Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mursupitsku
Sep 12, 2011
Is there any chance that this game runs on a laptop with i7-7500U, Geforce 940MX and 8GB memory? I think it clears the recommended requirements but I fear that's not gonna be enough. This game seems like the perfect game to scratch my Dayz itch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Mursupitsku posted:

Is there any chance that this game runs on a laptop with i7-7500U, Geforce 940MX and 8GB memory? I think it clears the recommended requirements but I fear that's not gonna be enough. This game seems like the perfect game to scratch my Dayz itch.

Probably not until its optimized.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Update on my personal graphics/loading problem: turning off Shadowplay seems to have cleared it up, so I recommend doing that, I don't think they play nice.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Mursupitsku posted:

Might work ok with -sm4 launch option

wit
Jul 26, 2011
I'm torn between being a sound whore while holing up in whatever attic I can scurry into and playing music to break the monotony of peering out the windows and down stairs amidst the bombing. I can't shoot for poo poo to the point where having a gun in the first place only slightly increases my chances of landing a shot at all.

I enjoy Anne Frank Simulator 2017.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Mursupitsku posted:

Honestly it seems to be hard drive speed that's the main crutch for people. I think on lower settings you should be able to run it just fine assuming your hard drive speed isn't bad.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
3 wins so far in Squad today

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

ViggyNash posted:

Honestly it seems to be hard drive speed that's the main crutch for people. I think on lower settings you should be able to run it just fine assuming your hard drive speed isn't bad.

It's not running amazingly, I do get random lag spikes, though it's hard to be unsure if that's aometimes the server, with the following:

Xeon e3-1231
4gb RAM
GTX 550 Ti

(The ram and gfx are holdovers from my old rig, and are getting replaced soon, the RAM at the start of May. I just didn't want to wait 3 months till I had all my loney together to get the bulk of the purchase done.)

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Mursupitsku posted:

You should have no problem. I 'm on a lappy with a I7-6700 with a 980m and I run with almost everything maxxed out

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Played a bunch today, pushed my squad rank all the way to 562. One of the things I'm starting to notice is that snipers are almost exclusively an early to early/mid game tool, at least in squad. Saw a bunch of dudes get murked because they were hiding behind a tree and possibly not getting the best support from their team late game, especially by teams that coordinated movement.

If I had my way I'll take an AKM or SCAR with a red dot and extended mag in the late game over any of the snipers, save possibly the SKS. People keep snipers in play way too long, especially the Kar98. That thing is a death sentence in the last few circles.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

VikingSkull posted:

Played a bunch today, pushed my squad rank all the way to 562. One of the things I'm starting to notice is that snipers are almost exclusively an early to early/mid game tool, at least in squad. Saw a bunch of dudes get murked because they were hiding behind a tree and possibly not getting the best support from their team late game, especially by teams that coordinated movement.

If I had my way I'll take an AKM or SCAR with a red dot and extended mag in the late game over any of the snipers, save possibly the SKS. People keep snipers in play way too long, especially the Kar98. That thing is a death sentence in the last few circles.

for me its probably ak or m4 with a 4x, I really don't like the red dots

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
The 4x is useful for sure, but I feel like it limits my peripheral vision too much.

Also, has anyone else got the 15x yet? We picked one up yesterday and our sniper player was laughing his rear end off tagging guys over 600m away.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

Mursupitsku posted:

It should be at least playable. My friend who I frequently play this game with runs this on a laptop with similar specs. He has very very low standards though. At this point, everyone's on the same boat anyway since most people are running everything on very low. I think you can buy it and try it and refund on Steam if the performance sucks.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm running on a laptop 960m and like 8 gb of ram I think. Sometimes it's smooth, sometimes the textures will not load.

And half the time the server lags and you're just hosed.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is just a guess since I haven't tested this game extensively on many machines, but I am really willing to bet that a lot of the low FPS comes from poorly handled netcode, unthreaded delays, draw calls, memory handling, exception handling and just pushing Unreal in general to do stuff it doesn't want to.

In other words, things that scale really poorly up and down and makes you have 40 FPS on a great PC and 30 FPS on an awful PC.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

VikingSkull posted:

The 4x is useful for sure, but I feel like it limits my peripheral vision too much.

Also, has anyone else got the 15x yet? We picked one up yesterday and our sniper player was laughing his rear end off tagging guys over 600m away.

Its tough to use, mostly because of the rendering issues with the game. You should probably give it to whoever has the best computer.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

VikingSkull posted:

Also, has anyone else got the 15x yet?

I thought that was a myth...

It baffles me that this game has a bunch of guns and items that I haven't actually ever seen in game. Why is there a prohibition era Tommy gun in the lobby? Is that actually in the game?

I found an 8x scope today in a random apartment and it felt as though I was carrying the Hope diamond.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Tommy gun can come in the airdrop crates.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I wish airdrop crates came down quicker

I've seen two that took so long to fall they were outside the blue gas

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Whelp I.ve seen something new in the OC servers on solo. Guy running two accounts and has the first one stand out in the open and go to loot. Kill him go loot and "Dimmy sniped you with a sniper rifle"

Has happened twice

Also, gently caress playing squads. Played 5 matches and not a single one on voice comms and no one even remotely dropped near each other.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Don't match into squad solo, are you crazy?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
In Australia my usual Ausgoon group doesn't play. :(

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

I wish airdrop crates came down quicker

I've seen two that took so long to fall they were outside the blue gas

It's the lag that's slowing down the rate that the crate falls, as crates are supposed to land inside the next circle.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUNIgo1xR3k

this game certainly has a physics engine

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Raged posted:

In Australia my usual Ausgoon group doesn't play. :(

Hey if the time of day is right you can always come-a-waltzing-Matilda with us.

Orv
May 4, 2011

The most incredulous part of that is that you took like, two damage. We once had entire care full of people take 30% HP loss going through a chain link fence. :argh:

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
The group I play with had three friends join who were new to the game so we made two squads of three and queued up together so we could show them the ropes. We actually ended up together and won the game as a squad of six and it was hella unfair but really fun. Bit dickish for the other squads that made it far into the game and we probably won't do it again but it did make me realise that a mode for squads of six would probably be hilarious. Also, in-house games where you play on a portion of the map that corresponds to the amount of people that play so you could make your own 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3 league of sorts.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Parallel Playa posted:

The group I play with had three friends join who were new to the game so we made two squads of three and queued up together so we could show them the ropes. We actually ended up together and won the game as a squad of six and it was hella unfair but really fun. Bit dickish for the other squads that made it far into the game and we probably won't do it again but it did make me realise that a mode for squads of six would probably be hilarious. Also, in-house games where you play on a portion of the map that corresponds to the amount of people that play so you could make your own 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3 league of sorts.

There probably isn't a large risk of being caught, especially not in the game's current state, but as I understand it people have actually been banned for working together across squads, so I wouldn't make a habit out of it!

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I didn't know that. Definitely won't do it again then. I didn't want to anyway because it was a hollow victory but now we certainly won't. Thanks!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Wrote off this game because DayZ wasn't a very enjoyable experience and all the battle royale style games seemed like a janky mess, then fobbed off my friends who said they were enjoying it. Stupid decision, this game is great and really loving tense. First few matches had me dying stupidly, but on my fourth I found an autoshotgun and managed to take out four players before dying at number 25.

Best feeling was listening for shots coming from the side of me while trying to outrun the blue barrier. I decided to take a detour to find the source as it was nearby and not firing at me, only to find a dude on a tower sniping someone. I managed to walk all the way up next to him and BLAP BLAP dead sniper :3:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Orv posted:

The most incredulous part of that is that you took like, two damage. We once had entire care full of people take 30% HP loss going through a chain link fence. :argh:

30%? I was playing with my buddy and he said he could fit through a broken fence with a car. It clipped the entire car, burst into flames, and exploded in about 2s flat after trying to get through.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Checks out.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

VulgarandStupid posted:

Its tough to use, mostly because of the rendering issues with the game. You should probably give it to whoever has the best computer.

Luckily all the guys I play with run beastly rigs.

VulgarandStupid posted:

It's the lag that's slowing down the rate that the crate falls, as crates are supposed to land inside the next circle.

There's also the whole "crate is dropping on a tree/building and shifts over a millimeter at a time" thing that prolongs a crates descent.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

VikingSkull posted:

Luckily all the guys I play with run beastly rigs.

You basically just need to put the game on a SSD and have 16+ GB of ram. I only have 8 cause my CPU fan is too big to put more in and I'm lazy and don't want to remove it and re-seat the fan. I live with the kinda lag 8 GB gives me but a SSD made an absolute 100% performance boost. Went from loading some spots after a minute or two to always having full quality buildings, with some minor lag at times.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Orv posted:

Don't match into squad solo, are you crazy?

matching into squad solo is usually more fun than playing solo imo

Orv
May 4, 2011
I should clarify I mean don't matchmake into squad by yourself, that is crazy. Queueing solo with no matchmaking for squad, is a cool and weird challenge mode.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Hot Karl Marx posted:

You basically just need to put the game on a SSD and have 16+ GB of ram. I only have 8 cause my CPU fan is too big to put more in and I'm lazy and don't want to remove it and re-seat the fan. I live with the kinda lag 8 GB gives me but a SSD made an absolute 100% performance boost. Went from loading some spots after a minute or two to always having full quality buildings, with some minor lag at times.

Yeah I have mine on an SSD and I have 32GB of RAM so I have zero issues running the game. Still run everything on the lowest besides view distance just for the performance, though.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
First of all

Solo is the one true game mode

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Orv posted:

Yeah, I was driving. Some chain link fences break easy, some of them chunk your car and nearly kill everyone. Seems fair. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

First of all

Solo is the one true game mode

The wins feel the best on solo.

But if you have a crew that works together well, duo and squad are fun as poo poo.

• Locked thread