Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Wow that was a blown try

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

gently caress

Yes

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Expected thing did not occur.

Confused. Yet strangely satisfied.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I spent the entire day cooking for a big family dinner and like to think sacrificing my whole day to working in the kitchen built up some karma for the game.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Not to take anything away from the tigers because they did defend well but boy do the cowboys miss granville.

Morgan and thurston looked out of ideas and the service from hampton was shocking so they were always on the backfoot.

So the ideas were basically

1. Pass to big JT
2. Pass to Hess
3. ???????

Now the tigers did well to mostly defend this because taumalolo and hess are tough to defend but yeah cowboys need to hit the drawing board. Also now that thurston looks dead they need ideas fast

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah, it was weird seeing a team with Thurston in it look so completely devoid of a plan. They actually looked pretty similar last year when we beat them at Leichhardt late in the year - we just were more enthusiastic and they couldn't stop coughing up the pill and couldn't take advantage of any opportunities.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Taumalolo is an absolute beast, 250 metres 10 Tackle Breaks :monocle:

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
gently caress I hope we make the most of the one year we have with Foran.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Karn Warriors, the better you go the better my fantasy score will be

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I cannot understand the tactics the eels have used this half - kicking for touch every set with no attempt at scoring points. Not sure how you'll win games doing that.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

iajanus posted:

I cannot understand the tactics the eels have used this half - kicking for touch every set with no attempt at scoring points. Not sure how you'll win games doing that.

That made no loving sense to me. They were two tries down with less than 20 minutes to go, and their last tackle option was to repeatedly kick the ball into touch and walk to the scrum.

It's always good to get the win, but it's hard to gauge how well you're going when the opposition didn't really show up on the day.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Got to love refs in Melbourne, completely ignoring a shoulder charge against them.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Tigers have reportedly tabled an offer for Widdop; a more than good replacement for Moses, if it came off.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

He's probably better value than Moses, and he might be a useful mentor to have for Brooks.

I'm still finding the idea of the Tigers releasing Moses midseason to be a bit off.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

iajanus posted:

Tigers have reportedly tabled an offer for Widdop; a more than good replacement for Moses, if it came off.

Bring back John Morris!!

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

John Morris was good

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Apparently, the cap forecast that came out recently is well below the figure clubs have been budgeting for and could put a lot of them under cap pressure with moves they've already made. Penrith have signed their entire squad up already and have started agitating for an over cap allowance out of club's pockets due to delays in the figure coming out.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Clearly the Tigers are geniuses

ili
Jul 26, 2003

iajanus posted:

Clearly the Tigers are geniuses

Well they swapped out Taylor for Cleary, re-signed one half for a smallish amount and gave the other his walking papers, then signed Chris "Steve" McQueen at a reported 400k instantly and massively embiggening their poo poo tats to dollars ratio. Seems like things are turning around down there.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

To be fair, there was only one direction to head in...

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

McQueen for 400k sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Apparently we're paying Bird $1m a season which is pretty hosed up

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Bird & Milford are both quality players with a lot of potential but I don't see that being a functional halves pairing.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cpaf posted:

Apparently we're paying Bird $1m a season which is pretty hosed up
pretty sure you only put a bid in to drive his price up and then he surprised you guys by saying yes

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

gently caress that was dumb by the Bulldogs.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jono C posted:

gently caress that was dumb by the Bulldogs.

That could be their tagline for nearly every year.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Try of the season for the titans right there

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

Couple really bizarre events this game.
Goal kicker somehow managed to land the ball directly in front of the upright on a goal kick attempt. Never seen a kick not make the distance before.

Two bombed tries, manu vatuvei-esk

Broncs put bomb up, dude attempts to catch it, manages to kick it (sorta) back to the opposition who immediately hurls it over the sideline.

Weird game.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Broncos are playing hilariously terrible football

They don't deserve to be close to this

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

iajanus posted:

Broncos are playing hilariously terrible football

They don't deserve to be close to this

Bennet's masterplan, by the end of the season you better believe the Broncos are going to be used to tight stressful games.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jesus Christ I may get stabbed at this party

I am the only person here who doesn't support the titans

I am fighting hard not to make jokes about this

Pray for iajanus

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

The raiders bench is real bad. I know stuart wants to make Taylor earn it but sticky mate that bench stinks.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Warriors conducting a seminar on how to bomb certain tries.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

I thought that came backwards off Maumalo.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

I thought that came backwards off Maumalo.

Nah fair call.

Good game of footy but my god I hate how Blocker Roach is the comments man on so many games this year, he's awful. Also the Raiders are scary big and if they get 50/50 ball they'll win this.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I reckon you guys knocked on with the first try so swings and roundabouts.

Really good half tbh. I cant help but feel we are just hanging on. The warriors spine when it clicks is awesome.

Also blocker really deathrides them lol

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah, looks like a fair call.

And blocker is terrible, he is almost always completely wrong about everything he talks about.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Im the most biased man in the world but even i was like really blocker ?

He just hates the warriors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

He's pretty anti tigers for someone who played for Balmain.

Last week he spent most of the game talking up the cowboys.

• Locked thread