Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Cythereal posted:

I'd watch Alien vs Terminator. Or better yet, Alien vs Predator vs Terminator.

This is a bad idea. Each of those has very different tones and worlds and should never be combined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Tom Cruise is immortal because he's a mummy

They've been putting out posters for Free Fire for quite a while now, they really started the marketing early for that.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

got any sevens posted:

They've been putting out posters for Free Fire for quite a while now, they really started the marketing early for that.

I like Wheatley but these posters tell me jack-all about the movie and left me completely cold. There will be guns, and actors. Alright.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Seems like it got everything across perfectly. Guns!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Free Fire apparently takes place almost completely in one warehouse, full of people with guns and reasons to hate each other.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Did Free Fire have trouble getting a distributor or something? I feel like I saw the first trailer a long time ago.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Skwirl posted:

Did Free Fire have trouble getting a distributor or something? I feel like I saw the first trailer a long time ago.

I've seen that drat "protection from infection" line so many times now I won't be able to even smile at it in theaters. Movie looks good, though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Please go see this movie.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Waffleman_ posted:

I love cloudtor Makoto Shincomet. He really knows his stuff.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Waffleman_ posted:

Sell me on it, because Anime Poster doesn't do it for me.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Dissapointed Owl posted:

It was the highest grossing film last year in Japan. It's very funny and touching. The animation is gorgeous.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dissapointed Owl posted:

It's a really well-done and beautifully animated love story that serves as a full realization of the director's previous explorations of the themes of star-crossed lovers being connected across space and time, with characters so realized and likable that you'll fall in love with them as they fall in love with each other.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dissapointed Owl posted:

It's Freaky Friday between a teenage girl living in the country and a teenage boy living in Tokyo but they don't know each other and it keeps happening. Everything about it is really well done and it is really funny, a touching love story and an exciting race against time.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Anyone mind saying the loving title?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's right below the Japanese title, it's Your Name.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Waffleman_ posted:

It's a really well-done and beautifully animated love story that serves as a full realization of the director's previous explorations of the themes of star-crossed lovers being connected across space and time, with characters so realized and likable that you'll fall in love with them as they fall in love with each other.

Broken Age: The Movie?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Waffleman_ posted:

No, that's clearly the tag line.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Waffleman_ posted:

Inzombiac seems like a weird name for it but ok!

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
P L A C E H O L D E R

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

zenintrude posted:

Kind of. No Elijah Wood, though.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

Shoehead posted:

Inzombiac seems like a weird name for it but ok!

Are you telling me you wouldn't see a movie called Inzombiac? "I can't sleep guess I better devour the living :shrug:"

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Peanut President posted:

Are you telling me you wouldn't see a movie called Inzombiac? "I can't sleep guess I better devour the living :shrug:"

"I can't sleep or I WILL devour the living."

It's like Elm Street but the villain is the protagonist. Like a sideways werewolf story.

SOMEONE MAKE THIS loving MOVIE ALREADY

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Waffleman_ posted:

Always good to see Makoto Shinkai putting out new stuff.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

zenintrude posted:

They don't blow the budget halfway-through and assemble a rushed ending made of sticks and felt.

gently caress Broken Age.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Inspector Gesicht posted:

They don't blow the budget halfway-through and assemble a rushed ending made of sticks and felt.

gently caress Broken Age.

Tim Schafer is a brilliant man. But he has never done a project on time or on budget

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Psychonauts was very good but falls apart at the end.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

FreudianSlippers posted:

Psychonauts was very good but falls apart at the end.

So does every other Doublefine game

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I played Grim Fandango for the first time earlier this year and that game totally holds up from beginning to end.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Waffleman_ posted:

I played Grim Fandango for the first time earlier this year and that game totally holds up from beginning to end.

That was LucasArts, a company that was run by people with budgeting and time management skills.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Costume Quest works from beginning to end

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I like Wheatley but these posters tell me jack-all about the movie and left me completely cold. There will be guns, and actors. Alright.

Quite frankly that's the movie and anything else is either inconsequential or a spoiler. It does take place entirely in a single warehouse on one night. If you don't want to see a protracted gunfight, this is not the movie for you.

If you do see it in a decent-sized theatre, I might recommend earplugs. When I saw it my ears were ringing for like an hour afterwards.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Improbable Lobster posted:

Brutal Legend was entertaining and fun at times, but then the game would suddenly become a poorly-designed RTS at seemingly random times. I don't think anyone knew what the finished product was actually supposed to be.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's funny too because the demo had no RTS bullshit in it. I wanna say none of the previews did either -- what a huge dupe. It was a pretty enjoyable open world 3rd person game but it just goes to total dog poo poo and I never finished it.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

How dare they cut Thor's flowing mane. Whoever is responsible better pay with their lives. :mad:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

And More posted:

How dare they cut Thor's flowing mane. Whoever is responsible better pay with their lives. :mad:

I suspect they will.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Nobody dies in an MCU movie.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

And More posted:

It always looked like a wig, I'm glad they knocked it off.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Vintersorg posted:

It's funny too because the demo had no RTS bullshit in it. I wanna say none of the previews did either -- what a huge dupe. It was a pretty enjoyable open world 3rd person game but it just goes to total dog poo poo and I never finished it.

I'm almost positive that nobody knew about the RTS element until they happened upon it while playing the game. I remember saying, "What the gently caress? Wait, now I'm in RTS? Is this the rest of the game? Or only boss battles?" when it first happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

On November 3rd

Chris Hemsworth is The Weeknd

In

Starboy: Ragnarok