Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Cage posted:

Well I meant the "9B659" that he linked was the air intake hose for a 2012 V6, but the same part number "9B659" is the air intake hose for my 2004 V8 but the physical parts are differently shaped

Im assuming the first part of the part number signifies the car generation, like XL2Z-9B659-AAA vs 7S4Z-9B659-A.

Usually (on old stuff, anyway) the first part of the part number will tell you the year and application, the middle part is the kind of thing, and the last part is revision. For instance, a B7TF-9510-A is a carburetor for a 1957 truck. I'm not sure if that's a real part number, because I don't remember if they changed the carburetor in 1957 with the new body style or if it's the same as the earlier Y-block trucks, but you get the idea.

Here's a helpful page that I just used to fact-check myself: http://www.carburetion.com/fordnumber.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I love when things make sense! I know the MAF is the same as some F150s and crown vics so maybe I can just find one in a junkyard.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Cage posted:

I love when things make sense! I know the MAF is the same as some F150s and crown vics so maybe I can just find one in a junkyard.

Looking at the compatibility for a 2000 here: http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...mpatibilityTab_

It looks like it comes from ALOT of other cars.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

RFC2324 posted:

Looking at the compatibility for a 2000 here: http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...mpatibilityTab_

It looks like it comes from ALOT of other cars.
Well actually I dont need the maf I was just saying if they use the same sensor then it probably uses the same intake hose. I just need the oem intake hose.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Cage posted:

Well actually I dont need the maf I was just saying if they use the same sensor then it probably uses the same intake hose. I just need the oem intake hose.

I just happened to have that page up because I am trying to diagnose a problem that may be with my MAF, lol.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
You can drive with your K&N air filter not being cleaned or re-oiled for like 50,000 miles.

take it off, hose it down, let it dry, spray a little oil on it, let it dry a little bit, put it in the car.
as long as your not submerging your filter in a vat of oil, i dont think a little spray is gonna harm it.

if you think you have too much oil on it, hook it up to an exhaust on a shop vac and blow all the oil off it , into a rag.
or use a compressor.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

kalvick posted:

You can drive with your K&N air filter not being cleaned or re-oiled for like 50,000 miles.

Really? I was starting to feel bad for only cleaning/oiling mine once in 19,000 miles.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

Mental Hospitality posted:

Really? I was starting to feel bad for only cleaning/oiling mine once in 19,000 miles.

I would say the interval depends on driving conditions, clean roads = longer interval, dirty roads = shorter interval. I try to do every 10,000 miles because I drive down 8+ miles of dirt road every day.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I am a loving retarded careless idiot. How much do you suppose this will cost to mend?

http://i.imgur.com/MRdJkMR.jpg

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Fender flares and really wide tires imo.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

PT6A posted:

I am a loving retarded careless idiot. How much do you suppose this will cost to mend?

Always difficult to tell from one photo but that doesn't look tooooooo bad. Will need paintless dent removal on the dings and the scratches might polish out. If not then yeah just pop rivet some arch flares and put wider tyres on :perfect:

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

PT6A posted:

it will probabbly be better / look nicer to take it off and reskin that panel with a new one.

or larger tires and fender flairs will fix that up!

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I did a thing. Mind the dirt, cleaning won't happen for another week or two.

Before

Some junk I removed

After

RTR upper and bottom delete. Look at that big :D . I'll get some better pics after shes all cleaned up

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Looking at the usual websites you guys get a LOT of options for grills. Im jealous, and that one looks good!

My bad terrible idea for today is that now you should mount up some sweet lights behind the grille.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
RTR sells leds that you can put in that grille but it's tacky as hell.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I meant more along the lines of some fog lights, like these:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
That looks cool on 2011-2014 or whatever mustang fronts, I wonder what an s550 would look like.

AeroCmdr
Aug 28, 2008

Come on you apes,
you wanna live forever?
Looking real good!

(Fake edit) How did you do the red outline on your front splitter? I've been wanting to do something similar on my EB for a little while now!

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
It's just 3m pinstriping tape. I'm actually going to pull it all off and redo it after I clean the car up. It's real cheap and takes like 5 minutes to do.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
My baby might be seriously messed up. Driving home today I was in 4th gear around 4k (it sounds good shut up, it was only for 10-15 seconds while accelerating) when the car started to lose most power (throttle only seemed to let me keep speed, not gain) and the engine got louder. I was able to coast to the shoulder, checked the oil (fine) and then limped it as slow as possible to my home. (1/3 mile away)

When I start it the engine will vibrate the whole car, the exhaust sounds different, less consistent and I almost think something smells different, at first it will sound like it might stall but it will idle fine after. The ticking gets louder with throttle. First thought was misfire so I unplugged my cops one by one with engine running with my brother around we found that only one didn't change the idle when unplugged, so I picked a new one up but it didn't seem to make a difference.

Cage fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 4, 2017

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Loose vacuum line somewhere?

edit: sounds silly but my dad's van will run like complete garbage if a vacuum line comes loose.

Also pull your plugs and see what they look like.

GabbiLB fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Apr 4, 2017

AeroCmdr
Aug 28, 2008

Come on you apes,
you wanna live forever?

Buhbuhj posted:

It's just 3m pinstriping tape. I'm actually going to pull it all off and redo it after I clean the car up. It's real cheap and takes like 5 minutes to do.
Very cool! What width did you end up using?Definitely trying to find some nice pseudo-inexpensive ways to personalize my stock EB before I go full ham on it. Thanks man!

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I measured it this morning cause I forgot, it's quarter inch. I don't remember the exact product I bought but it looks like there's several options on amazon.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

This should be a fun weekend. Exhaust, steeda intake, shifter, and my tuner should be here Friday. I'm really really really not looking forward to the shifter install

I drive a BBW
Jun 2, 2008
Fun Shoe

Cage posted:

My baby might be seriously messed up. Driving home today I was in 4th gear around 4k (it sounds good shut up, it was only for 10-15 seconds while accelerating) when the car started to lose most power (throttle only seemed to let me keep speed, not gain) and the engine got louder. I was able to coast to the shoulder, checked the oil (fine) and then limped it as slow as possible to my home. (1/3 mile away)

When I start it the engine will vibrate the whole car, the exhaust sounds different, less consistent and I almost think something smells different, at first it will sound like it might stall but it will idle fine after. The ticking gets louder with throttle. First thought was misfire so I unplugged my cops one by one with engine running with my brother around we found that only one didn't change the idle when unplugged, so I picked a new one up but it didn't seem to make a difference.

What engine do you have?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I think he's still driving his New Edge with the 2-valve 4.6

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Correct. Im taking off work tomorrow to check the plugs, I already have all the coil plugs popped off and they look ok. And Ill check all the vacuum lines and egr valve and iac crap.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Cage posted:

Correct. Im taking off work tomorrow to check the plugs, I already have all the coil plugs popped off and they look ok. And Ill check all the vacuum lines and egr valve and iac crap.

My money is on EGR/IAC. Check those hoses along with the valves themselves.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Shouldn't a misfire cause a (flashing?) CEL? I know mine did when I lost a coil on my 98 SHO. Lost a catalytic converter too.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Mental Hospitality posted:

Shouldn't a misfire cause a (flashing?) CEL? I know mine did when I lost a coil on my 98 SHO. Lost a catalytic converter too.

This has happened on a newer Dodge I had, too. I've gotten CELs and 'limp mode' from coils and o2 sensors.

I still remember my 400 dollar Honda Accord o2 sensor, because my car had been originally built to California emissions spec or some dumb poo poo.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I brought it to a shop. :shobon:

Don't want to make anything worse and the noise scares me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq2224pzdH4

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Cage posted:

I brought it to a shop. :shobon:

Don't want to make anything worse and the noise scares me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq2224pzdH4
Sounds like you have an exhaust leak in addition to whatever else is going on.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Krakkles posted:

Sounds like you have an exhaust leak in addition to whatever else is going on.
I checked the midpipe at the headers, that thing is solid and not loose at all so I dont know where it could be coming from. But yeah it sounds exactly like one.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Manifold gaskets? Outside of the misfire, that sounds a lot like how mine sounds right now, and I'm 99% sure it's the manifold gaskets on mine.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I have that too, its a cracked exhaust manifold for me. It fixes itself after the engine has been running for about 5 minutes(heat expansion make it seal closed).

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Sounds like a nasty exhaust leak.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Small update: Misfire in cyl 3, he said the spark plug almost seemed like it was smashed/damaged. I just put them in last summer and was careful with them so I dont know what the story is there. So new spark plug and new coil fixes the vibration and hesitation. He also said both of my mufflers were blown open at a weld point. Ill be leaving work in a few hours so that I can take a look, but I'm really interested to see what happened there. I'm assuming its because of my towing mishap last year that I posted about. Still not sure how this all seemed to happen at once while driving though.

So I may need to buy new mufflers. Opinions? Right now I have cherry bombs in there (on car when purchased) and tbh they sound pretty awesome but I wouldn't mind going quieter.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I have a weird problem. Sometimes when i push the clutch in with no gas the car willspike to around 3k rpms and sit there for 10-30 seconds. This normally happens when i push the car a little (merging with traffic for instance) when it's cold, tho it's very intermittent.

The only clues i have are a code reporting a mismatch between the tps and the maf sensor, and i just noticed that if i push the throttle in the engine bay it makes a couple clunks on the way back.

Any one have any ideas beyond replacing the tps?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Cage posted:

Small update: Misfire in cyl 3, he said the spark plug almost seemed like it was smashed/damaged. I just put them in last summer and was careful with them so I dont know what the story is there. So new spark plug and new coil fixes the vibration and hesitation. He also said both of my mufflers were blown open at a weld point. Ill be leaving work in a few hours so that I can take a look, but I'm really interested to see what happened there. I'm assuming its because of my towing mishap last year that I posted about. Still not sure how this all seemed to happen at once while driving though.

So I may need to buy new mufflers. Opinions? Right now I have cherry bombs in there (on car when purchased) and tbh they sound pretty awesome but I wouldn't mind going quieter.
I've been really happy with my Magnaflows - quiet when cruising around, minimal/no drone, sounds like a powerboat when you hammer down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Cage posted:

I feel like you just did your exhaust didnt you go back and fourth from rock auto or something with it?

if you have an H pipe (i think you do) you want to get chambered mufflers. something like flowmaster 40's. the more chambers the quieter it is.
if you have an X pipe you want open mufflers like magnaflow magnapacks