Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Mithril/Tatsu: You both get cheers as you go to leave, and you hear Evil Eye saying to the others, "Didn't I tell you that it'd be great it? So worth it."

...Villains are weird.

Anyway, as Mithril takes a deep breath and dives right in.

Mithril: Well, it's certainly... different in here. Compared to a normal, living mind, I mean. It's cold, for one. Do you normally feel anything when you do this? Either way, you keep diving down, further and further until you feel you're in the right place. You open a door and... it's a mall. A mall populated with dark silhouettes. But it's not just any mall.

It's THE mall. You know, the one you had your meltdown in. Too late, you figure it out. You focused hard on the past. On origins. So, when your mind resonated with Tatsu's, your mental images jumbled up, and now Tatsu gets a front row seat for your first big loss of control. What other secret that you want to keep slips out to Tatsu? How's he see it?

Tatsu: Well, you're not sure what you were expecting, but it probably wasn't wandering around a shopping mall with Mithril. ...Well, with two Mithrils. There's the one you recognize standing next to you and the one in the food court. Much younger, on the ground and and bawling her eye, bawling, and surrounded by maelstrom of chairs and tables and even a few people. Heroes standing outside, unable to get any closer. But, it's hard to focus on that when you see that the walls are filled with TVs playing all the wonderful highlights of your past. What highlights does Mithril see? Off the top of my head, there's the first time you came back, right? I'm guessing there's the first time you met Her and She put you under her spell. PLENTY of the awful things she had you do. Especially the one where you beat some harmless chemistry teacher, just to make an example of 'em. Because it's what She wanted, and her hound always followed orders. Up until he didn't, of course. But it was too late for that poor guy.

What a hero.

By the way, there's no way this doesn't count for sharing a vulnerability or weakness, so resolve those moves too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Fre: +0 | Dan: +1 | Sav: +1 | Sup: +3 | Mun: -2 | Hold: 0
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Restaurant

Good - I'm glad they apologized. Getting into a Twitter beef with a restaurant of all things would've looked petty - if justified - and I'm glad we avoided this unpleasantness. Was sorta hoping they'd comp my check too, but I guess I've got to pay still. At least Chimera clearly appreciates it... that makes this whole thing worth it.

Flipping my communicator to the message I just got sent, I show it to my teammate so she knows what's going on, not saying anything since that'd give away the game a bit. With that accomplished, I tap a response back, letting her watch that too.

txt to Zer0 posted:

Sounds good, cya there~
This'll be fun I bet!

It's up to Chimera if she wants to help me with this or not. If she does, that's awesome, and I could definitely use it - I'm pretty sure there's SOMETHING that's about to happen that I'm not going to like. If she doesn't... well, I'm really good at this hero stuff. I can handle things on my own if I have to.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Freak +2, Danger +2, Savior +1, Superior -1, Mundane -1
Potential 3/5 | Conditions:

"You're welcome." Done with that, I read the message Flaire shows me. I give her a nod to let her know I'll be coming along.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Fre: -1 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: The True Self

It is cold. Very cold. I find myself — my mental construct, to be exact, but it's not that different from my physical form — shivering as I plummet into the depths of Tatsu's consciousness. It's not like I do this a lot, or even anything close to that, but its certainly unusual. Of course, that's nothing compared to the chill I feel when I step through the door into the mall. It was a scene that I'd explored many times, of course, with Damascus. He says that it is helpful to face your fears and shame, to prove that they hold no power over you. Whether or not he's right, he's certainly not right about exploring it with a teammate that you think is kind of a huge jerk.

A thread of my mind dispassionately analyzes the how and why of the situation. Of course, it must be some sort of psionic resonance. Damascus had mentioned something of the sort happening to him when he was facing some sort of spell-slinger. If this whoever who had apparently mucked up Tatsu was magic, as I suspected, then this wasn't outside the realm of possibility. Perhaps the touch of magic had permeated his being. An interesting note for future exploration.

The rest of me was, quite naturally, engrossed in the show. The frantic, wobbling orbits of the people and furniture and the incredible strength of the barriers keeping the heroes out. They really were cutting loose trying to break through. It was almost amusing how far a crying child was pushing these full-grown heroes. Or, at least, it would be if it wasn't me. I'd seen this enough times to know that it would be another minute or two before Damascus showed up to do his thing. I was fairly sure that everything should play out like usual, but all bets were off with this resonance business.

I look around, wondering what all was different. I see the TV screens, of course, all sorts of scenes playing. I made a note to focus back on those later. My eyes catch another scene and, immediately, my heart sinks. It seemed innocuous enough, a pair of silhouetted teens sitting on a bench, but the sign above them — a stylized thought-bubble — said "I can't tell you! I can't tell you I cheated on you and kissed Mithril, ok! I just can't tell you!" There was a third silhouette, too, standing apart from the pair. It was me. No, no, no! The mall sucks and I don't want him to know about it, but this...? This shouldn't even be here! I locked that down. I made sure of it. So why? Why this? Why now? I don't even know if he knows who it's supposed to be or what it means, but even then! It can't be that hard to figure out that I've only ever kissed 'Cuda! That I accidentally learned who she was!

Of course, before I can try to will myself out of existence or explode or die of shame, I hear the heavy steps of Damascus. The crash as he steps through barrier after barrier and the storm begins to weaken. The crack of tables and chairs shattering against his armor. The quiet sobs as he lays his hand on the girl's — my — head and everything falls still. That was all like I remembered it. That was the end of the memory. As I looked on, though, things didn't stop there. The blue flames exploded upwards and began to turn red. Chains erupted out of the ground, winding tightly around my younger self. Everything else, everyone else began to fade. Soon it was just the two of them. The armored man gloating over his captive.

I stumble backwards, "No! That's not how it was...! He saved me, he trained me. Taught me to be a hero. It wasn't prison, I wasn't a prisoner..." A mocking laugh, one that never would have come from Damascus's mouth, answered me. Was that what I really felt, deep down? Resentment? I could feel the tears begin to drip down my face. He was the most important person in my life. There were more now, but he'd been my only friend for years. My dad, even. I still saw Mom sometimes but she was pretty clearly moved on from everything. Nobody wants a psychic.

Nobody wants me.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them a secret about your mentor (including your feelings towards them). Give them Influence over you (Tatsu shifts my labels) and add 1 Team to the pool.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 28, 2017

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Savior: -1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: Angry | Location: Mindin' His Own Business

What the gently caress? The gently caress is this poo poo? A mall and... an extra Mithril?And... and a shitload of tvs... with all the fun stuff on them. What the gently caress.

There's the big poo poo, of course. That very first car accident. My time under Her. The teacher... gently caress. All that blood... I can see stuff going on with the extra Mithril and I catch something on a tv about someone kissing her when they shouldn't have? It's there yeah, but it's all kinda... drowned out by everything else. Everything me. All of it, scattered over thousands and thousands and thousands of little windows, playing over and over, forever. All of me. Huddlin' under trashcans and overhangs, or inside a rottin' fallen tree. Fuckin' reekin' of fear. Terror. hundreds and hundreds of those, all over. Fightin' to hold onto my single solitary scrap of independence with every little fuckin' bit of my hosed up unlife. And those are the tame bits.

Some of them look like they only got static, or a bad signal. Flashes of gently caress knows what goin' across, weird noises blastin' out at random. But they're me, bein' made. Bein' taken, torn, apart, into an uncountable number of pieces, changed, and put back together. Her not likin' some part of Her work, doin' it all over again. Over and over and over and over and over and over and losing myself in it. In the pain, pain worse than bein' burned alive, or crushed, stabbed, shot, impaled, or anythin' else. So much pain that dyin' becomes nothin', an inconvenience, at worst. All the deaths are here to. Scattered between everything else. There's a lot of them. Only more of one thing.

The fighting. Endless and everywhere.There's me here, fightin' those two idiots with Flaire. Gettin' set on fire and blown up. Trainin' with Storm King. The stadium, and the stupid leg guy. All the muggers and other shithead petty criminals I've busted. Even Upper Odenville is on there, back when it was still a town that existed, before I got found there. Before I got it wiped out. And then... then there's everything that She ever made me do. The rivals that I beat back, the threats that I eradicated. The defiant people that I erased, because I had to. Because She ordered it so. Because I couldn't say no.

All of me. Every last lovely, hosed up piece. There's your fuckin' answer Mithril. There is your fuckin' answer.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone,give them Influence and hold 2. Spend that hold to help them as if it were Team in the pool. Shifting Mithril's labels with a +1 to Mundane and a -1 to Freak.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Fre: -2 | Dan: -1 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +2

After a minute or two of moping and a truly herculean effort, I manage to tear my attention off of my own issues and look back at the TV screens. It seems like what Tatsu had invited me here to see. I walk up to the closest screen and rest my hand on it. For a moment, nothing happens. Then, just as I'm about to move to the next one, I see everything. Feel everything. Experience the why behind Tatsu. It's frankly overwhelming, even for me. Even with the filters keeping that last layer of separation between us. If someone less practiced in mental interactions had done it I'd expect that it would shatter their very psyche.

Instead of going comatose, I stumbled backwards and fell to the floor breathing heavily. That was some heavy poo poo. Really heavy. Suffice to say, I definitely understand why he is like he is and why I was asked to keep an eye on him. That said? He's still a huge jerk and, you know, probably could have just told me why he didn't want me in his head. That's why I handed out those forms for everyone to let me know if they had concerns with mental contact! I remember slipping it under his door and everything.

...The door to the room that he doesn't use. Huh. Well, whatever. He could have mentioned that too.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Flarie/Chimera: to be clear, Flaire, they did comp the whole meal. They didn't want to risk your wrath in any way.

After leaving the restaurant, the pair of you make your way across town to the address. It does look pretty sketchy, and every now and then, you think you might hear a bit of movement inside. But, You've got plenty of time to kill when you get to your lookout position in the back. How do you both pass the time?

Exactly 35 minutes later, you hear the sound of wood splintering from the front of the building and plenty of voices yelling obscenities, battle cries, and cries of fear. Looks like the party's started. In fact, it doesn't look like it takes long before whatever's going on inside seems to wrap up, as the yelling dies off. But, as expected, a trio of toughs make their way out the back. They look a little older than you, but still probably in high school. When they see both of you looking down towards them, one of them yells, ""Oh come on! That's just not fair!" Their heads jerk every which way for a way out, but they don't see a way that wouldn't take them down the alley you're perched over. You hear a mechanical whirring coming from inside the building. That seems to make up their minds for them. They heft their weapons, ready to attack if you try to stop them from fleeing, but it doesn't seem like they don't seem to have a lot of hope on winning this. But, it does seem like they think they have better odds going after the two of you rather than whatever chased them out in the first place.

What do you do?

Barracuda: Fortunately, you're right. You're way faster than her, as she's already panting from the exertion of opening two portals without her sword. After a little searching, you manage to catch up to her! Unfortunately, you're in a rush and don't notice the loose tile on the roof you're running across. You go flying out over the ledge, and last I checked, you can't actually... you know... fly. Instinct kicks in, and your arm flings out to grapple up to the roof. You catch yourself in time to avoid a several story drop, but the sudden jerk on your arm and the swinging into a wall can't feel good.

From down on the ground, you hear La Espada let out a ragged snicker as she says, "You sure you ok up there? How about we call it a draw?"

What do you do?

La Espada takes influence on you and take a powerful blow.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I close myself off to all of it. It's harder than usual, but I've had a lot of practice. Even so, I can tell that I'm paler and colder than usual. This is a lot more than just rememberin', after all. I look over to where Mithril is shakin' on the ground, bet she wasn't expectin' this... this fuckin' shitstorm.

I move over and offer her a hand.

"Nice to meet ya, I'm Tatsu."

Way I figure it, she's gonna look at me in a whole new way. See me like the hosed up thing that I am, 'steada person like her or the rest of the team. So why not reintroduce myself?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Fre: 0 | Dan: +3 | Sav: +2 | Sup: 0 | Mun: -2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry, Insecure

[23:36:23] <GodFish> take a powerful blow
[23:36:26] <GodFish> !r 2d6
[23:36:27] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 11 = 11
[23:36:29] <GodFish> why
[23:36:32] <GodFish> why :I
Going to mark Angry and Insecure

So.

Being able to cling to any surface... isn't particularly useful if the surface you're clinging to happens to be falling unsupported in mid-air. I mean, yes, I caught myself, but this hurts - and way more than the actual pain, my pride hurts. This wouldn't be nearly so bad if I hadn't been she hadn't been right here to see it. Couldn't have actually managed to get away like a respectable criminal, nope, had to hang around to laugh at my screwup.

Glaring down at La Espada, I sloooooowly pull myself back up onto the rooftop and brush myself off in as dignified a manner as I can. "I'm fine! How about you surrender before I kick your behind?" I'm not actually going to wait for a response though, I've had enough of this! Gonna finish this before she has a chance to run away or I have a chance to screw up again like that.

[23:43:40] <GodFish> directly engage la espada D:<
[23:43:43] <GodFish> !r 2d6+3
[23:43:44] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 6+3 = 9
I'll, create an opportunity or something, I guess

I swing my gun around and start firing, almost immediately stopping after the first shot because "owowowfreakow" that's the arm I just sprained, ooooow! Instead I jump down and attack her with her own laser sword, adding a few kicks into the mix.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I grab the offered hand and pull myself to my feet, "Well, it's nice to meet you too, Tatsu. I'm Alex." This is... probably the nicest I've ever seen him be to anyone? Wow. I think I manage to keep my game face on for about three more seconds before I punch him in the shoulder — pretty hard, but he's a walking tank so whatever — and shoot him a look. "You know, you really could have just told me — literally at any time — that you had some bad experiences with mind stuff. I'd respect that. I'm not a monster, you know, and I'm definitely not here to push your buttons all the time."

But, you know, even if he is an incredible rear end in a top hat like all the time, I kind of get where he's coming from. Even through the filters that was... Well, it was bad. Not a lot of people can hold it together after something like that. I'll need to chat about things with Damascus at some point. If there is something trailing behind him like EyeSpy said, maybe we can get someone at the league to cut it off?

I hook a thumb back towards the elevator, "You ready to blow this joint or what? I'm kind of trauma'd out, myself."

quote:

8:34 AM <Tricky> Mithril is going to support Tatsu!
8:34 AM <Tricky> !r 2d6+3
8:34 AM <Krysmbot> Tricky, 7+3 =

More team! Tatsu gets the usual!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

"Figured you of all people'd've known already. Workin' directly with one of the big boys and all. Assumed he'd told ya about me. People tend to warn people about monsters."

I thump her on the back in return for that punch. Not as proportionally hard as she hit me, of course, but I can't let somethin' friendly like that just hang, y'know?

"Besides, wouldn't've been a problem if ya hadn't done it at the second worst possible time. And since we're coverin' that, never when I'm sleepin'. Don't end well for nothin' and no one, that."

I take another look back at this weird, hosed up place. Fuckin' mind powers.

"Yeah, let's get ya outta here, Mithril. Ya don't need to see any more of this poo poo."

Clearing Angry.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

While we wait for something to happen in the building, I talk with Flaire a bit. I'm trying to think if I should bring up the thing with Tatsu or not. I have no idea if she'd have any good advice. She might have experience with people being interested in her, but probably from fans not team mates. For a while I try to think about how to bring it up, when suddenly the sounds of fighting erupt from inside. Guess it's time to act.

When the three guys start coming towards us, I run forward at them. Claws sprout from my hands, my teeth become large and sharp, my skin hardens, and I let out a loud roar.

[15:16] <Heliotrope> Be The Monster
[15:16] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6+2
[15:16] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 9+2 = 11
They are thrown off and either flee or make themselves vulnerable to me, and I frighten others I had not intended to frighten

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Tatsu's thump nearly knocked the metaphorical wind out of me, but my mental construct is pretty darn sturdy. I grinned, "Damascus? You kidding? He asked me to keep an eye out, sure, but I'm sure he's mostly worried about... You know. Her. He didn't really fill me in on much of the details past the whole 'can't die' thing and something about a witch, probably didn't want me coming in with a bunch of preconceived notions. I dunno about what things are like between you and the rest of the league, but I think the most grief he'd give you is a marathon pep talk." I shrugged. "For all that I have some deep-seated issues with the guy, he is basically the best person I know."

I nodded when he explained what led to the blow-up, "Fair enough, I'll keep it in mind. If you want to, I can show you a couple of tricks that make it clear when you don't want anyone coming in. They aren't going to stop someone who's really determined, but anyone who's acting in good faith is going to respect that." Of course, there was one last thing I had to figure out before the night was done. I looked at him curiously, "So what's the deal with you and Chimera? You two an item? It seemed like you were getting on pretty well at camp.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Chimera/Flaire: Chimera's transformation makes the goons freeze up. Suddenly, facing off with Zero doesn't seem so bad to them. They turn and hightail it back into the building, but a trio of thuds make you think they didn't get very far. The loud, thumping footsteps and mechanical whirring grow louder, and what looks like all the world like a Rock-em Sock-em robot walks through the door frame. To be clear, the doorframe isn't anywhere near large enough, so it leaves a cartoonish silhouette in the wall.

A synthesized voice says, "Wow, that went really well, Fla-." Then, the dust settles, and the robot yells, "Gah! Don't worry, Flaire, I'll save you!" Zero winds up and takes a big swing at Chimera!

What do you do?

Barracuda: Well, it looks like she really should have taken your advice. As exhausted as she is, she can't dodge all of your blows, and eventually, you giver her a solid knock on the head with the butt of her sword. Unconscious, she falls to the ground, and the bag of stolen jewelry spills out next to her.

Victory!

So... what do you do?
Congrats on taking out a threat by yourself!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Mindin' His Own Business

Bwu-hehn? I know that I heard her right and aw poo poo I can already feel the redness creepin' up. Where'd the gently caress this question come from?

"Uhhhh... I um." I kinda keep goin' like that for a minute, 'til eventually I can get out some actual words. "Um, no, we're not anythin' like that. It's uh, it's I um... I don't really know."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Aw, is he blushing? He is! Mr. Stone-Cold Badass himself is blushing up a storm! That's completely adorable. There's time enough to commiserate on his tragic past later, but for now? I need to know the situation. You know, since Chimera is my friend. That and an insatiable sense of curiosity. Roxy must be rubbing off on me. Or maybe I'm just more interested in these things now that I'm with 'Cuda?

I wait patiently for him to stop hemming and hawing, "...but you want to? Nothing wrong with that, you know. She's a great person. Little rough on the outside, sure, but-" I tap my forehead. "-it's what's in here that counts."

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Mindin' His Own Business

This is the woooooooorsssst. Aaaaahhhhhhhhh.

"It ain't her that'd be the problem, Mithril, and ya know it. Even leavin' that aside, not all of us can just run off into the woods and nakeout, like a certain somebody."

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

I can't help but mentally chuckle as Tatsu grouses back at me. This is the best!

I shrug, "She's tougher than you think. I mean, I get it, Tatsu. I do. You've got some poo poo coming. But, you know, we're here for you when it hits." A coy smile comes across my face. "You should try it sometime, you know? Making out with that special someone in the woods~"

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Fighting a giant robot

And today had been going so well...

I mean, pictures with a teammate participating in a relatable activity that hints at a romantic relationship without actually threatening Silver Bolt and my's real one? Good food that was free, which is a good thing since I remain pretty dang broke? Fun conversation with a new teammate, one with interesting powers and a self-esteem boost, and one that has my back to help me solve a threat to the team? Trust me, I was super pleased with myself when we were waiting for things to get underway... and then they did. Again, today HAD been going well.

But then I froze up for too long, Chimera charged those three, and everything turned to crap. Them not shooting at us is great, don't get me wrong - but scaring them isn't much better. Then again, compared to the giant robot trying to punch her, Zer0 having made a big mistake, I'll take that problem. "Wait! You totally misread this! She's my friend!" Dammit, he's not listening!

Ughhh. It's almost an instinct I guess - I certainly didn't think this through. Sprinting towards the edge of the building, then gathering fire under my feet to keep blasting me into the air, I start to counteract the blow with a stream of concentrated flames straight from my hands, ending up between Chimera and the giant-robo-punch that was intended for her. "PHOENIX SHIELD!" It's, uh, just now occurring to me that I am a LOT more vulnerable than Chimera is... maybe I should've just let her take the punch?

<Rauri-phone> Gonna roll now, will post when I get home
<Rauri-phone> Defend Chimera
<ArashiOfOrdo3> Hey Rauri
<Rauri-phone> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri-phone, 5+2 = 7
Exposing self to danger - Flaire's got no real way to block this attack aside from scorching it's hand, but she jumped in front of it anyways.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Apr 2, 2017

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Insecure

Drive Fulfilled! I shall clear Angry

Haha! Not laughing at me now, are you? As La Espada goes down I start to wind up a kick - then stop it. I'm here to stop her, which given her teleportiness means knocking her out, not to beat her up. And aside from that humiliating screw-up, we had a great fight, I had fun, got my blood pumping like crazy, and worked off a heck of a lot of the stress that's been building up over the last few days. I feel great. Squatting down next to her I do let myself get one more blow in - a verbal one - "Should have given up when I gave you the chance~" And then I tie her wrists up, gather the bag of jewelry up and attach it to my belt, sling her over my shoulder and hold hermy sword out carefully, cutting through the air while trying to make a portal. Hmm. That... didn't work. After staring at the thing for a moment, I try to find an off switch.

Hmm. Nothing there either. This might be tricky to use. Going to have to keep it in the base or something. Well! In the meantime, I carry my loot, her loot, and her, back off to the jewelry shop and call the police to report it. While I wait for a pickup team, I set her and her loot down and move a few feet away, leaning against a lightpost to check my communicator. "oh my god that's beautiful" snicker, I replay the video again. and again. and again. Eventually it... hasn't gotten old, I don't think seeing Tatsu get laser blasted into a bunch of boxes will ever get old, but it's not nearly as attention grabbing as some other thoughts, so I stop replaying it and send a few messages off to Mithril.

@Mithril posted:

I love it <3
Are you still at the party?
Just finished taking in a criminal.
After getting her picked up I'm free for the night.
Would love to hang out.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

I watch as the guy we came to help starts congratulating us, sees me, freaks out, and begins to attack. Right in time for Flaire to put herself into danger too. Okay, no. That stops right now. I step forward and practically snarl "Great job hero." I make sure he hears the sarcasm dripping off that word. "I'm the one you're supposed to help, genius. And now look at this. Can you just calm down and not make assumptions for just a little bit?"

Provoke Zero
[00:46] <Heliotrope> !r 2d6-1
[00:46] <Krysmbot> Heliotrope, 10-1 = 9
Trying to get Zero to admit he made an error and possible maybe even apologize for it

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Tatsu and Mithril: as the two of you move from horrible past trauma to harmless ribbing about relationships, the mall starts to dissolve around you, leaving you both outside the warehouse with the villain party still going on.

So, Mithril... that was kind of unexpected. Think any of that's going to spill over with your next chat with Damascus. Or are you going to even try and bottle it up? Maybe just let him see how you feel and see how he reacts? That'd be honest, but, uh... who knows how he'd take it?

Also, speaking of conflicted relationships, Barracuda's messaging you!

Tatsu, how's it feel to have someone on the team actually gets your past? Think she's going to tell the others? Do you want her to?

Both of you, what's the plan now?

Barracuda: While you're waiting for the constabulary, you give the sword a few more test swings. Yeah, it's basically a lightsaber you can't turn off. Gonna be fun to store, for sure. But, man, you really needed this. And you're back on top of everything, AND you got an in to investigate the mayor. Seems like an all round good day. Between all the practice swings and the whole wrenching your arm in the fall, you arms are really starting to hurt, though. But, as you give the air in front of you one last cut, you think you see something distort! Oh man, this is gonna be so cool.

Anyway, aside from waiting to see what Mithril has in mind, any other plans for the evening?

Flaire and Chimera: Thankfully for Flaire, Zer0 stops short of hitting her, looking as surprised as a featureless robot can. "...Oh, um. Sorry. Didn't know you were bringing a friend." Zer0 pulls back a slightly melty fist and holds it in front of an eyeless head saying, "Wow, you're really impressive, Flaire! I didn't think anything this side of Firestorm could damage this metal." Zer0 turns to Chimera, saying, "Isn't Flaire great?" He then realizes that you're... kinda ticked off, Chimera. Zer0 starts stumbling over words, saying, "Anyway, it was an honest mistake. Like I said, Flaire didn't tell me she was bringing anyone else."

He's not apologizing, but you get influence over him, Chimera.

If you look past Zer0, you see a bunch of people on the ground (including the trio that Chimera scared back inside) clutching guts or heads, moaning. They'll probably be fine by tomorrow, and it honestly seems like Zer0 did a pretty good job!

Zer0 turns back to Flaire, saying, "So... now we call the League, you tell them I did a great job, and then I look at whatever tech support thing you needed. Sound good?" Even through the voice distorter, Zer0 sounds awful pleased.

What do you do?

Silver Bolt: A quick (and much friendlier) investigation reveals that... uh... apparently your mom wanted dinner? The whole staff remembers her walking in and ordering a calzone, to go, since, you know, that's not the sort of thing you forget. They've even got a picture with your VERY reluctant mother.

Which just leaves combing the docks, looking for signs of what happened to your mother. That could take all forever...

Anyway, you haven't heard from the team in a while. Maybe it's time to circle back with them and make sure everything's good. Also, even if you're not too thrilled with the idea, it might not hurt to get another set of eyes on the problem.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Freak: 0 / Danger: +0 / Savior: +1 / Superior: +1 / Mundane: +1
Potential: 5/5! / Conditions: ANGRY

Looking at Mom's 'Do we really have to do this, okay, hurry it up' face in the picture the waiter took put a knot in my stomach that made it hard to think.

Where are you Mom?

I thanked the guys. And got a calzone. And let them take a picture. I don't think I was smiling, but Hunters aren't really well known for smiling anyways.

So the only place left to go was the docks...

I sent Nika a text telling her what I found out. I'd promised to be straight with her and I'd meant it. She sent me one back:

txt to Bro posted:

don't go by urself dummy. u got a team!!

txt to Sis posted:

yeah but this is about MOM

txt to Bro posted:

plz :(

She's worried about me. I guess if I was her I'd be worried about me too. I looked down at my quiver and wondered what I had in there that might protect me from this coma-causing villain. Maybe I wasn't prepared for this.

txt to Sis posted:

OK I'll ask Flaire.

txt to Bro posted:

No wai, ask Mithril! QT w/ TK ;)

txt to Sis posted:

Hey :(

txt to Bro posted:

No rlly, mind powers better at finding moms than fire powers.

Ehhh, she might have a point. More coverage in general might be a good thing... but dragging everyone into my family problems felt kinda wrong, especially if this was a case the Senior Heroes were already handling...

Screw it. The Senior Heroes hadn't told me jack poo poo and my MOM was out there. :argh:

@Mithril, @Flaire, @Tatsu, @Cuda, @Chimera posted:

Got potential villain activity on the docks, might take a few nights of staking out. Could use some company. Anyone not busy?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location:

I mean, all things considered... I'm not totally sure Zer0 even needed us here, though I'm definitely not going to say that. They took nearly everybody out by by themself, on top of having a robot that can resist even my flames - glad he didn't punch me. Also, he thinks I'm awesome, and now that all of us have come to an understanding... uh, victory? That was super, super easy - probably too easy, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Besides, Zer0's obviously a fan - he's actually impressed about how I hurt his robot and gushing about it Chimera, which is EXACTLY the sort of attitude I've been hoping to create in people! Wow, I'd never thought about it, but just imagine - a whole generation of Heroes, inspired by yours truly! It makes sense though! Ahhh, I wanna Tweet about this!

"That's an impressive robot Zer0, and you did a good job here - don't worry, I'll contact the League. Was my fault for not explaining things to you properly, though you'll obviously need to work on your heroic instincts~" Raising my communicator as my flames die down, switching out of battle-mode or whatever, I'm just about to contact them when I get Silver Bolt's message. Hmm... "Sorry, responding to a teammate, then messaging the league." Gotta keep my priorities straight, and Silver Bolt's managed to enable two of them. One, even if it's a sort of unconventional date, a stakeout with him could actually be a lot of fun - plus it's heroic, it's not the sort of thing many people but the two of us will ever get the chance to do. Second? I can upload some pics when we're done - don't want to compromise whatever Matthew's looking into - to both support the shipping team I like, and keep debate on my Twitter and facebook and unofficial fanforum active.

group txt with the Vigil posted:

I can make time, sounds fun.

group txt with the Vigil posted:

Btw everyone, was hoping to say this in person, but our communicators MAY be compromised so be careful with them until I get that fixed, doing so now.

Anyways, with that accomplished, time to help Zer0 out! Activating my communicator's speech function, I hit the button on it to dial directly to the League's base, wanting to report things to whoever's on monitor duty, or whatever they call it. "Hey, this is Flaire~ Got somebody the League may be interested in hero - this Zer0 person took out a gang," I give them a look, assuming they're a gang while moving on "With a pretty cool robot. Even planned out a team-up with me first, whole thing went as well as crime-fighting can." Man, I'm laying it on a little thick here... time to pull up. "Any chance of scheduling an interview or trial for 'em?"

<Rauri> Just in case it takes a provoke roll, Provoke League to accept Flaire vouching for Zer0
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7+3 = 10

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Cool, guess he's not going to apologize and just gush over Flaire. Let me tell you, getting attacked by other heroes gets old real quick. But I need him to figure out who sent that message so I keep quiet. Speaking of messages - looks like Silver Bolt wants us all to to observe the docks. But I still have to go punch the person that wrote the threatening message, so probably not a good time. Maybe later though? I guess we'll see.

Message to Silver Bolt posted:

Can't right now, will let you know when I'm available

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: In the Cityyyy

It's fuckin' weird havin' someone know. Especially with them knowin' the whole thing, with no gently caress ups. As far as Mithril tellin' people... I dunno if she would, I don't know her enough to say will or won't. And I don't know if I would even want her to. This whole 'someone knowing' thing is pretty fuckin' new to me, y'know? Yeah I told BB, but that was different, nothin' like this at all.

And now my communicator is losin' it's poo poo. Where is that fuckin' thing? Wow, three messages, look how popular I am tonight. Let's see... Firecrotch sayin' our communicators are bein' spied on, awesome, Dear Leader needs help with a stakeout, and Nock wants to hit a chop shop. Well as much as I adore Dear Leader, his thing sounds much less fun, so uh... no. Now I get to do one of my favorite things in the world, text. Joy.

Message to Silver Bolt posted:

cant tonight. got thing to do.

Message to Nock posted:

can do. might even bring some xtra backup.

So much joy. Wheee.

"Hey Mithril, wanna go bust a chop shop?"

Might as well ask her since she's already here, right?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: The Warehouse District

It looks like we ended our escapades in our combined mindscape at about the right time for a real text storm. I read Cuda's messages, then Flaire's, then Bolt's. What did I want to do? Well, obviously, I wanted to spend time with Cuda. On the other hand, if Bolt was asking everyone for help it was probably pretty serious. And then there was Tatsu! He wanted to go fight some dudes at a chop shop. Hm. Hmmmmm. What to do. I gotta say, this is probably the first time I've felt so popular! There was, of course, all sorts of thinking that I'd need to do on things with Damascus before we talked next, but that was definitely something for a different time and place.

I turn to Tatsu, an apologetic look on my face, "Sorry, Tatsu, I didn't bring any of my combat stuff since this party was supposed to be low-key. My armor and swords are sitting back at the base." I mean, yeah, it was a chop shop. I could probably do some work with the loose change in my bag and, like, a wrench or whatever I could scrounge up, but all the same... Well, I was putting a good face on things. You don't get force-fed someone's life story, especially one like that, and come out feeling like a champ. Add in my own stuff with Damascus and I wasn't exactly on top of the world. I kind of just wanted to have a good cry with Cuda, cuddle, and maybe try some of the booze I had lifted from the party on the way out with her.

I tapped a quick message back to Cuda. I didn't really think any of this was super controversial, but I kept things vague just in case.

@Barracuda posted:

Me and Tatsu just bailed. I think he's got some action planned after this, but I'm free. Anything sound good in particular?

I pulled a quick face and sent another back to Bolt. I felt really bad bailing on Tatsu's thing and Bolt's, but at some point you needed to just take care of yourself. Especially in this business.

@Silver Bolt posted:

Hey, Silver Bolt. I'm sorry, but I can't make it tonight. I'll be there tomorrow night if you still need an extra pair of eyes.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Yessssssssssssssssss!" I give a couple of fist pumps after getting something with the sword, and then wince. I know the first thing I'm going to ask Mithril to do if we do end up hanging out is a shoulder massage oh god I'm so soooooore. Wow my phone just blew up while I was trying to work out some of the pain on my own. Lets see... Someone is watching our communications, great, thanks for the warning. Ugh, those texts were way to flirty with Mithril. Oh well. And I feel sort of bad about ditching Silver Bolt after asking him to do a similar thing for me soon, but... I'm not really in much shape to do a stakeout and I want to spend time with my sort-of girlfriend.

@Silver Bolt posted:

Sorry, I can't do tonight. Caught a criminal on patrol but am a bit worn out. I think I can do tomorrow night though.
Ps. Have fun with Flaire ;)

Little bit of payback for the late notice on that one Flaire, if anyone is watching.

@Mithril posted:

Meet me back at the base then in twenty or so? Got something cool to show off to anyone around.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: In the Cityyyy

"Whatever. Need a ride back?" I ask as I toss the jacket at her.

No corn in my poo poo if she'd rather go fool around with her girlfriend instead. Yeah, I know she didn't say that, but I'm not blind. Only one kinda text puts that kinda look on people's faces. Gimme a little credit, y'know?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: The Warehouse District

I catch the jacket, "Sure. Thanks, Tatsu." I thumb a quick response to Cuda as I put it on.

@Barracuda posted:

Sure, sounds great! On my way back now.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

@Mithril posted:

See you there then!

Just got to get this girl turned in and head over.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Barracuda: before long, the police show up to take the . Based on the info you told them when you called it in, they also have some special mitts that should dampen her teleportation powers.

As you (carefully!) make your way back to the base with your new sword, you have anything else you need to do at the base? Also, do you actually consider yourself part of the team again, or is it just something you're putting up with because of Mithril?

Mithril, the ride back is uneventful, especially compared with what you just left behind. Any more thoughts on your... uh... issues with Damascus? Gonna talk to him about it?

Either way, you and Barracuda meet up without any more difficulties.

Tatsu: after dropping Mithril off, you head out to meet up with Nock. Once you follow the directions, you find him squatting on a nearby rooftop, overlooking an out of business gas station. When you join him, he doesn't turn, just waves a hand over his shoulder in greeting. He doesn't take his eyes off his prey while he talks. "Hey, glad you could make it." He adds, "No company?"

If you ask him what he's waiting for, he says, "Guy running the show isn't back yet. He's probably grabbing one last car for the night. He shows up, we roll the whole thing up, and leave a nice gift basket for the cops to pick up."

While waiting, he finally says, " By the way. Wildfire asked me to have a word with you." He shrugs, saying, "You know Wildfire. Pretty hands off. Just asked me to check and see how you were doing. Told him you were gonna say "Fine" to every question I asked, but he just gave me that blank look and eventually I just agreed."

"Alright, so let's get this over with. How was training with the Storm King? Learn anything, other than the fact he's a giant ham?"

Flaire: you're told that they'll refer him to Wicked Elegance, and she'll probably do a follow up interview with you. She has been a bit distant lately, so it might be good to catch up. Also, do you want to meet Silver bolt right away, and blow off your other meeting with Li Yinde? Or meet her first, then go do your stakeout?

Silver Bolt: well, you got one taker. Some team you got there. ...Maybe if you made it clear that it was more personal, you'd get a better response, but... hey... at least you got some alone time with Flaire, right? Maybe it's for the best?

Anyway, this isn't your first stake out, right? What'd you learn from the last one you went on?

Chimera: Flaire finishes being Flaire and you finish biting your tongue, Zer0 takes a look at the message and says, "Oh, well... this is kind of weird. It had to be sent internally. Like, from someone with access to the League's network. I could try and narrow it down a bit, but it's obviously someone who knows what they're doing." Zer0 asks, inquisitively, "Have you made any heroes mad lately? It doesn't have to be a gadget-y hero. Someone could have called in a favor."

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Nock, Nock, Nocking on the Chopshops Door

"Not this time. Decided to hang out with her girlfriend instead."

I get a decent chuckle out of his description of his 'talk' with Wildfire, he wasn't wrong.

"The one on one stuff went bad 'cause all I can really do is break things, but whatever. Learned the new girls can pull their weight and work as a team. 'Sbout it, honestly. And I think 'giant' is a bit of a huge understatement."

I look at Nock. "So how'd these idiots have the bad luck to grab your attention? Places like this ain't usually high profile enough to get found out by supers."

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: | Location: Late for a meeting

Hanging my communicator up, so to speak, I report the good news to both Zer0 and Chimera, certain they've both been waiting with baited breath to see how things will go - not that they need to have bothered, it's me we're talking about, of course the League took me seriously. "Good news Zer0," there's a trick to pronouncing the name with a zero instead of an o, but I've obviously managed it, "Wicked Elegance herself will be conducting your interview - I'll put in a good word for you, the two of us are tight." That's... I mean, she's definitely a fan of mine, but she's also on the League and I'm not - I still think I'm her senpai though.

Anyways, I have both totally helped out Chimera and Zer0, and now Zer0's solving our communicator problem - I'm not going to declare myself the world's best ever teammate, but I'll certainly go along with it after I've manipulated my fans into expressing that idea. At the very least, I have to get out of this grimy alley, leave the cleanup to these two, and head back to the base to meet with Li Yinde - I can get redressed to go meet up with Silver Bolt for his stakeout right after that. Summoning up some flames, I address the pair of heroes I'm with before rocketing off into the sky. "Got Vigil business, I'll see you two later!"

Flying back towards the base, this sure does beat taking the monorail. To be totally honest? I'm actually astounded no one else on the team is willing to back Silver Bolt up. Even if I wasn't dating him I'd totally have volunteered - we voted him leader of the team after all. Everyone's being ridiculously selfish. If we needed help, Bolt would be there, no doubt about it - and yet I'm the only one willing to do the same for him? I mean, after finding out whatever's so important to Li Yinde anyways... but that's for the team!

Regardless, I haven't just mastered flame-flight (gotta come up with a better name for that), I've totally figure out how to text while rocketing through the air towards our base at terminal velocity. I mean... as far as everybody but Silver Bolt knows, I'm a Phoenix person - seems like something they'd be able to do, so I worked on it.

txt to Silver Bolt posted:

Anything you want me to bring tonight to our stakeout? :D Hope rest of the team can manage without the pair of us looking after them for a single evening~

txt to Silver Bolt posted:

Be there asap, meeting with Li Yinde real quick.

Twitter Direct Message to Li Yinde posted:

Back to our base in a few minutes, hope I'm not keeping you waiting!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

"If you could narrow it down that would be helpful." I try to think of someone from the League who might hate me enough to do this, but no one comes to mind. "I have no idea."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

The only thing I need to do at the base is find a place to safely store my sword, but that goes after showing it off to Mithril! As for being part of the team... maybe. I do like pretty much every member of it now, except for one. If Mithril wanted to go duo I'd go with her, but for now, I guess I'm back to being part of the team. Not just because of her, but she's the main reason. And speaking of her, there she is!

"Heyyyy Mithril!" Not doing anything fancy due to my sore arms, I just walk over to her, slip my empty arm around her and go in for an enthusiastic kiss. "Love that video," I say when I finally pull away, grinning broadly. "And come take a look at this!" We don't have a proper training room in the base, but we do have a room big and empty enough to work as one. Heading in there, I show off the sword a bit, making a few careful cuts in the walls and floor. "AND I can use it to cut portals open - or I will be able too after I practice more, I almost managed to make a rift earlier, but the thief was doing it all over the place before I got it from her. Cool, huh?" I steal another kiss and take a few more cuts at the air. "So how have you been?"

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Home, Sweet Home!

The ride back gave me some time to really think through what I had seen. Tatsu's past, certainly, but also some of the issues that apparently lurked deep inside my own mind. It was pretty heavy stuff. Stuff that, to be honest, I had thought that I'd worked through. If there's one thing I know about mental issues like this, it's this: You can't just bury it and hope it goes away. I'll need to talk to him soon, but... Well, I don't want to hurt his feelings either, you know? I know that he's been doing his best. He was tough on me, sure, but that's necessary when you're training a psychic like me.

I mean, not to get all Flaire on things, but I am one of the most powerful psychics of our generation. Bad things could have happened if things didn't go the way they did. That, apparently, doesn't change how I feel deep down. So, anyways, it's a whole thing. I need to wrap my head around how I want to approach things before starting that conversation. Before I know it, I'm watching Tatsu burn off into the distance and seeing Cuda walk in. She looks a little beat up, but happy. And has a lightsaber. Huh, that's cool. I basically melting into her arms at this point — or I would have been, if I hadn't seen the wince when I sank into her embrace.

The saber is very cool — I don't know that much about laser swords, but I know enough about gadgetry to know that it's a pretty potent piece of gear — and it makes me really happy that Cuda is so excited about it. She seems a little down, though, so I should probably cheer her up. That's a good thing for a girlfriend to do, right?

I smile, "Well, I survived a party with Tatsu. It was fine, didn't get jumped by the sharkman mafioso I tangled with at the docks last month. Things got a little tense with Tatsu when he started getting needled by that laser guy, though, so there was uh... Well, he basically dared me to see his past." My smile fades a bit. "It's pretty bad. Kind of get where he's coming from now, I guess, even though he's still a complete rear end half the time. And... uh... I saw some me stuff too. Things I thought were in the past."

I don't really know what to say from there. I mean, half of my deep-seated fears and pains are about accidentally learning her secret identity. Definitely going with Damascus's advice on that one for now. The other half, well... I hug her close. I just don't know what to do. When I came on, everyone thought I was this League hotshot. I knew that a few thought I was going to end up being a real elitist. All I know now is that I'm so confused. I love being a part of this team. Really, I do. But am I ready for it? Can I handle it? I can't even stop myself from invading Cuda's — Susanna's — privacy.

I say, "So, you know, great." That's what I was aiming for, anyways, but I burst out in tears halfway through instead.

quote:

8:08 AM <Tricky> Mithril comforts Barracuda!
8:08 AM <Tricky> !R 2d6+3
8:08 AM <Krysmbot> Tricky, 2+3 = 5
8:08 AM <Tricky> D:

Gettin' that snek eyes potential!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Freak: 0 / Danger: +0 / Savior: +1 / Superior: +1 / Mundane: +1
Potential: 5/5! / Conditions: ANGRY

One reply.

Guess I know who my real friends are. Friend. Is.

I hadn't said why, but I shouldn't have to. I shouldn't have to explain why. I should have just been able to count on them. But I guess that was too much to ask.

I headed for the docks and tried not to think about it. Flaire was coming, that'd be enough. I didn't really want to tell anyone else about Mom anyway.

Next time someone asked me for help though, I'd really have to think about it.

I hadn't been on a lot of stakeouts. (Heh, stake-out.) The last time had been when I'd been watching this one corner at night. There'd been a lot of weirdness there, I guess. The lightpost was going on and off and people were getting chased by a really ugly dog. So I found a good spot and watched out for it. I didn't really like letting all the normal people walk by while I waited for something bad to happen, but I was by myself so I didn't have much choice.

For two days nothing happened. Totally boring. I got a lot of homework done. On the third day though, the dog appeared. It wasn't a normal dog. Normal dogs don't breathe fire and have glowing eyes and drool acid.

I was hoping this stakeout would go a little better than me ending up hanging from a tree branch for hours waiting for dawn.

Stupid Hellhounds.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

"Why would you even do that, a party with Tatsu sounds like hell." And I know a thing or two about hell. "Oh. Well... figured he didn't have a happy backstory since he's such a git, but eh, he's still an rear end in a top hat about it." Oh, and he managed to drag up some of her baggage, great, I'll be sure to thank him for that next time I see him. "Oh no, do you want - hang on," I hurriedly set the lightsaber down, trying to make sure it doesn't accidentally fall through the floor, then wrap my arms around my girlfriend and squeeze her tight. God, Tatsu is going to get so much crap for this! "Hey, what's wrong? You can tell me," What should I do here? This isn't how I pictured our night going at all, and I don't think I'm being very comforting. "Listen, whatever happened, remember you're great, I've been thinking about you all week, it's been torture not getting to hang out with you."

[14:14:29] <GodFish> comfort Mithril
[14:14:31] <GodFish> !r 2d6-1
[14:14:32] <Krysmbot> GodFish, 8-1 = 7
[14:14:37] <GodFish> ....thank you influence :V
potential, condition or label if you open up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Potential: 3/5 | Conditions: None! | Location: Home, Sweet Home!

This was not a graceful cry. This was, to be completely honest, an ugly cry. I buried my head in her shoulders and sobbed for a bit, reassured by her arms around me. Eventually, I managed something that sounded like, "Villain party, thought he needed backup." Plus or minus a bunch of sniffing. I took a deep, if ragged, breath and slowly exhaled, "Sorry, Cuda, it's just..." God, I wanted to tell her. I wanted to tell her so much. But if she didn't understand, it would break my heart. I don't think I could take it. Especially not tonight. "Damascus stuff. I could show you, if you want. Might be easier than explaining it."

Taking that potential!

• Locked thread