Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

WE KNOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

But with a middle finger rather than a handprint.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Maybe it's because they didn't add Workshop support until years after release but the mod workshop for Saints Row 4 is super disappointing even months later. Almost everything is just character models lifted from other games or various skimpy clothes for the female characters, at best you get one or two curiosities like animated clothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ1wU8IwaQA

aniviron posted:

Yeah what kind of nerd makes things out of a love for the craft of it or for the challenge of doing so, or to give back to a community that they like?

Judging by the way that Valve milks unpaid volunteers to do everything from translate games to curate their store for them and they recently chopped the dividends for community-made items down to as low as 5% I'd say that there's no shortage of people who are happy with being exploited.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Guy Mann posted:

Maybe it's because they didn't add Workshop support until years after release but the mod workshop for Saints Row 4 is super disappointing even months later. Almost everything is just character models lifted from other games or various skimpy clothes for the female characters, at best you get one or two curiosities like animated clothing.

Uhhhhhhh, how is this different from any other mod scene :confused:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's not a real game until I can mod in neptunia characters

Mr. Owl
Jan 24, 2008
Clearly the issue is the lack of swole-ness with all these waifu mods that clutter up the place. It might be a joke, but if its on the 'slab someone is masturbating to it.

:nws:True Amazons Race and Armors 1.0a:nws:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
One step closer to a fully interactive, playable version of DeviantArt

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
I like how they have all this muscle, but then you look at their face and it's all anime and poo poo. :barf:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Skellybones posted:

One step closer to a fully interactive, playable version of DeviantArt

But someone already made SecondLife?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Mr. Owl posted:

Clearly the issue is the lack of swole-ness with all these waifu mods that clutter up the place. It might be a joke, but if its on the 'slab someone is masturbating to it.

It reminds me one of those russian experiments where they grafted a dog's head on a different body. Or that scene in Alien 4 where they found mutated Ripley clone begging them to kill her. Just... ugh.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

hahaha holy poo poo this is the funniest thing I have ever seen

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

It'd be like she was wearing a bodybuilder power suit if the modder didn't insist on a wasp waist.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
im the shoulders on top of shoulders

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Not sure I like the Super-Mutant redesign in Fallout 5.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I'm the muscle MC hammer pants

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I'm the look of vague disapproval

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I'm the look of vague disapproval

"I am, and I really wish I wasn't right now."

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

TGLT posted:

"I am, and I really wish I wasn't right now."

That look just screamed "why? Why do I exist? What horrible monster created me? I know there is no mercy and there are no kind gods because I am here" to me.

It's absolute horror over her own existence.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

McSpanky posted:

But someone already made SecondLife?

But look at how high-res, shiny and rippling these textures are!

Or don't.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

I once made a very simple mod for Fallout: New Vegas that made Easy Pete the final boss- the name and model for Legate Lanius was changed to him. It wasn't very good (the voice doesn't work right) and it took me like an hour, but a friend who had requested it spent like five dollars to give me a mystery skin on League of Legends for doing it.

I literally have made more profit from modding than most of these folks. I wonder what knowing that would make this guy feel.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I once made a very simple mod for Fallout: New Vegas that made Easy Pete the final boss- the name and model for Legate Lanius was changed to him. It wasn't very good (the voice doesn't work right) and it took me like an hour, but a friend who had requested it spent like five dollars to give me a mystery skin on League of Legends for doing it.

I literally have made more profit from modding than most of these folks. I wonder what knowing that would make this guy feel.

Time up to upload to :nexus: and goonrush the voting again.

Or maybe a mod that changes all the BoS to Packie armor and clothes (plus the mascot outfit/head for elites), and rename 'em to the Brotherhood of Plush.

Rename the Prydwyn to Carebear.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Time up to upload to :nexus: and goonrush the voting again.

Or maybe a mod that changes all the BoS to Packie armor and clothes (plus the mascot outfit/head for elites), and rename 'em to the Brotherhood of Plush.

Rename the Prydwyn to Carebear.

It's actually already on nexus (it was a convenient way to send it to the friend) and apparently somehow got a couple endorsements.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Looks like a meme I'd see on 4chan in 2006

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Mr. Owl posted:

Jesus gently caress.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

Jesus gently caress.

It stabbed its own arm. Poor creature.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Seems more synmazon than amazon.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'd like a Fallout NV that fixes the writing, and gives the option to pursue a course with Yes Man as the final boss.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

Jesus gently caress.

I'm the top that almost but not quite covers her garbage can lid-sized areolas.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Discendo Vox posted:

I'd like a Fallout NV that fixes the writing, and gives the option to pursue a course with Yes Man as the final boss.

I always wanted to side with Benny. But the game won't let you :( I was like, hell yeah, I'll side with mobster Matthew Perry. But it was not meant to be

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Apr 8, 2017

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I always wanted to side with Benny. But the game won't let you :(

He shot you in the head and is also really loving dumb. He's dumber then Rex.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23346/

Piss.

Realistic Water posted:

Realistic recolor of water in the commonwealth. Simulates over 200 years of urine release into the lakes and rivers and oceans of the commonwealth due to the absence of plumbing. Certain water such as the Institute and water treatment plant is clean due to realism.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Apr 8, 2017

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I don't even know where to start with that. I'm no expert on water, but I'm relatively sure that there are approximately a billion ways that is completely loving impossible.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Kurui Reiten posted:

I don't even know where to start with that. I'm no expert on water, but I'm relatively sure that there are approximately a billion ways that is completely loving impossible.

I don't know, a realm where all the water is piss sounds like it'd be really magical.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Good idea for a post-apocalyptic dystopia. In a world where water is piss, those who control the water purifiers control the world. But 1% of the population have mutated to be piss-drinkers, and they exist beyond the law yet is also civilization's only hope for freedom.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Why is literally every person alive peeing directly into the river? Theres a lot of other places you could pee

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
We all know that all bodies of water become pee after 200 years of peeing into them. The world before water filtering was pee. We had to filter all the pee out.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Man, I feel like after 15 years of TES modding I should be used to it by now, but every time I see a massively deformed, horrifying virtual blow up doll I'm still as confused and disturbed as I've ever been.

Just.. why? Why are so many people going to such great lengths to jack off to a video game? Why are so many people then showing the world their creepy and horrifying creations?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

turn off the TV posted:

Why are so many people then showing the world their creepy and horrifying creations?

People are insecure and crave validation. One of the best—and worst—things about the internet is that within its vast depths there reside some number of people who will accept you, and celebrate anything you put out there.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Missed a perfect opportunity to use :piss:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

turn off the TV posted:

Man, I feel like after 15 years of TES modding I should be used to it by now, but every time I see a massively deformed, horrifying virtual blow up doll I'm still as confused and disturbed as I've ever been.

Just.. why? Why are so many people going to such great lengths to jack off to a video game? Why are so many people then showing the world their creepy and horrifying creations?

Honestly what broke my brain most about that weird muscle monstrosity is that it's for Oblivion