Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
The only time I actually got sick from a pizza was when our soccer coach took the team to cici's pizza before a game and some of us had the "taco pizza". Everyone who had it got sick and we almost had to forfeit the game because people couldn't stop needing to go to the bathroom.

Never trust food that you can eat unlimited amounts of it for like 5 dollars including a drink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i eat junk food in the cool way, which is to do it and then go on the internet to brag about how i could feel it immediately cause all my internal organs to shut down and i blacked out for 5 hours on the spot like a healthy human being

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The only time I actually got sick from a pizza was when our soccer coach took the team to cici's pizza before a game and some of us had the "taco pizza". Everyone who had it got sick and we almost had to forfeit the game because people couldn't stop needing to go to the bathroom.

Never trust food that you can eat unlimited amounts of it for like 5 dollars including a drink.

Oh lord.

I've never been in one, but every time I see an ad for Cici's I recoil a little. It's like, drat, they made Chuck E. Cheese look upscale.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

yeah I eat rear end posted:

This is exactly the sort of poo poo I'm talking about. Why spend $25 on a very good, well made pizza with interesting flavors:

when you can spend $25 on UNLIMITED PIZZA AND SUGAR JUICE for your 4 screaming poo poo factories?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Data Graham posted:

Oh lord.

I've never been in one, but every time I see an ad for Cici's I recoil a little. It's like, drat, they made Chuck E. Cheese look upscale.

CiCi's great. I once stopped there on a road trip with some buddies, got sick twenty minutes after leaving, and ended up hurling it all out. On the upside, I was serenely empty afterward due to how thoroughly my stomach cleared it out.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Non-Hunan style chinese food isnt spicy and Hujiao are numbing peppers and actively make it harder to taste your meal as it goes on. Shanghai and Taiwan slather sugar on meat and its just foul, and for some reason North Asia believes red beans smothered in sugar are a desert item. If you go to some smaller towns in more rural areas you can find truly dire food choices such as small farming communities outside of Wuhan decided that what meat needed was artificial bitterness as though you burned it through.

No pictures but the worst meal Ive ever been served was bone-in snake because it was like eating shoe leather that you had to pick through for hours to avoid bones.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Barudak posted:

Non-Hunan style chinese food isnt spicy and Hujiao are numbing peppers and actively make it harder to taste your meal as it goes on. Shanghai and Taiwan slather sugar on meat and its just foul, and for some reason North Asia believes red beans smothered in sugar are a desert item. If you go to some smaller towns in more rural areas you can find truly dire food choices such as small farming communities outside of Wuhan decided that what meat needed was artificial bitterness as though you burned it through.

No pictures but the worst meal Ive ever been served was bone-in snake because it was like eating shoe leather that you had to pick through for hours to avoid bones.

I thought with snake you were supposed to crunch the bones.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CommonShore posted:

I thought with snake you were supposed to crunch the bones.

It was a snake intended to serve 6.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Barudak posted:

It was a snake intended to serve 6.

Ugh I'm imagining that scene in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. :barf:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Millennial Sexlord posted:

This is exactly the sort of poo poo I'm talking about. Why spend $25 on a very good, well made pizza with interesting flavors:

- white sauce strongly resembles human ejaculate
- cedar branch leavings are not a garnish
- white mold on crust

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Seriously gently caress you guys for posting good food in this thread. I'm so hungry :smith:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

The things you can do with the simple egg is limitless.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
that looks more like cheap knockoff fake amber jewelry and less like something you'd put into your body for energy

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Data Graham posted:

As a colorblind person this article is very confusing. The chips and her tongue both look extremely green to me, and the only blue thing is the bag.

Not an expert but they don't look like papa smurf's anything to me.

Same here too.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Barudak posted:

Then they certainly hosed something up. We used to barbecue/grill rattlesnakes when I lived in California and they were quite delicious.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Time for a new edition of crap corporate recipes.

First up are Southern Caramelized Vidalia Onions

quote:

This recipe was submitted by Rod Rives of Birmingham, Alabama. "For years my family has made these delicious onions and they work as a garnish or topping for many other delicious dishes (even pasta) and at holiday events. Some ideas: The onions can be eaten by themselves, served on steak, or mixed into mashed potatoes. Pour the leftover liquid on rice."

The recipe calls for three ingredients:
1 liter Coca-Cola
2.5 Vidalia Onions
2 tsp liquid steak seasoning

Prepared by mixing the ingredients together in a dish and microwaving it for 30 minutes.

http://www.coca-colacompany.com/stories/food/2012/recipes-southern-caramelized-vidalias

Now for something embarrassingly lazy. The "Queso World Tour" courtesy of FritoLays.

quote:

Go global with these delicious dips fit for a crowd. Better warn your friends, though; the yum-o-meter is off the charts! ‪#‎nomnom‬‬‬

So, let's start with the Ingredients. No units, by the way:

quote:

1. TOSTITOS® Queso Blanco Dip
2. Hummus
3. Green Curry
4. Indian Curry
5. Pesto

Wow. I can already tell this is going to be a tour de force of international cuisine.

quote:

Instructions
1. In one bowl, mix Hummus with queso
2. In second bowl, mix Indian Curry with queso
3. In third bowl, pour pesto on top of queso
4. Serve and enjoy!

That's it. Mix the pre-made dip in three batches with one of the other ingredients, to create exotic global dips. However, the recipe was supposed to create four dips. They half assed it so bad that they forgot to do anything with the green curry.

http://www.fritolay.com/recipes/recipe-detail/queso-world-tour

#nomnom

Tiberius Thyben has a new favorite as of 21:11 on Apr 4, 2017

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

I tried this yesterday hoping that it would be disgusting so that I could write a review of it for this thread, but I was disappointed to learn that it actually tasted pretty good. It even looked more or less as advertised, so not even the pictures are interesting. The only annoying thing was that grease leaked out of the hole at the bottom and made my hands messy.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Tiberius Thyben posted:

The recipy calls for three ingredients:
1 liter Coca-Cola
2.5 Vidalia Onions
2 tsp liquid steak seasoning

Prepared by mixing the ingredients together in a dish and microwaving it for 30 minutes.

http://www.coca-colacompany.com/stories/food/2012/recipes-southern-caramelized-vidalias

Now for something embarrassingly lazy. The "Queso World Tour" courtesy of FritoLays.

So, let's start with the Ingredients. No units, by the way:

Wow. I can already tell this is going to be a tour de force of international cuisine.

That's it. Mix the pre-made dip in three batches with one of the other ingredients, to create exotic global dips. However, the recipe was supposed to create four dips. They half assed it so bad that they forgot to do anything with the green curry.

http://www.fritolay.com/recipes/recipe-detail/queso-world-tour

#nomnom

my poor yum o meter

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

twoday posted:

The only annoying thing was that grease leaked out of the hole at the bottom and made my hands messy.

:getin:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAi96LqnDlE

You want some soy sauce with your sushi? How about a ton of hot cheese? No? Well gently caress you, here you go, ENJOY

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

twoday posted:

You want some soy sauce with your sushi? How about a ton of hot cheese? No? Well gently caress you, here you go, ENJOY

Holy poo poo I can't even get past the thumbnail.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

twoday posted:

ghaa

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Mother of God, Wilson! The Yum-o-Meter is off the charts!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
This baby is powered with 100% pure sushi cheese. Ahhh, listen to her yum.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Also, is it yum-ah-miter, or yum-oh-meater?

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

twoday posted:

I dont know who INSIDER is, but every single video of theirs that I have seen is loving stupid.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

angerbeet posted:

Also if it's Korean it's just got a buttload of sugar in it anway

Sugar and chilli and it's rarely just purely sweet, I can't pick up discernible sweetness in the Korean I've had (tbh Korean is probably one of my top two foods at the moment)

Also this place I live near does "gangnam fries" - loaded fries with kimchi, nacho cheese, Korean style chip salt (salt, fried onion, chilli powder) and some aonori. loving delicious

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

McSpergin posted:

"gangnam fries" - loaded fries with kimchi, nacho cheese, Korean style chip salt (salt, fried onion, chilli powder) and some aonori. loving delicious

yes please

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Why would you do this to us Coke. Why would anyone ruin onions like that. Microwaved for 30 minutes? :barf:

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Manuel Calavera posted:

Why would you do this to us Coke. Why would anyone ruin onions like that. Microwaved for 30 minutes? :barf:

Don't forget to pour the leftover liquid on rice!

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

teen witch posted:

The things you can do with the simple egg is limitless.

what the gently caress is clarified tomato juice

testicleggs

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

The Snoo posted:

what the gently caress is clarified tomato juice

testicleggs

The watery stuff that comes out of the ketchup bottle.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Millennial Sexlord posted:

Also, is it yum-ah-miter, or yum-oh-meater?

Yes.
The former is the instrument, the latter the unit of measurement.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Panfilo posted:

The watery stuff that comes out of the ketchup bottle.

sadly this makes sense

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ghee

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
The real answer isn't appreciably better

http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/06/how-to-make-tomato-water-slideshow.html

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
OK but, like, cherry coke is a really really good thing for marinating meat, especially chicken and pulled pork. And if you make a reduction coke makes an excellent glaze or base for teriyaki. I've had a few pulled porks made with cherry coke that were extremely tasty as well so I'm not going to 100% discount those onions without tasting them first, but it seems like you could do a better job frying your own onions in a wok and then tossing them in a coca cola teriyaki glaze/sauce.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tomato water is delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Barudak posted:

Non-Hunan style chinese food isnt spicy and Hujiao are numbing peppers and actively make it harder to taste your meal as it goes on.

Hujiao are loving rad fite me

twoday posted:

I tried this yesterday hoping that it would be disgusting so that I could write a review of it for this thread, but I was disappointed to learn that it actually tasted pretty good. It even looked more or less as advertised, so not even the pictures are interesting. The only annoying thing was that grease leaked out of the hole at the bottom and made my hands messy.

Would off the floor like a Jewish drunk David Hasselhoff.