Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

got some chores tonight posted:

the council has convened and we have chose to execute slumburger

he will not have my vote.

If we get to day 2 my vote may shift but for now I am not giving up.

also chores you should revote inf.

Dick Bastardly posted:

Inf's "content" may be off the mark most of the time, but I think it can lend to provoking thoughts.
this is really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
sorry i cannot

before when i first post voted infi w/o reading my role pm and infi almost got turbo'd to death it could be interpreted as a demonstration of my influence and power but now that ive stepped down from the vote and switched to other targets if i switch back now its basically an implicit acceptance of your hegemony and i cannot allow that

a chores will never kneel to an ecco

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
chores if you do not vote for infinitum I will destroy you.

you know I am more powerful than you, do not take this threat lightly.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ecco we get it

U vape

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

chores if you do not vote for infinitum I will destroy you.

you know I am more powerful than you, do not take this threat lightly.

id rather die on my feet than live on my knees

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
*Ecco poison's Capt Chores meal tonight*

Sweet dreams..heh heh...

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Second Mate's Log: Day 11
+++++++++++++++++++++

Woe is me, woe is me indeed! When I had first conceived of this mission and devised the astral projection spell necessary for it, I knew there would be unforeseen risks. But at the time I was perhaps a little more concerned about the potential benefits. "Oh, to be young again...!" I'd mused to myself for hundreds of years. "To possess my youthful passion...!" Alas, even to be middle-aged again is proving almost too much to handle. Didn't I long ago swear to myself never to repeat the mistake of falling in love?

Last night I finally worked up the courage to recite my poem about Espanya to Somberbrero. I knew she heard it because I yelled "This is a poem for Somberbrero, my heart's heart!" or something to that effect, and I know for a fact she was somewhere on the deck. But when I finally spotted her out in the crowd, imagine my horror to see her engrossed in a rapt conversation with Infinitum, as if nothing had happened! I was devastated, nay, ruined! A poem that I had spent over three minutes and two rewrites of my own time and energy, just cast off into the void with no one save Johan to hear...

I wish I could say that was the end of it. I wish I could say that I went back to my cabin and spent the rest of the night stewing about what Infinitum may have that I did not. Was it his burly muscles, attached to a decidedly non-middle-aged pair of arms? Was it his shared background of also being shipwrecked? Could the two have been lovers on their previous voyage? And how did the other shipwrecked woman, 100yrs, fit into all this? Yes, I wish I could say that I spent the night pondering whether 100yrs and Somberbrero might be jilted lovers of Infinitum, but alas, my night did not proceed that way.

Instead, I witnessed what I can only describe as the ultimate betrayal! Slamburger, who I'll admit I had begun to think of as a comrade of sorts, an unlikely friend despite his rank advantage over me and despite being a considerably younger man, had secretly been spending his time writing his own tribute to Somberbrero! Yes, even as I told him of the progress I had made on my epic four-line masterpiece, he plotted how best to upstage me, not with a poem but with a full-fledged love-letter! Oh, how Somberbrero swooned when she received it. "The writing is marvelous," she exclaimed. "Did the cat help you write it?" Slamburger's smirk was infuriating!

I confess, I spent the entire rest of the night tossing and turning, turning and tossing. Was I wasting my time pursuing the fickle attentions of Somberbrero, whose eyes would always be somewhere else? How did Infinitum have so many jilted lovers while I, a mighty wizard, could not find a lover to jilt? Was I better off diverting my attentions to the more attainable, and possibly friendlier 100yrs? How would I slay the mighty Slamburger, who was so determined to take what was mine? And finally, how would I get myself one of those "star boards" I kept hearing about? Sleep would not come, but the same cannot be said about woe.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

tl;dr

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

id rather die on my feet than live on my knees

I'd rather be a surviving coward than a murdered fool.

nah that's not true I totally got beheaded as Mira Forrester, I respect your moxie chores, but again I am not making an idle threat. just understand I can and will undo you if you do not vote for infinitum. however you decide, be sure it's an informed choice.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Dick Bastardly posted:

100, is the chance that you may be doing scum's bidding by mislynching Inf an acceptable risk to do a favor for a friend?

What is your take on Ecco's alignment so far ?

Do you think Ecco's beef with Inf is reasonable?

No it's not worth that risk, but there's no real guarantee that we are/aren't mis-executing infinititum and today is D1 which is often a crapshoot, but worst case scenario you get a lot of information out of this vote, so that mitigates that quite a bit I'd say.

I don't like Ecco's inactivity but that's generally excusable. I think they're fine. I'm not convinced they're town, but when I find someone to be neutral you can say I lean town cause I'm just a natural optimist.

I do not think Ecco's beef with Infinitum is reasonable, but that's their business.

EccoRaven posted:

I am sorry you have been mislead as to why I am voting for infinitum. It is not because I have a specific "beef" with him, I don't know who would have ever characterized it that way.

I am voting for him because he's a lovely player and he needs to leave.

I did actually think that figured into it. But more the better if it doesn't.

EccoRaven posted:

100yrs is town, his posting sounds weird because he's been in France for so long, it otherwise doesn't sound like anything unusual for how he normally types.

Ok seriously though, is my English really getting that bad? Because that scares me and I don't want that to be the case. I've always had a somewhat stilted way of speaking/writing because I read a lot (of old books) and I have the tendency to use somewhat dated language, but if I'm just starting to speak incomprehensibly and using French-isms in my speech then it worries me in a big way.

I don't want my English to become a gross parody.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Scratch that. It terrifies me.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ecco I know you have the hots for me, but I just don't feel the same way.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
The chores/Ecco exchange feels fake to me.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

infinitum's avatar is too big

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

infinitum's avatar is too big

That's what she said

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Dick Bastardly posted:

youre fake

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Dick Bastardly posted:

it's a meeting of peers.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Scratch that. It terrifies me.

you sound more like a native french speaker who is fluent in English rather than the other way around. I wouldn't worry about it, language is a very fluid thing, if and when you move back to America it'll switch back after a few weeks or months probably.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Oh yeah? Well... YOUR NOT MY REAL DAD, SO THERE!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

it's a meeting of peers.

you sound more like a native french speaker who is fluent in English rather than the other way around. I wouldn't worry about it, language is a very fluid thing, if and when you move back to America it'll switch back after a few weeks or months probably.

That's really not a comforting thought. Believe it or not, I've actually always been pretty pleased with my rhetoric, both spoken and written, and though I accept that language shifts this really seems like a downgrade to me. I can't imagine what my Spanish must be like. This is what I get for avoiding English speakers like the plague around here, in the efforts to learn French (also ex-pats and I don't see eye-to-eye on many things, generally speaking). This is only going to get worse too because there's no moving back in my future.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm not feeling the Slamburger push.

It's two joke-votes and a me too.

The only case on Slamburger I can gather that has any basis in his/her posting is his/her initiation of the flavor discussion. I'm not sure the direction that burger tried to go in with that thought made him/her look good, but there are more posts that look like burger contributing to scum-hunting. There just aren't any votes that have a clearly defined case or thought out reasoning behind them. All in all, I'm leaning town with burger and disagree with the basis of the push so far.

I think TNL has more to read into about flavor than anything that came about from burger's post. To be clear, I'm not reading TNL one way or the other on alignment, but I can say that there's a theme with TNL's posts that I'm picking up on. I just don't know what to make of it yet.

I think Ecco and 100 are possible scumbros, with chores rounding out the bottom of that list. Ecco inviting 100 along to vote with her seems to be a way of distancing their relationship to one another, and how 100 had explained his/her vote as a favor to Ecco feels like more back-handed distancing.

Chores is more of a gut feeling for me, coupled with avoiding my questions, it doesn't sit well with me. I'm willing to admit that this my just be a tunnel forming because chores is difficult to read. My vote was probably impulsive and lacking a solid foundation at this time.

I just don't buy Ecco's sincerity in regard to the Inf dunk. I think if Ecco is playing to town's win condition, then she'd whether out the storm of Inf's bad posting and put more effort into actual scum-hunting rather than a policy dunk.

##vote Ecco

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

There's no way I'm voting inf. I'd rather vote out chores

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Dick Bastardly posted:

I just don't buy Ecco's sincerity in regard to the Inf dunk. I think if Ecco is playing to town's win condition, then she'd whether out the storm of Inf's bad posting and put more effort into actual scum-hunting rather than a policy dunk.

you're making a lot of bold claims here that aren't substantiated by reality.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Dick Bastardly posted:

I think Ecco and 100 are possible scumbros, with chores rounding out the bottom of that list. Ecco inviting 100 along to vote with her seems to be a way of distancing their relationship to one another, and how 100 had explained his/her vote as a favor to Ecco feels like more back-handed distancing.
this entire paragraphs is nonsense by the way. "they're distancing from each other by very visibly colluding."

this is not a sensible position to take.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

whats your question dingus

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with you on Slamburger. I still don't really get the case against them.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

EccoRaven posted:

this entire paragraphs is nonsense by the way. "they're distancing from each other by very visibly colluding."

this is not a sensible position to take.

On the contrary, it's the way in which the collusion is portrayed. The actual collusion is occurring in the scum doc, so a facade must be fabricated to give the illusion that non such collusion has occurred.

Ecco: "Do me this favor in which it is visible in this here thread that I am asking this of you and you will agree of your own accord, having no ties to me in any way"

100: "yes, I shall agree to do you this favor while simultaneously acknowledging the fact that this push is not necessarily contrived on a notion of a pro-town play, I mean... it's possible Ecco is scum and I'd be saddened by the betrayal of trust if Inf flips town"

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Is that how I should start talking to be better understood?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm not feeling the Slamburger push.

It's two joke-votes and a me too.

The only case on Slamburger I can gather that has any basis in his/her posting is his/her initiation of the flavor discussion. I'm not sure the direction that burger tried to go in with that thought made him/her look good, but there are more posts that look like burger contributing to scum-hunting. There just aren't any votes that have a clearly defined case or thought out reasoning behind them. All in all, I'm leaning town with burger and disagree with the basis of the push so far.

I think TNL has more to read into about flavor than anything that came about from burger's post. To be clear, I'm not reading TNL one way or the other on alignment, but I can say that there's a theme with TNL's posts that I'm picking up on. I just don't know what to make of it yet.

Chores is more of a gut feeling for me, coupled with avoiding my questions, it doesn't sit well with me. I'm willing to admit that this my just be a tunnel forming because chores is difficult to read. My vote was probably impulsive and lacking a solid foundation at this time.

##vote Ecco

yikes

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

100YrsofAttitude posted:

:iceburn:

Ecco and 100 colluding in a scumdoc to get 100 to play in a way easily perceived as scummy seems unlikely to me, FWIW.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

whats your question dingus

See below:

Dick Bastardly posted:

pmom's explanation makes perfect sense for me. I wasn't really thinking about how Inf's likely future posting factors into it, I was more concerned with the push itself. Do you think I'm too easily persuaded?

Dick Bastardly posted:

chores, why did you vote Infi? 'Tis a simple request for a simple answer.

Dick Bastardly posted:

There's a reason I didn't just throw down a vote. We have plenty of time to discus which is what I think we should do. All I said was I'd vote and/or hammer if it looked like that's the way D1 is going. I think Pmom's explanation was good.

chores, moat

What are your opinions of Pmom's reasoning?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Dick Bastardly posted:

Ecco: "Do me this favor in which it is visible in this here thread that I am asking this of you and you will agree of your own accord, having no ties to me in any way"

100: "yes, I shall agree to do you this favor while simultaneously acknowledging the fact that this push is not necessarily contrived on a notion of a pro-town play, I mean... it's possible Ecco is scum and I'd be saddened by the betrayal of trust if Inf flips town"

this is not how scum talk to each other. nobody talks this way.

Scum communicate with each other outside the thread but never inside it. If they ever mention another scum player it is indirectly - talking about someone else's case, or talking about some other aspect of the game that only incidentally addresses their scumbuddy.

This is because, subconsciously, scum know that they don't need to communicate in-thread. If they want to collude they just do it OOT. Likewise scum are afraid of connecting themselves in-thread to another scum player, since they know, very reasonably, if either of them ever die, the obvious connection is the next step.

It's a nonsense opinion, DB. If you think 100yrs is scum that's great, and if you think I'm scum too, oh well, but connecting us before either of us have flipped (and even worse making that the focal point of your vote!) is not good play.

And I know something about good play. (Vote infinitum.)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

:smug:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

a swing and a miss.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ecco please it's 3:30am

Stop sending me nudes via pm

It's like you're obsessed with me or something

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Infinitum is a SAINT.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

EccoRaven posted:

this is not how scum talk to each other. nobody talks this way.

Scum communicate with each other outside the thread but never inside it. If they ever mention another scum player it is indirectly - talking about someone else's case, or talking about some other aspect of the game that only incidentally addresses their scumbuddy.

This is because, subconsciously, scum know that they don't need to communicate in-thread. If they want to collude they just do it OOT. Likewise scum are afraid of connecting themselves in-thread to another scum player, since they know, very reasonably, if either of them ever die, the obvious connection is the next step.

It's a nonsense opinion, DB. If you think 100yrs is scum that's great, and if you think I'm scum too, oh well, but connecting us before either of us have flipped (and even worse making that the focal point of your vote!) is not good play.

And I know something about good play. (Vote infinitum.)

The first bold portion of text above is the same reasoning why I have my theory about you and 100's exchange in regard to the Inf push.

The second bold portion of text above is not true as demonstrated below:

EccoRaven posted:

##vote Ecco

This is the focal point of my vote (nice try though)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I will admit the first point (about you and 100's interaction) is a bit WIFOMY but I still stand by it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Dick Bastardly posted:

This is the focal point of my vote (nice try though)
then I'll address that, too.

I would pursue a policy vote regardless of my alignment :eng101:

there I hope this helps you.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Dick Bastardly posted:

I will admit the first point (about you and 100's interaction) is a bit WIFOMY but I still stand by it.

You understood and agreed with the logic when I explained it to you, but now you're voting Ecco for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

if you dont already know i cant help you

• Locked thread