Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

Endorph posted:

i still dont understand why cole didnt lose at mania, it would have blown the whole thing off perfectly. instead they just kept it going for like another half year until it quietly fizzled out.

because they wanted to give Cole his Wrestlemania Moment(TM)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Endorph posted:

i still dont understand why cole didnt lose at mania, it would have blown the whole thing off perfectly. instead they just kept it going for like another half year until it quietly fizzled out.

The feud was doing really big quarter hours and they wanted to prolong it.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

The feud was doing really big quarter hours and they wanted to prolong it.

How? Why?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Yeah I'm a blue Shrek, guy
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵

Endorph posted:

It didn't fizzle out, it was dropped unceremoniously after Lawler had a heart attack on air. So someone had to almost die in order to finally kill that loving angle.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

It didn't fizzle out, it was dropped unceremoniously after Lawler had a heart attack on air. So someone had to almost die in order to finally kill that loving angle.

Jerry once again doing what was best for business.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Claytor posted:

How? Why?

turns out depressed people will watch anything.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Claytor posted:

How? Why?

Lawler is one of the best promo guys of all time and Cole was really hatable. People also really liked the idea of Lawler getting that last run.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

El Patron is exactly the kind of up-and-coming blue-chipper TNA needs to carry the brand into the future, although we'll have to see how many multi-year deals he signs in the next year

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Claytor posted:

How? Why?

There was gently caress all really going on coming into WM27. It was pretty much the only storyline with any heat behind it. I still for the life of me don't understand why the match was slotted for half a loving hour though.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

coconono posted:

Post-divorce how many times has Kurt been arrested?

Post-divorce how many times has Karen shown up to venues stumbling drunk?

I don't know.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

Do not even ask posted:

There was gently caress all really going on coming into WM27. It was pretty much the only storyline with any heat behind it. I still for the life of me don't understand why the match was slotted for half a loving hour though.

I could be wrong but I think the story went it was only supposed to be 10 or 15 minutes, but were told half way through that they had to go a full half hour. Cole suspects it was a giant rib on him since he knew even 10 minutes was already too long.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Do not even ask posted:

I clearly remember the DirecTV feed cutting out during the match so maybe that's why??

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Do not even ask posted:

Wasn't Taker and Triple H pretty hot going in?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Two three things I have discovered while trying to make it through Impact! this week:

-Apparently they've said "gently caress it" and decided to start doing the show live next week.

-I refuse to actually wish harm on Josh Mathews, but if his vocal cords were to disappear, possibly through some kind of curse or other supernatural intervention, my Impact! experience would be improved immeasurably

-same goes for Karen Jarrett re: her disappearance improving the show

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
No idea how far this change goes but most recent IMPACT contracts state if you get hurt the company isnt liable, even if it happens on their event.

Do idea how far it drills down on the indies but even CZW pays your medical costs.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I do play by play for a small broadcasting group and we have to have workman's comp certificates so we can't hold the station liable if we trip on cables and break our leg or something. We're officially independent contractors of the station, not really employees. Wouldn't shock me if they were doing something similar

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009

rovert posted:

No idea how far this change goes but most recent IMPACT contracts state if you get hurt the company isnt liable, even if it happens on their event.

Do idea how far it drills down on the indies but even CZW pays your medical costs.

That's lovely. :(

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

rovert posted:

If this is true then what possible benefit is there to work for Impact?

TV exposure? - Nobody is watching, and it's barely on a channel.

Money? - If they get around to remembering to pay you.

Convenience/Less strenuous travelling schedule? - Maybe. But only if you live in Florida.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Still more TV exposure than an indy guy is gonna get wrestling in front of 300 people, I imagine

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

DeathChicken posted:

Still more TV exposure than an indy guy is gonna get wrestling in front of 300 people, I imagine

with the state of Youtube clips, Twitter GIFs, r/sc, and WhatCulture or whatever, I don't think this is true at all any more. I imagine anyone left earnestly watching TNA is a diehard wrestling fan who would be tuned into any number of social media channels

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
TNA pays better than random indies and yes, it is more exposure even though it is often not effective exposure for a lot of guys. Plus you can work for a company that is giving WWE a run for its money to be the shittiest company.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I thought they slashed their pay rates for tapings and they're going to start touring again, so there go the "pays okay" and "convenient for FL workers" arguments for working TNA.

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil
For years now TNA has been to the WWE essentially a Triple-A farm baseball team, where they can pick out whoever seems like they'd be good and a dumping ground for the rest.

So everyone still in TNA either believes they have what it takes to eventually make it to WWE, or they've proven they don't have what it takes and are trying to pretend that TNA is where they've wanted to be all along.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Kongo Kong is literally the most disproportionate out of shape wrestler I've ever seen. Dude is fat as gently caress but his arms are that of a skinny man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl6DyYqeH4Y

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Kongo Kong is literally the most disproportionate out of shape wrestler I've ever seen. Dude is fat as gently caress but his arms are that of a skinny man.

He needs to get even fatter while maintaining the arm size imho. He may be modern wrestler fat, but I grew up on Yokozuna, so I am unimpressed.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/852703327418818561 https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/852704229185683457

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hash tag announcer beef 2k17

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SamuraiFoochs posted:

nice tits

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Shane Taylor is the same way. He looks like your standard larger dude from the waste up but his thighs and rear end are Yokozuna-esque. It was really weird to see in person.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Kongo Kong needs a manziere.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

what the gently caress @ absolutely everything in this clip

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil
Nice to see Awesome Kong doing well these days.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Kongo looks like what I imagine 98% of our forum posters look like outside of some Fitness Log Cabin goons.

Also me.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Congo Kong seem to not worthy of the position when he was in Juggalo Championship wrestling.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

what the gently caress @ absolutely everything in this clip

I'm the piped in crowd noise, but not too loud since it would only highlight how dead the crowd usually is.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So he's Kamala with bigger boobs and smaller arms?

Edit: Also Don West is a national treasure https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scR61S_7WKw

grack fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Apr 15, 2017

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

grack posted:

So he's Kamala with bigger boobs and smaller arms?

and longer legs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

grack posted:

Edit: Also Don West is a national treasure https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scR61S_7WKw

Half those people aren't even there anymore. I love it.

• Locked thread