Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

deathbot posted:

I can feel it. I can feel the "Die." through the screen.

WW match-making is awful, I'm either up against whales who crush me with 100,000+ difference or people who out-do me by 100+ combo but can't match my extremely lucky aqours teams. I swear I'm 1st or 4th every match.

I got matched with the (then) 3rd ranked person in a match earlier this week, and I got failstratted. Like holy poo poo, how much do you need to whale for gems in order to failstrat to 3rd (now 4th, last I checked) place?

Also, Score Match Ranking is super confusing. I still don't understand how it works...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

deathbot posted:

I can feel it. I can feel the "Die." through the screen.

WW match-making is awful, I'm either up against whales who crush me with 100,000+ difference or people who out-do me by 100+ combo but can't match my extremely lucky aqours teams. I swear I'm 1st or 4th every match.

It's still that bad at 17k MMR. My strategy is now "get lucky during off hours, earn enough that you can just step away and aim to bond cards with LP instead".

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Anyway, anyone know what's up with the colored names?

I hadn't seen those before today actually, but I just saw a green earlier.

I did get crossed-out person the other day (not a very good screencap, someone had just abandoned the match so I had to grab it just after hitting OK to that)

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Polsy posted:

I hadn't seen those before today actually, but I just saw a green earlier.

I did get crossed-out person the other day (not a very good screencap, someone had just abandoned the match so I had to grab it just after hitting OK to that)

subscript kanji

That idk, because it doesn't show up in the name field, and there shouldn't be enough space for sub/super

But color seems straightforward enough. [rrggbb]. Donno if it actually will let you use the whole spectrum though…

this is the first hit on google for バンドリプレイヤ名

Presumably further down the results is other weird crap you can do to your name.

yeah here y'go

Looks like straight-up bbcode lol (no close tags, which is great for space reasons)

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Apr 8, 2017

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

graybook posted:

Minor haul from Anime Boston!

The Aqours cord figure turned out to be Chika, and the mini poster was a Ruby. There's a Yohane felt mascot for fun, and the two envelopes contained an SR Riko and an N Fuu, both idolized.

The best gets were that Yohane nesoberi and the Anzu pillow. My friend ended up finding a couple of Yohane nesoberi for sale at one guy's stall and got one for my sake, then I found the Anzu pillow elsewhere.

And I got some other things, like a Konosuba mini poster (thankfully not a lewd one) and some volumes of Kekkai Sensen and Sakamoto desu ga?.

I saw a lot of Guzmas and Team Skull grunts which was wonderful. What a good time.

I'm just really happy I finally have a nesoberi.

Oh, I also found third year mini nesoberi, but ended up just getting one of them - Dia - for my friend's sake. They were the only ones that one vendor had, so I'm glad I found that early enough.
It did feel kinda unfortunate to see a lot of unsold Chika nesoberi though.
poo poo, looks like I seriously missed out on not going to Anime Boston this year... I had totally forgotten when it was being held and by the time I remembered to look it up, I already had a family thing I had committed to on that Sunday (Chinese graveyard visit thing). I mean, I've went up to Boston for AB for Saturday and made it back to NYC on Sunday for the same family gathering two years ago (running into my cousin who was at AB but not dragging him back to NYC with me because he was the one slated to be driving his friends back on Sunday evening) but I didn't have the money available to pull it off this year unfortunately.

Dammit, I really want a nesoberi now... Those blind card envelopes look pretty tempting as well... Guess I'll have to wait to see if a vendor at NYCC (or maybe that new show AnimeNYC or perhaps even Liberty City Anime Con) stocks some. Been hoping I run across one at Kinokuniya Bryant Park, but no joy there. Just Aqours CDs and a whole lot of blind box stuff. Picked up Strawberry Trapper two months ago right before the Aqours First Live screening, and got a clear file blind set last month (which turned out to be my two least favorite Aqours, Riko and Kanan. Gave away the Kanan one to a barista at my regular Starbucks who also plays LL and likes Kanan a lot more than I do). Probably gonna head back for another go at the blind clear files and hopefully pull a Yoshiko, as well as pick up another CD, likely Daisuki Dattara Daijobu when my refund check comes in.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
The blind card envelopes are okay, just one idolized card illustration and a group image postcard in each envelope. They were selling them as $7 a set of premium/regular.

Best of luck on your hunting; I'm actually gonna try my hardest to see if I can squeak going again next year, given family event preferences around the time period, and if you're there, I'd be down to meet, even if briefly.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Idolm@ster starts at the top of the next hour!

https://cytu.be/r/kotori

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Allarion posted:

Idolm@ster starts at the top of the next hour!

https://cytu.be/r/kotori
Starting in 10

ARE YOU READY?
I'M LADY!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

graybook posted:

The blind card envelopes are okay, just one idolized card illustration and a group image postcard in each envelope. They were selling them as $7 a set of premium/regular.

Best of luck on your hunting; I'm actually gonna try my hardest to see if I can squeak going again next year, given family event preferences around the time period, and if you're there, I'd be down to meet, even if briefly.

Definitely. Said I was gonna try and swing AB in this thread earlier this year, but I guess it didn't quite work out. You at any of the NY cons, since I tend to work them? Prob not gonna be at Otakon either.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Allarion posted:

Starting in 10

ARE YOU READY?
I'M LADY!

https://youtu.be/L_9SrnBGvdY

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I wasn't ready, and it's doubtful I'm lady

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

GhostStalker posted:

Definitely. Said I was gonna try and swing AB in this thread earlier this year, but I guess it didn't quite work out. You at any of the NY cons, since I tend to work them? Prob not gonna be at Otakon either.

Nah, I have to fly up and I go to Boston cons because my friends usually do. There's a chance I might Otakon funnily enough because a friend's going to be living in the area.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I met a nice weeb from Georgia in the big tournament I attended yesterday. We ended up talking about LL a lot and he agrees that Yohane is best grill from the new series. Sadly, he said he doesn't go to Otakon because there's plenty in the Atlanta area anyway and it's a long drive. I'm now looking forward to getting a Yohane neso from Otakon and hope there's plenty of other merch to get on top of that. I hope they make LL drawstring bags because I'd love to use one for the gym. I also entered my Miku ship in the painting competition and hope it does well.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

So yes, you can use any RGB color you'd care to, although there are plenty that are unsuitable. Much like the white stars that trail your finger on loading screens (which you can't actually see 99% of the time), if it's too light it'll be invisible, and if it's too dark it'll be hard to tell from black.

But it does apply everywhere your name is, including the story and in the log. Which works out great, because without the regular text for contrast, you'd be hard pressed to tell this from black

It's green, I promise
timg'd because it's a bit easier to tell at full resolution, I think. Doesn't really matter either way, though…

However, using colors does limit you to a two-character name. And you can't cheat it with halfwidth — or rather my phone doesn't do it, so I just copied some and it counted ゼas two characters. (So does BBCode/html, I guess) Well, that wasn't too likely to work anyway, it's not like the limit's a 40-col display or anything.

Also this is a great name

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, it seems like that stuff is mostly too much effort to actually use, but maybe if you have a really good concept for it.

Zenostein posted:

Also this is a great name

I approve of this.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I really want a love live puppet show.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

:eyepop: Apparently they made a real episode :eyepop:

this is so good

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It's so good!!!

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It's so good!!!

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

i can't believe they won't let me vote for kana for everything because i don't have a docomo mail address

hosed up

oh hey deresute lets you vote on literally every solo song, not just ones in the game.
Hello usubeni~

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Apr 11, 2017

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

Zenostein posted:

Hello usubeni~

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30780360

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I watched it again:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

You know, I'm always impressed by these [IM@S Song] [Random goddamn genre] mixes. They almost always sound like terrible ideas and then they work real nice anyway. Like this, you'd expect the thing to fall apart, but it's fine, mostly.

shame that i listened to it with headphones and am now annoyed at how the guitar feels like it's just in the right channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKSRHyDb3sw
That's what I picked for the unit song, incidentally~
(I like videos that point out who's singing what, because I'm awful at recognizing voices)

I don't entirely get the point of the room thing, but it's kinda neat.

The right button closes the room, left changes the difficulty. It doesn't actually take SP to open a room, it just tells you the cost when you open one.

Look I can make Sae say Sae! But it's meant to take the place of the random matching, and it stays open for two hours (idk if it closes automatically after you play). It just kinda seems like since you'd still need to be online at the same time, you'd spend a lot of time waiting around? Maybe it sends you a notification when someone joins or something. Idk, it'd be kinda neat if it was asynch or something.

…actually, I don't think I tried the "live start" button down there at the bottom. I wonder if it does anything when you don't have a full set?

Also a neat thing I'd not noticed is that the life boost for the rhythm position apparently applies to their center boost, for some reason. I have no idea why, since they're clearly not the center, but I suppose it also gets boosted if they're the center then?

that's normally 20%

Also, hat tip to this guy for taking random english to a new level

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

It's time for another scout ticket.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Lmfao

I'm not against this.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
This is a good pull, a really good pull...

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

I'm not against this.

Unrelated:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Polsy posted:

Unrelated:

Kokoro is good

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Reminder: JP DiMari event ends in <7 hours!

X

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

kokoro only sometimes seems like the sort of person who'd drive off a bridge with a woman in the trunk

is it just me, or is there like no gap between bang dream events?

Christmas Cake posted:

It's time for another scout ticket.

pretty hard to argue with that.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Is there a translation of those images

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I hope so, because it seems they've written up different explanations for paths A–I, and that's great.

The takeaway, of course, is that all roads lead to Kanako.

Man, imagine if Kana had an SSR. And also a voice.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Zenostein posted:

kokoro only sometimes seems like the sort of person who'd drive off a bridge with a woman in the trunk

is it just me, or is there like no gap between bang dream events?

There was a gap between the first event and the 2nd one. The 3rd one sprung up unexpectedly though. I have a feeling they noticed a dropoff between events, since there's not much incentive to play since there's no clear bonus for songs or daily song, other than logging in, so maybe they're springing events to keep people actively playing.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Zenostein posted:

I hope so, because it seems they've written up different explanations for paths A–I, and that's great.

The takeaway, of course, is that all roads lead to Kanako.

Man, imagine if Kana had an SSR. And also a voice.

Imai?

Kana is a good earnest girl.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I'm honestly kind of sad there will be no more TakeP.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm weak; I caved and bought the big µ's pack.

They know which one to put front and center.

A good + cute Nico!

Really, I'd planned to cave since these were announced, so I'm only really weak if I buy the Aqours one too, right? Right???

Now I have 4 11-draw tickets sitting, waiting for a UR that deserves them.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yo guys I'm heading to NYC next week to visit my friend. Where's those shops you guys said were full of anime merch? Hope they still have LL stuff though the posts are months old. I'm actually both surprised and saddened I had never known about them before.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Only one I think I'd know about is Kinokuniya, I believe.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

There's also Image Anime on 30th just south of Madison Square Garden, but their markup is kinda high. Guess it comes with the territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

graybook posted:

Imai?

Kana is a good earnest girl.

I don't think there are any other Kanas?

And yeah, she is and she deserves a chance to shine~

Allarion posted:

There was a gap between the first event and the 2nd one. The 3rd one sprung up unexpectedly though. I have a feeling they noticed a dropoff between events, since there's not much incentive to play since there's no clear bonus for songs or daily song, other than logging in, so maybe they're springing events to keep people actively playing.

Yeah, I guess once you've run out of stories and gotten all the songs there's not much point in playing in between. Still, that seems like a dodgy strategy. Event fatigue and all.