Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That is so green I'm tempted to cunningly fashion it into a brooch. To be fair, it's to be expected when you put blue stuff all over a yellow chip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

China has done to McBolan's what we have done with Panda Express. Absolutely would not, but either solves or throws a wrench into the hotdog-sandwich debate:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Those patties look so much like little pizzas.

... I'm sure someone's done that.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Hamtinodogs are too much flavor for any one human to actually process.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

My Lovely Horse posted:

That is so green I'm tempted to cunningly fashion it into a brooch. To be fair, it's to be expected when you put blue stuff all over a yellow chip.

Completely off thread topic but I watched that very episode a few days ago and just wanted to appreciate the reference.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

cash crab posted:

I'm back. I don't think there's much to this story, but here you go. Basically, two months ago, my roommate asked if it would be alright if some of the guys from Insomnia came to our house, used our kitchen to make some fancy food and then charge acquaintances something in the neighborhood of $70 CDN to attend.

This is the weirdest poo poo I've read all year.

Are roving bands of renegade cooks that set up pop-up restaurants in peoples' houses just par for the course up in Canada?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Are roving bands of renegade cooks that set up pop-up restaurants in peoples' houses just par for the course up in Canada?

i need to move to canada

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Canada does things differently, friend.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Millennial Sexlord posted:

"American" food isn't all just loving hamburgers and steaks.

Yeah, that's ignoring all the various deep-fried and casseroled dishes.

And something sexy for you fine folk

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I would try this??????

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

NewFatMike posted:

China has done to McBolan's what we have done with Panda Express. Absolutely would not, but either solves or throws a wrench into the hotdog-sandwich debate:

I bet GF and I could track this down...

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Baja California

Cajun

Carolina Barbeque

Chicago Pizza

Creole

Kansas Barbeque

New England

Maine Lobster Country

Pacific Northwest

Napa Valley

Texas Barbeque

Florida Carribean

Sonoran New Mexican

Please, tell us more about the U.S. is just McDonald's and junkfood though.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
drat now im hungry

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Baja California

Cajun

Carolina Barbeque

Chicago Pizza

Creole

Kansas Barbeque

New England

Maine Lobster Country

Pacific Northwest

Napa Valley

Texas Barbeque

Florida Carribean

Sonoran New Mexican

:swoon: Just give me ten of everything then wheel me to the emergency room in true American fashion.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Holy poo poo what the hell thread do you think this is

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Data Graham posted:

:patriot: Defending the homeland from foodslander?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
^^^

:911:

Data Graham posted:

Sorry, I get heated when know-nothings try to tell me my business. Here you go:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Baja California

Cajun

Carolina Barbeque

Chicago Pizza

Creole

Kansas Barbeque

New England

Maine Lobster Country

Pacific Northwest

Napa Valley

Texas Barbeque

Florida Carribean

Sonoran New Mexican

I'm not convinced.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

I'm not convinced.

Some people just don't like good food, and that's ok. Some people are also retarded, and that's also ok. You're doing your best, I'm sure.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

steinrokkan posted:

I'm not convinced.

i think you keep ordering strange orange poo poo at the wrong venues friend, your retardation might actually not be ironic.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Now there are blue Doritos. Except they look green to me...

Tiggum posted:

I tried some of these Guardians of the Galaxy "super nova" Doritos. For some reason they're green.

Very green. With bits of stuff on them.

But despite appearances they actually taste pretty good. They're lime and pepper flavour, and I'd eat them again.
And the ones I bought cost exactly the same as every other variety of Doritos, including plain.

Data Graham posted:

As a colorblind person this article is very confusing. The chips and her tongue both look extremely green to me, and the only blue thing is the bag.
They're definitely green, and I can't see anything on the packaging that indicates they're supposed to be blue.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Calm yourself, this is the thread for goons to hilariously overreact to banal food and drink and pretend like we have standards. Nobody is disputing America's Good Food, we're busying ourselves with describing our eagerness for horrific poo poo like spaghetti donuts while turning our noses up at the latest mountain dew.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

No pizza rules and everything, but maybe we can put a stop to the Chicago eggless quiche besmirching the pizza name?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Flipperwaldt posted:

No pizza rules and everything, but maybe we can put a stop to the Chicago eggless quiche besmirching the pizza name?

Not until you try it.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Chicago pizza is cool and good, Pizza Hitler.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

that's not a loving chicago pizza, this is a chicago pizza

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Geez guys, I come in here to look at terrible food to stave off my hunger. Now I'm practically starving and it's still an hour before lunch.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Cakefarts Carol posted:

Calm yourself, this is the thread for goons to hilariously overreact to banal food and drink and pretend like we have standards. Nobody is disputing America's Good Food, we're busying ourselves with describing our eagerness for horrific poo poo like spaghetti donuts while turning our noses up at the latest mountain dew.

A number of people were disputing it actually. It's all good my dude, I just do it for a living and it's super hard to constantly overcome the foreign perception of "American food".

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Sadly though like 90% of America will go years and years between having great meals like the ones pictured in that post.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
lol the honor of the great ranch dressing nation has been sullied on this day

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Basebf555 posted:

Sadly though like 90% of America will go years and years between having great meals like the ones pictured in that post.

That's the god damned truth. And the real poo poo of it is, none of that stuff is considered fine dining, it's just not from chain restaurants that pack chemicals and salt into styrofoam and market it as "happiness" to children who chant MCDONALDS in the backseat of their parent's midsize sedan.

It's getting better though. Our food culture is rapidly advancing.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Efexeye posted:

that's not a loving chicago pizza, this is a chicago pizza

I was all set yesterday to make a snarky post about how you can't get a real Chicago style pizza (not "deep dish", and not Uno style like MS's photo) in New York. But then just to be sure I went looking and welp

And then right before lunch this post shows up. Ffffffuuuuu

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Wanna meet the FOOD DUDE

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

angerbeet posted:

Wanna meet the FOOD DUDE

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I bet GF and I could track this down...

I saw it advertised today at the McDonald's near where I work in Beijing. I just thought "you do you, China" and kept on walking.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

That's the god damned truth. And the real poo poo of it is, none of that stuff is considered fine dining, it's just not from chain restaurants that pack chemicals and salt into styrofoam and market it as "happiness" to children who chant MCDONALDS in the backseat of their parent's midsize sedan.

It's getting better though. Our food culture is rapidly advancing.

Yea time and kids are probably problems 1a and 1b. Working families don't have many opportunities to sit down at a restaurant(regardless of price) for several hours at time, and when they do they want it to be a place where the kids won't bitch and moan about not being able to get chicken fingers and French fries or whatever. If going to Chili's will keep the kids quiet then gently caress it we're going to Chili's.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

lol the honor of the great ranch dressing nation has been sullied on this day

And non-US goons have gone on pretty regularly that the US is far from the worst offender on the ranch front.

Zero for two, SR.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

stereobreadsticks posted:

I saw it advertised today at the McDonald's near where I work in Beijing. I just thought "you do you, China" and kept on walking.

Thanks for nothing, stereobreadDICKS

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:margeball:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Looks like a taco pizza?

Would.