Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Mighty Mouse break Silva's defense record?
This poll is closed.
Yes 35 28.93%
Umm, yes 36 29.75%
Yep 12 9.92%
yeh 38 31.40%
Total: 121 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh man what has Toni Valtonen done this time? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

chaleski posted:

*watches Angela Hill and Jessica Andrade have a FOTY contender*

Tsyni posted:

I didn't catch the last Invicta card, but the three previous ones I watched were better than some UFC events.

wmma isn't unwatchable or anything but there is no need for hyperbole

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
fight of the year lmao

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Nunes brutally beating up Ronda was cool af.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Nunes brutally beating up Ronda was cool af.

this is true but we also need to consider that if you took every wmma fight that's happened in the ufc that was considered cool by everyone except lwb you could watch it all in less time than a standard feature film.

it's getting better, but we're definitely still in the phase where the most i hope for out of a typical wmma bout is 'not terrible' and it fails this expectation as often as it surpasses it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

WMMA is getting better at a decent clip but it's never going to be as good as it could or should be if you pull the rug out from under it. It's only going to get better when you keep incentivising it.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

if you hate WMMA but like heavyweights you are a hypocrite of the highest order

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CarlCX posted:

people need to chill out on this subject because a lot of really stupid poo poo is being said in defense of wmma that is actually making lwb's point stronger, and his point is not good.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

CarlCX posted:

hahahaha holy poo poo

Marching Powder posted:

people need to chill out on this subject because a lot of really stupid poo poo is being said in defense of wmma that is actually making lwb's point stronger, and his point is not good.

It's okay to be a fan of different fighters, and you can enjoy or not enjoy WMMA. Just remember, arguing on the internet will never change anything.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I like fights

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I like fights

Same

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bundt Cake posted:

is wmma good?

generally ... needs a bit more money in it

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Work Friend Keven posted:

Let's agree that they're all pretty good but worse than Connor Mcgregor.

Who is somehow worse than Nate Diaz.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

WMMA is getting better at a decent clip but it's never going to be as good as it could or should be if you pull the rug out from under it. It's only going to get better when you keep incentivising it.

This is a weird complaint, because it's true of literally everything. You think Baseball would attract the kind of freakish talent it does if A-Rod wasn't on a multi-hundred million dollar contract and was just doing it for the love of the game or whatever? Baseball is a sport so loving boring to play that even people making a fortune to play it are on amphetamines in order to pretend to be interested.

kensei posted:

hahahaha holy poo poo

It is an absurd comparison, because I can't think of any WMMA fighters who are as bad as Phil DeFries, who has a win in the UFC, alongside several increasingly absurd losses.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Snowman_McK posted:

This is a weird complaint, because it's true of literally everything. You think Baseball would attract the kind of freakish talent it does if A-Rod wasn't on a multi-hundred million dollar contract and was just doing it for the love of the game or whatever? Baseball is a sport so loving boring to play that even people making a fortune to play it are on amphetamines in order to pretend to be interested.

most female mma fighters have a regular job since theres no minimum salary. the same thing happens in womens cycling. there are a few really talented people competing in both sports but the general level of competition is low because of a lack of money and good training prospects. which in turn limits the people with the most talent because generally you can only be about as good as the people you compete against. so a little money is necessary if you want to have high level sport

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

most female mma fighters have a regular job since theres no minimum salary. the same thing happens in womens cycling. there are a few really talented people competing in both sports but the general level of competition is low because of a lack of money and good training prospects. which in turn limits the people with the most talent because generally you can only be about as good as the people you compete against. so a little money is necessary if you want to have high level sport

I know. This was my exact point. The level of talent in other sports is high because there's a shitload of money and fame associated with it. It's not unique to WMMA.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
I like when fighters on the main card of a PPV don't have a wikipedia page

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Lmfao u guys are right, I can't wait to watch...*checks* Cynthia carvalho vs pearl Gonzalez , hopefully the winner ends up.on dancing with the stars

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
Why does every embedded start off with traffic noise

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Lmfao u guys are right, I can't wait to watch...*checks* Cynthia carvalho vs pearl Gonzalez , hopefully the winner ends up.on dancing with the stars

hahahahahaha

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Snowman_McK posted:

It's not a complaint but yeah, you're probably right.
I know gently caress all about roidarm though so the rest means nothing to me.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Memento posted:

In more important news, RIP to Chris Weidman's weight cut, after he was seen on Embedded Vol. 3 eating french toast with maple syrup four days before the fight.

Aren't cheat meals pretty important to maintain high metabolism during a weight cut?

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

Wild Horses posted:

Aren't cheat meals pretty important to maintain high metabolism during a weight cut?

No. they aren't

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
It's a few days out and who knows what his weight is, but usually it's not good to be consuming large amounts of sugar

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

It's a few days out and who knows what his weight is, but usually it's not good to be consuming large amounts of sugar

super super loving fat

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
More like WideMan

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Haha. Lord Waffle Beard's powers are incredible now.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

as long as he's on weight he can eat whatever he likes before he starts pissing and sweating out the remaining percentage. i'm sure there are intangible benefits to getting to eat french toast instead of your half a cup of spinach or whatever the gently caress johny has to eat at gunpoint.

nice av dan, i hardly recognised you.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

nice av dan, i hardly recognised you.

HINT: The bad posts are an immediate giveaway.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i said hardly man drat

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Haha.

I fully support athlete's eating whatever they want, but the last time we all talked about this it was Khabib eating Tiramisu right before he almost died and Pettis eating steak and egg and being murdered by a guy that sort of looks like a child's drawing of himself..

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm gonna be really bummed out if Weidman gets beaten up yet again

I mean he's facing good fighters but three losses in a row will be sad

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I've no problem for wmma on PPV cards when it isn't the main event, at least that way I don't have to wait until the end to take a dump

Why do you hate women?

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
man these athletes need to learn some self controA WAFFLEBEARD POST MUST DROP SICK BURNS

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

tumor looking batty posted:

Why do you hate women?

I love women, just not watching them fight

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Fozzy The Bear posted:

You guys are right, the new mod is good and fine.

jesus christ shut the gently caress up you moron

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Why do you want to poo poo on people who do want to watch it? What do you get out of that?

Fat Twitter Man posted:

jesus christ shut the gently caress up you moron

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

...and the pitch! posted:

Why do you want to poo poo on people who do want to watch it? What do you get out of that?

Watch it if you want, but if you think that fight should be on ppv then lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Jojo Gonzalez vs crazy becky Hernandez was fight of the year

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Watch it if you want, but if you think that fight should be on ppv then lol

OK. So the answer to why you want to poo poo on people who do like wmma tho?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bad fights get PPV placement all the time

• Locked thread