Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Lewis Carroll!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011
Huey Lewis?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Wendell posted:

Lewis Carroll!

:doh: stupid brain fart.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

cubeboy posted:

Can someone explain what the gimmick was with the rainbow in the episode?

It's the logo for Ametalk, a popular late-night variety show. Arino had to finish by 9:30 in order to appear on it.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Kakaricho posted:

It's the logo for Ametalk, a popular late-night variety show. Arino had to finish by 9:30 in order to appear on it.

Ah, that must've been shot before the Game Center Geinen episode of Ametalk I watched the RAW of a couple days ago. Fun episode, too.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Ah, that must've been shot before the Game Center Geinen episode of Ametalk I watched the RAW of a couple days ago. Fun episode, too.

The day of, actually.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

That's what I meant, yeah.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Apparently there's GCCX News and a big announcement on tonight's episode.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kakaricho posted:

Apparently there's GCCX News and a big announcement on tonight's episode.

Are we talking, like, a tub of Häagen-Dazs size announcement?

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Vermain posted:

Are we talking, like, a tub of Häagen-Dazs size announcement?

Arino said he didn't get excited about the Mario Maker live challenge because they didn't give him ice cream, so we'll see if they learned from their mistake or not.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The GCCX news was that the game store they filmed movie scenes at closed last December. They visited again, and the store staff gave them all their games and systems, including a Famicom modem.

The big announcement was that Yuuko Takeda, the usual segment narrator, is leaving Fuji TV, and thus, the show.

More once I get to work.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Dammit :cry:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kakaricho posted:

The big announcement was that Yuuko Takeda, the usual segment narrator, is leaving Fuji TV, and thus, the show.

Ah. Well, we've been through this one already.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

Ah. Well, we've been through this one already.

It's for good this time though, not just maternity leave.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Ugh. I only hope they get a different replacement; I really didn't like the announcer who filled in last time.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The show pulls off a three-peat with amazing eye-catchers.

http://i.imgur.com/0NfOIzN.jpg
(Spoiler picture)

"Announcer Takeda, thank you for fourteen years!"

http://i.imgur.com/v2Mj7Hl.png
(Spoiler picture)

AD for the day.

For the first time since Season Seven, a game spans two seasons.

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 17, 2017

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kakaricho posted:

For the first time since Season Seven, a game spans two seasons.

I feel like that's not as big of deal now that a season break is everyone taking a month off instead of Arino goes off to shoot another show for a while.

Dr. Furious
Jan 11, 2001
KELVIN
My bot don't know nuthin' 'bout no KELVIN
There's a sub out for 194 - Wizards and Warriors

https://mega.nz/#!VYwSBJDa!7ly4oYZeQR-R0hTYAPYHcUqGTUSjR3sGlS5ZFq7ns98
https://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=909672

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Interesting. LC(-GCCX) does ring a bell, IIRC he /they did a few episodes and Nintendo challenges translations some time ago.

I have no idea what they're going on about on the comments so I'll leave it at that. Gotta check out the episode, though.

e: I can't quite put my finger on as to why, but it feels like it's a bit harder to follow the the subs on that release. I get that they were trying to match the color on the original japanese text on the sub, but for me, the white text is a bit disorienting.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Mar 20, 2017

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Either way, good fun to watch a new gccx episode after a bit of a lull, good arcade segment too :)

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

TeaJay posted:

Interesting. LC(-GCCX) does ring a bell, IIRC he /they did a few episodes and Nintendo challenges translations some time ago.

I have no idea what they're going on about on the comments so I'll leave it at that. Gotta check out the episode, though.

e: I can't quite put my finger on as to why, but it feels like it's a bit harder to follow the the subs on that release. I get that they were trying to match the color on the original japanese text on the sub, but for me, the white text is a bit disorienting.

I think the subs are slightly too fast.

FWT THE CUTTER
Oct 16, 2007

weed
On GCCX Raws I also found that they've added the SA-GCCX subs to better quality raws for three episodes, which I at least didn't know about. Good to get some better quality for those subbed eps :) Here they are if anyone's interested: Gimmick, Tant-R, Super Mario Land.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
I vastly prefer SAGCCX's work, but hey: new subs are new subs!

And thanks, CUTTER, for the links to those upgraded videos. That's very cool, and if anyone spots more of those, please link them in here. :cool:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

About the Wizards & Warriors episode itself: I thought the "younger female staff member" gimmick got old pretty fast. They just kept repeating it over and over.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode, including that part, though it may of course be grating to some in that it is a bit sexist, but that is Japan.

Jakespeare
May 10, 2013
Oh this is awesome! I had almost gotten rid of all the remaining GCCX in my system, and this new episode is the hit I needed to get addicted again :> Thanks for sharing~

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

xamphear posted:

I vastly prefer SAGCCX's work, but hey: new subs are new subs!

And thanks, CUTTER, for the links to those upgraded videos. That's very cool, and if anyone spots more of those, please link them in here. :cool:

I have to second this, watching the HD version of Tant-R is like watching a whole new episode as well.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

I feel like that's not as big of deal now that a season break is everyone taking a month off instead of Arino goes off to shoot another show for a while.

True, that and the "the show might be cancelled next season!" vibe has died down.

Herb Stencil
Oct 22, 2012

Bonafide Homosaxual
Hey, I know this is a long shot but does anyone remember the game center Arino went to that had a bunch of F-Zero AX machines? I'm going to be visiting Japan in two weeks and I was hoping to get to play them/maybe see some of the cool little spots that have been on the show.

lunchtabler
Feb 29, 2016
I found this Google Map some time ago (might be listed in the first post of this discussion, or on the one on NeoGaf) with all (or most) of the TamaGe places from the first 12-15 seasons: https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1RheuJNtSyvUxyHvAFE-wp8pVQpA&hl=en_US&ll=29.96323533992253%2C124.38809099999989&z=2

The list is mostly in the order of episode airings – which episode was the F-Zero AX in?

When I went a few years ago, I found an AX standup cabinet in Akihabara, maybe at the Club Sega? Of course, it wasn't working, so I played Crazy Taxi instead. Take some pictures if you find a machine!

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Does anyone have the LC-GCCX files Excitebike 3D and Super Metroid Part 3? None of the links here are getting them to me and I figured someone might could just toss them on a Dropbox or something.

Edit: The torrent for Super Metroid finished so the only one I need is Excitebike 3D.

Bonus edit: Excitebike 3D finally finished, so it looks like it only took like 3 days for a 126 MB file to download. If anyone needs either of them let me know.

Boco_T fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 5, 2017

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Fun tidbit: Arino is a recruitable character in the new Kairosoft game, Pocket Arcade Story.

Chosen
Jul 11, 2002
Vibrates when provoked.

Nickoten posted:

Fun tidbit: Arino is a recruitable character in the new Kairosoft game, Pocket Arcade Story.

Oh my, I love both kairosoft and Arino.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Nickoten posted:

"Huh? You haven't heard of us?"

Ouch. Is this what the kids call "rext"?

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
I wonder if yoiko's other comedian gets jealous for all the attention Arino individually gets for doing Game Center CX.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Hamaguchi is definitely kept in the loop, as evidenced by Game Center DX. Here's the episode where he plays Breath of the Wild for Nintendo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdiKzCzLdpo

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

I would love to see some gcdx subs at some point (even if of poor quality), because I will say that even without really understanding what he is on about Hamaguchi has a delivery which makes it sound funny anyway.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Explosive Tampons posted:

I wonder if yoiko's other comedian gets jealous for all the attention Arino individually gets for doing Game Center CX.

Keep in mind, we're giving you a very narrow view of things. Hamaguchi does all sorts of things, too. I don't think he has any solo project as successful as GCCX (which in fairness, is more cult success than giant hit), he's not the Garfunkel of the duo by any stretch.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
There are times in Tamage where people ask Arino where Hamaguchi is, or say Hamaguchi's catchphrase to him ("totta-do" which I've translated as "I caught it," "I done caught it," "catch of the day," etc. dangit Hamaguchi, please get a catchphrase that's easier to translate).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
May I suggest tutturu~