Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jason Sextro posted:

that can only help her get in good with wwe, really

Vince only cares if they are competition and/or highly respected, such as Eazy E or Jerry Jarret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Doesn't Vince hate people from the South, though? Like, if he treats his good friend Jim Ross like poo poo I can only imagine what he does to Dixie :allears:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grendels Dad posted:

Doesn't Vince hate people from the South, though? Like, if he treats his good friend Jim Ross like poo poo I can only imagine what he does to Dixie :allears:

It's really weird, considering Vince's slight southern accent that pops out occasionally.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Yeah I'm a blue Shrek, guy
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵

The more I see/hear of Karen Jarrett, the more I'm convinced that divorcing her may have saved Kurt's life.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The more I see/hear of Karen Jarrett, the more I'm convinced that divorcing her may have saved Kurt's life.

Post-divorce how many times has Kurt been arrested?

Post-divorce how many times has Karen shown up to venues stumbling drunk?

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

This is somehow both rather depressing and perfectly indicative of TNA as a whole.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

coconono posted:

Post-divorce how many times has Karen shown up to venues stumbling drunk?

How many times has Karen shown up sober?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kurt was more hosed up after that divorce than before.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Kurt was more hosed up after that divorce than before.

a cursory look at Wikipedia suggests he racked up arrests after the divorce, in a much larger quantity

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I think Kurt was headed down that road pretty hard regardless if he was married or not

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DJExile posted:

I think Kurt was headed down that road pretty hard regardless if he was married or not

Yeah he's just a hosed up dude and the painkiller addiction just made him more hosed up, it wasn't a marriage thing.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah he's just a hosed up dude and the painkiller addiction just made him more hosed up, it wasn't a marriage thing.

I wasn't saying it was all her fault, I was referring to the fact that he seems to have completely cleaned himself up while she's Making Impact Great Again. Had they stayed together, there's no way either of them would be even relatively okay.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wonder if Vince is gonna let him have one more match, or if he's done.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

whiteyfats posted:

Wonder if Vince is gonna let him have one more match, or if he's done.

Kurt is beyond hosed. There's no way he gets in the ring.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵

DJExile posted:

Kurt is beyond hosed. There's no way he gets in the ring.

Especially not when they've been keeping Daniel Bryan out of the ring even though he and most of the fans are starving to see him in action again.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I wasn't saying it was all her fault, I was referring to the fact that he seems to have completely cleaned himself up while she's Making Impact Great Again. Had they stayed together, there's no way either of them would be even relatively okay.

If you think Karen Jarrett has more of a role in "Being Involving With TNA" than Jeff loving Jarrett, then you're a complete loving idiot.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵

rare Magic card l00k posted:

If you think Karen Jarrett has more of a role in "Being Involving With TNA" than Jeff loving Jarrett, then you're a complete loving idiot.

I didn't say that. At all. My reference to her "Making Impact Great Again" was that her contribution to the company has been drunkenly yelling at the women's roster every week.

EDIT: Watching the most recent OSW Review episode of Destination X 2007 and Jeremy Borash used to be kinda cute. That's loving depressing.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 4, 2017

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

EDIT: Watching the most recent OSW Review episode of Destination X 2007 and Jeremy Borash used to be kinda cute. That's loving depressing.

It also reminded me that the Outlaws (sorry, VKM) used to be misogynist faces with a really rapey theme song. Russo loving hates women.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵

Rhonne posted:

It also reminded me that the Outlaws (sorry, VKM) used to be misogynist faces with a really rapey theme song. Russo loving hates women.

Oh yes, that was loving disgusting. I've never watched much TNA and most of what I know has been from SA, Brian & Vinny, LOLTNA, and now OSW. I had no idea how abhorrent it was. And we're only talking ten years ago, not thirty.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah younger borash was awesome. You can tell he's well past the point of giving a poo poo though

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

They also reminded me that like, a week after the WWE banned chair shots to the head, TNA responded by having Homicide blast Rob Terry in the head with one.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
*ring ring*

"Oh god they're in the house!"

"James Gang bia bia!"

Tna has amazing themes. I can't even find that poo poo one on YouTube anymore.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Curt Hennig, "Champion", still the GOAT TNA theme

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Rhonne posted:

they got face pops for that poo poo too

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵

Rhonne posted:

They also reminded me that like, a week after the WWE banned chair shots to the head, TNA responded by having Homicide blast Rob Terry in the head with one.

I can't find the video on YouTube right now, but it wasn't that simple. There was actually an entire segment where Bischoff, Flair, Hogan, and maybe someone else(?) all taunted the "Official TNA Doctor" and then laughed him out of the room when he tried to inform them that concussions, and specifically chairshots, were incredibly dangerous. And then the very next match was the Homicide/Terry debacle to which you're referring.

I really hope Rob Terry is okay these days.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

I can't find the video on YouTube right now, but it wasn't that simple. There was actually an entire segment where Bischoff, Flair, Hogan, and maybe someone else(?) all taunted the "Official TNA Doctor" and then laughed him out of the room when he tried to inform them that concussions, and specifically chairshots, were incredibly dangerous. And then the very next match was the Homicide/Terry debacle to which you're referring.

And didn't that weird Orlando Jones moment with the cream happened immediately after?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵

FunMerrania posted:

And didn't that weird Orlando Jones moment with the cream happened immediately after?

"We already have our audience trained to chant 'human being' so let's demonize bisexuals as well as homosexuals. But all along we'll insist we're actually promoting diversity and tolerance and understanding"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It was really something to see all of that occur in the span of, maybe, 10 full minutes live

You really didn't get any time to be pissed off at one thing because three more would happen in essentially the next camera shot

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Isn't that episode from around the time Bryan was losing his mind about TNA?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Rhonne posted:

God that was gross. The delayed blood ooze really made it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

whiteyfats posted:

It was!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"I WANT TO SEE A GOOD IMPACT!"

Vinny: "Well, you can't."

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Are you sure you're not mixing that up with the Ken Anderson concussion storyline? The one where Jeff Hardy(who was high out of his mind) blasted him in the back of his head with a chair has you had concerned citizen Matt Morgan, who had previously be booting people's heads into ring posts, come to his aid to tell us how serious concussions are.

This, of course, was happening at the same time Eric Young was having his comedy concussion angle where he suffered a head injury and went from being a serious heel to a crazy wacky comedy face.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵

Rhonne posted:

Are you sure you're not mixing that up with the Ken Anderson concussion storyline? The one where Jeff Hardy(who was high out of his mind) blasted him in the back of his head with a chair has you had concerned citizen Matt Morgan, who had previously be booting people's heads into ring posts, come to his aid to tell us how serious concussions are.

This, of course, was happening at the same time Eric Young was having his comedy concussion angle where he suffered a head injury and went from being a serious heel to a crazy wacky comedy face.

Does it loving matter?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

whiteyfats posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOUF9282TaI

A classic

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I DONT EVEN CARE IF IT SINKS!

I WOULD HAVE IT!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Given the direction TNA is going I don't think Bryan is ever going to get his boat.

We may get some new rants, though.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh, man.

I laugh every time I hear it. (March 10, 2010 if anybody wants the whole thing)

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I still can't believe TNA brought in all those guys and the result was making LESS money.

Like, obviously you'd expect it to be a net negative, but it was both a massive cost increase and death to their revenue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

2010 TNA getting beat in ratings by 2010 NXT is the most amazing thing

• Locked thread