Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

dhamster posted:

This kid is pretty hype for Gigamaidens

https://youtu.be/XT13ijUfSts

I am loving disgusted by this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Just FYI I got some sick composers lined up to do music for it. I'd share a couple of tracks right now if I didn't know you guys were lying in wait to troll me with them by using them in TomR's version or whatever. So no tracks for you, wait for the game.

Cabbagepots fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 10, 2017

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Cabbagepots posted:

Just FYI I got some sick composers lined up to do music for it. I'd share a couple of tracks right now if I didn't know you guys were lying in wait to troll me with them by using them in TomR's version or whatever. So no tracks for you, wait for the game.

is it on steam? can I play it early to test

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Cabbagepots posted:

Barkley 2, Daikatana 2: The Quest for Superfly, and Bubsy 4D will all be out before gigamaidens

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Zand posted:

is it on steam? can I play it early to test

I'll release a free demo don't worry

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

CharlestonJew posted:

I think we're his only friends

He is always welcome in the CSGO pgs thread he became well acquainted with a while back

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Cabbagepots posted:

lol that you're so scared by random goons on some thing awful dot com

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
All these years of "work" and it's still gonna be way, way worse than Skullgirls.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

weird issue with my arcade cab pc- UMVC3 on steam just crashes every time i try to launch it. Runs fine on my other PC. Both are Win 10.

i've reinstalled it on multiple drives and the same thing occurs. AMD drivers and windows up to date. anyone have any ideas on what else I should be looking at?

Not seeing much on the steam forums of course. SFV runs full speed at max settings, just surprised by the weirdness with umvc3.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

weird issue with my arcade cab pc- UMVC3 on steam just crashes every time i try to launch it. Runs fine on my other PC. Both are Win 10.

i've reinstalled it on multiple drives and the same thing occurs. AMD drivers and windows up to date. anyone have any ideas on what else I should be looking at?

Not seeing much on the steam forums of course. SFV runs full speed at max settings, just surprised by the weirdness with umvc3.

Try a borderless window tool maybe. It might be trying to launch at a resolution completely different from your monitor.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Romes128 posted:

Try a borderless window tool maybe. It might be trying to launch at a resolution completely different from your monitor.

im actually running one already- http://store.steampowered.com/app/388080/ and forgot tbh. maybe thats causing the issue

is there a config.ini file for the game somewhere? i was looking for it before my 5 year old interrupted me with very important information about her littlest pet shop toys and forgot about it since.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Brosnan posted:

All these years of "work" and it's still gonna be way, way worse than Skullgirls.

I thought you loved Skullgirls

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Skullgirls is good, but there isn't enough characters. I need some chaff in order to appreciate the wheat.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I'm aiming for 14.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Cabbagepots posted:

I'm aiming for 14.

:pedo:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

He meant feet!

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
why would i want a gigamaiden with 14 feet. she'd look like a giant human centipede.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Why cater to only one fetish?

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Xand_Man posted:

Why cater to only one fetish?

Because I hate foot people.

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Cool interview: http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/10/15223966/the-making-of-samurai-shodown

quote:

We wanted to illustrate the terror of fighting weapon-to-weapon, the impact of fighting with a sword in the game. That’s why the damage of being cut by Haohmaru’s sword is significant in the game. The player loses over half of their life gauge when successfully cut by a sword. There was a lot of internal criticism about deducting so much life gauge with one attack. SNK management said this design had to be changed, but I thought it was very interesting to have players fight under the risk and fear of fighting with weapons and feel the destructive force of the sword, so I ignored them and kept it in the game.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Play SamSho

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Luna Was Here posted:

He is always welcome in the CSGO pgs thread he became well acquainted with a while back

Is it story time? I think it's story time

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Cabbagepots posted:

I thought you loved Skullgirls

The point is that you hate it, Garbageposts

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

The point is that you hate it, Garbageposts

It doesn't affect me because I am safe in the knowledge that it's simply not possible for anything to be worse than Skullgirls.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I, for one, want to know why cabbagepots thinks Skullgirls is the worst fighting game ever made

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Unrelated but was there any consensus on the quality or lack thereof of the recent Killer Instinct's AI and shadow system? I read a presentation about it and it's at least conceptually amusing so I'm intrigued whether their approach netted interesting results. Or should I assume no one around here ever plays single player anyway (or no one bought an Xbone)?

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I had KI when I had WIn10 for a month and never touched any of the single-player modes.

I do remember playing Virtua Fighter 4 on PS2 when I was a kid and that had a fun little shadow AI mode. I wouldn't touch it now but it was fun for the time.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Chev posted:

Unrelated but was there any consensus on the quality or lack thereof of the recent Killer Instinct's AI and shadow system? I read a presentation about it and it's at least conceptually amusing so I'm intrigued whether their approach netted interesting results. Or should I assume no one around here ever plays single player anyway (or no one bought an Xbone)?

I've messed around with it some, it actually does pick up on habits which is pretty neat. I know i'm pretty weak to getting hit with dp's so my shadow got blown the hell up after I saved a lot of shadow data. The system even seemed to catch on to how I generally sequence my combos with raam (making it way too easy to break.) It was a cool experience. I'm not sure how many people go out of their way to fight other shadows though, mine only fought a couple dozen times in the past year or so.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
The base AI in Killer Instinct is your standard does-random-stuff-but-input-reads-in-certain-situations. The Shadow Lab thing is a whole separate mode where you can train different characters to fight like you and then ideally someone else comes across them in their Shadow Survival game and you can see how well your murderous tamagochi did. No one really plays it though. Personally, I think KI has so much "I know that you know" type guessing baked into how it plays that I can't really understand the motivation to play a mode that replaces all that with a dumb, constantly spinning RNG wheel.

edit: Finished my brook universal mod on my first generation Madcatz TE stick:

I ended up just taking out the turbo/xbox panel thing and running the USB cord through that so I don't have to deal with drilling a hole somewhere in the front.

All in all I can definitely recommend the kit arcade shock sells, as far as putting everything together it made it really easy. Just, don't ever mod a first gen MC stick if you can help it, way too many plastic posts and screw holes and poo poo in the way, it's a mess in there. Also I have nowhere to connect the PS/Xbox wires from the wiring harness, so only Back/Select and Start are hooked up, but hopefully that will be as good as I ever need.

Trykt fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 11, 2017

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

inthesto posted:

I, for one, want to know why cabbagepots thinks Skullgirls is the worst fighting game ever made

I for one want to know what the Skullgirls think about the GigaMaidens

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Trykt posted:

The base AI in Killer Instinct is your standard does-random-stuff-but-input-reads-in-certain-situations. The Shadow Lab thing is a whole separate mode
Nah, see, their GDC presentation says they only have the shadow kind of AI, even for single player opponents. It's just that your personal shadow records new data whenever you train it in the shadow lab while the single player enemy AIs are static records (likely of devs and beta players, though they mention the possibility of patching regularly with new data to keep up with the meta). And I say "record" because that's the really interesting thing: their AIs are really just a bunch of replay data coupled with a search engine. Whenever the AI needs to make a decision, it just searches the replays for the most similar frame (not just in terms of positioning but based on a number of criteria and naturally a sprinkle of RNG) and replays the recorded input from there until the situation differs enough from the replay that a new search has to be made. No input reading from the player. That's why I find it to be so interesting conceptually.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
It doesn't really matter that it's technically not input reading, it's reacting inhumanly fast to certain game conditions (opponent is in the air and X distance from player, do an anti-air thing) which is effectively the same thing. Either way, it's not good or fun to play against. It's still just a training dummy that lets you hit it sometimes, and not other times.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

landing a heavy hit and doing 100% in one hit as haomaru when playing samsho5 was the most satisfying thing I've done in any fg

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Pardon the strange question but I'm having to make some weird wiring decisions with my stick.

Are there any fighting games where you'd actually need 8 buttons? Rising Thunder is the only one I can think of but it's 1. defunct 2. not a game anyone should give a poo poo about anyway

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Trykt posted:

Pardon the strange question but I'm having to make some weird wiring decisions with my stick.

Are there any fighting games where you'd actually need 8 buttons? Rising Thunder is the only one I can think of but it's 1. defunct 2. not a game anyone should give a poo poo about anyway

training menu shortcuts

edit otherwise just leave ppp and kkk disconnected and grab some hole plugs. i did it on my TE for a while

https://www.focusattack.com/sanwa-obsm-30mm-button-cap-hole-plug-black/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I use 7 buttons in Nitroplus Blasterz Heroines Infinite Duel.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

inthesto posted:

They are all short

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

This was enjoyable to read, but the way this interviewer phrases questions is terrible.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

In Training posted:

I use 7 buttons in Nitroplus Blasterz Heroines Infinite Duel.

what are the 6 and 7th buttons? assists?

BattleHamster posted:

This was enjoyable to read, but the way this interviewer phrases questions is terrible.

lol why does he give the interviewee choices in every question.. "is it this....or this?" like holy poo poo

Zand fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Apr 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Real hurthling! posted:

They are all short

How tall is Filia?