Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

tadashi posted:

N:

V: I do declare

Looks like the front man from Metallica.

Also, I am wearing my Sox cap in the office and will be taking a half day to watch the opener in my pajamas. :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Poque posted:

I'm enjoying the comments from both sides on the Baez vs White Sign debacle. Like yes, it probably gave the Cardinals a run, but if you think they weren't going to score enough in B9 to win anyway you're delusional. Grichuk's hit alone would've tied it (assuming it is 3-1 going into that half inning and everything else remained the same).

The signage thing is really frustrating, you hate to see an outside factor impact a quality game. Conspiracy theorists blaming the Cardinals and implying that this is the next Deflategate are great. The more giggle-worthy bits are the people convinced that Dexter Fowler had been forever tainted by the Cardinals because:
A: The slide was designed to break an ankle and
B: Only the Cardinals have ever done takeout slides. Certainly
C: No Cub has ever done a takeout slide.

Also, the Cardinals apparently never have opening day ceremonies with past trophies or Hall of Famers, this was a one-year thing out of insecurity.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Pancakes posted:

Also, the Cardinals apparently never have opening day ceremonies with past trophies or Hall of Famers, this was a one-year thing out of insecurity.

Well, I commented on that in the GDT because I certainly don't watch Cardinals home openers unless they involve the Cubs. :) I do enjoy the vision in my head that it was extra petty this year for whatever reason.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Popete posted:

Suffering withdrawals already, MLB needs to extend the season so I don't have to deal with off days.

This day off after the home opener needs to end. I get why they do it, but still.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Beautiful day at Citi Field.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I wish I was at Camden Yards today but I'm gonna miss the whole game flying home to Seattle. :smith: There better be a bajillion home runs today, it's the O's and Jays.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Artix posted:

I wish I was at Camden Yards today but I'm gonna miss the whole game flying home to Seattle. :smith: There better be a bajillion home runs today, it's the O's and Jays.

What airline?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Southwest, so I could spring for in-flight wifi but I'm a cheap motherfucker. :v:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Artix posted:

Southwest, so I could spring for in-flight wifi but I'm a cheap motherfucker. :v:

You have access to streaming TV for free on their wifi and it includes ESPN and I think a couple of other channels that may be carrying baseball. I watched a Yankees game as we flew over the stadium one time.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

OK, I'll bite. Other than a shameful lack of Byung Ho Park to hit baseballs over scoreboards, what's :stare: about this?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Pussy Boss posted:

OK, I'll bite. Other than a shameful lack of Byung Ho Park to hit baseballs over scoreboards, what's :stare: about this?

The 2-3-4, specifically

vvv nah, just nine and a pitcher vvv

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 3, 2017

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

The Pussy Boss posted:

They're using 10 players :can:

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

IcePhoenix posted:

The 2-3-4, specifically

vvv nah, just nine and a pitcher vvv

Yeah I forgot that Joe Mauer hasn't been Joe Mauer in several years, and that Buxton hasn't come around yet. Not a great 3-4, Grossman had a good year last year though.

At least you don't have Ricky loving Nolasco as your opening day starter.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Good Dog posted:

Yeah I forgot that Joe Mauer hasn't been Joe Mauer in several years, and that Buxton hasn't come around yet. Not a great 3-4, Grossman had a good year last year though.

At least you don't have Ricky loving Nolasco as your opening day starter.

Buxton raked over the last month of 2016, so maybe he's coming around?

Please?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I guess it's a good time to admit that I have been confusing Bryan Buxton with Aaron Hicks for longer that I care to admit. Whenever I see someone posting about Buxton possibly figuring things out, I keep thinking that I thought he was traded to the Yankees, and also that it should be past the point where we can expect anything from him.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

N: Baselball is back! :peanut:

V: Oh right, another rebuilding year for the 'Crew. :suicide:

(at least the management is being completely honest about it. I hate it when the front office is "oh, we hope to contend this year!" when they're really saying "we're rebuilding")

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
N: Root Sports to offer in-market streaming...in May

V: Doesn't mean poo poo to me until AT&T makes a deal with someone other than themselves and Comcast

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Jason Castro batting sixth, mother of god

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Marlins already off to a great start I see

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
N: https://twitter.com/SarahWexler32/status/848998729247989760

V: #PuigTheBest

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

haha it was beautiful. He was so confused for a moment before that too.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Cards extend Piscotty, 6 years at $33.5M. Between this and Yadi it makes me think they're preparing to move Bader, Kelly or both (and I'd rather they not do that, much as I like the extensions in a vacuum).

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Batflips are the gods gift to us, and we should enjoy every single one of them.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

gif

https://twitter.com/FlyByKnite/status/849001043912347648

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I mean is that even really a bat flip? Throwing your bat is something you have to do anytime you're taking/running a base unless you're some weirdo who gently sets it down with great care before running to 1st.

I love bat flips like any good Goon but let's not throw the term around so willy nilly.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Popete posted:

I mean is that even really a bat flip? Throwing your bat is something you have to do anytime you're taking/running a base unless you're some weirdo who gently sets it down with great care before running to 1st.

I love bat flips like any good Goon but let's not throw the term around so willy nilly.

Agreed. This is a walk bat flip.

https://twitter.com/long_drive/status/849013094575722496

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

That's...the same thing?

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Inspector_666 posted:

That's...the same thing?

One of those bat flips is in violence.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Puig's was more like hey bat boy you don't have to run all the way out here you go bud.

Cool bat flip status: questionable

I was picturing he flipped the dang thing like it was a towering shot primed to be caught 3 feet in front of the warning track.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Spoeank posted:

Puig's was more like hey bat boy you don't have to run all the way out here you go bud.

Cool bat flip status: questionable

I was picturing he flipped the dang thing like it was a towering shot primed to be caught 3 feet in front of the warning track.
yeah but this is Puig, so any time he doesn't gently place his bat on the ground people are going to get worked up about BATFLIPZ

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

white sox have announced they are postponing all games until Moncada is called up.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
This is Puig flipping his bat on a walk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXyM6wKnRNQ

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
The Jays offence is going to be absolutely horrific this year, isn't it?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I was all excited to watch some Baseball when I got home from work...

...and then I realized that I don't get the T-Mobile deal until tomorrow... :negative:

(It's better off, I just saw that the Royals cratered hard in the 7th.)

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Lucas Duda hitting bases clearing doubles makes me happy.

15 years straight going to the Mets home opener.

So happy baseball is back.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I think the roster problems are pretty significant:

Darwin Barney 4th OFer.

Justin Smoak, best hitter off the bench.

Jason Grilli and Aaron Loup getting high leverage innings.

Shapiro/Atkins are really bad at roster management.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

The Twins are in sole possession of first place in the AL Central.

I just wanted to write that while I still could.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Poque posted:

Well, I commented on that in the GDT because I certainly don't watch Cardinals home openers unless they involve the Cubs. :) I do enjoy the vision in my head that it was extra petty this year for whatever reason.
uh how about "because it's hilarious to envision the Cardinals organization being just as salty as the BFIB twitter account material is"

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Man I hope the Jays can do something about this bullpen. Most of them were fine today but I don't foresee great things ahead with the current crew :S

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Hand Knit posted:

The Jays offence is going to be absolutely horrific this year, isn't it?

God I hope so.

Pinwiz11 posted:

(It's better off, I just saw that the Royals cratered hard in the 7th.)

Bullpen is a bit different than the WS team, eh?

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 4, 2017

• Locked thread