Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I don't think it's really so much we need less Jerry, it's that the "Beth and Jerry might get divorced!" subplot has pretty much run its course. It's a theme in literally about half of all the episodes so far.
Really, allowing them to separate opens up a lot of new potential. You'd get things like: Jerry trying to be the "cool" parent [and obviously failing miserably.] Jerry/Beth trying to date new people. Maybe Morty is spending the weekend with Jerry, so Rick has to go on an adventure with Beth/Summer. Jerry trying dumb things to get Beth back, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Was pretty stoked when the Council of Ricks got involved because my pet theory was that the CoR were gonna bust C-137 outta space prison, which turned out to be partially true.
:lol: "jazz cigarette"

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It would be really interesting to see Beth's reaction to the fact that not only is her real father dead, this iteration of Rick bailed on (presumably) his Beth and left her to a world of monsters.

I think the realization of that could drive her back to Jerry.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

bull3964 posted:

It would be really interesting to see Beth's reaction to the fact that not only is her real father dead, this iteration of Rick bailed on (presumably) his Beth and left her to a world of monsters.

It's a shame that Cronenberg Rick and Cronenberg Morty couldn't hook up with the rest of the family.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

bull3964 posted:

She too broken to figure out poo poo like that. She's just a bundle of daddy issues that can never be quenched because rick is awful. Another beth being abandoned by rick would just make her hold onto this one tighter, she has to be better than that beth or she'll lose him again.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

prefect posted:

It's a shame that Cronenberg Rick and Cronenberg Morty couldn't hook up with the rest of the family.

What do you think they were eating?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cardboard Box posted:

it's gonna be like when they brought back surge and everyone realized it wasn't actually that good

From what I've heard it's actually just plum sauce, which I've also never had but is a lot easier to get.

Everyone who wants to try this sauce go get some plum sauce and let me know what it's like.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Apr 4, 2017

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

From what I'very hear it's actually just plum sauce, which I've also never had but is a lot easier to get.

Everyone who wants to try this sauce go get some plum sauce and let me know what it's like.

I've read that the special flavor in Dr Pepper is plum. You could boil some of that down to make it thicker, and dip nuggets in that.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Guys guys guys I've just watched the Milan sauce tie-in gong commercial for the fifty seventh time and I figured out what was bothering me. Now the cool kid says you can get the McNuggets in six or twenty. Never in ten. How many does Rick order? He orders ten. Now here's where it gets interesting. Look at gong boy. He's hitting the gong at random. Or is he? Why does Rick order ten when clearly you couldn't order that particular number of McNuggets? Why does he remember being able to get ten? We're dealing with a time loop here. In the "current" timeline, the one we remember, you can get twenty nuggets (note that the price per nugget doesn't change compared to just getting six. No discount for bulk when it comes to Mulan Szechuan sauce!) Rick went back. He changed the past. But there's a price. Look at gong boy again. He's hitting the gong in some kind of code. But I can't crack the code! What's he trying to tell us?

McGong Boy
MGon By
MonBy
Morty
Morty
Morty

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Goons gotta remember what's important in life;

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Anyone notice the Harmon's new end screen? Cause wow... brutal.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Skippy McPants posted:

Anyone notice the Harmon's new end screen? Cause wow... brutal.

Still out of date, since Fiv the cat is now dead. :(

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

He was sitting happy next to a lady before right? Is this some post-divorce cry for help?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

He was sitting happy next to a lady before right? Is this some post-divorce cry for help?

Yeah, this was the old one,

Harmon is known to be a pretty depressed guy, and well, divorce rarely improves one's mood.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I thought he was married to the girl from Harmonquest

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Goons gotta remember what's important in life;

DON'T FORGET

YOU'RE SAUCE

FOREVER

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

parallelodad posted:

He sure was :v:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ouch.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

parallelodad posted:

Yeah, that relationship was going to last.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

parallelodad posted:

I'll be glad to have less Jerry if that's the case. Something about the character just doesn't work.

jerry trying, failing, sometimes winning is like one of the best parts of the show

a chain of jerrys shaking each others hands man

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

parallelodad posted:

They were mid divorce during the filming of that show

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I went back to watch the Evil Rick (Morty) episode and noticed that they said something about the central finite curve. I don't know what that is but I imagine that there are still plenty of Ricks out there, probably other councils that could show up for a good 22 minutes worth of plot.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

parallelodad posted:

He divorced and is now dating someone who shares my name so it's weird every time he mentions her.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So,I haven't the premiere yet,but chatter in the Samurai Jack thread indicates that the show's apparently dropped in quality:

Wild Horses posted:

Rick and morty sure dipped in quality though. And this moronic april fools stuff is just making me dislike it more

Wild Horses posted:

That show is the epitome of "trying too hard"
Its apparently what we deserve

Is there any truth to this,or is it just butthurt whining?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Yeah that poster just sucks, it was great

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

The episode was great, we're just pissed that the new episode of Samurai Jack was pushed back a week for an April Fools joke.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

The episode was great, we're just pissed that the new episode of Samurai Jack was pushed back a week for an April Fools joke.

in my day adult swim played fart noises over premiers on April 1st and then made you wait a week to see it unaltered AND WE LIKED IT THAT WAY GOTDANGIT :stat:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

TheFattestPat posted:

I went back to watch the Evil Rick (Morty) episode and noticed that they said something about the central finite curve. I don't know what that is but I imagine that there are still plenty of Ricks out there, probably other councils that could show up for a good 22 minutes worth of plot.

The central finite curve is something we've long discussed to death, and is basically a throwaway joke that explains how you can have finite ricks in an infinite multiverse.

The problem though is that the whole concept of the central finite curve is the opposite. There aren't still plenty of ricks out there. The other universes either have no rick or rick died or rick never became a scientist or something.

But theorycrafting poo poo like this about a comedy cartoon is kinda stupid. They're gonna do whatever's funny, and they'll come up with whatever plot contrivances are necessary for that. If they want more Ricks, boom, there's more Ricks. If they want no more Ricks, then no more Ricks. Its silly to argue otherwise.

Other councils sounds extremely contrary to the whole idea of "central finite curve" though. I think you're completely misunderstanding what that's supposed to mean.

VolticSurge posted:

So,I haven't the premiere yet,but chatter in the Samurai Jack thread indicates that the show's apparently dropped in quality:

Do you really have to ask?

Just go watch it doofus, its on youtube. Its good.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

in my day adult swim played fart noises over premiers on April 1st and then made you wait a week to see it unaltered AND WE LIKED IT THAT WAY GOTDANGIT :stat:

I was slightly disappointed that they didn't do this to the rick and morty episode.

"Here's a sneak peak of a new episode!" But nobody can tell what the plot is because its all farting. :cheeky:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Slightly Absurd posted:

I don't think it's really so much we need less Jerry, it's that the "Beth and Jerry might get divorced!" subplot has pretty much run its course. It's a theme in literally about half of all the episodes so far.
Really, allowing them to separate opens up a lot of new potential. You'd get things like: Jerry trying to be the "cool" parent [and obviously failing miserably.] Jerry/Beth trying to date new people. Maybe Morty is spending the weekend with Jerry, so Rick has to go on an adventure with Beth/Summer. Jerry trying dumb things to get Beth back, etc.

I still bet this Jerry fucks up and fucks up and either gets killed or goes totally unhinged, then we find out he's the wrong Jerry from Morty Night Run.

So that Jerry comes back and assumes he's still married..

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I hope we still see Jerry some. I like him, mostly I think because Parnell's voice is now burned into my head as the quintessential loser thanks to R&M and Archer.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

One of the best april fools things they did was showing the aqua teen hunger force movie in a screen the size of a postage stamp.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

VolticSurge posted:

The episode was both very good and very dumb

It's great, go watch it

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

VolticSurge posted:

I know of a way you can find out and it'll only take 20 minutes of your time.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

VolticSurge posted:

There's been probably a dozen pages of talk about it between the end of the old thread and this thread, I think I saw maybe one negative comment about it?

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
Did Jerry actually rat out Rick, or is Rick just happy to let everyone think that?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Mukip posted:

Did Jerry actually rat out Rick, or is Rick just happy to let everyone think that?

He was going too when they were on tiny planet which is what caused Rick to turn himself in (pretending to be Jerry).

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Mukip posted:

IIRC Jerry tried to sell his family on the idea, which Rick overheard, spurring him to turn himself in (while pretending to be Jerry, who incidentally loves licking big hairy sweaty ballsacks).

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

VolticSurge posted:

eh listen, i might've said it as a spur of the moment thing, but i really feel rick and morty was the strongest in the first season, and steadily been growing weaker.
might just be i don't like the direction the series is taking and that's fine, i dunno, not taking anything away from you people.

if this episode was a setup for something nice in the future i'd be happy but just as often the creators seem to like to take a big dump on you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

SatansOnion posted:

IIRC Jerry tried to sell his family on the idea, which Rick overheard, spurring him to turn himself in (while pretending to be Jerry, who incidentally loves licking big hairy sweaty ballsacks).

This probably also explains the "plot hole" about why jerry got so many promotions and what his job was