Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
Needed a quick meal before going out again after work -- KO Mediterranean sardines on toasted rosemary olive oil bread with cream cheese and a side of seaweed salad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I ate a can of Trader Joe's harissa dines over my sink with a toothpick. It was very good.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Oh hey! The dine thread is back!

Thank you Sheep-Goats-san~~ :allears:

Had a tin o' KO Kippers the other day on some Sprouts Baby Boule. Lil blap of Sambal on top and I'm in canned fish heaven.

naem
May 29, 2011

I made a big pot of pasta to have in my fridge for easy carbs but I'm out of dines for easier protein :cry:

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i ordered a grandma pie and put some anchovies on it

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
Long Live Dine Thread

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Male Tears posted:

Needed a quick meal before going out again after work -- KO Mediterranean sardines on toasted rosemary olive oil bread with cream cheese and a side of seaweed salad.

seaweed salad is so good

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Finally got to eat a can of Riga Gold sprats, very delicious with sambal oelek and sriracha on some thin toast. 10/10 would eat again

I can share this with you because the thread got revived, not sure why it got locked in the first place but glad it's back!

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Tochiazuma posted:

I can share this with you because the thread got revived, not sure why it got locked in the first place but glad it's back!

Sheep-Goats doesn't like the direction GBS is going and locked the thread

Also sambal + dines is always a pro pick, so I imagine the same is true for sprats :hf:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I have unlocked the thread. I don't know what 100 pages of sardine chat looks like, but here's to 100 more.

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it
Welcome back 'dine thread, may you brine on forever

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

I made toast w/ guac & dines. It feels really satiating to eat 20 animals at a time . 'dines are tiny tots

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I have unlocked the thread. I don't know what 100 pages of sardine chat looks like, but here's to 100 more.

Thank you!

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Turtle Blogger posted:

I made toast w/ guac & dines. It feels really satiating to eat 20 animals at a time . 'dines are tiny tots

why do u have 11 on one and 9 on the other??

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20170328-the-man-saved-by-a-tin-of-fish
I thought of this thread after seeing this. There was a sardine intervention that saved this guy's life. A little insensitive to start calling him the Sardine Boy after he lost his whole family in a horrifying disaster though...

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Try King Oscar's Jeffrey

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Soup du Journey posted:

I'm just a newcomer to this thread but that seems optimal from an interleaving perspective if he flips the two pieces of toast together to make a toasted sardine and guacamole sandwich.

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

I'm gonna keep reading and sometimes posting in this thread despite the wishes of my internet pal sheep goats

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

What happened to sheep goats?

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Diaper devastation.

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Snowmankilla posted:

What happened to sheep goats?

The borscht drove him to madness

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Decided he couldn't beet it and closed the thread

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Why would he close the active thread rather than just leave it? He knew my cabbage recipe was coming, it's the only explanation...

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

The only reason to close this thread is to try and destroy the SINGLE good thread in all of GBS.

Luckily our boy Jeffrey over here realized that saving this thread was the only way to promote the true ~good word~.

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

Soup du Journey posted:

Every bite had dines, I'm not about to sperg out over having a perfectly equal number of dines on each toast piece. Guacadine toast is super dank, I totes recommend it.

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005
Pillbug

Hypha posted:

Long Live Dine Thread

:patriot:

KO's are still the best, but last week grocery outlet had a few cases of wild planets in olive oil and lemon olive oil (also water and marinara sauce, but meh) for like, scrubdeen prices. gently caress yeah.

:getin:

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Turtle Blogger posted:

Every bite had dines, I'm not about to sperg out over having a perfectly equal number of dines on each toast piece. Guacadine toast is super dank, I totes recommend it.

Avocado and dines are a special synergy.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Turtle Blogger posted:

# of dines isn't as important as dine coverage. Let it be known that those guacy dine toasts look mighty tasty.

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

Lathespin.gif posted:

:patriot:

KO's are still the best, but last week grocery outlet had a few cases of wild planets in olive oil and lemon olive oil (also water and marinara sauce, but meh) for like, scrubdeen prices. gently caress yeah.

:getin:

I went hog wild and bought 4 cases. Do you know if there are any locations that still have the lemon ones in stock?

is that good
Apr 14, 2012
I've been on the Riga (non gold) as a poor student and it's been a good time. Some blog recommended Santa Maria (esp. in hot sauce) but I think I prefer the better price to fish ratio of the big can of riga when I'm generally putting it in a pasta sauce. Anybody got any opinions on the standard riga sprats?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I feel like boneless skinless dines basically don't count. I tried wild planet and they were okay for making dips but i'd rather have bumblebee for straight from the can.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Boneless skinless dines are basically just better canned tuna. I've been eating some lately because my only good option to try KO Spanish dines was to buy an entire case, but I'd much rather munch the bones any day.

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

I wonder what they do with all the bones they remove. I'd buy canned 'dine spines.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
They probably send them to be made into fertilizer or pet food or something.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
I had a can of kos mashed up with capers, jalapenos, a squanch of lemon, and pepper on wheat for lunch yesterday. Delish.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I ate 50 raw oysters over a few days last week, and I'd happily do it again.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
I would eat 50 raw oysters in one day.

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
I'm disappointed that OP is a moaning pissbaby.
Today I tried sardines for the first time, and uh, I can definitely see myself sitting in the car outside Kroger powering through a box of crackers and a few tins of fishes.

The Beach Cliff was cheap as dirt and they had like 4 varieties. These crackers were on the discount shelf, they were pretty good but I dunno about paying full price. Is there a recommended cracker or type of toast? But not loving avocado toast, thanks.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Look Sir Droids posted:

I would eat 50 raw oysters in one day.

Limit of 24 per person on happy hour :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

PokeJoe posted: