Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Mighty Mouse break Silva's defense record?
This poll is closed.
Yes 35 28.93%
Umm, yes 36 29.75%
Yep 12 9.92%
yeh 38 31.40%
Total: 121 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
don't bite on LWB's wmma gimmick, you dweebs. and don't bite on my gimmick when i say that everyone at 205 should be force-fed pancakes to the point of morbid obesity and then go kickbox retired sumo wrestlers in japan because it would be a better athletic spectacle than the current lhw division

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Bad fights get PPV placement all the time

Like the last main event.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I like this idea that the fights between men are mostly interesting contests between competent looking competitors. How much of this sport do you actually watch?

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

El Roncho posted:

I like this idea that the fights between men are mostly interesting contests between competent looking competitors. How much of this sport do you actually watch?

If you watch mma and don't realize that the men are several steps ahead of women skillwise, and have mich more power then idk what to tell you

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
For sure put a horrible wmma fight on the main card I am very excited to pay money to see it. WMMA is as good as real mma because I love decisions and footwork and boring lovely fights

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Rashad Evans has been on like 15 PPVs but y'all are complaining about women. Some shameful bullshit itt.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Remember when people paid $50 to $60 for Main Event Faber/Barao

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Saying that there are sometimes boring fights when men fight is a stupid argument

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Also faber vs Barao is a million times better than the carvalho v Gonzalez , same with the most recent fight ppl are trashing Thompson Woodley 2

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Also faber vs Barao is a million times better than the carvalho v Gonzalez , same with the most recent fight ppl are trashing Thompson Woodley 2

Quoting for posterity.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I can't imagine preemptively declaring any given upcoming fight between unknown people is going to be a million times worse than Woodley vs Thompson 2, no matter what my preconceived notions of their skills are based on their gender. That takes dedication

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Those were also main events and dumber fights. And 15 PPVs for one guy who has consistently lovely fights isn't sometimes, especially when there are a ton of dudes out there who are almost guaranteed to be boring. The fact that y'all single out women is pretty stupid when the UFC does woeful garbage like put two TUF Brazil finale fights on a main card.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
clearly patrick cumming should be on the ppv main card instead of a couple of girls

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Women's fights are frequently not good but they're definitely capable of being amazing. the highs are high and the lows are frequent

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Ugh they're using volume and pressure to compensate for their lack of power? I'm disgusted and will post about it ceaselessly.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
I hope they play the WNBAs greatest dunks during baba o'riley this wekend

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
There's a few girls that are pretty good. Like Joanna J

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
I want a 265 wmma division.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Down Right Fierce posted:

I want a 265 wmma division.

A division of just Waffle Beard?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

A division of just Waffle Beard?

Whoaaaaaa

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
ufc 149 was hector lombard's fault

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
To me it's completely crazy to say wmma is not exciting... they could pop out of their tops at any moment.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Keven, unshackled.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
When you have 2 of the 3 least populated divisions that have had 2 of the 3 fewest number of fights in 2017 (and I assume this has held for previous years), I'm pretty sure it's hard for those fighters to consistently train at a high level and also fight enough to get better

maybe

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
LWB protest spotted

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

To lighten things up, here's Makwan and his lil pup, King

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSibH80jOJb/

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

kimbo305 posted:

LWB protest spotted

Dykes on bikes. Cool description of most wmma fights

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Wait a minute, Rose is the goon hyped fighter we all want to gently caress? I thought it was Brandon Thatch.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I'm more excited to see Joanna Champion crush Jessica Andrade then I am Cormier v Rumble.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

kimbo305 posted:

LWB protest spotted

Isn't ankle biters just short people

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

I thought it was a catchall term for children

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe it means midgets?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

Brain Curry posted:

Wait a minute, Rose is the goon hyped fighter we all want to gently caress? I thought it was Brandon Thatch.
Alan Jouban

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Usually refers to either Kids aged 1-4 or Small dogs

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Chris the Shitman Weidman is back with another poop story

http://uproxx.com/sports/chris-weidman-pooping-himself-story/

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Gay Horney posted:

I thought it was a catchall term for children

Oh yeah

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

Chris the Shitman Weidman is back with another poop story

http://uproxx.com/sports/chris-weidman-pooping-himself-story/

Is this the worst one so far? I think so.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Why doesn't everyone love this Square skulled frat man who thinks the only interesting thing about himself is times he did poopoo.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

watching Dan Kelly beat up Rashad was cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Wmma is occasionally good, but usually not

• Locked thread