Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Peko, what in the gently caress. :psyduck: And that sword thing really was some bullshit, wow. I like how in the Finish the Thought image it looks like the window would still be impossible to reach even if standing on tippy toe on the very top of the sword.

LonelyMudkip posted:

One loose end that hasn't been resolved is the three people who discovered the body.

That's what I'm assuming Sonia's interruption involved. The third/person accomplice is pretty obviously Fuyuhiko at this point. Unless the game has more batshit revelations for us.

quote:

I'm thinking either Peko is the killer and is protecting an accomplice

'Protecting' someone she was/is willing to let die with the rest? And Fuyuhiko is okay with himself and everyone else being killed in order to take out an accomplice after the fact who had nothing to do with his sister's actual murder. This doesn't make much s--you know what, what am I saying, nothing about this case makes sense. Justice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

:siren: Click here to watch this update's video! :siren:

: U-Um... Pardon me... Can we have a little bit more time...? Please let us continue our discussion...
: Continue our discussion...? But isn't the voting over?
: Y-Yes, but...I cannot help but feel strange... Something about this is definitely strange...

...Huh?

: Strange...? What do you mean? There's no doubt that Peko is the killer!
: That...is true... However...

: As a serial killer enthusiast, you're wondering if Peko is really Sparkling Justice, am I right?
: ...Huh!?
: Hey, Miss Sonia isn't a serial killer enthusiast! She just has a little more passion about them than most!
: That makes her an enthusiast!

: Honestly, it felt strange to me too. I mean... There's a distinct difference between what we know about Sparkling Justice and Peko, right?
: A d-distinct difference?
: You know... Sonia described Sparkling Justice like this...

: Justice Complete! The center of justice that is pierced by justice! The lead star of justice that shines in the night sky!
: That would be me...Sparkling Justice!
: ...Wh-what the heck...was that?
: That...is Sparkling Justice's catchphrase.
: An unknown serial killer...has a catchphrase...?
: I read it in a magazine in the library. There has only ever been one person--a journalist--who has interviewed Sparkling Justice... The article was written in their native language, so I tried translating it.

I see... So that's what it was... I think I've got the difference between the serial killer and Peko...!

> Nationality

: That's right... According to what Sonia said...

: The article was written in their native language, so I tried translating it.

: If she had to translate it... That means it wasn't written in English, right?
: ...Huh!?
: Yes! The magazine I read was written in Spanish!
: So...Sparkling Justice's catchphrase was no doubt written in Spanish as well...
: Which means the journalist...and Sparkling Justice...are both...!

: From Spain!?
: WHAAATT!?
: ...

All this time...I completely misunderstood. When I first heard about those serial killers, Genocide Jack and Sparkling Justice... I just assumed both serial killers were from the same country...

...But that wasn't that case. If so...

: Peko...you're not Sparkling Justice... There's no way that's possible...
: Or if you insist that you're Sparkling Justice, can you try saying that catchphrase in Spanish?
: ...Would you be able to do that?

Music fades out.

: ...Hmph...it appears that...the time has come for this mask to come off...

: However, that's perfectly fine... It's no longer necessary. And...even if you find out now, it's too late for you all to do anything about it. My duty...has already been finished. My duty as a tool...has already been completed in full.

: H-Huh...? Looks like...she's back to normal...?
: That mask has fulfilled its purpose...just as I have.
: Wh-What do you mean...? "Fulfilled its purpose"... "Too late"... What are you getting at?
: Now that you've already cast your votes...is what it means.

...Huh?

: H-Hey... Be clearer! We're asking you what your purpose was!

: I have no purpose... I am just a mere tool...
: T-Tool...? What do you mean?
: She called herself a tool...which means someone else used her, then?
: Hmph, of course... A tool cannot do anything on its own.

: I see...I finally understand... Well, I did have a sneaking suspicion all along...
: What...do you mean?
: I mean, besides Peko and Hiyoko, someone else was also at the beach house.
: S-Someone else!?
: There *is* proof that establishes that fact. Try to remember it.

The proof that there was one more person at the scene of the crime...?

> The body discovery announcement

: Are you...talking about the body discovery announcement?
: Yep, that's right. I mean, didn't Monokuma say so earlier?

: So what about this time? Is it three people including the killer or not?
: ...Jeez. Fine, fine. You want me to say it? It doesn't include the killer this time, okay? ...All done.

: That announcement is made when at least three people discover a body... And in this particular case, the killer, Peko, is not one of those three.
: If that's the case, it would mean only Hiyoko and Kazuichi discovered the body, but...
: ...I see, that leaves us one person short.

: So that means there was one more person in the beach house!
: Plus, the fact that Monokuma tried to hide that truth from us by being flexible with his own rules... That's such a vital clue that it could alter the outcome of the trial. Like an accomplice, for example--
: No, that's not it...
: ...Huh? Am I wrong?

: Yes. From your basic way of thinking about it, you are wrong. Didn't I tell you...? I'm just a tool. That means I'm just a simple tool to be used by that person.

...Huh?

: Therefore...that person would have the strongest motive out of anybody else here, right?

: The only person left with a strong motive and connection to the game is...!

: ...Is it Fuyuhiko?
: I see... Now I finally see the connection... The connection between the motive and the incident...

: But even if it's just the motive, it's just a game, right? There's no reason to believe it's even true. Would you call a game like that...a strong motive?

No...the events that occurred in the game should've definitely occurred in real life... There's overwhelming proof of that too...

> Present "Ending Prize"

: I didn't think it was necessary to confirm it if it didn't have anything to do with Mahiru's murder, but...
: There's no doubt that game is based on actual events. That much is clear if you saw the ending prize.

: The photos awarded for beating the game are not actual in-game screenshots... They're all...actual photos...with the surrounding scenery cropped out...

: You...knew all along, Fuyuhiko...didn't you?

: You knew whether or not the first victim in the game was actually your little sister...right?

: Because...whoever beat the game first and received the ending prize...

: Hey...what's that envelope? What's inside?
: Sh-Shut up! What makes you think you have any right to question me!?

: It was the envelope, right? The person who received the ending prize... It was you, wasn't it?
: Tch...!
: If you were shown a photograph of your sister's dead body, you'd have no choice but to believe it... Even so, you wanted to deny the truth...that's why you sent those photos to Mahiru to confirm it.

: H-Hey... Why are we talking about Fuyuhiko? Who cares...?
: Cause...Peko is the killer, right?
: But...we already voted!

: That's why I told you...you're all too late. As I said before, I exist as nothing more than a tool... I had no motive for killing Mahiru... No reason to kill...not even the will to kill... I was simply used as a tool. As long as I am a tool, I cannot defy my orders.
: H-Hey...what's goin' on? Can anyone gimme a simpler explanation...?

: It means...I'm not the killer! The true killer, who used me as their weapon to kill Mahiru Koizumi, was Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu!
: What!?
: What the helllll!?

: I see... That's what you were aiming for all along.
: No...I have no aim. But my young master does. My young master planned this from the start.
: Y-Young master...?
: That...is the truth of this case. I'm sure you realize it by now, but it's too late. You cannot undo the vote...

: That's a problem... If Peko's allegation holds up, that means our vote was incorrect.
: I-In that case, the person who gets to live is...
: Just...me...?
: Th-That's nutes! No matter how you look at it, that's completely insane!

: H-How...would Peko be a tool in the first place...? Peko is a legitimate human being!!!
: That's not for you to decide... It's for Monokuma...
: The votes have been cast! All we can do now is wait and see what Monokuma decides!

: Wh-What the hell...?
: Hmmm...I'm in a bind, and what a bind it is...

: I guess for now...let's take a quick recess! We'll be right back after this commercial break!

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
So... my confusion about the catchphrase needing to be translated became relevant? Go loving figure I guess.

Anyway, I expect that Monokuma will decide that no, Peko counts as a human and was in fact the killer. I mean, otherwise our group would die right? Unless of course this becomes teen Yakuza sim now.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That seems like a pretty dumb plan when they could have tried having Peko frame herself for a murder while he actually committed it. Way to waste your one suicidally loyal minion on some dubious wordplay!

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Well I guess it's over now, who could have guessed everyone would be killed by a stuffed bear after only two trials, but legally it holds up. What a twist!

(Still digesting this newest descent into the weird, but drat do I love the crazy Peko face...)

We better get some explanation from Fuyohiko himself soon though. Something tells me it might be more coherent.

Sindai posted:

That seems like a pretty dumb plan when they could have tried having Peko frame herself for a murder while he actually committed it. Way to waste your one suicidally loyal minion on some dubious wordplay!

I was wondering that myself. Everyone would have died regardless if they'd managed to pin it on Hiyoko. Hell, just tell her to stab Nagito and then confess. No confusion over motives there, and he wants to help.

Zoe fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 4, 2017

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Considering Monokuma just said that the three people that allowed the body discovery announcement to go out didn't include the killer this time (and Fuyuhiko IS counted in those three) then everyone's vote would be valid.

I mean, which would Monokuma find more entertaining: leaving a single yakuza brat alive to discover a world where he might mean all of a wet fart (because we're still post The Most Despair-Inducing Event In History.)
Or him both spiting Peko at considering herself to be a mere tool and proving her correct by gruesomely killing her in some way in which she becomes like, a hammer or something?

But I agree that this murder plan has one too many layers for the sake of having that extra layer.
I can't believe I forgot that Sonia translated the phrases from Spanish too.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

He could also do a double execution, just cause, as an option.
I hope not, I like angry, wanna be gangster boy.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I assume the language Sonia translated that quote from was English in the original version? It always weirds me out when the characters are obviously Japanese but the translation refers to them speaking English.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I think it was actually still Spanish, but it's been a long time since the last LP.

Discomusic
Aug 8, 2016

FPzero posted:

: I guess for now...let's take a quick recess! We'll be right back after this commercial break!

Is this...a real thing that was in the real game?
It is just fanmade, right? Please tell me that it is just fanmade...

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
We should all weep for losing out on the chance to play "Sakura of War". She was the best character.

It's really wonderful how committed the game/Monokuma is to trolling you, the player, as well as the characters. It's not Cavia level, but it's got it's own charm.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Discomusic posted:

Is this...a real thing that was in the real game?
It is just fanmade, right? Please tell me that it is just fanmade...

That is a real thing, that really is in the game.

gently caress you, too, Spike-Chunsoft.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.
...Well, nice to see our suspicions about Fuyu and Peko being in cahoots were right after all, but drat. This is getting dafter than usual.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Well heres the thing: if Peko gets classified as a tool then Fuyohiko gets spared and everyone else dies, but if this happens then Peko dies too, but then that would make her a student and therefore she can't be a Tool and thereby the actual killer, QED.

:psyboom:

Or somthing, I dunno.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
: It means...I'm not the killer! The true killer, who used me as their weapon to kill Mahiru Koizumi, was Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu!
: QUESTION!
: Uh...what?
: Remind me again what was used to kill Mahiru.
: Don't clam up. What was it?
: A baseball bat.
: And who was the one who swung the baseball bat?
: I did...but I was a tool to...
: No. If you were a tool, then that'd mean Fuyuhiko would have swung you at Mahiru to kill her. Question is who killed her. YOU killed her. End of discussion.

Or, that's how it would have gone if Monokuma didn't seem to want to kill everyone in the first place. This is especially sneaky but also dumb at the same time.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
It was said in the first game, and in this one, that whoever came up with the plan is the real culprit regardless of who actually did the killing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Peko and her semantics.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: I'd like to apologize beforehand for how long this update is. There's never a good place to cut these end of trial scenes into two updates so we get this extra long one instead.
: Just like last time, I'm providing a video of this update even though it's mostly just text because these end-of-trial scenes usually feature unique voice lines and cutscenes.

:siren: Click here to watch this update's video! :siren:

: Ahem! Although there were some twists and turns along the way, the one who killed Mahiru Koizumi is...
: H-Hold on a sec...!
: Okay, I'll wait. So sorry...I'm just hesitating!

: Th-There's no need to hesitate! No matter how you look at it, Peko's the killer!
: ...Why?
: Wh-Why...?
: Well, that's obvious! You're not a tool, you're a friggin' human being!
: If I'm a human, then I'm not a tool... If that's what you're saying, you're wrong.

: Because...you just don't know. You just don't know that there are people who only exist to be tools. ...People such as myself.
: Only exist...to be tool...?
: ...What does she mean, Fuyuhiko?

: ...Peko...and I...grew up together.
: Are you two...childhood friends then?

: No...it's completely different than that. Right after I was born and abandoned by my parents...the Kuzuryu Clan took me in.
: They gave me a reason to exist. I am to fulfill my duty as my young master's property.
: ...Property, you say?

Music fades out.

: It means she's...a hitman arranged by my clan to work directly under me...

: If my young master is attacked, I must defend him as his shield... If he intends to kill, I must be his sword... That is my only reason for living. Before I am human...I am my young master's tool, first and foremost. Until this body of mine can no longer move... I shall fulfill my duty until the very end...!

: But that is... You are wrong... You are not a tool, Peko. Because...if you are a tool...
: Then what was all that time...we spent together!?
: ...Nothing.
: Huh!?
: I was ordered by my young master to behave... Just as I was ordered to...interact with you all...
: Wha-!?

: "Our professional relationship doesn't exist on this island. We're just fellow high school students now..." Right after we arrived on this island, that is what my young master ordered me to do.
: That is why you were hiding your relationship, you mean?
: It's not as if...that started the moment we arrived on this island... Before that, my young master has always told me to hide our relationship. My young master loathes relying on his household's power... He even hates me, the tool given to him by his household...
: No matter what I am told, I am nothing but a tool for killing... If my young master intends to kill, it is only natural for me to act as his tool.
: Then...the one who tried to kill Mahiru wasn't you, it was...Fuyuhiko?

: I-It is what it is... When I thought I beat that game...I was suddenly given these photographs... ...
: Dammit...I don't understand... Why is my sister...in these photos...?
: And she's...she's covered in blood! What does it mean!? Why can't I remember!? How come I don't even know if my sister is dead!?

: You...tried to confirm it with Mahiru...and that's why you wanted to talk to her...
: Yeah... I sent her the photo because I wanted to make sure she'd respond... But she never replied back to me... Not only that...she started avoiding me, too...
: I'm pretty sure...Mahiru was confused, too... I mean, we all were... Before anyone played the game, we didn't even know this incident had happened... That's why, even if we were told that we're connected to it, there's no way we could accept it.
: You know, when Mahiru spoke to Ibuki, she mentioned something about this!

: Ah, sorry! I actually have plans to go to the beach with everyone...
: ...Wait, huh? You're not gonna go, Mahiru? If you wanna talk about it there, it'd be totally fine.
: Um, it's pretty important... So...you know...it'd be troubling to involve the others...
: You sound...pretty serious.

: Serious or not...I can't really do anything about it on my own so I wanted someone to think about it with me...
: If I need to make amends, I would but...I don't even know how...
: That definitely sounds serious! I can cancel my beach plans for you.

: N-No. It's fine. It's important that everyone gets along anyway! Just tell them I'm not feeling well... Plus...it doesn't have to be today.
: There's...always tomorrow...

: She...wanted to discuss how to make amends... But Hiyoko was the only one who accepted her invitation...
: I should have gone too...
: But it was rather convenient for you, wasn't it Fuyuhiko? If you could make use of their plan to meet each other alone, you could easily lure Mahiru into a trap, right?
: By calling both of them to the beach house, you were able to pin the blame on Hiyoko.
: Seriously, what the heck!?

: "An eye for an eye"... That's the world I live in. My little sister was murdered... If the reason that happened was because of some person here...
: I have no choice but to kill that person on my sister's behalf, right!?
: And so...my young master thought of a plan and executed it.
: I wanted to use a bat as the murder weapon because in the game, that's what was used to kill Girl E. For revenge...clubbing the person to death the same way my sister was killed just seemed to make sense... Even if it ruined my disguise, it was the only thing I could do to avenge my sister...
: So that is why you...killed Mahiru with the bat?
: But still...I believed her up till the very last minute. That that game was just a work of fiction... But even so...that bitch!

: Hey, if that game is actually real... Are you the one who killed Girl E?
: Hey...I don't want to hear about that...!
: The fact that your sister was killed is terrible... It's unfortunate...but...
: You shouldn't have killed that girl!
: Wh-Who cares about that, just answer me! What do you know about that game...?

: You had no right to do that! Nobody has the right to judge others for their crimes! Revenge...is just wrong!

: Want me to be honest...? This whole time...I was acting like a coward... Even after I called over Mahiru... I was still trying to find an excuse to not go through with the plan...
: But after she said that to me...that all went out the window...! I got really pissed off and grabbed the metal bat that I hid under the bench... But at that moment...

Music cuts out.

: Young Master called for me and made me kill Mahiru.
: ...Huh?

: Young master...I am finished.

: Y-You... Are you saying that you killed because you were ordered to?
: A tool is not defined by its will, but by its actions.
: I-I don't get this at all!

: Well, of course you don't understand. Cuz humans are completely different from one another. Everyone's birthplace and upbringing is different. It's obviously impossible for them to understand each other.
: So everyone just pretends to understand...and pretends to be understood.
: Hey...you're too annoying. Can you just be quiet?
: Okie-dokie, I'll be quiet.

: Afterward...just as my young master planned, I proceeded to tamper with the scene of the crime. However, I also considered the possibility of being found out...
: So in order to get you guys to make the wrong choice, I decided to make use of that serial killer story.
: You insisted that you were Sparkling Justice in order to make us hasten our votes...?

: So...we fell for it... We fell for her trick all along...!
: That's right... You guys have made the wrong decision. You voted me, a mere tool, as the killer, unaware that my young master was the true killer...
: H-Hold on! Don't act like our loss has been decided yet!
: No, it should be decided already. Isn't that right, Monokuma?

: I'll admit, all this talk about Peko being a tool sounds pretty persuasive. When you approach it from various angles, it makes sense that Fuyuhiko is actually the true killer...
: H-Hold on! I'm telling you to hold on!

: I see... So for Peko, Fuyuhiko himself is your true hope, then? On his behalf, you killed Mahiru...and now you're trying to sacrifice us so that you can protect him.
: You would only go that far because he's your one and only hope...
: Wrong... I have no hope. I am just...
: A tool?
: Well, even if we ask her, she'll probably just play dumb anyway...

: So I'm going to ask someone else. Hey Fuyuhiko, what do you think?
: A-About what...!?
: Is Peko just a tool to you? Using that tool... Surviving by sacrificing Peko and the rest of us...

: Is that your hope!?
: ...Tch!

: H-Hold on...! What's the use of asking something like that!?
: Huh? You seem distressed. A mere tool doesn't panic like that, right?
: Peko...be honest... Are you trying to protect Fuyuhiko of your own free will?

: Fuyuhiko... Can you tell me the truth? The fact that she killed on your behalf, the fact that she lied to us by acting like the killer... Are those all things you ordered her to do? Is that the truth?
: I...I...
: ...Fuyuhiko?

: I know you hate our guts but...
: If you listen to Peko, we're all gonna die!
: I...!

: Young master... You just have to tell the truth. I was only following your orders... You just have to tell them that.

Music fades out.

: Fuyuhiko... You mentioned this before but...

: In this situation, interacting with others will just shorten your lifespan... Those idiots, Byakuya and Teruteru, are proof of that.
: Plus...it'd be frustrating to be held back by affection when it's my time to kill!
: You...you're still saying that...

: Of course... I'll sacrifice the lives of everyone here if it guarantees my survival.

: You don't really feel that way, right? You're not that kind of person. Because...if you were... You wouldn't be hesitating...like you are now, right?
: Tch...!
: There's no need to hesitate, young master! Please just tell them the truth! Young master, you were the one who ordered me... I just did as I was told because I am a tool!

: Fuyuhiko...this could be considered your ultimate choice. Regardless, either way you'll still lose Peko but...
: If you insist you're the killer just as she said, you can sacrifice us and survive alone.
: Or would you rather reject Peko and fight alongside us against despair? Which one will be your hope? Let's hear what you have to say.
: I...I...!

: Young master...I am finished.
: Y-You...! What the hell did you do!? Y-You already know, right...? What's going to happen...after you kill someone!
: I did it because I know. There is no way I can let that happen to you...
: Ngggh...! ...Hey Peko... Do you remember what I told you when we first arrived on this island...? Our professional relationship doesn't exist on this island... We're just fellow high school students not... You need to run, got it!? Just let me take the fall so you can get away!
: Young master...that is impossible.
: Sh-Shut up! I'm ordering you not to worry about me!
: There is no way I cannot worry about you... I am...my young master's tool... A tool to protect my young master... Without an owner...a tool serves no purpose.
: God dammit, we are DONE with that crap! Why won't you listen to what I'm saying!?
: ...Regardless, I will not flee... Besides...I'm fairly certain they'll discover the truth soon enough.
: Th-Then...why did you!?
: I have a plan...
: ...Huh? A plan?
: Please do not worry... I promise I will keep my young master alive and return him safely home...
: Y-You idiot... What do you intend to do...?
: ...I intend to fulfill my duty as your tool. Now please, go! Hiyoko will be waking up soon! After you leave, I must block the door to the road with Mahiru's body... Hurry!
: ...D-Dammit...! You better run away, got it!? Just forget about me... Forget about the Kuzuryu Clan...
: ...You better escape!

: So how about it Fuyuhiko? Please...tell me the truth...

Music cuts out.

: ...I'm sorry, Peko... I guess...I couldn't go through with it after all...
: Y-Young master!

: Cause...if that's actually what I have to do to survive... I'd just feel ashamed of myself. It'd mean I can't live without depending on something... I'd just feel disgusted with myself...
: And...if I admit that... It means...you really are just a tool to me. How many times did I tell you...? I don't want a tool given to me by the Kuzuryu Clan...
: Young master...!

: Ohhh myyyyy, so this is how it turned out!
: And here I thought it'd be more brutal and heartless... Man, how disappointing! Which means...everything happened thanks to her meddlesome actions!
: There's no way a human *that* meddlesome could ever be considered a tool!

: Monokuma... You knew all along, didn't you? You knew about what Peko and Fuyuhiko discussed...
: Well, it's obvious now... I mean, that's why you have surveillance cameras. You were just having fun, huh?
: Maaaan! Even if it was an act of desperation, Peko's claim was surprisingly interesting!

: Puhuhu, you're actually the first to try to influence the outcome of the trial like that...
: But tooooooo bad! You're definitely the killer! Peko, the tool with a heart, is the killer!

: Peko... I'm sorry I couldn't fulfill your request. Even though...you did all that to provide me the chance to survive... But I...

Music cuts out.

: ...I had a feeling it would turn out like this.

: Young master... You have a kind heart, despite being a yakuza... That's why...you question your position and constantly worry about it... For you to sacrifice someone else just to escape by yourself... I believed you wouldn't accept that so easily.

: We've been together ever since we were children. Even a tool would understand that.
: Th-Then...why...?
: Even so...I wanted you to escape. I wanted to protect you...
: Peko...
: I am terribly sorry I will not be able to serve by your side until the very end...young master. ...Good bye.

: And...I'm sorry for what I've done to you all, too. It may be a selfish request but...please forgive my young master.
: And please do not cause a senseless killing such as this...ever again...!
: O-Of course...
: Ngh...Peko...!

: That will do, Monokuma... Why don't you start it already? Just so you know, I will never feel despair. As long as I am a tool...I am fully prepared to die.
: Puhuhu, soooo cool! But will you be able to maintain that composure until the very end? People who act as proud as you always shed tears of despair in the end.
: Noooow then! Let's begin!

: ...Young master Fuyuhiko... Please permit me to make one final selfish request...
: Didn't I tell you...not to call me "young master"...?
: I want you to remember...the tool, Peko Pekoyama, who used to stand beside you... I would like it if you remembered that.

: ...That's it.
: How many times...do you have to keep... I don't need any tools...
: You...did...say that...
: Then let's begin! The punishment time brimming with despair!

: Jeez... Why don't you get it yet...?
: This time, for the Ultimate Swordswoman, Peko Pekoyama...

: You stayed by my side...all this time... Why don't you get it...?
: I've prepared a special punishment for you!
: I never needed...a sword...or a shield...

: I never needed...a tool... S-So...

: You didn't...need to become a tool...
: Let's give it everything we've got!
: You just...you just needed to be yourself...

: I... I never wanted a tool! I just wanted you! Only you!

: ...Young master?
: Wh-Why!? Why couldn't you understand!? We've always been together, ever since we were kids!

: Let's go! It's...PUNISHMENT TIIIIIME!

Music fades out.

: P-Please Peko! Don't go...!

: I need you! Don't leave me!

: Young...master?

: ...Young master!

:siren: CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO :siren:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
... Wait was that a twofer? Monokuma :argh:

Once again Nagito cuts to the heart of the matter.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Jeez, I went from despising Fuyuhiko to feeling bad for him that quickly and then the game just goes lol and loving kills him.

But yeah, Nagito's far and away the sharpest one here when he's not going :swoon: over the brightness of hope.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
And I think we're pretty much caught up with where the last LP was, correct?

See kids? This is why you should hem and haw about your feelings and emotions. Be blunt and brutal! That's the Monokuma way!

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

RedMagus posted:

And I think we're pretty much caught up with where the last LP was, correct?

See kids? This is why you should hem and haw about your feelings and emotions. Be blunt and brutal! That's the Monokuma way!

Nope, we got as far as the start of Trial 3 - or close to it.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Kuzuryuu and Peko can both go to hell. I mean the Twilight whatever game actually says that Kuzuryuu already got his revenge on the actual killer. He and Peko did work together planning this murder (even if he wanted an excuse to call it off). He had no remorse about that, he didn't care, and yet he actually had the nerve to get angry and try to kill Mahiru for...what? He WAS going to kill her before Peko grabbed the bat out of his hands. So he deserves no sympathy in my eyes.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Apr 7, 2017

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Robindaybird posted:

Nope, we got as far as the start of Trial 3 - or close to it.

We never had an update with the Trial, but the next update, if it had continued, would have been the first trial update.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Kuzuryuu and Peko can both go to hell. I mean the Twilight whatever game actually says that Kuzuryuu already got his revenge on the actual killer. He and Peko did work together planning this murder (even if he wanted an excuse to call it off). He had no remorse about that, he didn't care, and yet he actually had the nerve to get angry and try to kill Mahiru for...what? He WAS going to kill her before Peko grabbed the bat out of his hands. So he deserves no sympathy in my eyes.

He would have chickened out of the killing. That's why Peko did it instead, because he wasn't going to get it done. I even took it that the same thing probably happened during the Twilight Syndrome events, that Fuyuhiko caught Girl E, but couldn't bring himself to finish the job, so Peko did it for him again (well, the first time, but you know what I mean). I mean, that second part is just speculation, but the only reason I see for Peko to take the bat right out of Fuyuhiko's hands and kill Mahiru herself is that Fuyuhiko wasn't going to start swinging any time soon.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Oblivion4568238 posted:

He would have chickened out of the killing. That's why Peko did it instead, because he wasn't going to get it done. I even took it that the same thing probably happened during the Twilight Syndrome events, that Fuyuhiko caught Girl E, but couldn't bring himself to finish the job, so Peko did it for him again (well, the first time, but you know what I mean). I mean, that second part is just speculation, but the only reason I see for Peko to take the bat right out of Fuyuhiko's hands and kill Mahiru herself is that Fuyuhiko wasn't going to start swinging any time soon.

You're welcome to that opinion, but I don't agree with that. In his post-trial testimony, he said that he WAS trying to find a way out of it but them Mahiru goes "didn't you murder someone" and that got him so MAD that he picked up the bat, and... sounds to me like he was finally pushed past his breaking point and he really was going to kill.

The "what really happened" flashback also supports this.

This sounds like Peko snatched the bat out of his hands to keep him from becoming the killer, it does not sound like he was chickening out of it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

You're welcome to that opinion, but I don't agree with that. In his post-trial testimony, he said that he WAS trying to find a way out of it but them Mahiru goes "didn't you murder someone" and that got him so MAD that he picked up the bat, and... sounds to me like he was finally pushed past his breaking point and he really was going to kill.

The "what really happened" flashback also supports this.

This sounds like Peko snatched the bat out of his hands to keep him from becoming the killer, it does not sound like he was chickening out of it.

There is one issue with your argument though. Peko understanding of what Kuzuryuu really wanted was wrong and the lead up to the execution shows just that.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Hunt11 posted:

There is one issue with your argument though. Peko understanding of what Kuzuryuu really wanted was wrong and the lead up to the execution shows just that.

Kuzuryuu never disputed the claim that he and Peko were planning the murder, and he did not seem surprised to hear that Saionji was out cold in the closet in his flashback. Read the dialogue again:

quote:

: Want me to be honest...? This whole time...I was acting like a coward... Even after I called over Mahiru... I was still trying to find an excuse to not go through with the plan...
But after she said that to me...that all went out the window...! I got really pissed off and grabbed the metal bat that I hid under the bench... But at that moment...

: Young Master called for me and made me kill Mahiru.

After Peko jumped in, Kuzuryuu then went "Huh?" That wasn't acting, he was surprised at the interjection. That means, that everything he said before Peko jumped in was accurate. Kuzuryuu had a plan to kill. He was looking for an excuse to call it off, but even so, he got enraged and picked up the bat with the intent to kill. He said so himself.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Apr 7, 2017

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I think the thing is that Peko was never in on the plan in the first place, she was just following Kuzuryuu around because whilst he doesn't want her to be his servant/bodygaurd/whatever she cannot think of another life. So she jumps in of her own volition and Kuzuryuu didn't actually call out for her to do anything.

Kuzuryuu's entire thing right now is doing things for himself, he doesn't want to rely on Peko to do his dirty work. So of course he doesn't include her in the plan and she only happens to interrupt because she follows him around regardless of his own wishes.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Now things make a lot more sense. Semantics wasn't their plan, just a desperate attempt to salvage things after they went pear-shaped.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
So the sword thing was bullshit. Otherwise, Fuyuhiko would have been stuck.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Double Punctuation posted:

So the sword thing was bullshit. Otherwise, Fuyuhiko would have been stuck.

Nope, he just left before Peko moved Mahiru's body to block the door.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

I assume that if Fuyuhiko had killed Mahiru, he would have left from the door, as only Peko would have been able to get through the window. Apparently his half-baked plan (since he wasn't fully committed to killing her when they met) was only to keep Hiyoko out of the way from his meeting with Mahiru, and Peko was the one who thought of framing her by moving the body

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Also, it's worth mentioning again: what the gently caress is wrong with this school? To date, they've gotten a soldier, a serial killer, four gangsters - three of whom were related Yakuza - a chronic gambler, and a psychopath, along with a whole bunch of people who do not take kindly to those sorts. I would expect murders in real life.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Never question the rules of anime high school.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 8, 2017

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Their main criterion seems to be that the student excels in some field, no matter what it is. Extraordinary people aren't guaranteed to be nice, or even good.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

idonotlikepeas posted:

Their main criterion seems to be that the student excels in some field, no matter what it is. Extraordinary people aren't guaranteed to be nice, or even good.

In real life it's also somewhat true that the sorts of people who would be accepted into such a school tend towards having personality problems related to being extremely good at only one thing, not always of course. Which is kind of a theme of the games as a whole, being super awesome at one thing doesn't mean you can't have a lovely personality or life.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

That seemed like a really half-arsed attempt at a twist, and no reasonable person would go "oh, then clearly yakuza kiddy is the murderer, not the person who swung the metal loving bat".

Then again, Monokuma is far from reasonable...

Also baby yakuza and Peko is cute as.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

That seemed like a really half-arsed attempt at a twist, and no reasonable person would go "oh, then clearly yakuza kiddy is the murderer, not the person who swung the metal loving bat".

Then again, Monokuma is far from reasonable...

Also baby yakuza and Peko is cute as.

Yeah, I don't think Monobear was going to actually let her off the hook. But, when in doubt about his motives, always assume the most sadistic reason. What's more sadistic than framing the reason he's not going free as her fault for not being convincing enough and then provoking Yakuza kid into confessing his feelings for her. And all of that happens before she gets to see him potentially die right before she dies.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Capfalcon posted:

Yeah, I don't think Monobear was going to actually let her off the hook. But, when in doubt about his motives, always assume the most sadistic reason. What's more sadistic than framing the reason he's not going free as her fault for not being convincing enough and then provoking Yakuza kid into confessing his feelings for her. And all of that happens before she gets to see him potentially die right before she dies.

Pretty much, as we've seen - he'll go for the cruelest option: denying Steve information about his mother before killing him, destroying alter-ego in the manner he did in the first game, or denying Celeste her romanticized death by splatting her with a firetruck - so pretty much this was just him kicking the dog a few times before taking it behind the shed.

• Locked thread