Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Mighty Mouse break Silva's defense record?
This poll is closed.
Yes 35 28.93%
Umm, yes 36 29.75%
Yep 12 9.92%
yeh 38 31.40%
Total: 121 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Dangersim posted:

Honestly lawler has show weakness against headkicks (he blocks them with one arm)...really i hadn't even thought about that and it increases cowboys odds imo.

i agree it gives him a better shot but I dont think his shot is very good regardless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Am I crazy, cowboy has been dropped by body shots, right

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Bundt Cake posted:

Yes, sadly.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Lawler/Cerrone fight is sick. Glad Lawler is back. Did he ever say why he took a year off?

Also first 210 embedded is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaKHDLFKTOI

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

plz dont pull out posted:

Did he ever say why he took a year off?

(paraphrased) "it's not good to be in the type of fights I get in as often as I've been getting in them"

I assume.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

In that case good for him. It's cool he has the presence of mind to realize that rather than annihilate his brain till he's 45.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bundt Cake posted:

he has a glass chin but it's ribs

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bundt Cake posted:

Repeatedly.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Cerrone struggles against lefties and while his kicks are good he doesn't do a great job of protecting himself after throwing them (not just kicks, he's slow to cover up or move away after he throws anything), which got him knocked out in his last fight. He's also the sort of guy that you can overwhelm once you've got him hurt and Lawler is a monstrous finisher.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

big money big clit posted:

Cerrone struggles against lefties

he was a vocal trump voter yea

I'm not getting hype for this fight because whenever something sick like this gets booked it falls thru

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Cerrone never pulls out and takes fights on short notice and Robbie has had a huge break so I'm not concerned about the fight being cancelled.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone's extreme vulnerability to liver shots is brought to you by: Budweiser, the King of Beers.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
That fight will be great and I want to see Lawler to go back to doing what he does best: not fighting Tyrone S-smithers

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Gegard is doing the Roy Nelson gambit by fighting out his contract to get the UFC to pay him more, if he loses his plan will fail. I'd like to see him get paid but I'm not going to root against the American

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

El Roncho posted:

Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone's extreme vulnerability to liver shots is brought to you by: Budweiser, the King of Beers.

Lol

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Gegard is doing the Roy Nelson gambit by fighting out his contract to get the UFC to pay him more, if he loses his plan will fail. I'd like to see him get paid but I'm not going to root against the American

Did you see his house in the embedded? Mousasi is not hurting and he is the type of dude who can play out his contract this way, Roy Nelson was just being stupid.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Did you see his house in the embedded? Mousasi is not hurting and he is the type of dude who can play out his contract this way, Roy Nelson was just being stupid.

Mousasi is fighting a guy who's known to be really dangerous to put himself in the title picture. Nelson took a short-notice fight against an unknown to extend his winning streak. It's not really Nelson's fault that the nobody he fought turned out to be Stipe Miocic.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Mousasi is fighting a guy who's known to be really dangerous to put himself in the title picture. Nelson took a short-notice fight against an unknown to extend his winning streak. It's not really Nelson's fault that the nobody he fought turned out to be Stipe Miocic.

I think this is a much more winnable fight for Mousasi than that was for Nelson. I was also saying that Nelson needs money way more than real estate mogul Moose.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I think this is a much more winnable fight for Mousasi than that was for Nelson. I was also saying that Nelson needs money way more than real estate mogul Moose.

I agree, but I'm just saying that at the time Stipe Miocic didn't look like an unwinnable fight for Nelson. Stipe was the guy who'd lost to Struve and dropped a round to the Mexicutioner, so it wasn't as bad an idea at the time as it was in hindsight.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I thought it was extremely stupid at the time so I disagree. Roy Nelson sucks and sucked back then too.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Moussasi's in a good spot because even with a loss he's a recognisable name in a division where by all rights the Bellator champion should be a 40 year old Melvin Manhoef, and he already has Coker's ear. Even if he had no intention of leaving the UFC he can run up his price tag.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Moussasi's in a good spot because even with a loss he's a recognisable name in a division where by all rights the Bellator champion should be a 40 year old Melvin Manhoef, and he already has Coker's ear. Even if he had no intention of leaving the UFC he can run up his price tag.

In a normal universe where things still made a little sense I'd agree, but the UFC under new ownership hasn't seemed near as interested in bidding wars over prospects and name-value journeymen like they once were.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Well as much as it would loving suck to see him leave at least we could see him knock out Ryan Bader en route to a tournament final against Gabi Garcia

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

A UFC employee told me that they are pushing for May (lol) or September for Mayweather/McGregor and that the fight would be a boxing match in the octagon.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Who have the UFC let go that is comparable to mousasi in results or talent? Larkin?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Larkin was fighting up a weightclass and lost to a bunch of mediocre middleweights. Mousasi has a better record against better competition. But they look much better recently and have been wrecking people. It is baffling to me that they wouldn't want to pay either of them.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I think they'll keep mousasi even if he loses. There's some insanely sick matchups for him all over the place

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I think Weidman is a class above Mousasi... sorry mousasi fans. yer boy will be squished.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Well he seems to disagree

quote:

“I just see that Vitor Belfort is making tons more money than me. I defeated Dan Henderson, he’s making tons more money than me. I defeated Mark Hunt. He’s making $800,000 a fight. I can beat Michael Bisping and even before he was champion he was making a lot more than me. Why don’t I deserve to make some money? How is it possible Mark Hunt is making $800,000 with a record of 10-10? He has a record of 10 wins and 10 losses. Look at my record. How the [expletive] is that possible?” Mousasi asked.

“It comes all down to this fight. That’s why I trained so hard for this fight. It’s not because I want to beat Chris Weidman. It’s because I need to get paid and I’m going to get paid. That’s what I’m going to do.

Make no mistake, Mousasi wants to stay with the UFC after his fight with Weidman is finished, but he also hopes to see a significant raise after it’s over.

“I’m going to beat Weidman because he’s settled. I’m still hungry. I’m focused. I’ve worked hard for this fight just to finish the contract strongly,” Mousasi promised.

“As they say — show me the money! First, I need to win and then I can have that.”

He also gives his thoughts on UFC matchmaking.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/gegard-mousasi-erupts-over-ufc-matchmaking-ahead-of-final-fight-on-his-contract-040317

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Just because he has money doesn't mean he won't want a lot more.

Edit: Beating Weidman, even at this point, would still help Mousasi more than beating Miocic would have helped Nelson.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Apr 4, 2017

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bundt Cake posted:

I think Weidman is a class above Mousasi... sorry mousasi fans. yer boy will be squished.

Weidman seems like a tough matchup for sure

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I'm not gonna say Weidman is for sure a lock or anything, but if he loses I think it'll be his worst loss yet. Stylistically he is way better matched than he was against Rockhold and Romero.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I adore both Rose and Joanna Champion so I'd rather them never fight, but in what universe does Rose win that fight? Rose is the epitome of a "game" opponent and I doubt anyone could steamroll her. But the death by five thousand punches Joanna dishes out remains her M.O. I'm not sure who will beat her outside of a lucky sub.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Captain Log posted:

I adore both Rose and Joanna Champion so I'd rather them never fight, but in what universe does Rose win that fight?

Well, Karolina Konsonents almost knocked out Joanna in this very universe we occupy presently, so I'd say Rose would be a heavy but live dog.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Bluedeanie posted:

Well, Karolina Konsonents almost knocked out Joanna in this very universe we occupy presently, so I'd say Rose would be a heavy but live dog.

Well, Rose is a worse fighter than Karolina and has never knocked anyone out.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
live dog as in she'll be alive during most, if not all, of the fight

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Bluedeanie posted:

Firing up fightpass, thanks.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Captain Log posted:

I adore both Rose and Joanna Champion so I'd rather them never fight, but in what universe does Rose win that fight? Rose is the epitome of a "game" opponent and I doubt anyone could steamroll her. But the death by five thousand punches Joanna dishes out remains her M.O. I'm not sure who will beat her outside of a lucky sub.

joanna can be knocked out i think .. though she is very fit and competing in a weightclass where knockouts are hard. andrade can do it

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Captain Log posted:

I mean, rose does have a 13 second flying armbar win on her record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

It's too bad Jojo will probably never get past the strong grapplers at the top of the division because her vs Joanna sounds like the most entertaining matchup at 115 imo

also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvPrNzRLrDw

• Locked thread