Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Pinterest Mom posted:

this was always a vote about infinitum being a terrible player and not a "hilarious turbo"

It was a little from column a and a little from column b for me tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

:shrug:

he should and can be immediately voted out

So do you and Ecco just bring old grudges with you to every game you play in, instead of actually playing the game? :nyoron:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Me personally? I just enjoy playing the game

Cause it's a game to be played for shits and giggles

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

New game

Fresh slate

Yessiree bob

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

New game

Fresh slate

Yessiree bob

But what about that bullshit you did 7 games ago?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

But what about that bullshit you did 7 games ago?

WELL FIRST OF ALL FUCKO YOU ARE A BAD AND TERRIBLE POSTER AND I DON'T LIKE YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That is legit the basis of this whole dumb argument

So can we move on and play a game now and have some fun?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Infinitum posted:

That is legit the basis of this whole dumb argument

So can we move on and play a game now and have some fun?

NO! THIS IS THE MARY CELESTE. WE DO NOT HAVE FUN, WE DRINK CELESTE SODA AND HAVE A MARY TIME>.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How about dat Captain's Wife, eh lads?

phwoooorrrr

Wouldn't mind giving her a tidy little Mary Celeste.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
please vote for infinitum everybody. that is all I have to say today, see you all tomorrow :toot:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Man I don't actually mind Infi.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You're a dog tho, you like everyone.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

META IS the WORST. You should NOT VOTE for META-REASONS.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Mr. F! posted:

META IS the WORST. You should NOT VOTE for META-REASONS.

Dammit I messed up my capitalization scheme. Pretend "you should" are also all capitalized.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Infinitum posted:

You're a dog tho, you like everyone.

*Purrs*

(Haha yes I am a dog and not a cat haha yes.)

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Turbo Keane scum

It is known

##pet CCK

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

zzyzx posted:

##pet CCK

MODS, MODS??? / / / / . .. . .l .

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Polite reminder - please don't fake day actions. Thank you!

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I see nothing in the OP says I can't pet dogs.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You could always try to Mary Celeste the Dog

He's probably into it

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

:lol:

FWIW though, I do feel this Infi turbo is kinda scrumby. Ecco has out of games reasons to policy lynch Inf, but would Ecco bring that into a maf game? I dunno, I need to read this game over a but but I'm at work. Will be home in a few hours (plus I have two other games going, is there a Mafia addicts support group somewhere?)

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Since D1 turbos are a Bad Idea, let me change the subject and elicit some content:

Since flavor is important in this game, do people have any preconceived alignment opinions about any of the characters?

I'll put it out there that I don't trust the people that weren't part of the original departure roster. This is primarily CCK, Fisk, and Moat, and to a lesser extent the shipwrecked people.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Slamburger posted:

Since D1 turbos are a Bad Idea, let me change the subject and elicit some content:

Since flavor is important in this game, do people have any preconceived alignment opinions about any of the characters?

I'll put it out there that I don't trust the people that weren't part of the original departure roster. This is primarily CCK, Fisk, and Moat, and to a lesser extent the shipwrecked people.

Arf arf.

(I have no hands.)

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

*Purrs*

(Haha yes I am a dog and not a cat haha yes.)

Ha ha look at this dog trying to be as good as me, the superior animal.

Slamburger posted:

I don't think that Pod would have baked alignment into the flavor, but that's just me. I think that the scum are probably spread out over the game, with at least one in our original crew.

If I'm to be suspicious of anyone as far as flavor goes, though, the captain stopped the cook from serving fish every night. As the ship's cat, this is beyond the pale and cannot be countenanced.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Second Mate's Log, Day 5
++++++++++++++++++++

It has now been five days that I have been on this boat, although I am beginning to suspect that my concept of a "day" is quite different from those on the rest of the ship. For some reason everyone is calling this "Day 1," even though I'm relatively positive that this crew has actually been sailing for months on end. If it was "Day 1" as this crew claims it is, then how did they find a shipwrecked crew so quickly? It just doesn't add up.

In the meantime, I have made a troubling discovery, something I had not taken into account before my departure from the wizard's tower: several of my spells have stopped working altogether! Just this morning I attempted to cast a Sweeping Spell, but instead of dancing around and getting to work, my broom simply sat in my hand looking useless. I briefly considered snapping it in half, in the hopes that it would create two autonomous brooms, but in truth I lack the strength in this middle-aged body of mine. And in the afternoon my patented Turn Fish Into Steak Cant fell on deaf fish ears. I would settle for a Tarter Sauce Summoning spell at this point, but alas. I can only hope the cook, EccoRaven, has been saving some for a rainy night.

Quite a lot of attention has been focused on the shipwrecked man, but I instead find my gaze drawn irresistibly toward the attractive shipwrecked woman, Somberbrero. That name...! And that voice...! It has been so long since I was in a body younger than thousands of years old, and even at whatever passes for middle-aged in this time I feel quite a bit more vigorous than usual. It reminds me of a time in my youth, in far antiquity, when I was tasked with rescuing a fine maiden in distress from a dragon's tower. I climbed up the tower, stone by stone, brick by brick, and eventually scale by scale, until I realized I was climbing up a dragon. Thankfully the dragon was sleeping, or I never would have gotten away with what I did next. Upon reaching the top of the tower (or was it a dragon?) I retrieved the fair maiden from her cell (which looked conspicuously like a dragon's earhole) and on mad impulse formulated an escape strategy. I put my hand around the maiden and we jumped atop the dragon's back, sliding down its smooth plated tail. I was glad to wear pants that day, or my backside surely would have been burned by those sun-cooked scales.

I must cease writing. It appears Slamburger is gesturing at me to adjust something on that tall horizontal wooden pillar thing. I really should find a way to learn what that one's called. Maybe the cat dressed up as a dog might know?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Flying Leatherman posted:

##vote 100 tbh this is the worst vote so far on this thing

I'm trying to decide whether Ecco pushing the turbo is purely out of game events motivated or whether it's an alignment tell and am leaning towards out of game events

I feel it's the latter as well, Pmom's case corroborates that, though it's a sort of meta thing.

Infinitum posted:

As FL states 100yrs not having an actual opinion is bad tho when it's well past ha-ha-joke-turbo land

My opinion on turboing you? It's not in my nature to do such a thing, but I want to take myself less seriously when playing this game, I think I'll stress less and not burn out. It seems like a fun thing to do just throwing chance to the wind.

Infinitum posted:

Me personally? I just enjoy playing the game

Cause it's a game to be played for shits and giggles

This is how I'm going into this. You can bet your boots though that I'll give you a free pass in another game someday since I can't help but be motivated by past events.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Flying Leatherman posted:

I don't think that Pod would have baked alignment into the flavor, but that's just me. I think that the scum are probably spread out over the game, with at least one in our original crew.

If I'm to be suspicious of anyone as far as flavor goes, though, the captain stopped the cook from serving fish every night. As the ship's cat, this is beyond the pale and cannot be countenanced.

I haven't played a Podima game before, I think (I'm not going to bother to check). But because he insisted on the fact that the flavor was important then I do in fact think that flavor can reveal alignment. That said I don't think it's as simple as crew vs. outsiders or anything as black and white as that, it's definitely scatter shot, but probably coherent to the story.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

please vote for infinitum everybody. that is all I have to say today, see you all tomorrow :toot:

Don't just go, you can also discuss other things and other people.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Slamburger posted:

its rly obvious that youre going to be overthrow me and take captaincy of the ship so i will destroy you after i destroy infinitum

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I haven't played a Podima game before, I think (I'm not going to bother to check). But because he insisted on the fact that the flavor was important then I do in fact think that flavor can reveal alignment. That said I don't think it's as simple as crew vs. outsiders or anything as black and white as that, it's definitely scatter shot, but probably coherent to the story.

Yeah that wouldn't make sense considering we all know each others characters

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Yeah that wouldn't make sense considering we all know each others characters

Yeah, I'm right? Or yeah, no I'm wrong?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

imo slamburger, as the player who began the flavour discussion, should claim the motivations of his character and how he is a scum

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

got some chores tonight posted:

imo slamburger, as the player who began the flavour discussion, should claim the motivations of his character and how he is a scum

You want me to scumclaim? I don't get it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Slamburger posted:

*Pants*

(This an incredible post)

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Is there ninja:(I need to edit my posts before posting) a way scumclaim could be a viable tactic? It seems like such an extraordinary thing to do.

You know who's reading the game but not saying much? zzyzx. What're your thoughts on everything but fake dayactions?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Slamburger posted:

i challenge you to post the town win con

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Yeah, I'm right? Or yeah, no I'm wrong?

Yeah you're right

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
i don't bear ill will for inf but what's the worst that could happen

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

i don't bear ill will for inf but what's the worst that could happen

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A nuclear bomb gets dropped on 50 us cities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Mr. F! posted:

A nuclear bomb gets dropped on 50 us cities.

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Locked thread