Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Morty is in high school, but his math class (that he's struggling with) is at a first grade level.

Has that been in general? I can only think of the scammer aliens episode where it was ridiculously elementary school math. And that was a lovely simulation. And wasn't even Morty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

mutata posted:

It's me, the guy who contract models drawover stand-in 3d models for Rick and Morty.

Typical posted:

Guys please say Hello to Mutata, he is a goon I found in the daily drawings thread to help me with the more complicated models. His work is A+ and we have used him to do all kinds of 3D stand in stuff. We split up this season about 50/50 between the two of us. Though he is by far the superior 3D guy. I usually just give him 1 sketch of a spaceship or something and he turns around a complete model in just a few days.

Hello Mutata! Keep up the good work!

Strobe posted:

"Villain Protagonist"

Eh, I feel like villains are more goal oriented than Rick usually is.

He's more of an "Amoral Hedonist protagonist" like an ancient trickster God.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Anybody else playing Pocket Morty on their phone?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I thought I had missed the live stream but was surprised to see Adult Swim is randomly interspersing Rick and Morty into other shows' time slots without changing the guide listing.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Yes.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I am now. :tipshat:

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I'm terrible at it so I haven't touched it in a while, but I do have it

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Wasn't expecting it, but was a little disappointed to log in and see the citadel wasn't trashed.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
More stuff copied from Skype conversations:

Okay, I just watched Wedding Squanchers and Rickshank Redemption as a double feature. Most of my new comments are about the end of Wedding Squanchers. I'm 100% willing to believe that the general plot of Rickshank Redemption was always intended to be the followup to Wedding Squanchers. The audience is absolutely misled about Rick's intentions, but not in a way I'd characterize as "lying to the audience" like Hans's intentions in Frozen (with the early shot of him swooning about Anna alone). In light of Rickshank Redemption, Rick's expressions in the final scene of Wedding Squanchers make perfect sense as motivated primarily by frustration with Jerry and a steely determination to get revenge on him, and Rick is already in denial about any self-loathing he might have momentarily consciously felt.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Huh. So I guess those vouchers for a free replacement Morty he got before are no longer valid. Bummer.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

In 1998 they had this promotion for the Disney film Mulan, where they created this sauce for the McNuggets called Szechuan Sauce and it's delicious and then they got rid of it and now it's gone.

The going rate for a McNugget with Szechuan Sauce in 1998 was sixteen and a half cents per nugget. (Or $0.1645/McNugget if you bought 20). It truly was a brighter, more innocent time in the '90s.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Just chiming in to say that during Mulans run i probably ate the special 20 piece promo nugget box with szechuan sauce like 10 times at least.

They should bring the sauce back imo

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

it's gonna be like when they brought back surge and everyone realized it wasn't actually that good

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Typical posted:

glad y'all liked the episode. please enjoy these drawings and 3D models I made that are a small contribution to the herculean effort it takes to make 22 minutes of animation.

i watched the episode a second time and noticed how the robot's eyes turned into the evil-robot-scanner-thing. neato

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Cardboard Box posted:

it's gonna be like when they brought back surge and everyone realized it wasn't actually that good
Twenty years from now and they'll be doing the same for Vault.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cardboard Box posted:

Surge was awesome, and screw anyone who disagrees.

So was Coke II. Coke II got a bad rap. I could go on a Rick like rant about wanting to obtain more Coke II, if only I had access to alien mind prisons to have it again.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I think it was called New Coke

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Covok posted:

Also, is there a term in fiction for a protagonist who is a dickbag? Like, I know about "anti-hero", but Rick doesn't do enough good things to qualify.

It's just 'anti-hero'.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

OAquinas posted:

Huh. So I guess those vouchers for a free replacement Morty he got before are no longer valid. Bummer.

On the other hand he can travel to other dimensions and grab as many as he wants with no-one to stop him.

One interesting thing about the fact that every (almost) every Rick has a Morty, it means that im every dimension Beth ends up with Jerry against Ricks wishes.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

World Famous W posted:

Twenty years from now and they'll be doing the same for Vault.

Vault was fantastic, though. Mountain Dew pretty much evolved to be a decent Surge replacement, but Vault was a treasure all its own.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Takoluka posted:

Vault was fantastic, though. Mountain Dew pretty much evolved to be a decent Surge replacement, but Vault was a treasure all its own.

Eh, it was okay.

Mountain Dew Throwback is my jam. Corn syrup is dumb.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

I missed the Pokemon boat by being an old, are there any references/carryovers gameplay-wise that I should know or is it just a grind-and-collect game?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
imo they accidentally brought a different, evil rick home

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
also shut up about mcdonalds

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think generally the end of these episodes can be basically ignored and are just turned up to 11 intensity for humor's sake. Like Mr. Poopy Butthole flipping out and assaulting the pizza guy.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

little munchkin posted:

also shut up about mcdonalds

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

MasterSlowPoke posted:

What was the Marmaduke joke someone in the last thread was talking about?

few pages back but the joke made me laugh real hard so

at the end of Raising Gazorpazorp, the episode where morty has a child with a sex robot, morty's trying to convince morty jr. to channel his omnicidal urges into creativity. the creator of Marmaduke walks by and says something like "it really works! I channel my constant thoughts of horrible violence and sexual crimes into my art." "...I didn't really get that impression..." "Well, did you think my comics are supposed to make people laugh?"

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

mutata posted:

It's me, the guy who contract models drawover stand-in 3d models for Rick and Morty.

Yooo that's dope.

Soon we'll have more people working for the show in this topic than regular goons!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBhhlE92mIQ

Gotta get that sauce

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Pretty sure that Jerry is just going to end up living with Doofus Rick on poo poo-eating world.

He will find the real version of Sleepy Gary and live with him.

Ross Perowned
Jun 14, 2012

Shit in my hand and say yeah

I'm friends with this dude, and I'm the one who gave him the suggestion on doing this video, as I am a cultural influencer. You are all welcome.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ross Perowned posted:

I'm friends with this dude, and I'm the one who gave him the suggestion on doing this video, as I am a cultural influencer. You are all welcome.

Yo, for real, tell your friend he owns super hard and I love his videos.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

mutata posted:

Typical posted:

Guys please say Hello to Mutata, he is a goon I found in the daily drawings thread to help me with the more complicated models. His work is A+ and we have used him to do all kinds of 3D stand in stuff. We split up this season about 50/50 between the two of us. Though he is by far the superior 3D guy. I usually just give him 1 sketch of a spaceship or something and he turns around a complete model in just a few days.
It seriously rules having both you guys share your stuff in here (it makes skipping past all the :words: theorizing about the show worth it). It's really cool to get this behind-the-scenes look at all the hard work going into the details that make the show special.

Ross Perowned
Jun 14, 2012

Shit in my hand and say yeah

WampaLord posted:

Yo, for real, tell your friend he owns super hard and I love his videos.

I'm trying to get him to do all the good-lookin' Studio Ghibli food next, haha

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I'm getting a sense from Beth's explanation that they're gonna do at least the first half of the season totally absen of and then we'll get an episode of just Jerry, possibly weaving interconnected plot threads through the previous episodes.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'll be glad to have less Jerry if that's the case. Something about the character just doesn't work.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

parallelodad posted:

Something about the character just doesn't work.

He works, he just doesn't know what he does.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Haha, two parts sweet and sour, one part bbq. Of course that's how McDonald's made it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

beth is more broken and pathetic than jerry imo