Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Get the blue haired jerk on this run, and the other jerk on the normal run. One of them gonna die anyway. Might as well chose the one with the shorter lease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Blue haired guy, because the other one has a super weird looking portrait.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Marth's the blue-haired dude who fights for his friends right?

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

LordHippoman posted:

The update might take a while, sheerly because of this fact, and definitely not because of all the video games coming out this week that look better than Shadow Dragon.

I have no idea what you could be talking about

Also I vote we go with Conquest, I don't like seafood.

:goleft:

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Its not hard to be better than a game with like 20 textboxes for hour of play. Speaking of Fire Emblem 15, who raged over nintendo screwing everyone over on LE's again? I blame Miyamoto.

Also I just got Xane in 12, and after looking closely, I think you cursed me with no magic cuz not a single mage has reached 11 before promotion, not that it matters when I just said screw it and hacked in infinite money and made uber god tomes names after mages I love in stuff.

Get Terminal Fantasy Cancer.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Lets go with blue hair now and you can use the old guy on normal where it doesnt matter and bad units are fun

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

You always go far left, baby. That's a good adventurer's instinct.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Well, this is Marth's homecoming. I think it's only fitting that he should check in with And "Old" Friend.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

You can't have too many blue haired guys.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Let's help an old friend!

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

It's not Fire Emblem without the maximum number of blue haired guys.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Team Blue Hair, come on down! You're the next contestant on Shadow Dragon!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Blue Haired Guy.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

When in doubt, always go left.

There's even a smiley for it! :goleft:

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

vilkacis posted:

I have no idea what you could be talking about

It took me way too long to decipher this and I'm not proud of myself. To be fair though, Specter of Torment is mostly contributing.

FoolyCharged posted:

Lets go with blue hair now and you can use the old guy on normal where it doesnt matter and bad units are fun

Don't worry, they're both pretty painfully bad. Even on Normal, IIRC, but I'm still using Wrys after three or four empty levels, so there's certainly room for The Cowlick.

Voting looks like it's done, I'll probably start recording the chapter tomorrow.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

LordHippoman posted:

It took me way too long to decipher this and I'm not proud of myself. To be fair though, Specter of Torment is mostly contributing.

I wonder where scythes are on the weapon triangle, if not above it.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Chapter 16: It’s Pronounced Like “Chainy” (Battle)

Pretty sure this is the longest update so far. I did warn you.

: Countless days have passed since Dolhr took my kingdom from me- days I would never have lived had it not been for my sister Elice’s sacrifice, and the sacrifices of so many others…

: What became of your sister? And the rest of your family, what of them as well?

Slightly less traumatic than what happened to yours.

: My father, as you know, died in Gra. I last saw my mother and sister the day the castle fell. I do not know if they still live…but I hope that they do. And if the enemy has them, I will rescue them. You can be sure of that.

: Sire, our preparations are complete. We are ready to march.

: Thank you.

Marth’s gonna give a speech now. He does that a lot in this map for some reason. Perhaps a last gasp at giving him some character for the sequel.

: Help me set Altea free, and ensure today is the last battle my people must endure!

I mean, it’s kind of a speech.

Not much particular strategy for the start of this map. I could divide my troops here and send one group through the prison to divide the incoming enemies, but that sounds like something someone good at this game would do, and this is not the LP for that.

I did leave Ogma here on purpose, though. The Dracoknights can be eliminated real quick if you lure them in.

This was not on purpose.

Honestly the Dracoknights on this map aren’t a huge deal, despite how good the fliers in Shadow Dragon are. You can pretty much just take advantage of the AI to pull them away from their allies into your whole team.

Also, the levels on this map are pretty...feast or famine.

Case in point.

While the rest of the team heads west, Barst is on a secret aquatic mission.

As voted on in the thread, we’re picking up the recruit in the east village on this run.

It’s this...memorable character!

: Once, I was a swordfighter of some renown…but that was then, and this is now. I’m happy enough with my life here in the village, but if you need another man, I will fight. Unfortunately, there has always been bad blood between our village and the next one over. They’ll have closed the gates to you the moment they saw you come here. Guess that means the paladin Arran won’t be fightin’ with you. Them’s the breaks.

This is a binary choice, picking up Samson or Arran denies you the other. Apparently this was one of the inspirations for the route split in Fates.

Samson is our highest level unit so far, and he’s...awful. Not only are his bases roughly average for units around the level most of our team is at now, before promotion, his growths are absolutely horrid. Except for Luck, for whatever reason. But hey, free Silver Axe.

The enemy mounted units start kinda splintering here because I think having Barst sneak in that way is messing with their “charge as a group” AI. :laugh:

And now we’re down one Fortify priest. Good work as always, Barst.

Abel and Wolf are the best defenders we have not named “Barst”, so they’re guarding the bridges from these inevitable reinforcements.

Barst’s appearance has driven them mad.

Thanks!

Oh, poo poo, there was a thief. I almost forgot. He’s gone now.

This is the only unit they had who stayed on target. Bless you, Grust “Eagle-Eyes” Cavalier.

Everyone else is just tossing poo poo in the ocean.

It doesn’t really work out.

The ol’ Caeda/Marth power couple takes Eagle-Eyes down.

:eyepop: Wow. Near perfect. There’s Marth’s first point of Resistance, by the way.

You can sort of see the start of a defensive line forming here. I’ve got some extra time bought by Barst.

Only three of that original bunch of mounted units are left now. They overlap to try and hide their numbers.

The defenses are set now. Notably, they can’t both hit Catria, who’s the only one at risk of being two-shot killed.

Instead, they rammed Marth and Caesar for little effect, and now our Pegasi can clean up.

Might as well keep this rolling. This General started moving at the start of the map too, but he’s not too quick.

The information I found online for this map said the reinforcements were meant to spawn on Enemy Phase 10, but they didn’t.

So...cautious advance.

This is still cautious.

Aha! There we go. Turn 11 did it, two Horsemen and two Cavaliers from the northwest forts, and a Knight and Cavalier from the island with the boss. The latter are no big deal, but four units in such a confined space can be deadly, especially if you had a Pegasus Knight up there.

I imagine the reason these spawn so late is so they can catch you in a pincer attack. Joke’s on them, though, I play this game at a snail’s pace tactically.

Abel.

What the gently caress, Abel.

Sadly, these two don’t have enough damage to outright kill the reinforcements, but with a little creative maneuvering and assistance from the other allies I left back here…

It all ends up okay.

(except abel’s levels seriously what the gently caress)

This is not better.

When all’s said and done, Marth and the pegasus knights are really the only people extending this far out. I’m trying to turtle up and exhaust the reinforcements.

Oh, also Barst came out of the water. I think he’s lost.

With this setup, it’s not too much work to tank the hits from these reinforcements and burn them down, even with their extra attack from Hard mode.

Marth takes up a sneaky defensive position against that reinforcement Cavalier.

The trap works like a charm.

At least these are levels I can’t be disappointed in.

Turn 14 brings the same crop of reinforcements as last time. I won’t screenshot them all again, because you get the gist.

Marth’s just sorta working as a human shield on this map, inspiring his countrymen. Also Samson made it down.

Unfortunately, this does pull in that whole trio of previously stationary cavaliers, and by my own mistake, the reinforcement as well. Time to pull back a bit.

Well, of all the one stat levels, that’s one of the better ones.

Linde’s just determined to outshine her rival, though.

Now that there’s actually a threat down here, everyone’s retreated a bit. We should be fine.

Here’s the first map in a while where Ogma has seemed mortal. His defense is a little on the low end.

Still hits hard, though.

: And so, Prince Marth completely ignored my fantastic advice of sticking his Rapier out and spinning in a circle, electing to only kill one of our foes in a very dull fashion.

Halfway point for Marth levels! He doesn’t promote, but he can hit up to 30.

A rare screenshot of “Samson Doing Something.” These things go for serious money at auctions now.

This concludes Merc/Hero Hour.

Every hour is Pegasus Hour.

And that’s all of the enemies down here dealt with. Until the reinforcements spawned right after I ended this turn, that is.

This looks worse than it actually is. The mages can just one-round foes, and Barst has finally returned to give a little extra edge.

This chapter, while a little dull, is at least an EXP mine.

Still, we’re making some good progress now that the reinforcements are drained. That’s the hard part dealt with.

Maria’s gonna be unstoppable next time we face a predominantly Magic set of enemies! (there are none left)

Catria’s reached the island with all the buildings, and the Silver Card gives her a pretty great discount of 50% off on all this stuff, including valuable Silver weapons. I stocked up while I was moving the rest of the group down.

Caesar gets back to his natural roots, bloodsports.

The Wing Spear is still pretty drat useful. Here’s another one, along with the always handy 1-2 range weapons.

Now you can see some strategic shopping, as Wendell needs a Staff and I make him buy it himself.

Brilliantly executed. I sold that Thunder tome for like 50 gold.

Oh, yeah, Julian’s here, isn’t he? Unfortunately, that Hero has a Levin Sword.

Also, Caeda didn’t crit.

Thankfully Julian’s fast enough not to eat a double and die here.

Can’t say the same for that guy.

This is going to come in handy soon. I’m probably mass promoting after this chapter, because getting to Level 20/20 doesn’t seem like it’s going to happen. We’re actually in the final third or so of the game.

Ogma’s not as spotless as I’d have liked, but I can’t complain with this area cleared out.

Eh.

Thank you for waiting patiently.

It’s pronounced like “Chainy”. I dunno.

: I hail from a land few have heard of an even fewer have seen. I won’t trouble you with the details. Me and my folk have the power to transform into other people. We can shape-shift, you see. When Dolhr caught on, they started threatenin’ me. Told me to join their army or “face my doom.” Hah! Well, I wasn’t about to waste my considerable talent on those evil coots! You, on the other hand…You’ve got character. Say, why don’t we team up? I do owe you for savin’ my hide. And I think you’ll find my talents are…quite considerable.

Xane is weird, and as far as I know, his gimmick’s never been reused in a Fire Emblem game since the Archanea titles. His stats are garbage, true, but he’s got a special command exclusive to him.

When Xane “Imitates” a unit, this happens.

Zounds! It’s a second Marth!

Xane, for five turns, becomes a perfect copy of his target allied unit. There are a few restrictions, after 5 turns he reverts to his normal, easily killed form. He also can’t gain HP while changing, so he starts off a little dented as “Marth” due to his low natural Max HP. You also need to outfit him with his own weapon selection.

Xane’s a really interesting character who I’m awful at using. He can definitely slot into some teams easily, and having two Barst/Caeda/Whatevers is never a bad idea. He does have stats/growths for his normal form, they aren’t great outside of his good base resistance, and they also really don’t matter. His level caps at 30, but again, it really doesn’t matter.

Barst goes to solo the boss.

The boss is solo’d.

I’ll take the Strength. He’s miles ahead of anyone else in it already, though.

That’s a good bonus prize. The map is about done now, but I spent a little extra time grinding in the Arena. I cut it out, except for the levels:

However, I think this map is cursed. This started off great!

But, over time...it deteriorates.

Slowly.

Until this happens for the second time in one chapter.

Alright, last straw, we’re out of here.

:toot: and such

: Bravo, Marth. On behalf of House Akaneia, I wish to extend my heartfelt congratulations

: Thank you, Nyna. But it’s still too soon to celebrate. We haven’t freed the castle yet.

: Sire, your soldiers have assembled for the castle raid. Perhaps you could say a few words first…

: The road has been long, but at last we have driven Dolhr from my homeland. There are not words to express my gratitude to you all. You gave Altea back to me. Thank you…Thank you. …An army of foes still haunt my castle. I mean to kick them out. Ready, my friends? Let’s send these varlets scurrying!

: It was okay until he said “varlets”.

Bonus Content

The Hero Of The Saved Country, Marth

There are still more Marth variants.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

LordHippoman posted:

This is a binary choice, picking up Samson or Arran denies you the other. Apparently this was one of the inspirations for the route split in Fates.

Boy, that sure explains a lot, am I right, guys!!!

:haw:

:negative:

(what the gently caress happened to :negative:)

LordHippoman posted:

: And so, Prince Marth completely ignored my fantastic advice of sticking his Rapier out and spinning in a circle, electing to only kill one of our foes in a very dull fashion.

Would have done a lot to salvage Shadow Dragon to be honest.

LordHippoman posted:

Xane is weird, and as far as I know, his gimmick’s never been reused in a Fire Emblem game since the Archanea titles.

Not an official Fire Emblem game, but I hear things about Tear Ring Saga...

Also:

(by TenQue)

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

I thought the whole "it takes FOREVER to hit level 20" was a problem unique to normal mode, but nope!

(One nice thing about a ladies only run: this is not a problem. Caeda was ready to promote on chapter 10)

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
To be fair, Lord Hippoman is spreading experience a bit thinner than most for variety's sake, I think at this point you'd basically just be leveling up the Whitewings and Linde as your only new recruits free like Hardin, because I'm seriously having trouble remembering good units at this point besides them and Minerva. Enemy stats are pretty low overall until like Hard 3, so just promoting at level 20 isn't a huge deal.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

A bit?

This is the part where a focused run would have a fully promoted team. The average player would be everyone around 16 I guess? That is a level 13 Mercenary in chapter 16 thats been around since chapter 2 and is one of the mainstays. I'm pretty sure Mercenaries are the best combat class overall across the series, so thats really underleveled. Like, I'm amazed that Hippobro is getting past this so underleveled, this is probably as intense as a challenge run can get without being retarded. You say youre bad a the games and I'm just amazed that you are getting past this.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah, but like I said before, enemies have even lower growths than the player. Like, those dracoknights and horsemen are laughable compared to most unprompted guys at this point. This isn't New Mystery Hard where enemies were close enough to caps that they couldn't be doubled by max speed dracoknights.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

MythosDragon posted:

A bit?

This is the part where a focused run would have a fully promoted team. The average player would be everyone around 16 I guess? That is a level 13 Mercenary in chapter 16 thats been around since chapter 2 and is one of the mainstays. I'm pretty sure Mercenaries are the best combat class overall across the series, so thats really underleveled. Like, I'm amazed that Hippobro is getting past this so underleveled, this is probably as intense as a challenge run can get without being retarded. You say youre bad a the games and I'm just amazed that you are getting past this.

It really is just the weak enemies, honestly. This game's a lot easier than New Mystery on Hard, where I was barely scraping by on some maps and winning just due to reinforcement cheesing on a couple (Flame Barrel). Most of the enemies on the field aren't substantial threats because even with my team's janky level ups and my general disorganization, their stats are just terrible. Some of it is also probably the map design, because, like you might have noticed on that last one, I didn't really have to do anything fancy with unit positioning. Everything typically comes at you from one direction, and if you've got a few beefy meatshields and some nuke-mages, you can set up an easy defensive line. With the exception of some gimmicks like Wooden Cavalry, there's not a lot of variety in tactics you have to pull out.

The early promotions would really be just for variety's sake because drat, you've all been looking at pretty much these same models since November. There are a few maps coming up I'm a little worried about, but not to the point where I'm thinking I need to play super optimally or anything.

CamelPimp's right, though, I'm not...totally sure why I'm this low? I've been spreading experience a bit, but the only two units I used for a really meaningful amount of time and then dropped were Cain and Draug. I've been exhausting reinforcements and doing some Arena instead of speed-clearing as well. I mean, it's working out, so I'm not bothered, but it's odd. :shrug:

This is so good, holy poo poo.

LordHippoman fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Apr 9, 2017

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Why on earth does Xane get a special class that goes to level 30 but Marth is stuck going to 20
Is it even possible for Xane to get to 30 even starting from 15???

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

rannum posted:

Why on earth does Xane get a special class that goes to level 30 but Marth is stuck going to 20
Is it even possible for Xane to get to 30 even starting from 15???

Marth isn't stuck to 20. He can go to 30, although he may not make it anywhere close to 30.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah, 30 is the cap for special units in general, but given the lack of promotion gains most of them still kinda get shafted. Not as hard as knights in vanilla FE1 where generals were a thing but they couldn't promote because ??? though.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

My mentality is basically 1-20 is the same, while 21-30 count as 2 levels. You can ignore this if you dont have an obsession with even levels

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

LordHippoman posted:

Xane is weird, and as far as I know, his gimmick’s never been reused in a Fire Emblem game since the Archanea titles. His stats are garbage, true, but he’s got a special command exclusive to him.

While it's not exactly the same, one of the new classes in Fates has access to a command that lets a unit make a duplicate of itself. It's a little bit ridiculous.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Camel Pimp posted:

Marth isn't stuck to 20. He can go to 30, although he may not make it anywhere close to 30.

ah ok, must have gotten it confused with a different game

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Chapter 17: Marth Meets Morzas, The Matricidal Mage Manakete (Prep)

Why yes, I am proud of that title. (I know that’s not technically what Matricidal means.)

I honestly don’t know who that screaming Manakete is supposed to be. It doesn’t look like the boss for this chapter. It could be Medeus, I guess? My money’s on Medeus.

: the mage-dragon Morzas remained entrenched within its walls. Unlike General Camus who preceded him, Morzas had been a cruel warden, slaughtering many innocent Alteans at the slightest provocation. Marth roiled to think such a monster still sat upon his noble father’s throne.

This map’s got a rather restrictive character limit for one where there aren’t any recruits. We have almost a complete cast by now. I decided to let Wendell sit it out, because he doesn’t really need the experience, and sub in Catria. Wendell’s still holding up this late in the game though, which is unexpected and nice.

It’s time for that thing we’ve all been waiting for. Promotion is a Fire Emblem staple, some other games have split paths or other gimmicks, but it’s quite simple in Shadow Dragon. There is ONE split promotion in the game, but that’s DLC content and no longer available.

Apply Master Seal to your level 10-20 unpromoted unit of choice. Disregard lightning.

A promoted hero arrives!

Promotion gives a set boost in stats depending on the class that’s promoting. For Abel, hopping from Cavalier to Paladin gives him a nice set of boosts across the board, most strikingly boosting his resistance from 0 to 6. This is also the only way to increase Movement without the Boots or reclassing.

Maria also hit level 20 last time.

Meet the Bishop.

Not only does Maria get a boost in stats, some classes unlock new weapon options upon promotion, or gain experience in Weapons they already have access to. You can see Maria is able to use Tomes now, though not very effectively. Good to have some self defense, though.

Cord is not yet Level 20, but given the amount of chapters left in the game, I don’t think I’ll hit level cap unpromoted AND hit it in my promoted classes too. So the immediate power boost is more handy, and he needs it over Linde right now.

I’m also a sucker for the way the Sorcerer looks in this game. Sorcerers/FE7 Druids are some of my favorite designs in the series.

Cord gains a rank in Tomes along with his newfound Staff abilities.

This means he can finally use that Excalibur that’s been sitting in our Convoy for 13 maps.

I also reclassed Maria to a Sage, because the only real advantage Bishops have is their resistance. Both classes have the same growth rates, but slightly different bases. The 1 bonus magic and the extra rank in Tomes is enough for me to not really care about losing 3 Resistance, especially when she’s got so much already.

Ogma is our least durable physical fighter at the moment, so I used Hollstadt’s Dracoshield on him.

This map looks a lot more complex than it is. Reinforcements are involved, but they’re fairly inconsequential.

You could rush the boss room immediately, but that’s not a good idea. There’s a TON of free treasure to be had here, but those thieves will try to make off with two of the chests. Try not to let them do that. There are two routes to the treasure room, so you can split your team if you’d like.

They’ll head for this exit, which is blocked by a formidable manakete. I do have a plan for this, and it’s dumb, but that’s half the fun.

Once we’re all done with the looting, the throne room is pretty packed with enemies too. Fun fact, this statue gets demolished between this game and New Mystery. This Bishop has a particularly interesting item on him that you’ll want to get to access one of the game’s most bullshit secrets.

This whole room kinda sucks, because there’s a Swarm Bishop covering it. His range pokes out into the hallway directly west of this room a bit too, so use caution if going that way for the treasure.

The boss, Morzas, is a very rare enemy type we haven’t encountered yet. He’s a Manakete, yeah, but he has the Magestone, which means that his damage will target resistance instead of Defense. This makes him way more of a pain. Or, it would, if he weren’t a one range boss in Chapter 17. :laugh:

Next time Marth storms his own castle.

Bonus Content

: Sir Xane…! He seems to have gone elsewhere yet again…

: Hello, Steve.

: Oh, sire!

: What excellent timing. There's something I want to ask of you.

: Yes, sire? Anything for you.

: Thank you. Then... Once this war is over, would you allow me the honor of being your husband?

: ...Hi, Sir Xane.

: drat, you saw through me.

: Of course. Prince Marth would never say something that ridiculous.

: That’s funny...I could fool the others just fine… Oh well, see ya.

: ...Hold it.

: W-what is it?

: Who else did you deceive while imitating Prince Marth? Tell me all the details, now.

: Gah!

: I cannot allow anybody who would tarnish Prince Marth's reputation to exist... Depending on what you've done-

: Stop it, you’re scaring me! I was just kiddin’!

: Sir Xane!

It’s been too long since we saw Steve obsess over Marth. Also Xane is great and I’m really sad he doesn’t get used very much. At least he has more of a plot role in the sequel.

In the next base conversation he also turns into Jagen so y’know, win-win.

LordHippoman fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 11, 2017

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

I wanna say this map caused me to have a mini-heart attack when I first played it, because I wasn't sure if the items thieves steal in this game up and disappear into the ether (they did in the original). Yeah, thankfully they don't (and I'm pretty sure in the original the thieves aren't in the treasure room to start off with.)

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Hippoman, about how long does it take you to write up a full update (Prep and Battle)?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Camel Pimp posted:

I wanna say this map caused me to have a mini-heart attack when I first played it, because I wasn't sure if the items thieves steal in this game up and disappear into the ether (they did in the original). Yeah, thankfully they don't (and I'm pretty sure in the original the thieves aren't in the treasure room to start off with.)

Even if they didn't you have enough warp staffs to commando mission the thieves turn 1

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

Camel Pimp posted:

Yeah, the timer's still pretty tight though, given the amount of enemies in your way and the distance you have to travel. The foolproof way to do it is with the Warp Staff, like FoolyCharged mentioned.

MythosDragon posted:

Hippoman, about how long does it take you to write up a full update (Prep and Battle)?

Not counting the time taken playing the game, screenshotting, and then uploading, 1-2 hours depending on the length of the chapter or if I have to look up stuff I'm not sure of.

It was probably like twice that when I first started in FE12, but it's sorta become reflex at this point.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

Uh, completely unrelated, but did you know that as far as I can tell, no one has really successfully been able to hack the portraits in Shadow Dragon (not particularly well anyway) I can, however, do this

So that's fun. (the talking/blinking does not animate correctly, mind you.)

Miacis
Oct 9, 2012

Get off my lawn!!
Just a heads-up, you used FE12 Marth's portrait for FE11 dialogue in this update.

LordHippoman posted:

Chapter 17: Marth Meets Morzas, The Matricidal Mage Manakete (Prep)

(I know that’s not technically what Matricidal means.)

The Mom-Murderin' Mage Manakete...?

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

LordHippoman posted:

Not counting the time taken playing the game, screenshotting, and then uploading, 1-2 hours depending on the length of the chapter or if I have to look up stuff I'm not sure of.

It was probably like twice that when I first started in FE12, but it's sorta become reflex at this point.

Thats not too bad. I asked because I spent like 3 days trying to set up an LP, finished the OP and just the stress was overwhelming since I'd rather not even start if I didnt finish. And the more I look at Fire Emblem the more I think "This game was made for LPing". So I was thinking It'd probably be the best thing to try to gain experience later on.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Most of the lp is prep work, which is much easier with most games because of stuff like one face portrait and at max like 100 support conversations on blazing sword or path of radiance.

MonstrousMouse
Apr 15, 2014

LordHippoman posted:

he has the Magestone, which means that his damage will effect resistance instead of HP.

Does it debuff your Res, or is this a typo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

MonstrousMouse posted:

Does it debuff your Res, or is this a typo?

It will target res instead of def.

• Locked thread