Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

purple death ray posted:

Like most of these people are probably learning about this on tumblr and the caption definitely doesn't say "apply light pressure to the sides of my neck for a few seconds, daddy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
"Purple death Ray" huh?

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Goa Tse-tung posted:

variation on a classic:

I honestly can't decide if r/relationships is the worst thread, or the best thread. It's just so constantly a shitshow and certain posters are so predictable. The derails are far far longer than any of the content from reddit. But I can't look away

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

trapped mouse posted:

I honestly can't decide if r/relationships is the worst thread, or the best thread. It's just so constantly a shitshow and certain posters are so predictable. The derails are far far longer than any of the content from reddit. But I can't look away

That wasn't even r/r!

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Subjunctive posted:

That wasn't even r/r!

oh my god

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

trapped mouse posted:

mock threads get like that, it's unfortunate but the content of this one is consistently hilarious and thanks to the subject matter the predictable posters are always blundering into making terrible confessions about their hosed up lives so that stays funny too. It's not like the old tvtyropes mock threads which eventually degenerate into earnest discussion of why liking turn-based RPGs is inherently racist

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

earnest discussion of why liking turn-based RPGs is inherently racist

I tried to come up with a reasoning behind that, but to no avail. Do you have an explanation or a link?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Appropriating Japanese turn based RPG culture?

(stupidest sentence I've ever written, right there)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Phil Moscowitz posted:

You can see what appears to be a recessed light can between the beams and he is talking about loving with drywall in the kitchen in order to install his retarded bracing. So I think that is over his kitchen lmbo.

Give it a couple of weeks and we're going to have another goon with a basement pool.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

System Metternich posted:

I tried to come up with a reasoning behind that, but to no avail. Do you have an explanation or a link?
it's archived but as far as I can tell they were playing Chinese whispers starting with "RPGCodex and No Mutants Allowed are bad places" and that was the eventual conclusion. These threads eventually eat their own and it was a dark time for the forums

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

it's archived but as far as I can tell they were playing Chinese whispers starting with "RPGCodex and No Mutants Allowed are bad places" and that was the eventual conclusion. These threads eventually eat their own and it was a dark time for the forums

Heh, Chinese whispers.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Is that a racist grandma name for Telephone or something?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

ITs what the Chinese call the game Telephone

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Sixto Lezcano posted:

Yes, that is exactly what it is.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I thought Chinese whispers is the term for the insulting white people under your breath after they place an order

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Karate Bastard posted:

nah, if they didn't saw through anything electrical or piping or load bearing lol they're fine.

First they sawed through the floors load bearing i-beams, then they got to work on plumbing and wiring, so um ok

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Syd Midnight posted:

First they sawed through the floors load bearing i-beams, then they got to work on plumbing and wiring, so um ok

he was talking about his friends and their window you dum dum

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Some other guy's friend and their window, but yeah :)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

mock threads get like that, it's unfortunate but the content of this one is consistently hilarious and thanks to the subject matter the predictable posters are always blundering into making terrible confessions about their hosed up lives so that stays funny too. It's not like the old tvtyropes mock threads which eventually degenerate into earnest discussion of why liking turn-based RPGs is inherently racist

I like mock threads, but they absolutely do disappear up their own asses after a couple hundred pages. Just for fun, try dropping in on page 1000 or so of a mock thread mocking something you don't particularly care about. It's like they're speaking a different language. (In my case, trying this with the Xbone thread was an eye-opening experience and not in the way they'd expect)

I used to post in r/r but I had to quit because the in-thread drama rivaled the content and it was exhausting

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

loquacius posted:

I used to post in r/r but I had to quit because the in-thread drama rivaled the content and it was exhausting

:same: When poo poo gets too mock outrage or people start personalizing its like welp im out

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

loquacius posted:

I like mock threads, but they absolutely do disappear up their own asses after a couple hundred pages. Just for fun, try dropping in on page 1000 or so of a mock thread mocking something you don't particularly care about. It's like they're speaking a different language. (In my case, trying this with the Xbone thread was an eye-opening experience and not in the way they'd expect)

It was a lot better when there was a whole backlog of outlandish stories to pull from instead of like, the mundane poo poo on the frontpage. There was a good run in there when we picked keywords to search for instead of just posting the new stuff.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

you sort of got the sense people were looking at reddit posts and seeing the face of the ex who broke their heart

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
lol why do you think I even starting reading /r/relationships in the first place???

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It was a lot better when there was a whole backlog of outlandish stories to pull from instead of like, the mundane poo poo on the frontpage. There was a good run in there when we picked keywords to search for instead of just posting the new stuff.

All mock threads turn to poo poo when there isn't an influx of new content. Mods should probs just lock the threads when hey get like that, and tell them they can remake the thread in a month or two.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I guess no one here has seen Elsa's comics from the R/ Relationships thread. They're loving hilarious.

Elsa was completely bonkers but then started only posting illustrated R/Relationship stories and did the most amazing worst to first since Mermaid Shelly.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I guess no one here has seen Elsa's comics from the R/ Relationships thread. They're loving hilarious.

Elsa was completely bonkers but then started only posting illustrated R/Relationship stories and did the most amazing worst to first since Mermaid Shelly.

That sounds like the kind of funny forums quote I would like to see posted in the funny forums quotes thread!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

fool_of_sound posted:

All mock threads turn to poo poo when there isn't an influx of new content. Mods should probs just lock the threads when hey get like that, and tell them they can remake the thread in a month or two.

There's a pretty good stream of content, but people have their reactions instinctualized at this point, so the conversations converge quickly.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

loquacius posted:

That sounds like the kind of funny forums quote I would like to see posted in the funny forums quotes thread!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Post the Lego one

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

purple death ray posted:

Post the Lego one

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Jesus Christ Elsa those are fantastic!

What's up with the legos though?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
amazing :bravo:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Ok, that thread is good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

oldpainless posted:

ITs what the Chinese call the game Telephone
They call it a Royale With Cheese.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

yeah that's the poo poo :golfclap:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Now that's a funny quote!

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

On the subject of veteran music industry legends Smash Mouth:

Nooner posted:

how much do you think you make as roadie for a band that hasnt been relevant since their song appeared in the first Shrek movie?

Adar posted:

you'll never know if you don't go

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Sixto Lezcano posted:

It's just the normal name for it that everyone uses in Australia (and judging from the Wikipedia article, probably lots of other places that aren't America).

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Something being used in Australia just makes it more likely to be racist.

Australia is inhabited solely by savage mega-racists whose burned leathery skin constantly spurts out rivers of sweat to keep the swarms I flies that follow them at bay. Flies that would otherwise burrow deep into their skin because the swamplike flesh of the Australian is the perfect place to pay eggs.

Source:
The Proposition, Wake in Fright and Crocodile Dundee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FreudianSlippers posted:

Something being used in Australia just makes it more likely to be racist.

Australia is inhabited solely by savage mega-racists whose burned leathery skin constantly spurts out rivers of sweat to keep the swarms I flies that follow them at bay. Flies that would otherwise burrow deep into their skin because the swamplike flesh of the Australian is the perfect place to pay eggs.

Source:
The Proposition, Wake in Fright and Crocodile Dundee.

Please don't compare the people of Queensland's outer suburbs to the rest of us, thank you.

Seriously, the place is like Australian Florida.