Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Powershift posted:

Rally raid trucks, the big ones. hop curbs, medians, miatas, whatever.

Ambulances are already having to be reinforced for super fatties, might as well go whole hog and give more clearance too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
At least Italy isn't shameful about it

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I love this.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Your driver is:

CAPT AHAB

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Can you imagine if an American ambulance company did that? Their drivers would get shot.

insta
Jan 28, 2009

FuturePastNow posted:

Can you imagine if an American ambulance company did that? Their drivers would get shot.

An italian bariatric patient is probably the size of the average american male, I think it would be more noteworthy for our ambulances to specify "SKINNY PERSON ONBOARD".

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Craptacular posted:

I imagine it would be easier to put in traffic lights, but a traffic circle would probably make more sense (and take a lot longer to construct).

Paint a big white circle in the middle with ONE WAY-> signage around the premier facing outward, plop cement triangles in the centerlines of the entrances pointing outward, with YIELD signs standing there. The rest would be pavement striping. Seems like it would be enough.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Ambulances are already having to be reinforced for super fatties, might as well go whole hog and give more clearance too
As if by magic, this turned up on Imgur today:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

InitialDave posted:

As if by magic, this turned up on Imgur today:

This strikes me as a good way to get a flipped ambulance.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I'm imagining an Acme stretcher with two or three times as much accordion legs to lift that high

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Elsa posted:

I'm imagining an Acme stretcher with two or three times as much accordion legs to lift that high

It's probably just a scissor lift at that point.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG6oWXmPW6g

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
AmBROlance

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

WE NEED A TRIBAL BARBED WIRE TATTOO, STAT!

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

Rolls coal as the blast through an intersection.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yesterday, I saw a brodozer in heavy rain. My thoughts were "Wow, this is probably the harshest conditions that truck has ever seen!"

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

iospace posted:

Yesterday, I saw a brodozer in heavy rain. My thoughts were "Wow, this is probably the harshest conditions that truck has ever seen!"

This one survived the test of giant man children quite well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpI8CIKRk00&t=24s

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

iospace posted:

same, but a good ol' boy in a huge Denali, throwing elbows listening to urban music. Truck was obviously used to pulling horses or something big. Was pretty amusing. He had pretty good chair dancing moves.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
When I was picking up a bunch of crap at the hardware store I saw a Caddy that was parked so badly it took up 3 spaces. No one can be that bad at parking, right? It had to be some paranoid octogenarian who doesn't want a dent on his baby.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

sleepy.eyes posted:

When I was picking up a bunch of crap at the hardware store I saw a Caddy that was parked so badly it took up 3 spaces. No one can be that bad at parking, right? It had to be some paranoid octogenarian who doesn't want a dent on his baby.

A friend of mine once managed to block five spaces with a Mk3 VW Golf. That was so bad it became kind of impressive.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
I have (intentionally) parked a vehicle across four spaces before - perpendicular to the spaces. But it was about 1am at a nearly-deserted 24h fast food place, and I was driving an XLWB 3.5T truck that wouldn't fit anywhere else, including through the drive-through. There may have been two other cars there total, which I think were both staff.

Somehow I don't think anyone cared that time of night.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
I've seen 4 spaces wasted at work - jacked-up but not oversize pickup, parked with each tire sitting in a different spot, square on both the "stall" and the "side" lines.

If it's that precious then you should be leaving it safely in a garage museum, not parking it at a behavioral healthcare provider where some pissed individual might key torch it.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait
I got an instant justice type of video for a bad driver that we share the roads with yesterday morning. Speeding in a school zone in Texas? Not a good idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYdMTBlselA

No sound on my dash cam because nobody needs to hear my crappy radio choices, or me yelling at my fellow motorists. But I was cheering when the lights turned on.

Flint Ironstag fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Apr 14, 2017

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I was in the far left lane of the highway tonight taking a left side exit when a BMW in the middle lane decided to change lanes from right next to me to right where I was. He only noticed me because I gunned it to get in front of him before he hit me. Then he rode my rear end with his high beams on for the next mile and a half until I decided to double my speed and get far away from him.

I wasn't even on my bike, I was in my Jeep. How do you miss a Jeep?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Flint Ironstag posted:

I got an instant justice type of video for a bad driver that we share the roads with yesterday morning. Speeding in a school zone in Texas? Not a good idea.

No sound on my dash cam because nobody needs to hear my crappy radio choices, or me yelling at my fellow motorists. But I was cheering when the lights turned on.

where was that shot? It looks really drat familiar... specifically that big building with the green roof near the end

aha! its my old rush hour route to bypass i-35 -- hebron down to PGBT/frankford

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Apr 14, 2017

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

where was that shot? It looks really drat familiar... specifically that big building with the green roof near the end

aha! its my old rush hour route to bypass i-35 -- hebron down to PGBT

Northbound Old Denton just north of Frankford. "Sup DFW buddy?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Flint Ironstag posted:

Holy crap that dude was flying. That's going to be one hell of a ticket!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I've commuted daily through a school zone for 12 years now and not seen instant justice like that, nice to know it actually happens once in a while because I've seen dozens of people that deserve tickets.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

xzzy posted:

I've commuted daily through a school zone for 12 years now and not seen instant justice like that, nice to know it actually happens once in a while because I've seen dozens of people that deserve tickets.

School zones are a pet peeve of mine, and I wish there were cops at them full time. In Arizona not only are they a speed limit zone, but also a no-passing zone. It's amazing how many people ignore both parts of that. Many years ago when I was still in my teens, I saw a guy in a Caddy that was just too impatient to slow down for a school zone, so he passed all of us slow-pokes... in the oncoming lane of traffic, since it was a two lane road. I wanted so badly for a cop to see that, but nope.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
I saw some rear end in an Explorer try and speed to pass a dude on a bike in a school zone. I was behind bike dude earlier and the guy was doing about 25 consistently (the limit before the zone) so obviously the Explorer had to get a decent amount over 20 to pass before he rammed someone head on. There just so happened to be a cop and Explorer was promptly pulled over, while bike guy just kept on going. It warmed my heart. Hell, unless a cyclist is lazy as gently caress it really isn't worth trying to pass them in a school zone, even it it is legal.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

xzzy posted:

The cops in the school zone near me routinely set up radar checkpoints.

It's an easy kill so sometimes there are three or four cops there handing out tickets so that the backed-up speeders don't clog the road.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
People always turn left in front of me here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_qR6LTvAPc

Fuuuuck.

edit: i swear this camera had better night vision once.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Having done a lot of driving around Europe over the last few weeks, I have to say the French are the most comically impatient drivers I've ever encountered. On their motorways generally the standard is quite high with excellent lane discipline, but on normal roads it's a free for all.

You can be on a twisty bendy road with a 50kph limit because it's a huge incline with steep turns and a cliff edge, and some lunatic with a Peugeot will be right up your arse until he reaches a point he can blast past you.

Also in France it seems everyone either drives a Peugeot, a Renault or a Mercedes.

The Swiss on the other hand? Superb. Drove into Lucerne the other day and aside from Bruges it's the easiest city I've ever driven in.

It was interesting last week though when two ancient ladies in a red VW Polo on the autobahn apparently decided I was their arch nemesis.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Did you go to Italy..?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Ludicro posted:

Having done a lot of driving around Europe over the last few weeks, I have to say the French are the most comically impatient drivers I've ever encountered. On their motorways generally the standard is quite high with excellent lane discipline, but on normal roads it's a free for all.

You can be on a twisty bendy road with a 50kph limit because it's a huge incline with steep turns and a cliff edge, and some lunatic with a Peugeot will be right up your arse until he reaches a point he can blast past you.

Also in France it seems everyone either drives a Peugeot, a Renault or a Mercedes.

The Swiss on the other hand? Superb. Drove into Lucerne the other day and aside from Bruges it's the easiest city I've ever driven in.

It was interesting last week though when two ancient ladies in a red VW Polo on the autobahn apparently decided I was their arch nemesis.

Agree completely about the French. Had guys throw their hands in the air at roundabouts while I wait to make a safe entry, had guys riding my bumper on twisty roads with blind corners in foggy conditions. They're nuts.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ludicro posted:

Wait, old people hooning it up? Why can't they all drive fast when they're that old here in the states?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

iospace posted:

Wait, old people hooning it up? Why can't they all drive fast when they're that old here in the states?

They can, but only when they try to hit the brake, and it usually winds up with the car parked in a store of some sort.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Powershift posted:

They can, but only when they try to hit the brake, and it usually winds up with the car parked in a store of some sort.

:wow:

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Ludicro posted:

I dunno man the French autoroutes can have some interesting ideas about following distances. Last year I was travelling in the far left lane, all 1.2litres of my 2007-era Suzuki steel screaming at 140kph overtaking some trucks playing snails when a silver BMW swings in behind me less than a car length off my bumper, I'm unable to speed up or pull back into the lane because of the trucks, and just as I pass them the BMW flicks on blue lights, comes along side me on the right, turns off the lights and then zooms off ahead.

Momentary brown trousers time because I thought I was going to get nailed for speeding by the PN but nope I just wasn't speeding enough for them :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?
I got sideswiped in the I90 tunnel in boston in my rental car by a truck that was really intent on not letting me merge into his lane.

gently caress this city and all of its drivers.