Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
Use this reddit thread or tell us about the bug on spectrum. Just please don't use the issue council.

Because no one but AP will ever see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

trucutru posted:

Are you guys ready for some self-deprecating hilarity? guest-starring :pgabz:

These strips continue to be the single best thing to come from Star Citizen.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Godmode Enabled posted:

Also works for ublock orgin
Click ublock red shield
click ublock cogwheel
add ...
||https://forums.somethingawful.com/css/gaschamber.css
to my filters

Everyone should be using Ublock Origin anyway. Adblock Plus white lists advertisers who pay them.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

The Titanic posted:

The grim dark reality is that pretty graphics, pre-rendered cutscenes of "gameplay", and stories are easy to produce and talk about and make "progress on".

Oh yeah, and developing languages.

Basically anything that doesn't actually require building a super complex video game, but pretending that you are and can.

Looking forward to Languages 2.0 and the next 30 chapters of in game "lore", followed up with at least 16 new concept DLC I can buy for 100s of dollars. The game itself though? Uh yeah, I think they fixed a bitmap being backwards and totally are working on a million other things for that next patch that will definitely save everything.

I think the citizens' inability to see this for the truth it is largely explains why the project has gone on as long as it has, and why it might continue to chug along for a while yet before finally collapsing. They keep producing the poo poo that has nothing to do with making a game, and since that bullshit just keeps on coming out, backers mistake it for progress. We've quadrupled the amount of mocap, had more "ship" sales than anyone can reasonably track, cutscenes that don't, and never did, have anything to do with the game, and "lore" written by elementary school dropouts that's so far removed from Give-a-poo poo-Land that it's about nonexistent guilds and how they relate to a nonexistent in-game "game" that nobody plays.

Never mind suicides that result from the collapse of Star Citizen - if I was the guy in charge of writing Santaball "lore" I'm pretty sure I'd be dangling from a rope right now.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Man I'm proud of how we've moved on from thread page number spam

Used to look forward to page no: page spam were we all would just post random stuff. Had a huuuge folder filled with all the different images that had been posted in all the diff star shitizen threads but lost it when the HDD i was storing it on farted one last time and went to the great HDD grave in the dumpster truck when it came garbage collection day.

last time i checked it was like 6gb give or take worth of image goodness.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Man I'm proud of how we've moved on from thread page number spam

posting on page 888 :toot:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

TheAgent posted:

hello

• supposedly CIG working on something "exceptional" for E3
  • Roberts has been MIA the majority of the year
  • many design and gameplay changes are stalled due to lack of his approval
  • since leads left or were fired, almost all decisions sit with Roberts
  • CIG is using unpaid interns to help code and complete artwork
  • several backers have been selected to help the design team
  • special select backers were recently invited for an "appreciation" meeting/dinner
  • unsure what the criteria was, but one backer had purchased over $100,000 worth of ships
  • planetary module still coming along
  • loading screen transition still in
  • atmo fighting "in discussion"
  • Star Marine a failure, Roberts unhappy with it entirely
  • Roberts "imagined a different game" and blame devs that left for problems
  • top execs blame recent bad funding on backers unwilling to help more
  • "It's like giving a cat an Easy-Bake oven and expecting it to cater the Royal Wedding" on current tools
  • "Bullies playing with the nerdy kids toys" on new mocap

20 pages old but you are the best agent

:lol:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Regrettable posted:

Everyone should be using Ublock Origin anyway. Adblock Plus white lists advertisers who pay them.

Thanks for that... it motivated me to check it out and it's already way better than ABP on Firefox and only took me 2 seconds to block the css

mfw the green was gone

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Regrettable posted:

This is a good post.

Also 888.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
In on 888.

PAGE NUMBER SPAM 4 LYFE!!!!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Dehumanize and face to green! How horrible the Shitizens are to their ED brothers :(

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, the forum is green?

lol, and you call yourselves salty asshats. You should visit more subforums and get your .css blocks updated you fake goonies.

And furthermore!

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Sarsapariller posted:

Here, journalists, I have researched a list of convenient questions for you to ask Chris Roberts in your next totally-not-a-paid-placement interview! No need to thank me- just be sure to read them verbatim.

At Gamescom in April of 2016 you demo'd the "Alpha" of Star Citizen's 3.0 patch, which was slated to introduce NPC's and a larger game world. At the time you indicated that this was set to release before the end of the year.
At the moment, it is 2 months into 2017, and several statements by employees have given the impression that you have not even begun working on 3.0. Is that the case, and if so, what was it that you showed off last year at Gamescom? What prompted you to give late-2016 as a release date?

In an interview with Forbes in 2013, you said: "[Then] an alpha of the single-player game, and then finally a beta of the persistent universe by the end of the year (2014)." Now obviously that was wildly off the mark.
What was behind your estimates at that time, and what has changed to push the release date back by 3+ years with no end in sight? Are you addicted to that little tingle that comes from making declarative statements?

On your forums in 2014, Ben Lesnick, then director of community engagement and content strategy, said: " [... We] plan to launch the Persistent Universe sometime in 2015 and expect to have all the features we’ve talked about to date implemented and functioning (with the help of the community which will be testing them) over the course of the ensuing year." In an interview with Geekdomo in April 2014, Erin Roberts said: "For the first chapter [of Squadron 42], we're aiming for it to be towards the beginning of next year (2015)."What was behind their estimates at that time? It appears that in each of these quotes, the strategy when discussing release dates was just to say something approximately 12 months ahead of the current moment. Would you say your company has some kind of issue with estimating more than 5-6 months out? Would you say that the "Con" in CitizenCon does not, in fact, stand for "Convention?"

In this video, you begin waving your hands while describing procedural generation for star citizen in 2014. In this video, you begin waving your hands while describing procedural generation for star citizen in 2016. These appear to be the same mechanics you've been waving your hands and describing for 2 years. What have you actually accomplished, you intolerable waste of skin?

In september of last year, you angrily denied rumors that the SQ42 was delayed. Less than a month later, you did a complete 180 on that statement and announced that the game was delayed, and promised an update in the near future. It's been 4 months since then and it is increasingly apparent that you weren't anywhere close to finishing the smallest part of this project. When you lie so blatantly, do your testicles kind of shrink up into your body or have you lost the ability to feel shame?

Virtually everything in this timeline is wrong. Are you a loofah-faced poo poo gibbon?

This post made me realise that it's not just a personality cult, but an apocalyptic cult. And the date of salvation is moved each time it passes.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

:lol: jesus hahaha so good

I have an inside joke about the number eight so I am contractually obligated to post on page 888.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/shyfty221/status/849511095350022144

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

No matter, I'll simply get my riveting Star Citizen gameplay from one of the other two people who still stream it.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

This is loving great

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Chalks posted:

This is loving great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX8Yo3vEyBE

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

5th? They have no idea.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

5th? They have no idea.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

5th? They have no idea.

I would say them having no idea is a common thread throughout all this.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

The fourth threadpire...

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Raskolnikov posted:

The fourth threadpire...

In the last 500 posts the Fourth Threadpire has dominated four forums, which it has united into one postzone, Bensis.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Couldn't they introduce a server side tool to track this bug? They know what it affects, the message that will print and the number of players and ships in the instance. The clients wouldn't even need to download additional files, probably. < If this were a real MMO.

Regrettable posted:

They are very selective about making sure that the ads are 'nice' and non-intrusive. 'Nice' and non-intrusive is defined as 'gave us money'.

EIGHT ATE AIT

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Apr 5, 2017

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sillybones posted:

How the gently caress do you conclude some crazy loving conspiracy from this?

Hi, have you ever read 'the internet'?

Ghostlight posted:

lmao at Derek's IP being poo poo, uninspired, and overly generic.

No U

Sillybones posted:

Couldn't they introduce a server side tool to track this bug? They know what it affects, the message that will print and the number of players and ships in the instance.

They probably already have and it's a problem between the client and the server. Getting an 'event time' can help you figure out where in the logs the problem is occurring, but _a lot_ of the code will be essentially glommed onto the engine itself, so they need to figure out what, where, when. Difficult to _just do_ on the server side.

That being said, you build in the client logging early given that it's your window into operation of the client on one of the myriad configurations of hardware, that despite years of streamlining and simplifying, still runs up against the one guy running a split route over satellite provisioned internet. You can even make them stack logs (finite sized window) or have them turned on with an option for beta-testing.

That's why most clients that crash will now do most of the job of collating and uploading the information as automatically as possible. They're relying on a vanishingly small number of _engaged_ people who want to wade through stuff for free.

Hav fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Apr 5, 2017

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVBJgcCnEpw

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
EXPECTED RESULT
The guns must fire when you press and hold the fire key, regardless of the time between the keystrokes.
Shells must inherit the speed of the ship properly, there should be no deviation.
Less brownnosing and more IRish aftburners among warhead assets to promote explosive die-rear
Being able to move freely in the hangar.
I expected to duck into the spacecraft and then get control again once the animation completed. I only got partial control back, and the ship was unresponsive.
No "Use" option appears and unable to enter the turret from outside.
I expect more finesse from an Origin ship.
No obstruction of quantum justice.
Normal lighting
Normal audio level of airlock door warning
To spawn in like normal.
Should be able to move as soon as I load in.
Ship should spawn on pad
Game starts properly, can play the game in FullScreen
Waypoints should appear after activating jump drive.
That all weapons be on the ship that should be there on respawn and all should fire.
Expect to have option to "Use Ladder" to exit the ship.
The snipers charge is uneffected by the usage of an emote.
should let me take a look on left or right side of my cockpit (up or down on my ship panels - weapons, radar etc ) whitout change my ship flight direction
Pressing <,> radar cycle range key changes scale of display, as it used to for the old TDAS sphere in early alpha builds
ddddd
I'm not sure the Ghost is supposed to have those racks, but the expected result would be to 1) not crash, and 2) allow me to change to a different missle rack.
well i should have all cockpit sounds like any normal ship would have.
Able to switch to PU map from the main menu.
The ship takes damage and eventually explodes.
All that is required is for a slide bar to be added to lower the sensitivity of the default linear curve. (maybe even to lower the overall nonlinear curve) I'm not asking to removed curves from the game, im asking to bring back the option to lower the sensitivity of the default linear curve. THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM FOR A LOT OF PLAYERS TO MAINTAIN AIM. PLEASE FIX CIG THIS WILL MAKE A LOT OF PLAYERS EXTREMELY HAPPY.
Stabilization of the game.
A key press of any description especially in chat should register you as active in game,
When you enter in a wreck with Director Mod camera, the wreck and asteroids doesn't disappear once inside and the sky doesn't change.
If the acid gaz Attack th ship strucure they should be report on the report screen Inside the ship - and after several times shouldn't be in fly capacity - we shouldn' t be in presence of skelet ship....
Less Crashes - no crashes
to be able see damage on left sides of ships
To hit
mouse would always work
When game releases this will be a useless ship
Ship remains still. Allowing for easy exit and entry.
Mobi-glass does not clip through body
Guns that are owned independently (like my Badger Repeater) or bought with REC (like my two Omnisky VI) would show up and be able to be mounted on the ships.
Change weapons and enter pilot sea.
Audio settings saved across game sessions
Game does not crash and if it does, it provides an error code.
Expected result? To be able to join a loving game and fly around with my friends in space! I have just bought this game today 3/4/17 and have had to deal with it not downloading the patch 4 times. And now I cant even join a game without it crashing, I seriously havent even see what this game looks like on my computer yet. All i know is what the menus look like.
Helmet should be positioned on head.
The weapn scopes should be fixed onto the weapon.
The animation should be correct
Should be able to spawn a ship
Enemies should spawn
Getting Respawned
The cargo should not dissapear
Frames should be un affected when entering quantum travel
the Helmet should have moved with the Head
Seamless entrance into the Andromeda is expected.
You load into the game.
When i exit a seat on my ship, pilot or otherwise. The green hologram should not appear.
That I can organized my weapons to work with button 1, 2 and 3 in different ways.
I have stopped paying the game because I can't find anywhere online to help me with these instructions that isn't at least a year old.
Should land solid hits on enemy ships.
Smooth door opening and closing animation
Waking up, smooth animation with no fps drops.
I expect targeting pips. period.
\( ゚◡゚)/
Mouse continues to control players pov.
IR Signature should get higher when afterburners fire
Polish lang in star citizen
A clean download that finishes and does not take up all of my RAM.
Able to add and fire ballistic weapons
Death...
impossible to accomplish.
Upright walkers.
I am inside my newly spawned ship and can continue squadron-batteling
Start the game correctly
land properly
The only way to access the pilot seat should be via the interior
Landing gear should NOT deploy randomly (or for unknown reason) during dogfighting.
The railing should prevent the player from going forward.
Expected both guns to move up and down.
Chat to appear
ship stays where its left and its possible to get inside again

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

IM SO IMMERSED.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

AP posted:

\( ゚◡゚)/
\( ゚◡゚)/

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

I feal grief.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Blue Cross Blue Balls posted:

i'm on Chrome but pretty much i just inspected the page grabbed the gaschamber stuff and then right clicked on ABP icon then select options and on the new tab added it to the add own filter and page went back to normal looking.

Thank you for this commando.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

EXPECTED RESULT
The guns must fire when you press and hold the fire key, regardless of the time between the keystrokes.
Shells must inherit the speed of the ship properly, there should be no deviation.
Less brownnosing and more IRish aftburners among warhead assets to promote explosive die-rear
Being able to move freely in the hangar.
I expected to duck into the spacecraft and then get control again once the animation completed. I only got partial control back, and the ship was unresponsive.
No "Use" option appears and unable to enter the turret from outside.
I expect more finesse from an Origin ship.
No obstruction of quantum justice.
Normal lighting
Normal audio level of airlock door warning
To spawn in like normal.
Should be able to move as soon as I load in.
Ship should spawn on pad
Game starts properly, can play the game in FullScreen
Waypoints should appear after activating jump drive.
That all weapons be on the ship that should be there on respawn and all should fire.
Expect to have option to "Use Ladder" to exit the ship.
The snipers charge is uneffected by the usage of an emote.
should let me take a look on left or right side of my cockpit (up or down on my ship panels - weapons, radar etc ) whitout change my ship flight direction
Pressing <,> radar cycle range key changes scale of display, as it used to for the old TDAS sphere in early alpha builds
ddddd
I'm not sure the Ghost is supposed to have those racks, but the expected result would be to 1) not crash, and 2) allow me to change to a different missle rack.
well i should have all cockpit sounds like any normal ship would have.
Able to switch to PU map from the main menu.
The ship takes damage and eventually explodes.
All that is required is for a slide bar to be added to lower the sensitivity of the default linear curve. (maybe even to lower the overall nonlinear curve) I'm not asking to removed curves from the game, im asking to bring back the option to lower the sensitivity of the default linear curve. THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM FOR A LOT OF PLAYERS TO MAINTAIN AIM. PLEASE FIX CIG THIS WILL MAKE A LOT OF PLAYERS EXTREMELY HAPPY.
Stabilization of the game.
A key press of any description especially in chat should register you as active in game,
When you enter in a wreck with Director Mod camera, the wreck and asteroids doesn't disappear once inside and the sky doesn't change.
If the acid gaz Attack th ship strucure they should be report on the report screen Inside the ship - and after several times shouldn't be in fly capacity - we shouldn' t be in presence of skelet ship....
Less Crashes - no crashes
to be able see damage on left sides of ships
To hit
mouse would always work
When game releases this will be a useless ship
Ship remains still. Allowing for easy exit and entry.
Mobi-glass does not clip through body
Guns that are owned independently (like my Badger Repeater) or bought with REC (like my two Omnisky VI) would show up and be able to be mounted on the ships.
Change weapons and enter pilot sea.
Audio settings saved across game sessions
Game does not crash and if it does, it provides an error code.
Expected result? To be able to join a loving game and fly around with my friends in space! I have just bought this game today 3/4/17 and have had to deal with it not downloading the patch 4 times. And now I cant even join a game without it crashing, I seriously havent even see what this game looks like on my computer yet. All i know is what the menus look like.
Helmet should be positioned on head.
The weapn scopes should be fixed onto the weapon.
The animation should be correct
Should be able to spawn a ship
Enemies should spawn
Getting Respawned
The cargo should not dissapear
Frames should be un affected when entering quantum travel
the Helmet should have moved with the Head
Seamless entrance into the Andromeda is expected.
You load into the game.
When i exit a seat on my ship, pilot or otherwise. The green hologram should not appear.
That I can organized my weapons to work with button 1, 2 and 3 in different ways.
I have stopped paying the game because I can't find anywhere online to help me with these instructions that isn't at least a year old.
Should land solid hits on enemy ships.
Smooth door opening and closing animation
Waking up, smooth animation with no fps drops.
I expect targeting pips. period.
\( ゚◡゚)/
Mouse continues to control players pov.
IR Signature should get higher when afterburners fire
Polish lang in star citizen
A clean download that finishes and does not take up all of my RAM.
Able to add and fire ballistic weapons
Death...
impossible to accomplish.
Upright walkers.
I am inside my newly spawned ship and can continue squadron-batteling
Start the game correctly
land properly
The only way to access the pilot seat should be via the interior
Landing gear should NOT deploy randomly (or for unknown reason) during dogfighting.
The railing should prevent the player from going forward.
Expected both guns to move up and down.
Chat to appear
ship stays where its left and its possible to get inside again

plz pre-alpha

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Lando modelling for The Onion now?
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/849608591527071746

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

In a long-running twitter battle over the state of facial animation in games, DisturbedJim drops a bomb

Why he thinks a poorly lit still of Mark Hamill's weirdly-rendered plastic face is worthy of a proverbial mic-drop is beyond me. Particularly when it looks like poo poo compared to a Call of Duty game from three years ago and even a Tomb Raider game from four years ago. I don't understand these people.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RayRoocroft/status/848845917130297344

LTI concept sale on the 21st or so should be interesting.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Nice screenshot.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I think its supposed to be a fighter (with a power level even further beyond!!!) so it will do ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Why he thinks a poorly lit still of Mark Hamill's weirdly-rendered plastic face is worthy of a proverbial mic-drop is beyond me. Particularly when it looks like poo poo compared to a Call of Duty game from three years ago and even a Tomb Raider game from four years ago. I don't understand these people.

Dunno, you have to compare it with modern trash like this console poo poo;

I mean, loving look at the uncanny valley right there.

Or this trash from last year;

We've suffered far too long (on the PS4).

Hav fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 5, 2017