Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Turns out the Dutch were the real racists all along.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 22:30 on Apr 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Completely unrealistic. A Dutch person would never communicate in grammatically incorrect English.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Paladinus posted:

Completely unrealistic. A Dutch person would never communicate in grammatically incorrect English.

Inderdaad.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Antivehicular posted:

I actually kind of believe this could happen, but not because of the kid being Woke(tm), just because kids get fixated on weird random toys/household objects for no rational reason. Next month it'll be a promotional Beanie Baby from his dad's car dealership or something.

https://twitter.com/sqarerootofevil/status/719025621934993408

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I knew homosexuality was illegal in Franco Spain, but I never heard of any massacres. Anyone got a link?

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axByUFSa7N8&t=183s

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Catberry posted:

Turns out the Dutch were the real racists all along.

have you ever like, seen a dutch person post on the internet

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Alaois posted:

*eerily accurate dutch person voice* do you want to hear about why blackface is a vital part of my cultural heritage

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Alaois posted:

Mostly chill pot smoking ones.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Still think they missed out by not sticking with Netherlanders and calling their country the Nether Realms.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Solice Kirsk posted:

Still think they missed out by not sticking with Netherlanders and calling their country the Nether Realms.

Nether regions :eng101:

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
While digging through an old folder I found this image from august 2009

I don't know if the image is a stdh. But several stdh's have spawned from a similar story.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Catberry posted:

While digging through an old folder I found this image from august 2009

I don't know if the image is a stdh. But several stdh's have spawned from a similar story.

I hear the same couple also accidentally ate their great aunt's ashes that they thought were an exotic spice mix after a postal service blunder

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Carioca is what anything to do with Rio is called. Pretty sure it's not a Romanian town.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I hear the same couple also accidentally ate their great aunt's ashes that they thought were an exotic spice mix after a postal service blunder

Eew , they have the same aunt?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jokes on them. Restaurant proposals are legally binding. They have to get married now. Dude probably knew.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Zelder posted:

Eew , they have the same aunt?

Romanians am i right!!

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Though as far as I know second cousins (or whatever you'd be if you shared a great aunt) would be legal in many places anyway

Still weird though and still probably awkward to eat your great aunt.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Though as far as I know second cousins (or whatever you'd be if you shared a great aunt) would be legal in many places anyway

Still weird though and still probably awkward to eat your great aunt.

I've never not found it awkward when cannibalism and family relations collide

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Zelder posted:

I've never not found it awkward when cannibalism and family relations collide

Does this come up for you regularly?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I always joke about having my ashes mixed into the mashed potatoes at my wake.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Ashed potatoes

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Ashed potatoes

More like oldtasteless.

Reddit posted:

I deliver food for a major company for a living, and while most of our customers are very nice we get the occasional person who drives us crazy.
One customer requested her food be delivered at 5:30PM. I left the store at about 5:20PM, knowing it'd take about ten minutes to get there. I ended up getting stuck behind slow drivers and arrived at 5:34PM.
This woman flipped out. She was yelling at me and telling me that when she requests something for a specific time, it had better be there AT that time, no sooner, no later! I got where she was coming from, but due to a variety of reasons (including not wanting drivers to drive dangerously to arrive at the specified time) we cannot guarantee that it'll happen on the dot.
She wasn't hearing any of it. No tip, but that was no surprise given her reaction.
The following week, the same woman ordered again for the same time. This time around, we had more help in store and I got the order out earlier than normal. I thought "gently caress it" and went to get something to eat. I parked on the next street over and ate my food slowly, then delivered her food at exactly 5:30PM.
This time around she was on her phone and didn't say a word to me. No tip again.
This process repeated, but I came to enjoy having some quiet time to eat, even if I wasn't getting tipped. One day I was in a particularly mischievous mood and decided to just sit outside her house and eat my lunch. When I finally rang the doorbell at 5:30PM, she immediately whipped open her door and yelled "HAVE YOU BEEN SITTING OUTSIDE MY HOUSE THIS WHOLE TIME WITH MY FOOD?!"
"Yes."
"WHY IN THE HELL DIDN'T YOU BRING IT TO ME THEN?!"
"Cause you said when you ordered something for 5:30, you wanted it at 5:30. It's 5:30. Didn't want to bring it to you too early."
No tip.
Worth it.

link - https://www.reddit.com/r/MaliciousCompliance/comments/64rgfz/how_a_customer_gave_me_a_nice_break_every_week/

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

I mean, having delivered for Pizza Hut, crazy customers are a given, and some folks won't tip. This isn't that hard to believe, especially where a Stormfronter would think he's being hilarious and cool by trolling the customer and letting the food get cold but still delivering it on time. The part that isn't believable is the hypothetical customer not wanting their food even a single second BEFORE their desired delivery time. Even those who are certifiably mentally ill would be all, "Oh, cool, you're early!" or "No big deal that you're a couple minutes late..."

What probably happened in reality was that the OP was always late and the customer saw them sitting outside the house eating his own food while theirs got cold because OP is probably a piece of poo poo. Evidence: OP posts on Stormfront

life is killing me has a new favorite as of 21:12 on Apr 12, 2017

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Wait, where are you seeing this guy and a Storefront connection?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Reddit is so freaking pathetic and desperate. It's almost not funny anymore.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Well we weren't convinced you were right for our entry-level help desk job, but the way you picked up those groceries off the ground has convinced us that you're qualified to be assistant director of IT!

edit: did the PYF unpopular opinions thread go away? Cuz I got a doozy that I can't wait to poo poo out onto the internet semianonymously.

walrusman has a new favorite as of 02:24 on Apr 13, 2017

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

walrusman posted:

Well we weren't convinced you were right for our entry-level help desk job, but the way you picked up those groceries off the ground has convinced us that you're qualified to be assistant director of IT!

edit: did the PYF unpopular opinions thread go away? Cuz I got a doozy that I can't wait to poo poo out onto the internet semianonymously.

Upgraded from computer janitor to actual janitor.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

walrusman posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3798595&perpage=40#post466591973

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Prism posted:

Does this come up for you regularly?

Saturn's parachute account spotted.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Drunk Tomato posted:

Reddit is so freaking pathetic and desperate. It's almost not funny anymore.

This is stupid but theoretically possible. I've twice interviewed myself into a better position than what I was applying for.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

omnibobb posted:

This is stupid but theoretically possible. I've twice interviewed myself into a better position than what I was applying for.

By picking up trash?

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Thanks friend.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

omnibobb posted:

It's funny because this is the STDH thread

Also why are people still using that meme with baby Patton Oswalt, why won't it just die already

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Because it's the meme used to convey the most basic of accomplishments, it'll be around for as long as there's some nerd out there summoning up the courage to interact with girl (forever)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

walrusman posted:

Thanks friend.

It's what I do. Someday, though, I may ask a favour in return.

But I really, really doubt it.