Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

Rascyc posted:

You can't reverse the triangle with a breaker skill unfortunately, it's one of the inherit rules. So no putting swordbreaker on Hector. It's almost never a bad idea to put the same breaker as the weapon of a character to firm up all the mirror options, like Eirika with swordbreaker can actually fight off some default Lucinas or at least defend themselves. Also if you run into someone with a breaker skill it will get cancelled by your own and vice versia. There was a lot of fear on reddit that there might be an arms race breaker meta but reddit is always afraid of random poo poo and it hasn't seemed to have happened to my knowledge.

Caveat: I don't play Minerva but I helped a friend set hers up earlier -- specifically it's quick riposte + draconic aura + life and death 3 that is good for her. This allows Minerva to kill all of the default speedstar swords, but not the tanky ones. She doesn't need quick riposte or the attack buff at all to kill the vast majority of lancers generally, but if you do use her to kill a sword first she'll be left pretty bad off and won't be able to solo lancers after that but can finish them. You can swap draconic aura for moonbow but you'll probably need some hone attack buffs, I don't see much value in going moonbow cause if you happen to have a moonbow up after the first sword slay it doesn't seem to make a difference on the lance matchups that might be follow.

Note this is all before merged units so if you run into that poo poo you might need to do some math before leaving your minerva in a risky spot.

Got it thanks that's all very good to know. I run my Minerva with life and death along with Luna and it seems to be working pretty great so far. Still leveling subaki up for quick riposte but yeah Minerva hits like a ton of bricks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Did the Navarre grand battle on lunatic first try. Seemed much easier than the previous ones.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
How useful is Nino?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

How useful is Nino?

Very

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I meant in the grand battle. I was hoping Nino or Tharja can just sweep everyone as usually.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

I meant in the grand battle. I was hoping Nino or Tharja can just sweep everyone as usually.

I also meant the grand battle

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Spent like 140 orbs chasing Effie or Kagero. Didn't get either... but I pulled a Takumi. Is -Atk/+Spd a usable nature for him?

e: And with almost all of my remaining orbs I managed to land bunny Chrom, so that's these Arena seasons squared away at least.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Apr 4, 2017

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I actually can't clear the lunatic version, that hammer axe dude keeps loving up my effie and my Kagero can't one shot him

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Andrast posted:

I also meant the grand battle

Oh good! Can't wait to spend all my orbs on colorless to get a poo poo pile of useless healers/ninjas!

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

As expected Bunny Chrom ended up not doing much, but I still managed to get an arena score of 4500 with a deathless run, highest I've ever gotten. Could get a higher score if I put Fury on Nino, but that will probably put me up against those insane whale teams.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Boo at navarre's desperation being a 5* skill

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Navarre was ezpz

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Finally coming back to this game, is there a good guide for the skill inheriting system? Also Bunny Xander owns.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Kagero + healer did all the work for the GHB. Did it second try when I saw all the thieves and infantry. Finally a use for my Swordbreaker Ephraim as he was able to oneshot Navarre on enemy phase so he can move out of the way for Karel to kill the hammer fighter.

The thieves were the threat. Take Kagero or Setsuna.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

The rogues have Bowbreaker, so Setsuna's pretty useless.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
A triangle adept Robin M can work well. Unsurprisingly, so can Hector.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Stephen9001 posted:

A triangle adept Robin M can work well. Unsurprisingly, so can Hector.

A triangle adept Robin M makes the map a joke. The ninjas and Navarre can barely even scratch him. leaving the only threat on the map the solitary Axe guy. Also in the arena finally managed to get a Hector to attack my Selena and watching him get one rounded without doing any damage was hilarious.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i normally find the lunatic challenges really easy but this one is a pain for me with no robinm / kagero :(

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I did it with Nino/Sharena/Olivia/Camilla

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Might have to represent my pillow-handed boy Subaki looking at these matchups.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
from all these grand battles, I really need someone to be able to say gently caress you to ninjas.

Also I got an atk+/hp- Robin (M). That's good, right? If Robin boy really makes this lunatic map easy, I might try grinding him up.

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Apr 4, 2017

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Tired Moritz posted:

from all these grand battles, I really need someone to be able to say gently caress you to ninjas.

Also I got an atk+/hp- Robin (M). That's good, right? If Robin boy really makes this lunatic map easy, I might try grinding him up.

Sounds good enough for the purpose of loving over Ninjas.

(I used my usual +HP, -Def M!Robin with Atk and Spd boosts to tank and take out anyone that wasn't the Axe infantry (or bring them into a range where Julia could KO them), though I kinda cheated with Triangle Adept. Said Axe Infantry was thoroughly taken care of by Eirika and Julia. Serra provided healing and boosts.)

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Apr 4, 2017

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Tired Moritz posted:

MRobin was my MVP for the battle, though it's worth noting that even with TA and Swordbreaker, Navarre has enough defenses to survive with ~24 HP. :lmao: Had to finish him off with another unit. But he'll definitely cut the map's challenge by a lot.

Also +Atk -HP is probably the best MRobin all-around.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Heavy Spears are my underrated gem of the day.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Effie or Hector plow this challenge, too.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

YES. Nino's power grows:

Haven't tried the Navarre battle yet. Need to level this gal back up first. The all-cavalry team is doing fine in the Arena.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
managed the lunatic one with nino / ryoma / sharena / azura in the end. thank god for having distant counter + vantage against those bullshit ninjas.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Navarre getting Desperation 3 at 4* seems like it's real good for fodder. I'm going to have to try extra hard to get both.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Navarre getting Desperation 3 at 4* seems like it's real good for fodder. I'm going to have to try extra hard to get both.

He gets desperation 3 at 5*

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Andrast posted:

He gets desperation 3 at 5*

Really? The one you fight in the first stage has it and its only 4* :negative:

Dang, just checked and you're right. That's a real bummer. Well, now I feel less inclined to try extra hard to get both of them.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Nuebot posted:

Really? The one you fight in the first stage has it and its only 4* :negative:

Dang, just checked and you're right. That's a real bummer. Well, now I feel less inclined to try extra hard to get both of them.

He's not worth the hassle.

And it's not even that much hassle.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Someone stop me from going mad with orbs here :shepicide:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I dunno where you guys get these orbs, I'm sitting on like six

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

The old fashioned way

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
still waiting for Ike. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEQ5L-I0OG4

Ty japanese free unit player. jesus christ, Subaki is truly a mvp.

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Apr 4, 2017

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

The White Dragon posted:

I blew all mine to get my dancing dragon lady. I guess lots of folks didn't want a dancing dragon lady.

Now I want bunnies though...

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Tired Moritz posted:

still waiting for Ike. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEQ5L-I0OG4

Ty japanese free unit player. jesus christ, Subaki is truly a mvp.
I think Olivia is more the MVP.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

I blew all mine to get my dancing dragon lady. I guess lots of folks didn't want a dancing dragon lady.

Now I want bunnies though...

I spent 120 of my saved 150 orbs on bunnies and got all of them except Chrom.

Worth it

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Why did they call it "danger area" instead of "danger zone", seems like a missed opportunity.

I got the easter version of Camilla. Is that better than her old version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Roger Explosion posted:

I think Olivia is more the MVP.

yeah but everyone knows Olivia is good

Subaki caught everyone by surprise and had been used in the last three grand battles.