Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Done! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

AJ_Impy posted:

Cacophony of Godlets has now successfully concluded, and can be moved to the 'Complete' section.

A novelization from the viewpoint of the mortals involved would probably be quite amusing. Especially the Boozicorns.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

Static Dreams

The entire world is collectively having the same dream they simply can't shake that has profound affects on national security, culture, and even religion. There's no sign it will stop and the entire world seems directionless as it falls into chaos.

Difficulty: You are President Donald Trump

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Tree game is done. Going to be running a Shadowrun game next. Might start up a feudal lord sim while I'm at it, haven't decided for sure yet.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Been ruminating on a political fantasy empire game for a while and decided to post it.

The Four Part Kingdom

As for the other two CYOA's I tried I think the wrestling one was dead on arrival when it didn't quite take off like I'd hoped. The Warhammer one still has the possibility I might come back to it but it's on indefinite hiatus for the meantime.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Static Dream thread seem to have died, I will continues its legacy in-

A strange new world demands a great leader to guide its people, and maybe others to glory and greatness. Such insurmountable task can only be succeed by the greatest man in the world, and using his wits and unique demeanor, he shall shape the fate of both modern and fantasy world forever!

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,
Joy to him who has understood,
Delight to those who have listened.

- Hávamál
Viking Game Re....quel?

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Nyaa posted:

Static Dream thread seem to have died, I will continues its legacy in-

A strange new world demands a great leader to guide its people, and maybe others to glory and greatness. Such insurmountable task can only be succeed by the greatest man in the world, and using his wits and unique demeanor, he shall shape the fate of both modern and fantasy world forever!

lol the game is back. Sorry folks.

Two is better than one!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

LMAO, His Donaldness' golden glory is too great for one CYOA to contain :smugdon:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Do I smell the opportunity for a CYOA crossover?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

You either merge or compete. It is the way of capitalism.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Nyaa posted:

You either merge or compete. It is the way of capitalism.

I'm going to finish my thread and make you pay for it.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

mugrim posted:

I'm going to finish my thread and make you pay for it.
I will keep sending illegal spy into your thread and steal all your work before you can finish the thread.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
Poe's Folly

A short CYOA that I hope will get folks thinking by the end of it.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Fragile Gods is :siren:DONE!:siren:

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Just started a new CYOA based on an old Dogkisser setting (Lord of the Tower) aptly called The Lady of the Dungeon.
Players make a character and join in as somewhere between five and seven "Deepdelvers" who delve deeply into a dungeon lured only by the promise of Their Hearts Desire.

Can you make it to the end? Are you truly worthy? Why don't we find out together?!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Updated! :D

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
New survival based CYOA- Alone in the Woods .

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3827667

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I finally ripped off the bandage and starting writing for something I've been wanting to do for 10 years - a Shadowrun 4E-based CYOA

Also, for anyone still wondering, A Life of War is not coming back. I have petitioned five times for it to be unarchived, and the mods don't want to or keep forgetting, and it dawned on me that I actually feel pretty good about ending it with Quint's sacrifice. I'd like to thank everyone who has collaborated and participated over the years - Men who are united in the Emperors duty are blessed in his sight and shall live forever in his memory! :shobon::hf::black101:

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
I started a life-sim/fantasy politics/divine vigilante CYOA.

Hopefully people will actually be interested and I won't mess things up horribly due to inexperience.

I would really appreciate it if someone could add it to the OP.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Added! :D

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
I have a cyberpunk thing sitting in preview and I'm kinda scared to post it. Never done this kinda thing before and I dunno if my writing and ideas'll be up to snuff :ohdear:

Any advice?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Have Blue posted:

I have a cyberpunk thing sitting in preview and I'm kinda scared to post it. Never done this kinda thing before and I dunno if my writing and ideas'll be up to snuff :ohdear:

Any advice?
1. Never give an option you don't want people to take. Whatever option you least want them to take, they will.
2. Start simple, with a single strong throughline, and let the details flow from what feels natural out of the discussion and choices.
3. Have a plan, but don't be afraid to deviate from it. A lot.
4. The greatest weapon in a gamewriter's arsenal is player speculation.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Sep 17, 2017

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Well it's up: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3834520

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

1. Never give an option you don't want people to take. Whatever option you least want them to take, they will.
2. Start simple, with a single strong throughline, and let the details flow from what feels natural out of the discussion and choices.
3. Have a plan, but don't be afraid to deviate from it. A lot.
4. The greatest weapon in a gamewriter's arsenal is player speculation.

5. Expect them to write-in the option you didn't want them to take even though you left it out.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

super sweet best pal posted:

5. Expect them to write-in the option you didn't want them to take even though you left it out.

6. For god's sake, have an ending in mind, or at least an exit for yourself so it's not an interminable slide towards failure

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

super sweet best pal posted:

Let me tell you about my game that is still stuck at the beginning because of write-in.... :clint:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Starting a game where you are sent to another fantasy or MMO world. An attempt at the popular Isekai genre.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Nyaa posted:

Let me tell you about my game that is still stuck at the beginning because of write-in.... :clint:

All you have to do is let us learn Noodle-Fu and we could move on.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Game:

System: Homebrew - roll 1d100 and add your roll to your allies in the horde. Roll high for glory in combat, roll low to be a garbage failure.
Format: PBP/CYOA
Players: Up to 100! The Horde begins one hundred strong, though mostly they're NPCs. As people join - any time in the game, mind you - the faceless mooks that have been there the whole time turn out to have been PCs! This also means if you die you can just take up another slot - and you probably WILL die.
Description: Alright maggots, get your rears in gear! The Horde needs your warm bodies to defend the sacred kingdom of Tö! Throw yourselves up against the savage Fröman hordes and save your country... or die in glorious battle! Individuals play as members of the Horde, and take actions in battle or in preparation that will influence the fate of the Horde itself. Players ALSO get to vote on the Horde's strategies in a weirdly non-digetic manner, regardless whether they currently have a character in the game or not. Any number of people can join, as many times as they want (though only one active character at a time), and post as much or as little as they want. If I feel like updating, I'll just roll for stragglers, so the game won't slow down due to player truancy.

Also, you look like this:

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Dog Kisser posted:

Game:

System: Homebrew - roll 1d100 and add your roll to your allies in the horde. Roll high for glory in combat, roll low to be a garbage failure.
Format: PBP/CYOA
Players: Up to 100! The Horde begins one hundred strong, though mostly they're NPCs. As people join - any time in the game, mind you - the faceless mooks that have been there the whole time turn out to have been PCs! This also means if you die you can just take up another slot - and you probably WILL die.
Description: Alright maggots, get your rears in gear! The Horde needs your warm bodies to defend the sacred kingdom of Tö! Throw yourselves up against the savage Fröman hordes and save your country... or die in glorious battle! Individuals play as members of the Horde, and take actions in battle or in preparation that will influence the fate of the Horde itself. Players ALSO get to vote on the Horde's strategies in a weirdly non-digetic manner, regardless whether they currently have a character in the game or not. Any number of people can join, as many times as they want (though only one active character at a time), and post as much or as little as they want. If I feel like updating, I'll just roll for stragglers, so the game won't slow down due to player truancy.

Also, you look like this:

25/100 now. It's filling up fast. :getin:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Game Room could use a CYOA tag so people can see which are active at a glance.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Game: [Blake Island School of Magic]
Format: CYOA
System: Shadowrun
Description: Former professional author writes about three teens from varied troubled situations mixing with corporate princes and princesses as they learn how to control their magic. As teens from complicated backgrounds they're like hand grenades if have grenades had emotions and opinions. Where a really bad day means that someone might be incinerated in a fit of anger, or may accidentally incinerate themselves. Teens with magic are scary. Most posts are around 2000 words and it's well on its way to growing to novel length. It's in the world of Shadowrun, so I'm mixing near(ish) future with urban fantasy. I try my best to explain what Shadowrun actually is so you don't need a ton of knowledge to understand. Mix Blade Runner with Tolkien but more magic and you're not too far off. Not Hogwarts.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Thanks everyone for running all these good games.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Leaving a link here to a Pirate CYOA. Follow this link to A Pirates' CYOA for me!.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Leaving a link here to a Pirate CYOA. Follow this link to A Pirates' CYOA for me!.

:aaa: Pirates? Sign me up.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

A slowly coalescing Discord for the Tradgames CYOA crowd is forming here.
https://discord.gg/97PkqpN
Seeking channel suggestions, channel name suggestions, etc.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Kings County is a game about four strangers trying to figure out what's wrong with the city they moved to. Each has a reason to be there and each may find their death chasing a life or trying to escape. Their paths will probably never cross but they're all seeing the same city from different angles. Based on parts I liked from Condemned 1 and 2.

Format: CYOA
System: Delta Green newest edition.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
So, I started a new game which isn't really a CYOA in any way, but I don't know where else to announce it. It's an experimental sci-fi government sim.

I know there have been vaguely similar games in this sub-forum before, so does anyone here know where I can find players interested in this sort of thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Uhh, maybe 40k reader from the cyoa, star track fan and civ player?