Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Peachfart posted:

My favorite thing about Costco is that I don't have to care about shopping.
Its not like when I go to the grocery store for spaghetti sauce, and have 30 different options at various prices and most of them are probably garbage. At Costco I have 1-2 options, and I know they are good and cheap because Costco only sells good stuff.

OTOH shopping at Costco for anything remotely perishable takes some thought. Am I going to be able to use a gallon-sized spaghetti sauce jar before it goes bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Kelp Me! posted:

OTOH shopping at Costco for anything remotely perishable takes some thought. Am I going to be able to use a gallon-sized spaghetti sauce jar before it goes bad?

Spaghetti sauce freezes very well, so yes, you can.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kelp Me! posted:

Off the top of my head, a couple of the Kirkland beers are actually brewed by the same company that makes Saranac. I know that at Trader Joe's, their hard cider is brewed by Woodchuck.

I think Kirkland vodka is the same way.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Kelp Me! posted:

I always just assumed Kirkland is their private-label brand, AKA they don't actually make anything, just rebrand other stuff, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Kirkland kosher hot dogs come from the same factory as actual Hebrew Nationals.

Off the top of my head, a couple of the Kirkland beers are actually brewed by the same company that makes Saranac. I know that at Trader Joe's, their hard cider is brewed by Woodchuck.

Most Kirkland brand stuff is from known manufacturers, but they keep who pretty secret. A good hint is if they sell a competing item of a regular brand. Prob same manufacturer. As for meat, they decided it was cheaper to just build a meat plant. Most of the cut meats come from there in bulk and fine cut at the warehouse.
There are also multiple Optical Depots where they make their own glasses lenses, and Pharmacy depots that handle the bulk prescription stuff.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Kelp Me! posted:

I always just assumed Kirkland is their private-label brand, AKA they don't actually make anything, just rebrand other stuff, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Kirkland kosher hot dogs come from the same factory as actual Hebrew Nationals.

No they actually bought a hot dog plnt so they wouldn't get chiseled

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I like these 32 Degrees tees for layering and they were $5 a two-pack there today, they're stretchy and breathable. Sorry you can't eat them, breaking pages of edible talk. :coffeepal:

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i wore those 32f tees like every day when i was in iceland under a flannel and never got cold, they own. the long sleeved ones though not the short sleeved ones

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
What's the stink factor like on those tees?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i was able to get 2-3 days out of them before they got rancid

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The closest Costco is forty miles away. Absolutely unacceptable.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Uniqlo has a similar thing but for a lot more expensive ($7-9 per shirt for the long-sleeves) but the Extra Warm ones are loving awesome for layering. Gonna have to give the Costco ones a shot.

Meydey posted:

Most Kirkland brand stuff is from known manufacturers, but they keep who pretty secret. A good hint is if they sell a competing item of a regular brand. Prob same manufacturer. As for meat, they decided it was cheaper to just build a meat plant. Most of the cut meats come from there in bulk and fine cut at the warehouse.
There are also multiple Optical Depots where they make their own glasses lenses, and Pharmacy depots that handle the bulk prescription stuff.

It's a drat good plant then because their meat department is great for both cold cuts and actual steaks, etc.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
LOL Costco Meat Factory

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...!4d-121.5306808

Its in Tracy, not Mira Loma

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Meydey posted:

Pretty sure they are still Kosher, but yeah they use the Kirkland dogs now.
The meat plant is in Mira Loma, CA and make hot dogs for US/Canada.

Don't ever go to a Canadian Costco food court. Jacket Potatoes, Meat Sandwich, Poutine
Costco-sized poutine?? :stare:

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Oh hell yeah

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Holy poo poo chicken tendies and fries?? daaaang

I got a 1.50 hot dog last weekend. My friend texted to say I should have gotten pizza but she's a vegetarian so she has no say in this matter

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Thinkin bout Costco.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
jealous of the fries. although those tendies seem a bit expensive for costco food, they must be good.

Always a bit confused why the hot ham and turkey costs so much when they practically give you hot dogs and chicken bakes for free. I guess because of the assembly required? I dunno, who am I to question Costco

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

maniacripper posted:

^^^^ Liquor too!

Don't forget the 4 pounds of Jelly Bellys for 14 bucks (less if its on sale in the add)

Then one time they had giant loving bags of Hi-CHew for like 8 bucks or something, so much value it blew my mind.

I like the big tub of jelly bellys and it lasts me a year

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Tato posted:

jealous of the fries. although those tendies seem a bit expensive for costco food, they must be good.

Always a bit confused why the hot ham and turkey costs so much when they practically give you hot dogs and chicken bakes for free. I guess because of the assembly required? I dunno, who am I to question Costco

The hot dogs will never change price (at least as long as Jim Sinegal is alive). The other food is real priced, it just looks expensive next to the dog. I personally would like a chili add-on option to the hot dog for like a buck for a scoop or so.

Costco History fact: The cafes were called "Cafe 1.50" when they were originally opened. Everything was $1.50. Also the hot dogs were sold from an actual cart with wheels.

Bedevere
Jun 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
My Costco serves a fine smoked brisket sandwich topped with an excellent slaw for $5 and change. It's a pretty decent sandwich.

Went there Saturday night at 6:45PM - place was fairly empty while we shopped and the food court was making everything fresh to order. The ham and turkey is 100% made of stuff they sell in the store, so you could make your own if you are so inclined. They even told em what they used.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Costco also has two giant chicken plants for the other item that will never change in price... The rotisserie chicken, which is better than anything in the food court.

Also my Costco stocks spaghetti sauce in 3/4 packs of normal jars so sucks to be you guys.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
I could eat a rotisserie chicken every week for the rest of my life. Very easy to get 2+ meals for 2 people out of 1 chicken. It's like a mini Thanksgiving each time I get one.

I know why they don't, but it would be awesome if they had them ready to go at the food court for $5.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Meydey posted:

I could eat a rotisserie chicken every week for the rest of my life. Very easy to get 2+ meals for 2 people out of 1 chicken. It's like a mini Thanksgiving each time I get one.

I know why they don't, but it would be awesome if they had them ready to go at the food court for $5.

At my Costco, you have to go through the entire store to get to the back with the paper towels and chickens.

That's how they get you, man.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I went to Costco last night, might go again tomorrow.

I switched from Irvine to Laguna Niguel. Very positive move. This one is not nearly as crowded, and never a line for gas.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Dely Apple posted:

At my Costco, you have to go through the entire store to get to the back with the paper towels and chickens.

That's how they get you, man.

Employee secret to saving money at Costco: Don't get a cart. Can't buy too much if you don't have a cart. The chickens do get hot though.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FogHelmut posted:

I went to Costco last night, might go again tomorrow.

I switched from Irvine to Laguna Niguel. Very positive move. This one is not nearly as crowded, and never a line for gas.

Lucky, they're remodelling or doing some construction work at the gas station for my costco , which was already gigantically busy as poo poo store and has to be a top 10 for busy-ness already, and now the gas line is loving retarded and loops all the way around the street almost to the other entrance. i've basically just paying an extra quarter/gal at a local corner gas station than wait easily 30+ minutes to save maybe $2

I wish they would build a second one nearby, there's plenty of demand to keep 2 super busy all the time. I don't go as much as I used to because even showing at up 9:20am on a saturday it's already packed as gently caress before the doors even open now a days.

also i bought some jerky from costco called chefs cut or something, it's garbage. it's like gummy-consistency and has poo poo sweet flavoring. how do you gently caress up jerky??

Xaris fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 5, 2017

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Xaris posted:

Lucky, they're remodelling or doing some construction work at the gas station for my costco , which was already gigantically busy as poo poo store and has to be a top 10 for busy-ness already, and now the gas line is loving retarded and loops all the way around the street almost to the other entrance. i've basically just paying an extra quarter/gal at a local corner gas station than wait easily 30+ minutes to save maybe $2

I wish they would build a second one nearby, there's plenty of demand to keep 2 super busy all the time. I don't go as much as I used to because even showing at up 9:20am on a saturday it's already packed as gently caress before the doors even open now a days.

also i bought some jerky from costco called chefs cut or something, it's garbage. it's like gummy-consistency and has poo poo sweet flavoring. how do you gently caress up jerky??

They close off half the parking lot at Irvine for the gas line during rush hour. Its insane. I've never been more than two cars back at this other one.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The one I go to is right on the NY/NJ border so even Costco's crazy low gas prices pale in comparison to crossing the border 5 minutes away into NJ and paying like $.60 less per gallon, so thankfully the gas station never disrupts the parking situation.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

binge crotching posted:

I've only seen them in Asia, but they are so good that I keep hoping they'll show up in the US at some point.

At the Austin costco I go it's like 1/3 asain and still no bulgolgi bake. Got the presauced stuff at the deli though and that is a good quick dinner fry with some stir fry veggies and a handfull out of the giant rice bag.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Eating a hot dog at Costco right MFern now. Got a 2 pack of giant bottles of chollula for 7.99 how in the gently caress can you even compete

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Thinkin bout Costco.

I read this thread in the AM, texted a friend this morning, and he went for lunch.

What a world.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I read this thread in the AM, texted a friend this morning, and he went for lunch.

What a world.

Agreed, thinkin bout a trip to Kirkland on Sunday myself :D

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
What is the deal with the Costco hot dog vs the Costco Polish dog? I don't think I've ever even seen a hot dog at my store. Don't know why you'd want one of them skinny dawgs when you could have the satisfying girth of a Polish.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

meet girls at the store posted:

What is the deal with the Costco hot dog vs the Costco Polish dog? I don't think I've ever even seen a hot dog at my store. Don't know why you'd want one of them skinny dawgs when you could have the satisfying girth of a Polish.

You can't deep throat girth.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Jesus Christ posted:

You can't deep throat girth.

Maybe you can't :colbert:

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

meet girls at the store posted:

Umm, they are the same size? (grabs ruler and heads to the food court)

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Meydey posted:

"Sir your penis is not a membership card"

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Meydey posted:

It's darker, so it looks bigger

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I have a dream, that one day men will be judged not by the size of their hot dog, but the contents in it's casing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Powershift posted:

I have a dream, that one day men will be judged not by the size of their hot dog, but the contents in it's casing.

If those contents are fresh onions, deli mustard and relish. Well my friend, you got yourself a Costco sized deal.