Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Turbo Keane scum

It is known

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Confirming.

I was going to post a mate's log but TNL BEAT ME TO IT, so I'll just leave this here while I come up with something better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmGuy0jievs

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Infinitum posted:

No really CCKeane

A 7 vote turbo is unlikely to be completely scum you say?

##vote CCKeane

Bow wow.

(I said what I said. It's unlikely to be completely scum and I'd wager that town is at the least, a major driver on it. What's the issue?)

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CCKeane posted:

Bow wow.

(I said what I said. It's unlikely to be completely scum and I'd wager that town is at the least, a major driver on it. What's the issue?)

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Turbo Keane scum

It is known

He's a good boy that's what he is.

CCKeane posted:

Bow wow.

Though you said it seemed to be a setup which implies, if I understand the usage, a more purposeful intent to the vote-chain.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

(the issue is anon is scum)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
100yrs I'm going to need you to do me a solid.

I'm gonna need you to vote for Infinitum.

If you're town, you'll be doing the town a huge favor. If you're scum, you'll be doing the town a huge favor.

It's really win-win. I know it's not in your nature to turbo-vote people, you go through things cautiously, but this just isn't the time or place for it.

Please do me this solid.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I'm scum because I said it's a bad idea to turbo someone right off the bat? There's a difference between a jokephase turbo and 7 out of 10 votes down already

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I'm scum because I said it's a bad idea to turbo someone right off the bat? There's a difference between a jokephase turbo and 7 out of 10 votes down already

deffo scum.

if you vote for infinitum though that would rehabilitate your cred a lot, I say this as your attorney, I advise you to do so.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

deffo scum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG_Ye25krrs

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

100yrs I'm going to need you to do me a solid.

I'm gonna need you to vote for Infinitum.

If you're town, you'll be doing the town a huge favor. If you're scum, you'll be doing the town a huge favor.

It's really win-win. I know it's not in your nature to turbo-vote people, you go through things cautiously, but this just isn't the time or place for it.

Please do me this solid.

You know I hold you in high regard Ecco. I hope you just aren't taking advantage of our friendship:

##vote infinitum

Though I do think it'd be a good learning experience to find out why we should turbo infinitum D1.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Good to know you don't have any thoughts of your own 100yrs

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

P. Mom why would you shoot Inf, and would you do so immediately or would you let things develop?

I would shoot Inf on sight, regardless of his claim.

His style of play, avowedly, is "make up a scum read on someone, and hammer at it until exhaustion". He's actively an anti-town player.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I haven't played that way in a long time tho soooooooooo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I mean if you want me to there's a laundry list of players voting me currently I could have a crack at

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Good to know you don't have any thoughts of your own 100yrs

I want to try to play these games more loosely than I used to. Just have fun and not over-worry or stress about the game or the results.

Besides I'm very partial to my friends, and as long as they're having a good time, so am I.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Infinitum posted:

I haven't played that way in a long time tho soooooooooo

march thirteenth, two thousand and seventeen

Pander posted:

Inf: congrats, you surpassed Lumpen in the making my blood pressure rise an unhealthy level category this game.

Infinitum posted:

Generally I just go at someone hammer and tongs until I'm satisfied they're town

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The way he describes isn't quite how you portray it Pmom. That reads more like someone who picks on someone until satisfied they're town instead of someone who tunnels in until one of them dies. Maybe it doesn't work out like that in practice, but that doesn't sound like a necessarily bad way to feel comfortable about someone's alignment.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The way he describes isn't quite how you portray it Pmom. That reads more like someone who picks on someone until satisfied they're town instead of someone who tunnels in until one of them dies. Maybe it doesn't work out like that in practice, but that doesn't sound like a necessarily bad way to feel comfortable about someone's alignment.

the way it works out in practice is that he'll take a statement someone makes, like, say, "mafia is a game of limited information", and then say "look, PMom knows about the setup, he scum slipped", and then keep tunnelling and saying I scum slipped for three game days.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

march thirteenth, two thousand and seventeen

Making up a scum read and tunnelling
vs
Interrogating someone hard to confirm they're town

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

anyway i'm putting inf back on ignore, dunk him or don't

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Speaking of lovely ways to play :v:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Infinitum posted:

Making up a scum read and tunnelling
vs
Interrogating someone hard to confirm they're town

But what happens if you've exhausted your questions or if their answers aren't changing because there's nothing more they can say?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

##unvote

A turbo must be quick. This is taking too long therefore I will no longer throw my astonishing beauty and intellect behind this turbo.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

It's only been 12 hours! I feel like most people have been asleep for those 12 hours.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Mr. F! posted:

##unvote

A turbo must be quick. This is taking too long therefore I will no longer throw my astonishing beauty and intellect behind this turbo.

put your vote back on you piece of dirt.

ninja e: please.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

100YrsofAttitude posted:

But what happens if you've exhausted your questions or if their answers aren't changing because there's nothing more they can say?

Obviously keep pestering them in the scummiest way possible

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ecco let me make some more art for you and then you can give me your seal of approval

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I want to try to play these games more loosely than I used to. Just have fun and not over-worry or stress about the game or the results.

Besides I'm very partial to my friends, and as long as they're having a good time, so am I.

##vote 100 tbh this is the worst vote so far on this thing

I'm trying to decide whether Ecco pushing the turbo is purely out of game events motivated or whether it's an alignment tell and am leaning towards out of game events

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Flying Leatherman posted:

I'm trying to decide whether Ecco pushing the turbo is purely out of game events motivated or whether it's an alignment tell and am leaning towards out of game events

this is a bad vote. 100yrs is doing something because I told him to do so; if you think he's scum for it, vote for me, since I am the one compelling him.

but don't vote for either of us, FL; vote for infinitum.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Why are you focusing on Ecco, a lot of people are pushing this dunk

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

EccoRaven posted:

this is a bad vote. 100yrs is doing something because I told him to do so; if you think he's scum for it, vote for me, since I am the one compelling him.

i disagree, I explained why I'm confused about your motivations but 100yrs is, in his post and subsequent justification, explaining that he made the vote specifically to sheep you and that seems scummy to me.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Why are you focusing on Ecco, a lot of people are pushing this dunk

i think there's a differentiation between "pushing" and "voting on", and i don't think there's anyone actively pushing as hard as she is especially now we're past "hilarious turbo" and into meta-vote land

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

i disagree, I explained why I'm confused about your motivations but 100yrs is, in his post and subsequent justification, explaining that he made the vote specifically to sheep you and that seems scummy to me.

vote for infinitum. you are trying to be helpful by taking your time and making sure it's a good vote but you're not actually helping, you're in fact hurting. all of these thoughts can be discussed at length tomorrow. for now, the real thing is to vote.

do me this favor, FL. if he flips town hypercharger I will accept the loss with grace, and if he flips scum I will take no credit or glory. for I am only doing the will of the one who sent me.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bringing over grudges from past games/outside thread is dumb, which is what Ecco is apparently doing.

Think there's probably some merit in analysing the timing of votes later

As FL states 100yrs not having an actual opinion is bad tho when it's well past ha-ha-joke-turbo land

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i think there's a differentiation between "pushing" and "voting on", and i don't think there's anyone actively pushing as hard as she is especially now we're past "hilarious turbo" and into meta-vote land

this was always a vote about infinitum being a terrible player and not a "hilarious turbo"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ATTN Ecco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmYLrxR0Y8

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Pinterest Mom posted:

this was always a vote about infinitum being a terrible player and not a "hilarious turbo"

maybe for you but half the votes on him are either mindless +1's or have no justification, so I don't think you can characterize the entire train like that

unless everyone in this game has such strong meta feelings about his playstyle that they would immediately vote him which I doubt

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:shrug:

he should and can be immediately voted out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

unless everyone in this game has such strong meta feelings about his playstyle that they would immediately vote him which I doubt

Pinterest Mom posted:

he should and can be immediately voted out

just do it FL. you're holding up the game.

• Locked thread