Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

...I BELIEVE he became a mod almost immediately AFTER he posted that, if I remember my timeline correctly.

Hot Dog Kickstarter gets posted to be mocked -> Noni waxes philosphical - > goons begin funding it - > Noni made mod -> Kickstarter finishes, Christmas presents given.

I coulda swore that ended with no xmas presents given because goon dad funded the frog dogger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Cacafuego posted:

I coulda swore that ended with no xmas presents given because goon dad funded the frog dogger

You are correct.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

theflyingorc posted:

...I BELIEVE he became a mod almost immediately AFTER he posted that, if I remember my timeline correctly.

Hot Dog Kickstarter gets posted to be mocked -> Noni waxes philosphical - > goons begin funding it - > Noni made mod -> Kickstarter finishes, Christmas presents given.

Cacafuego posted:

Also "Noni bans Epic Ham Cat AND WOULD DO IT AGAIN" should be in there somewhere

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Cacafuego posted:

I meant "given away"

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
In the thread for gifting/trading games on Steam.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

purple death ray posted:

Lol check out the rich kids with their Hershey bars

*eats chocolate egg left over from dollar store Easter basket, the foil only covers 78% of the candy and also it is September*

too real

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
Had to go back to that dude's house I'm embarrassed (I worked as a plumber for a year in the past :negative:) to say I didn't catch it for a while, just in case others are curious I did some circlin

You can't FUCKIN CUT THOSE that's incredibly dangerous. Without that support the heavy rear end tub he wanted to put there might crash through the floor its basically resting on plywood and then more plywood. Just pulling a number out of my rear end but a full tub of that size probably weighs a few hundred pounds plus a person. Not to mention without the top beams those middle supports are p weak, even if the tub shifts just a little bit it could pinch the water supply and maybe even crack the pvc plumbing. There's like 4 inches of support missing from what looks like a 4x4 foot area.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Yeet posted:

Had to go back to that dude's house I'm embarrassed (I worked as a plumber for a year in the past :negative:) to say I didn't catch it for a while, just in case others are curious I did some circlin

You can't FUCKIN CUT THOSE that's incredibly dangerous. Without that support the heavy rear end tub he wanted to put there might crash through the floor its basically resting on plywood and then more plywood. Just pulling a number out of my rear end but a full tub of that size probably weighs a few hundred pounds plus a person. Not to mention without the top beams those middle supports are p weak, even if the tub shifts just a little bit it could pinch the water supply and maybe even crack the pvc plumbing. There's like 4 inches of support missing from what looks like a 4x4 foot area.

A reasonable-sized bath tub contains about 100 gallons according to Google, and a gallon of water weighs about 8 pounds. So probably something like 800 lbs or so not including the weight of the tub.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Silver Alicorn posted:

I think bosnianbill fans will appreciate that one a bit more

First thing I thought when I saw that lock was, "I want to see bosnianbill pick that."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Trig Discipline posted:

A reasonable-sized bath tub contains about 100 gallons according to Google, and a gallon of water weighs about 8 pounds. So probably something like 800 lbs or so not including the weight of the tub.
It wouldn't be completely filled with water, but you also have to include the 200+ pounds of goon sitting in it.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Yeah, engineered beams are a cheap, lightweight alternative to solid wood joists, but they only work if they're intact. There's been talk back and forth about banning the use of them as structural supports, because the second they're compromised, the whole floor is at risk of collapse.

And this dude just compromised a whole bunch of them in a row to make room for the heaviest thing in the house. It's hilarious.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Yeah but now I got that low rider tub bruh

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
It's an escape tub. In case of home invasion, fill it up, hop in and let fate take you where it may.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

RandomFerret posted:

Yeah, engineered beams are a cheap, lightweight alternative to solid wood joists, but they only work if they're intact. There's been talk back and forth about banning the use of them as structural supports, because the second they're compromised, the whole floor is at risk of collapse.
And as the goon in question showcases, people think "I'm just removing a few inches, how bad can it be?" and saw through them without realizing why they look that way and how they've completely compromised their load bearing ability.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Well since you're only worried about the top stringer in compression could you get some fraction of the strength back by replacing the missing upper element the bracing the poo poo out of it? But you'd need the reinforcement to extend several feet under the covered section.

My first year Statics was a loooong time ago.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Did anyone ask why he wanted the tub a few inches lower?

E: also I believe the beams in question are there also to carry the weight of the rest of the loving room not just what rests directly on the destroyed area. Does that matter?

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 14:41 on Apr 4, 2017

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Karate Bastard posted:

so his fat self could step into it

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Stupid bitch.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Applebees people have above ground pools, liquid playboys have in ground pools

i have an in ground bathtub

Nobody talks about this

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Pools are fuckin' stupid unless you have someone who does all the work for you. I used to sell pools and they're just a big hole in the ground that you dump money into.

My favorite stories about pool catastrophes are the deer that got trapped underneath the cover during winter (it was old and its hooves tore through), the ground hogs tunneling underneath a pool and causing the bottom to drain out, and the children pole vaulting from side to side by using a netless skimmer pole and tearing the vinyl liner.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Pools are fuckin' stupid unless you have someone who does all the work for you.

ain't that the truth. Just keeping the water clean is a pain in the dick, you skim it every day, put all the chemicals in that supposedly keep the algae down, and it'll still turn green inside a week.

But then you just pay someone else to do it and it somehow stays crystal clear, :iiam:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Jabor posted:

ain't that the truth. Just keeping the water clean is a pain in the dick, you skim it every day, put all the chemicals in that supposedly keep the algae down, and it'll still turn green inside a week.

But then you just pay someone else to do it and it somehow stays crystal clear, :iiam:

The best part is that they just nuke it with poo poo that ruins everything long-term. Hope you like copper stains and replacing all your equipment!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Rust Martialis posted:

Well since you're only worried about the top stringer in compression could you get some fraction of the strength back by replacing the missing upper element the bracing the poo poo out of it? But you'd need the reinforcement to extend several feet under the covered section.

My first year Statics was a loooong time ago.

You would really need to see what structural elements they were joined to so you could see what could be braced. Two bucks says the house is a modular, which are sturdy as hell but so compartmentalized that won't help him at all.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

He will never tell anyone about it again and a home inspector won't see it.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

For near two decades now, astronomers could gaze to the sky and rest easy knowing that there is an exact point in the sky where you could see an orbiting, geostationary set of titties.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

the children pole vaulting from side to side by using a netless skimmer pole and tearing the vinyl liner.

That's actually pretty awesome tbqh

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

That's actually pretty awesome tbqh

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Karate Bastard posted:

I think it was something like "the tile was too hard to remove from the subfloor so look what I did to save time and now the tub will be lower! :downs:

Everyone else: :catstare:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

beep-beep car is go posted:

I think it was something like "the tile was too hard to remove from the subfloor so look what I did to save time and now the tub will be lower! :downs:

Everyone else: :catstare:

I had a friend decide they wanted to extend their kitchen window a few feet in both directions and they just sort of sawzalled a huge chunk out of the side of their house. How dumb is this compared to bathtub goon? Because we still give them poo poo for having to redo basically the entire side of their house.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

I had a friend decide they wanted to extend their kitchen window a few feet in both directions and they just sort of sawzalled a huge chunk out of the side of their house. How dumb is this compared to bathtub goon? Because we still give them poo poo for having to redo basically the entire side of their house.

They are both pretty dumb but even if they'd finished putting in the bath over that then they'd likely be out a working bathroom in short order. Hole in the exterior wall and lack of support for the roof and upper floor(s) is more critical.

Now if the bathroom is on a second story

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

That would be another story.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

That would be another story.

To be exact the bathroom would be on the second story, and the tub would most certainly be on another story.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

syscall girl posted:

They are both pretty dumb but even if they'd finished putting in the bath over that then they'd likely be out a working bathroom in short order. Hole in the exterior wall and lack of support for the roof and upper floor(s) is more critical.

I believe the bathtub is on the second story, yes. Why would you even have I beams under a ground floor floor?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Facebook Aunt posted:

I believe the bathtub is on the second story, yes. Why would you even have I beams under a ground floor floor?

To keep it from falling into the basement? That's why my house has them.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
You can see what appears to be a recessed light can between the beams and he is talking about loving with drywall in the kitchen in order to install his retarded bracing. So I think that is over his kitchen lmbo.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

syscall girl posted:

nah, if they didn't saw through anything electrical or piping or load bearing lol they're fine. Now lemme tell ya about when my idiot buddy sawed through the feeder line to the electrical heating

he patched it with lamp cable

he got lots of heating

just not where he expected it

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

I am grateful to whoever posted that bath-death-trap thread, me and my bf are both structural engineers and we are enjoying it immensely

We don't design houses made of wood chips so I am also learning :buddy:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

teenytinymouse posted:

I am grateful to whoever posted that bath-death-trap thread, me and my bf are both structural engineers and we are enjoying it immensely

We don't design houses made of wood chips so I am also learning :buddy:

Posters please use short words so these two Civs can follow along.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Rust Martialis posted:

Posters please use short words so these two Civs can follow along.

Thank u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
variation on a classic:

Guy Mann posted:

Proposal: Laugh at a bunch of sociopathic, bitter virgins

Reality: A bunch of unfuckable computer janitors humblebragging about how they're so much better than those loser redditors to a bunch of unlovable catladies who vent about how every other person they've dated is broken and crazy. All the while a steady stream of 30 year-old virgins Kramer into the thread in a rush to self-own themselves with reassurances that dying alone is cool and good and actually what they want.