Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Roundabout Route posted:

For example: Termina. It was shown off in a single game and never alluded to again in the series. I'd like to take a trip back there and see the sights in true HD. But just exploring Termina 10,000 years later would be boring. I want to explore Termina as it would be after the moon fell on it.

I agree completely, but I don't think we'll ever see Termina again because it's just an alternate dimension that only that Link ever saw. I'd love open world Termina with all of it's quirks. Post moonfall would be pretty sweet as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I know people like to poo poo on timelines but I just want to see more continuity in the games. The direct sequel with Majora's Mask and the cartoon ones was pretty cool. And the reference to dead link in Twilight Princess was neato. I just like lore I guess.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Lore sucks. Do something new.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Turn Hyrule upside-down.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

euphronius posted:

Just started playing this weekend

Not sure I like the weapon breaking mechanic but I guess it kind of makes sense.

The one thing you'll learn is that weapons are everywhere. Don't get attached to them.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
links awakening but in breath of the wild

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Bar Crow posted:

They just did, so

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
without giving too much away what (from a skill/ability perspective) would be the best next Divine Beast to go do? I have done Vah Rutah the Elephant.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Does the Toon Link amiibo spawn Epona, or just the regular one?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Scratch-O posted:

Does the Toon Link amiibo spawn Epona, or just the regular one?

Only the smash link does.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Bar Crow posted:

Zora will become enemies again like they used to be but Lynel will take their place as a friendly race and just like with the Zora a bunch of them will want to marry Link.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Bleh. I did everything fun and now I am left with only the unfun parts. Specifically Vah Nabooris. That has been my final Divine Beast for like two weeks because everything leading up to it is unfun, the beast itself is unfun, and the boss is unfun. I love the Gerudo but they got shafted big time when it came to good dungeons and missions. I've got 80 shrines and I'm super OP because I'm just dicking around trying to avoid getting on the stupid camel. Riju has been waiting in the desert for at least a month of game time.

Basically, what do? Unfun part is making me not want to play.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

I thought the Gerudo side was super fun, soooo.... :shrug:

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

andipossess posted:

I thought the Gerudo side was super fun, soooo.... :shrug:

Yeah, compared Rito and Goron, Zora and Gerudo are probably the more realized Areas. Rito was some hottttt trash.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Yeah, compared Rito and Goron, Zora and Gerudo are probably the more realized Areas. Rito was some hottttt trash.

Oh, I'm not saying it's not well thought-out. I'm saying I hate aaaallllll of it and none of it is fun. I like the idea but in practice, NOPE. The Zora area is clearly the best because it has Prince Sidon. Rito was basically like, "Oh hey can you hit targets? OK then let's go." I was legitimately surprised when we were suddenly boarding Vah Medoh and I hadn't faced off against anything.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I always wanted to date a fish

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Someone in the thread said that the Rito would be a lot more sympathetic if, when you flew above a certain height in their area, you got zapped by a big fuckoff laser or something.

Anyway I just need a reason why I should do this boarding sequence for a dungeon I'm not going to like to fight a boss I'm going to find unpleasant tonight or whatever rather than to continue to put it off. Basically, what is in it for me if I do this unfun thing now rather than later?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

"girl gamer button"

:what:

It's a callback to the old switch thread

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What's the story on it?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I keep wondering if there's anything cool I'm missing. I can't believe there's a sidequest that's just "Get 55 rushrooms!" but things like
- Boom Boom Bam Golf
- Hebra Shield Sledding
- The Extravagant and Knight's Horse Gear sets
- Reviving the Horse Fairy
- (edit:)The miniboss medals of honor.
Could just go by you entirely if you think completing the Adventure Log is enough for all content that isn't Korok Seed/Compendium related.

Is there anything else that isn't covered by that? Obviously there's the Hylian Sheild and the Lord of the Mountain in the Compendium, but I think besides the above and getting all the Armor and upgrading it to the max, that's everything?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

The Lobster posted:

Someone in the thread said that the Rito would be a lot more sympathetic if, when you flew above a certain height in their area, you got zapped by a big fuckoff laser or something.

Anyway I just need a reason why I should do this boarding sequence for a dungeon I'm not going to like to fight a boss I'm going to find unpleasant tonight or whatever rather than to continue to put it off. Basically, what is in it for me if I do this unfun thing now rather than later?

not having to do it later

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Thunderblight is the only boss besides the final one that's actually cool

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

The Lobster posted:

If you do it now, you don't have it hanging over your head like a sword of Damocles preventing you from enjoying the game.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Finally finished all the memories. Cool how the last one sets up how things finished in the past.

I think I liked the mipha one the most, not even for the memory itself, I just really love her musical theme. Very pretty.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d45OHFtYdVc

Guess that's the end of that.

e: Dang, still only a silver rupee.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

not having to do it later

andipossess posted:

If you do it now, you don't have it hanging over your head like a sword of Damocles preventing you from enjoying the game.

I guess.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
the rito guy is the easiest one imo, thought that might just be because it was the last. I really wish there were more, more difficult places to explore than just the 4 beats + castle :( I'm eagerly awaiting the hard mode

Roundabout Route
Nov 4, 2009

Pens and swords can
go fuck themselves.

The Lobster posted:

Because it gives you an awesome ability.

Because it gives you (eventual) access to an awesome piece of equipment.

Because you won't be able to complete all the shrines/collect all the seeds until you do it.

Because it is a pain in the rear end to avoid a huge section of the desert under threat of getting zapped.

Because if you don't do it at all, you'll still have to fight the boss later anyway, and you won't get the true ending.

Because Riju is adorable and she is asking you very nicely to please help, and only a mean and probably ugly person would refuse her.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

The Lobster posted:

Do whatever, idiot.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Roundabout Route posted:

Because Riju is adorable and she is asking you very nicely to please help, and only a mean and probably ugly person would refuse her.

Sold.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cojawfee posted:

They just did, so

I wish the story was as good as the gameplay in this one, it's pretty meh at best.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't think there's anyway to clear the ring surrounding Death Mountain's peak while shield surfing.

That's disappointing. It would be great if there was some kind of Goron toughmans course there.

Also had a weird a glitch where I froze a guardian, and it fell through the floor of the world after it unfroze and tried to stand up.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Feenix posted:

without giving too much away what (from a skill/ability perspective) would be the best next Divine Beast to go do? I have done Vah Rutah the Elephant.

Follow your heart.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

The Lobster posted:

The Vah Naboris memory is my favorite in the game because it's the only DB memory with Zelda in it, and you basically never see the other champions interact with her.

Edit: Also Urbosa's power is the best because it lets you farm basically any enemy in the game even if you're incompetent at combat.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Apr 10, 2017

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

DalaranJ posted:

The Vah Naboris memory is my favorite in the game because it's the only DB memory with Zelda in it, and you basically never see the other champions interact with her.

Edit: Also Urbosa's power is the best because it lets you farm basically any enemy in the game even if you're incompetent at combat.

I definitely liked that memory, and I'm looking forward to that power which I think is super cool (only crappy power I think is the Goron one really) but I was just balking at the boarding the beast section specifically. I finally just sucked it up and did it after all you guys made me and it was pretty lovely but at least it's over and now I have a dungeon to solve. It's not as lovely a dungeon as I was thinking it would be but it's still not my favorite though. I can cheese it a bit with the Rito power I think.

Edit: None of the Beasts themselves are bad, but some of the boarding sections are pretty lame. I think I set myself up for disappointment by doing Vah Ruta first.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Feenix posted:

just explore and don't worry about that for now :)

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

DalaranJ posted:

I was gliding around in the Hebra Mountains trying to finish that one shrine quest with the big tree and there's a group of like six Silver Lizalfos and Moblins sitting around a fire surrounded by a few explosive barrels. I flew in and dropped a bomb on them and exploded everything and then landed in the middle and spun around with my Ancient Axe. Urbosa stunned them all and made them drop their weapons and I just continued spinning around finishing them off. It was probably one of the most satisfying fights I've ever had in a game before.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

The Lobster posted:

(only crappy power I think is the Goron one really)

It's significantly less bullshit when you turn it off and only turn it on when you need it, since it gives you magical auto-parry powers.

- Wasting it on random stalfos arrows: eh
- Preventing death when you gently caress up a guardian laser: ayyyy

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Jonas Albrecht posted:

That's disappointing. It would be great if there was some kind of Goron toughmans course there.

Yeah honestly I'm surprised there's no part of the mountain where Gorons roll from summit to bottom that you could shield surf down.

The cliff on the northern face of the mountain are pretty steep, especially on the east side. You could probably start from the ring and get to the bottom over there. But again its not as cool when you're not able to go from the very top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Apparently there's a drat paragliding course on Eventide Island after you beat the Shrine Quest there??? Hell yeah!
Also: just saw the final Kass song. That's really cool and again something I can't believe is so easily missable.