Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

##vote slasher hawke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Mr. F! posted:

##vote slasher hawke

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I can go on

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i notice that inf is still alive.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
the flavor discussion is silly and a little scummy. obviously pod isn't going to let us determine who is scum just by who has what flavor.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Somberbrero posted:

the flavor discussion is silly and a little scummy. obviously pod isn't going to let us determine who is scum just by who has what flavor.

Ruff, ruff, meow

(I agree entirely, especially since the character everybody is playing is so open)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

*shrugs, writes "mast" in some spilled flour, whines until Ninth walks by*

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
if you're one of the eleven people not voting infinitum, can you explain why? i'm not saying that it's unequivocally the right choice, i'd just like to hear the explanation.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

if you're one of the eleven people not voting infinitum, can you explain why? i'm not saying that it's unequivocally the right choice, i'd just like to hear the explanation.

*flicks tail dismissively*

(I don't mind playing with Infi. If weight of the vote is against him, that's fine, but I don't really approve of eliminating somebody for reasons so far removing from alignment calls.)

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Somberbrero posted:

this guy probably is scum what flavour is he

The Shipwrecked Woman (Somberbrero) - An attractive woman found clinging to a broken spar along with two others. Claims their ship was wrecked nearby.

yeah definitely scum guaranteed we're going to dead you right after infinitum, slamburger, and then somberbrero

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i am the captain on this ship and my word is law

cross me and you shall hang

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

CCKeane posted:

*flicks tail dismissively*

(I don't mind playing with Infi. If weight of the vote is against him, that's fine, but I don't really approve of eliminating somebody for reasons so far removing from alignment calls.)

who are you wyd with Keane?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

got some chores tonight posted:

*whines*

(Chores claiming to be Huckabee's son)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Somberbrero posted:

Personally I feel like jokephaize votes that aren't discussed and that actually turn into turbos are bad. Like Keane mentioned, there's really no substantial basis behind it. I can understand if it's a personal policy thing, but I don't have a vote Infi D1 policy that I adhere to baring some outrageous scum slip or something so anti-town that it can't go unpunished.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

I explained my reasoning earlier, feel free to get at me if you have further questions after reviewing what I've already said

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm already hung

Ask your wife

phhhwwwooooooooorrrr

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Dick Bastardly posted:

Personally I feel like jokephaize votes that aren't discussed and that actually turn into turbos are bad. Like Keane mentioned, there's really no substantial basis behind it. I can understand if it's a personal policy thing, but I don't have a vote Infi D1 policy that I adhere to baring some outrageous scum slip or something so anti-town that it can't go unpunished.

can you explain WHY they are bad vote?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is this you trying to appear town by generating content via questions, without actually dropping any opinions of your own, or info of worth about yourself Somber?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Why are you so intent on murdering infinitum

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Why are you so intent on murdering infinitum

you were in mega man mafia

thanks to infinitum, your attempted vig of me was only the second most anti-town vig of the game.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

thanks to infinitum, your attempted vig of me was only the second most anti-town vig of the game.

(For people not in the game: in addition to badgering me over several game days for imaginary scum slips, Inf in that game badgered a newbie vigilante into shooting our cop. Over the claimed SK.)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

(The cop, the vig, and Inf were all town.)

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

are you telling me inf is garbage at mafia b/c im not sure id believe that!!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Somberbrero posted:

can you explain WHY they are bad vote?

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm not going to spoon feed you again. poo poo, I'm the child on this ship, SPOONFEED ME.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

drat i forgot dickbastardly was my child good thing i dont love her

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Infinitum posted:

Is this you trying to appear town by generating content via questions, without actually dropping any opinions of your own, or info of worth about yourself Somber?

are you trying to bust me on lack of content 52 hours before the day one deadline? i have no idea what point you're trying to make.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm not going to spoon feed you again. poo poo, I'm the child on this ship, SPOONFEED ME.

*dangles you over the side*

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Dick Bastardly posted:

you're not hearing me. i'll break it down when i get home.

you used to be such a sweet boy.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

some people have "reasons" they're voting Inf

some people think voting him would be fun

no two people are not on fire

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

My beloved Caleb DickBastardly,

You haven't gotten much bigger since last March -- you're only three inches taller and three pounds heavier. But those aren't the only ways in which you've been maturing.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

chapo skipped the most important line "As you grow and change, Caleb, Mama and I have to make changes in the way we treat you. For example, you have chores now."

wow i dont think im jeff jacoby i think i stole his child

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

is this how caleb ends up in ny

after getting kidnapped by captain chores

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

holy poo poo

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Somberbrero posted:

you're not hearing me. i'll break it down when i get home.

you used to be such a sweet boy.

I look forward to it.

I'M STILL SWEET drat IT. poo poo.

drat i forgot dickbastardly was my child good thing i dont love her

:unsmith:

How could you not love this face? I've been told I have your eyes.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

chapo skipped the most important line "As you grow and change, Caleb, Mama and I have to make changes in the way we treat you. For example, you have chores now."

wow i dont think im jeff jacoby i think i stole his child

:gonk:

M-M-Mommy?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Yeah that's right, I have two moms. So there.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bow meow

(I find the stalling on Inf pretty interesting. I'm wondering if scum were trying to push for momentum and found it stalling. Or if Infi is scum himself)

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

You must be an expert at stealing candy then

The only reaction around this whole infinitum thing that i am not a fan of is

EccoRaven posted:

please vote for infinitum everybody. that is all I have to say today, see you all tomorrow :toot:

Other than that im p bored of it now

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

Bow meow

(I find the stalling on Inf pretty interesting. I'm wondering if scum were trying to push for momentum and found it stalling. Or if Infi is scum himself)

the stalling is because the window for it being a turbo has ended and now well-meaning (but ultimately harmful) townies/scum pretending to be townies are saying "wait hold up we can't vote for someone unless we think they're scum!" which is a good policy to have 93% of the time but alas this is one of those 7% of the times.

the people who follow mafia rules like that aren't wrong, since, again, 93% of the time they're doing the right thing, but without room for that 7% of nuance and compromises they can't do what needs to be done.

(what needs to be done is taking out the trash before we get into the weeds of the game. if we get lost in the weeds we'll have to sift through the trash, too, and that's just gross, I don't like rummaging through garbage if I can help it and neither do you all. So let's do the needful and call it a day.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Dick Bastardly posted:

I look forward to it.

I'M STILL SWEET drat IT. poo poo.

no, now you are my spiteful son.

i'm not saying that day one discussion is never useful. town nailed scum in Over The Garden Wall day one. However, what's happening with inf is way more interesting than anything else right now. Just because the vote started as a joke/turbo whatever doesn't mean the results aren't interesting or valid. for instance

CCKeane posted:

Bow meow

yeah, absolutely. when i say i want an explanation of why people aren't voting inf, this is why. like, sure you can chill and try to drum up other discussion, but there are a lot of inferences you can draw from this aggressive voting pattern and dismissing it out of hand is no good.

• Locked thread