Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

MrChips posted:

Sorry dude but you're way off-base here. Going from one restaurant to two is literally the hardest and most complicated thing you can do in a business where it's already insanely hard to succeed in even the best possible circumstances. An abundance of caution should be applauded in this case; anything more than that is reckless beyond belief.
Oh, didn't notice they only had one store. Yeah, slow expansion is better in that case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Shut the gently caress up about politics and economics.

Drink vodka and watch Bill Nye (I just set up Plex - sharing and streaming media is 100x easier than it was 3-4 years ago, esp for the layman or family members)

I just had to tell the SO that Plex is like Netflix for your personal stuff, and she got it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I need to get a plex server going one of these days.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I wish Costco sold Plex servers so I could get it for a very good price by employees that are paid well and also get a 1.50 hot dog with REFILL

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Dick's has 6 locations, 2 were built in the 50s 2 in the 60s, one in the 70's and they didnt expand at all beyond that until 2011 when they added a 5th store outside seattle.

even back in '99 when i was in high school they paid about 10 bucks an hour when the state minimum wage was 6 something an hour. they've always been committed to cheap food, better than standard wages and education assistance.

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Apr 9, 2017

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

You Am I posted:

There was a massive 12 car pile up in yesterday Supercar race in Symmons Plains in Tasmania

https://twitter.com/supercars/status/850602224560480256

Looks like a typical NASCAR wreck at Talladega or Daytona but a lot slower :v:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

BraveUlysses posted:

even back in '99 when i was in high school they paid about 10 bucks an hour when the state minimum wage was 6 something an hour

$6.55
You need more Kanye in your life

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

InitialDave posted:

Now that was just an accident, and it only happened twice.

Yeah, and I didn't even get her preggers, FFS!
Nah, none of that. I tend to agree that it was an excuse on the part of the host company. It really annoys me that it's jeopardizing my job with the company I actually work for. I'm under review, and I won't know the decision until next week, so I can't even look for a new contract right now. So, dang it, I'm enjoying the time off. Got a bunch of smaller and some bigger stuff done around the house and such.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Shut the gently caress up about politics and economics.

Drink vodka and watch Bill Nye (I just set up Plex - sharing and streaming media is 100x easier than it was 3-4 years ago, esp for the layman or family members)

I just had to tell the SO that Plex is like Netflix for your personal stuff, and she got it.

You have an SO already? Nicely done. Is that the coworker? Glad things are working out for you, dude.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Raluek posted:

You have an SO already? Nicely done. Is that the coworker? Glad things are working out for you, dude.

If memory serves he met someone else and it sparked his need to GTFO of his previous relationship.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I want a burger but it's 2 am, nothing's open and I personally blame each and every one of you.

A real burger, mind you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Enourmo posted:

I want a burger but it's 2 am, nothing's open and I personally blame each and every one of you.

A real burger, mind you.

Steak & Shake makes a few decent burgers but it is a crime that Five Guys closes at 10.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

There's a burger shop on campus that I tried recently, puts 5 Guys to shame. Has a built-in bar, too, and a good meal price for students.

Still close at 10 though, the fuckwits.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

If memory serves he met someone else and it sparked his need to GTFO of his previous relationship.

Yeah, that's P much it.

She's amazing, and coincidentally doesn't work on my channels anymore (EMS radio channels, different depending on city and type of call), so I'm not directly making GBS threads where I eat. She's a dispatcher and I'm field crew.

Not to get too detailed, but it seems we're at exactly the same stage... experimentally...as each other.

Random, but thank you all for the support. Here, Facebook, and my bus thread. It's all been pivotal in giving me motivation.

Once I figure out a situation for my cat, I'll be settled. The ex still has my cat that I got at HS graduation in 2005, and I literally had a nightmare about it the other night. I can't have cats at my current place. I know the ex will take good care of her, but it's the final niggle. Everything else is a thousand times better than it was before (don't wish any ill will on the ex - she's just got some incompatible issues).

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
If alcohol didn't make driving unimaginably dangerous, every trip to the bar would end at a 24hr pizzeria

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

So we've lit the fire for the first time this year. Took the kitties about 10 minutes to find it.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Ferremit posted:

So we've lit the fire for the first time this year.
Busman's holiday much? :tif:

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

a few cubic feet vs 260 acres, not much different really....

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Welp, tomorrow is going to be a cluster gently caress courtesy of the wife's grandma. Since we were taking care of their ranch for a few years which was incidentally when we purchased a couple cars, that's where our DMV tags go despite trying to change addresses with DMV, but that's a different story. Anyway, the grandma crashed her car so she has our mini on loan and I paid DMV tags for my taurus. Long story short, she saw my name and DMV with a shiny new tag in the envelope and promptly didn't read what car it was for and applied it to the wrong license plate. Can't wait to see how much in fees I'm about to get raped for. Remember kids, no good deed goes unpunished.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

She's amazing, and coincidentally doesn't work on my channels anymore (EMS radio channels, different depending on city and type of call), so I'm not directly making GBS threads where I eat. She's a dispatcher and I'm field crew.

Not to get too detailed, but it seems we're at exactly the same stage... experimentally...as each other.

You can say 'butt stuff' and we won't judge.

Happy to hear that you are happy (if a little sore when you sit down)

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Ferremit posted:

So we've lit the fire for the first time this year. Took the kitties about 10 minutes to find it.

Wanna pet dem kitties.

I live a pet free life due to allergies, but cats are so ideal for me and I wish I could have one.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

keykey posted:

Welp, tomorrow is going to be a cluster gently caress courtesy of the wife's grandma. Since we were taking care of their ranch for a few years which was incidentally when we purchased a couple cars, that's where our DMV tags go despite trying to change addresses with DMV, but that's a different story. Anyway, the grandma crashed her car so she has our mini on loan and I paid DMV tags for my taurus. Long story short, she saw my name and DMV with a shiny new tag in the envelope and promptly didn't read what car it was for and applied it to the wrong license plate. Can't wait to see how much in fees I'm about to get raped for. Remember kids, no good deed goes unpunished.

Don't you just need some replacement tags? Where I'm at there like, $11.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

The Door Frame posted:

If alcohol didn't make driving unimaginably dangerous, every trip to the bar would end at a 24hr pizzeria

Bring on self driving cars.

So. Dad got rushed to hospital this morning in a cardiac ambulance. Brother/niece/nephew were on their way to me for my son's birthday party and turned around. I had to carry on as if everything was normal and deal with a kids birthday party ducking out for occasional incoherent messages to see what was happening. Short story is he's had surgery and 2 clots removed and is spending the next week in a hospital bed. I'm going tomorrow to see him and make sure mum's okay too.

Stressful day. Modern medicine is magical.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Autocrossing a Challenger is about as fun as you think. It is a tad boaty and crises about in second complaining about these corner things.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Everyone in AI needs to go see Chips right now. It's better than Supertroopers.

Also, watch Dax's previous film Hit & Run. There's a few key scenes between the main character and his GF that will seem very familiar to you.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

McTinkerson posted:

Also, watch Dax's previous film Hit & Run. There's a few key scenes between the main character and his GF that will seem very familiar to you.

Isn't that the one co-starring his Lincoln?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Stressful day. Modern medicine is magical.
:ohdear: Hope it works out ok.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Isn't that the one co-starring his Lincoln?
Yes. His other half, too.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Raluek posted:

He has a loving dragon on the side of his VW bus of course he does

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

McTinkerson posted:

If you're wrong, them's fighting words.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

If you're wrong, them's fighting words.
Are you calling shenanigans?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

InitialDave posted:

Are you calling shenanigans?

I'll pistol whip the next man that says shenanigans!

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Friend wants to get a new vehicle because his clutch is going out and it's "loud on the road".

This is why I need a shop, either the help people fix it or to get a cheap Ranger to fix up.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Who wants a moustache ride?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

It's not every day that I love my inconsequential, ultimately vain, and definitely pointless, little life.

But today is one of those days!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ilkhan posted:

Isolated? No.
Normalized? Yes.

You should read the comments section of any MSN article between 2008 and 2016.

ilkhan posted:

If it was that successful they'd be adding dozens of stores, not one.

But I agree, I'd love to eat at that kind of place.

What does a burger there cost compared to McDonald's?

This is a really terrible argument because McDonald's burgers are absolute trash so unless you've already decided that this other burger that you've never had is also absolute trash, the answer to your questions is completely irrelevant.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

McTinkerson posted:

Everyone in AI needs to go see Chips right now.

Just don't come over all at once, my place isn't that big. :ohdear:

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

McTinkerson posted:

I thought the trailer looked kinda lame, but I read this interview with Dax and he's clearly AI.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wrestling Icon Rick Flair was in town for an event tonight and he was just ejected from a local outdoor bar for being a drunken rear end in a top hat and slapping girl's asses.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Netflix (Canada) is great again. We just got Fury Road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
The world got a little less funny today. We're out of time, Goodnight.

https://youtu.be/8-QNAwUdHUQ

• Locked thread