Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

https://youtu.be/ZgSBKQueFH4

Is better removal method and the blowjob line is classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

There's a guy who was trying to get booked in at our shop on Monday who had tried to do home tattoo removal with acid. Needless to say it did not work out so well.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

moerketid posted:

There's a guy who was trying to get booked in at our shop on Monday who had tried to do home tattoo removal with acid. Needless to say it did not work out so well.

Pics goddamnit!

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Field Mousepad posted:

Pics goddamnit!

There was actually a pic in the shop WhatsApp group. It's not super dramatic or anything because it's not a fresh wound - he did this months ago and then got it covered by a crap artist, and is now looking at getting it all fixed:

You can guess how it looked when he just did it, though. If you can't spot it, it's next to the eye.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

moerketid posted:

There was actually a pic in the shop WhatsApp group. It's not super dramatic or anything because it's not a fresh wound - he did this months ago and then got it covered by a crap artist, and is now looking at getting it all fixed:

You can guess how it looked when he just did it, though. If you can't spot it, it's next to the eye.

Yeah, that still needs a proper cover-up.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah, that still needs a proper cover-up.

You mean like a shirt?

take me to the beaver
Mar 28, 2010
Where did his nipple go?

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!

Foot tattoo guy strikes again

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Hate Fibration posted:

That tattoo tells a brave story of Leonidas, King of the Spartans, going west to open a gay nightclub in San Fran called "The Hot Gates".

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

DumbparameciuM posted:

That tattoo tells a brave story of Leonidas, King of the Spartans, going west to open a gay nightclub in San Fran called "The Hot Gates".

The best part of this story is that it's on brand for the Spartans.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Hate Fibration posted:

take me to the beaver posted:

Where did his nipple go?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

It's a really, really effective cover-up.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Leonidas' armpit.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Leonidas' nipple is in his own armpit? I'm so confused.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

Leonidas' nipple is in his own armpit? I'm so confused.

Maybe it was just the translation we used but I remember in the Iliad reading all the battle scenes and every wound that conceivably could be was described in relation to the nipples. Like a dude wasn't struck "in the abdomen," he was stabbed "below the nipples."

That's stuck with me for like fifteen years now so I just needed to get it off my nipples, y'know?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I don't recall any good tattoos that have outlines on the forms. Tattoo artists have the same hangups with lines as traditional artists, I guess. They set up outlines like a coloring book. I would ask an artist about their shading skill and only after I verified there were no outlines in their past work. If I heard anything short of enthusiasm for art I'd run.

So it's the patrons I find the most interesting. I imagine some people get bad tattoos not just for the price but because they are on first name basis and like playing the role of a good customer? The ink in my skin is poo poo but man greg is cool as hell

I watched an episode of the tattoo show with Dave Navarro and one of the artists openly admitted their shading and gradients were bad. How strong is tattoo culture that a tattoo artist like that makes it on television? Shading and gradients can be learned. That's almost completely neglect of their craft.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Elsa posted:

I don't recall any good tattoos that have outlines on the forms. Tattoo artists have the same hangups with lines as traditional artists, I guess. They set up outlines like a coloring book. I would ask an artist about their shading skill and only after I verified there were no outlines in their past work. If I heard anything short of enthusiasm for art I'd run.

So it's the patrons I find the most interesting. I imagine some people get bad tattoos not just for the price but because they are on first name basis and like playing the role of a good customer? The ink in my skin is poo poo but man greg is cool as hell

I watched an episode of the tattoo show with Dave Navarro and one of the artists openly admitted their shading and gradients were bad. How strong is tattoo culture that a tattoo artist like that makes it on television? Shading and gradients can be learned. That's almost completely neglect of their craft.

Ink Master is such a trainwreck of a show they always have to pull in some serious dregs just to fill out the cast. I wouldn't use it as a standard for tattooing as a craft, or rather I wouldn't use anyone that wasn't obviously picked by a producer and so far above half the people there it's ludicrous that they're even competing.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Elsa posted:

Look at this guy and his lovely opinions about tattoos

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Elsa posted:

I don't recall any good tattoos that have outlines on the forms. Tattoo artists have the same hangups with lines as traditional artists, I guess. They set up outlines like a coloring book. I would ask an artist about their shading skill and only after I verified there were no outlines in their past work.

Can you, uh, show some pictures of what you mean?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

DumbparameciuM posted:

The slogan on the door says "One at a time, please".

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.
Huh, I always thought that the semicolon tattoos were on colon cancer survivors who had partial colectomies. :v:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Elsa posted:

Sir, this is a McDonald's drive-through.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Elsa posted:

Lmfao

"Here's a very detailed reason about what's wrong with all of tattoo artists. Oh, me? I'm not a tattoo artist at all, I just have lovely tattoos.

*breathes in deeply the smell of my own poo poo*"

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I feel as though I might've said something wrong

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Oh poo poo it's FrozenPussy! I thought I recognized that posting style. You getting a tattoo of one of your naked Disney characters?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Hate Fibration posted:

"Bay Area" is a really loving lame thing to put on a tattoo. I know what the bay area is but why would you not put "San Francisco" instead? Here's my tattoo of the NYC skyline you'll notice it says "Greater New York City including Queens"

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
That's gotta be an intricate Photoshop though right? Dude hasn't got any nipples

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

ZombieJesus posted:

That's gotta be an intricate Photoshop though right? Dude hasn't got any nipples

Maybe he lost them in a tragic belt sander accident. Don't judge.

Weatherwax
Aug 17, 2008

I know this was last page, but I love love love scrawny, pimply white guy.

And he's just so god drat proud of that horrible thing on his chest too.
How can you not just want to hug him, like the mother that so clearly threw him out should have done, and then buy him all the beers in the world, just to see what tattoo he would get next?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Hate Fibration posted:

The Legend of Johnny Low-nips is born.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
New theory. It's actually a trans man who got rid of their nips as a part of top surgery. Subject of chest tat is intentionally gay as gently caress.

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!

there wolf posted:

New theory. It's actually a trans man who got rid of their nips as a part of top surgery. Subject of chest tat is intentionally gay as gently caress.

Naaah, I knew the guy in high school. Apparently you can see the nipples in some of the posts on snapchat. I don't want to download snapchat to find a man's nipples.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
You can see the areolas peeking in at the bottom, but why does it look so incorrect

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

sweeperbravo posted:

You can see the areolas peeking in at the bottom, but why does it look so incorrect

Because he's Johnny Low-nips.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

blarzgh posted:

Because he's Johnny Low-nips.

Surely it's Nipplow

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Hate Fibration posted:

Dude is going to lay waste to SF, backed only by his gigantic pangolin.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I like how the spartan has low nip on his left side too.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

Foxhound posted:

"Bay Area" is a really loving lame thing to put on a tattoo. I know what the bay area is but why would you not put "San Francisco" instead? Here's my tattoo of the NYC skyline you'll notice it says "Greater New York City including Queens"

Because bay area refers to a bunch of separate cities(SF, Berkeley, Oakland, etc) and maybe they love all of them because they have bad taste. gently caress I hate the bay.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I love the Bay Area and hate LA with the heat of a thousand suns. I still wouldn't get a tattoo like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

DumbparameciuM posted:

The Hot Gates: where you can always find 300 men.