Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

No, this depends on local laws

Personally, the idea of filthy outsiders getting to purchase a fine hot dog sickens me.

I feel bad for you and whatever hell you live in.

edit for dat content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

That sure is one BIG dog!

:chanpop:

BaconCopter posted:

edit for dat content

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

BaconCopter posted:

I feel bad for you who will never experience the joy of the crowded indoor costco food court where an old chinese man dozes off and leans on your shoulder while you eat your wiener

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

a hole-y ghost posted:

I feel bad for you who will never experience the joy of the crowded indoor costco food court where an old chinese man dozes off and leans on your shoulder while you eat your wiener

whattyameanbuddy? :shrug:

With my $0 membership fee (I don't have a membership, remember???) I can spend as long as I want lambasting in the glorious depravity known as the Costco Food Court.

EDIT: It's for the hot dogs dummy.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

BaconCopter posted:

whattyameanbuddy? :shrug:

With my $0 membership fee (I don't have a membership, remember???) I can spend as long as I want lambasting in the glorious depravity known as the Costco Food Court.

EDIT: It's for the hot dogs dummy.
oh, by the way you were phrasing it earlier I thought you were at one of the outdoor food court costcos

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Our Costco is near a movie theater so if you really want to be a cheapo scumbag you can stop in to the food court on your way, purchase a few 25¢ bottles of water, and smuggle them in. No membership required.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
they don't check if the membership's actually valid at the door :)

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

BaconCopter posted:

edit for dat content

My Costco has the calorie count next to the food items so I never get anything because it would make me feel like garbage

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Our Costco is near a movie theater so if you really want to be a cheapo scumbag you can stop in to the food court on your way, purchase a few 25¢ bottles of water, and smuggle them in. No membership required.

Sure, but if you are a god-tier Wokescumlord you buy a couple of those mana-dogs and loudly snarf 'em down while you cackle at the trash you paid $20 bucks to watch.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Tiny Lowtax posted:

My Costco has the calorie count next to the food items so I never get anything because it would make me feel like garbage
why? for a few bucks you don't even have to eat again for one or two days!

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

i used to work at the costco cell phone place and i ate 1/4 lbs dogs every dang day

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Hey Nana,

I just wanna let you know that calories don't necessarily equate to feeling poor. That is unless you have some odd psychosomatic thing where inhaling ubercalories from GodDogs makes you feel dumpsterish.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

i used to work at the costco cell phone place and i ate 1/4 lbs dogs every dang day

You got the job and exclaimed, "I can buy 5 dogs an hour! Gollee!!!"

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

BaconCopter posted:

You got the job and exclaimed, "I can buy 5 dogs an hour! Gollee!!!"

even better it was 13 dogs

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
For those heathens without a membership, just go the main door and say you are heading to the Pharmacy. Then proceed to wander around the store scarfing samples like a normal Costco shopper. Can't check out though.
You do not need a membership to use the Pharmacy.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Meydey posted:

For those heathens without a membership, just go the main door and say you are heading to the Pharmacy. Then proceed to wander around the store scarfing samples like a normal Costco shopper. Can't check out though.
You do not need a membership to use the Pharmacy.

Or the hot dog emporium!!

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Wait, not everyone has a Costco membership? Why? Why would you not worship at the greatest altar to capitalism ever created?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Peachfart posted:

Wait, not everyone has a Costco membership? Why? Why would you not worship at the greatest altar to capitalism ever created?

Settle down now. We can't look down on them for not experiencing the grace of Costco.

No, we must help them.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The polish dogs are tasty, but nothing is as good as the bulgogi bake. The carne asada bake was delicious too, but I haven't seen one in years.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

wtf. my costco has never had this. who do I complain to

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Their pizza is ridiculous but the dog itself is actually p reasonable unless you're getting it with other stuff, I think my local one claims it's 520, maybe add a bit more for the onions you should be putting on but a p reasonable lunch all things considered.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

a hole-y ghost posted:

wtf. my costco has never had this. who do I complain to

I've only seen them in Asia, but they are so good that I keep hoping they'll show up in the US at some point.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

they don't check if the membership's actually valid at the door :)

lol they're supposed to check your membership card against your form of payment at the registers but they're not super thorough about it. My dad's got a corporate membership and I used his card to buy some housewares a while back. Everything was OK until a manager happened to walk by, took a closer look and realized my credit card and the membership card didn't match. She got suuuuuuuper pissed at me, but gently caress it - transaction was already done so there's nothing she could do, and like I told her: I didn't know that was a rule, and maybe get mad at your employee for not catching it rather than a customer for doing it unintentionally.

I was just there for new contact lenses in the first place :confused:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

dogs are ok like once a month, and I bought pizza for work, and I've bought enough frozen fruit to put into a blender and inhale pretty much continuously without break for the next sixteen years

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Kelp Me! posted:

lol they're supposed to check your membership card against your form of payment at the registers but they're not super thorough about it. My dad's got a corporate membership and I used his card to buy some housewares a while back. Everything was OK until a manager happened to walk by, took a closer look and realized my credit card and the membership card didn't match. She got suuuuuuuper pissed at me, but gently caress it - transaction was already done so there's nothing she could do, and like I told her: I didn't know that was a rule, and maybe get mad at your employee for not catching it rather than a customer for doing it unintentionally.

I was just there for new contact lenses in the first place :confused:

Don't know if he has done this already or not but corporate memberships allow 2 sub memberships on the card. Your dad can add you on his and you would get your own Executive membership card. The only difference is that you would not get the 2% cash back.
I work at Corp and have my son and a sister in law on my account.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
FACT: Costco Pizza is the best chain pizza.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Meydey posted:

Don't know if he has done this already or not but corporate memberships allow 2 sub memberships on the card. Your dad can add you on his and you would get your own Executive membership card. The only difference is that you would not get the 2% cash back.
I work at Corp and have my son and a sister in law on my account.

My mom's already the other one :)

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I have the Costco credit card, it's good.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Kelp Me! posted:

My mom's already the other one :)

Actually spouse does not count. They are part of the main account and get the 2%. I have my wife, and son/sis in law on mine.

If your dad is at the main office, then there is a good chance I know him. I have done alot of support in previous positions for many people.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Meydey posted:

Actually spouse does not count. They are part of the main account and get the 2%. I have my wife, and son/sis in law on mine.

If your dad is at the main office, then there is a good chance I know him. I have done alot of support in previous positions for many people.

What's your favorite position?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Meydey posted:

Sorry, I didn't mean corporate like "works for CostCo", I meant he has one of those business-class memberships or whatever.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Ahh, ok.

Hot dog chat: part of the reason the hot dog have stayed $1.50 is that they stopped selling Hebrew Nationals, and built their own meat packing plant. Yes, Costco packs it's own weiners.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'm the heathen that's been shopping at Costco for decades but never tried a hot dog. The lines are always super-long and I'm always full from free samples :(

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'm glad my Costco has been serving Chilli with beans at the food court, that poo poo's good.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I'm glad my Costco has been serving Chilli with beans at the food court, that poo poo's good.
Between this and the bulgogi bake, I was happy before with my Costco's food court, but I gotta tell them to step it up

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Meydey posted:

Ahh, ok.

Hot dog chat: part of the reason the hot dog have stayed $1.50 is that they stopped selling Hebrew Nationals, and built their own meat packing plant. Yes, Costco packs it's own weiners.

So their secret to keeping prices low is to cut out the Hebrew nationals?

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Pretty sure they are still Kosher, but yeah they use the Kirkland dogs now.
The meat plant is in Mira Loma, CA and make hot dogs for US/Canada.

a hole-y ghost posted:

Between this and the bulgogi bake, I was happy before with my Costco's food court, but I gotta tell them to step it up

Don't ever go to a Canadian Costco food court. Jacket Potatoes, Meat Sandwich, Poutine

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I always just assumed Kirkland is their private-label brand, AKA they don't actually make anything, just rebrand other stuff, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Kirkland kosher hot dogs come from the same factory as actual Hebrew Nationals.

Off the top of my head, a couple of the Kirkland beers are actually brewed by the same company that makes Saranac. I know that at Trader Joe's, their hard cider is brewed by Woodchuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

My favorite thing about Costco is that I don't have to care about shopping.
Its not like when I go to the grocery store for spaghetti sauce, and have 30 different options at various prices and most of them are probably garbage. At Costco I have 1-2 options, and I know they are good and cheap because Costco only sells good stuff.