Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Biceps are - relatively speaking - a very weak muscle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

sassassin posted:

Biceps are - relatively speaking - a very weak muscle.
Facts. But:

quote:

There's no limit to how much I can love you... or... how much I can bench press.

quote:

My emotions feel stronger than my quads.

This is dialogue is amazing and anyone who disagrees is a tyrant and my enemy.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Servaetes posted:

Also unrelated to anything but holy poo poo does Effie have a voice that does not match what I expected to hear

WHO TO CRUSH

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Roger Explosion posted:

Blarblade Uuuuuursuuuulaaaaaaaa!

Also, hey, 5 orbs, why the gently caress not? Let's pull another green orb and see what happens. The planets might align and I'll get another Bunny Camilla to merge with my perfect IV'd Bunny Camilla that is 200 SP away from being the change I want to be etc etc.

Another 5* Bunny Chrom. +SPD/-RES, the perfect IVs. Another 5* bunny unit with perfect IVs. I think this game is telling me I must drop my inner Nino/Eirika/Anna obsession and embrace my inner bunny.

Fat loving chance, but I appreciate the bullshit-luck random 5* unit.

i can't use ursula because my blue slot is used by mounted effie, aka sully, who is a great husbandwaifu

i also loved effie telling me she drinks her own body weight in milk every day, thats some terry crews level of calorie sustainment

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Maybe her Def would be higher if she focused more on lower body & core instead of upper body show muscles and her emotions?

Gwendy's a twig and moves just as fast in her armour.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Defense barely means poo poo in this game so :shrug:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TheKingofSprings posted:

Defense barely means poo poo in this game so :shrug:

Reinforcement and perma-death modes coming (possibly) tomorrow might change that opinion.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sassassin posted:

Reinforcement and perma-death modes coming (possibly) tomorrow might change that opinion.

Reinforcements will get oneshotted by Nino/Tharja/BLucina just fine so probably not

I might fit a renewal Lucina with Ardent sacrifice in there if I really need healing.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Andrast posted:

Reinforcements will get oneshotted by Nino/Tharja/BLucina just fine so probably not

Reinforcements usually attack the turn they show up.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

so far my DEATHFFIE is Brave Lance +, Pivot, Sol, Deathffie Blow 3, Wary Fighter 3, Threaten Attack 1. She pretty much kills everything apart from Hector in Arena, it's great. Effie is my friend, and is real.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Reik posted:

Reinforcements usually attack the turn they show up.

Not in fates and probably not here either.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Andrast posted:

Maybe in Shadow Dragon fashion they'll move on the turn they appear...

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

sassassin posted:

Maybe her Def would be higher if she focused more on lower body & core instead of upper body show muscles and her emotions?

Gwendy's a twig and moves just as fast in her armour.
Tell me more about applying real-life fitness and lifting to Waifu Emblem because :allears:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Roger Explosion posted:

Tell me more about applying real-life fitness and lifting to Waifu Emblem because :allears:

She's a braggart and a disgrace.

No place for that in this man's army.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Effie has 40 base strength while Gwendolyn has a pitiful 30

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Effie also appears to be wearing thigh-high socks made of metal

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

sassassin posted:

I'm thinking it's this and maybe not the arena changes, yeah.

Not sure why they'd open the arena for a few hours today otherwise.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Clawtopsy posted:

Effie also appears to be wearing thigh-high socks made of metal

Which makes her shy Japanese personality seem a bit odd too.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Roger Explosion posted:

Man, I loving love it. I know people rag on the western adaption of her character, but her saying "Nothing is stronger than my love for you... except my biceps" during her confession was loving ace and I will fite anyone who says otherwise.

I'm afraid to ask, but what was she like in Japanese, then? Because I agree Effie is amazing and one of the few unequivocally good characters in Fates.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Silver Falcon posted:

I'm afraid to ask, but what was she like in Japanese, then? Because I agree Effie is amazing and one of the few unequivocally good characters in Fates.
She was in no way the muscle-head she's depicted as in the western version. Think more of a soft-spoken gentle-giant type.

IMO, it's okay, just awfully generic.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's basically just a voice type change. Her mannerism and dialogue are basically the same, except she she had a higher, more wispy voice to contrast the actual words and the english went in the opposite direction.

A lot of the voicework direction in fates was really bad, because the actors straight up just got like a paragraph of their characters' description before recording.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Clawtopsy posted:

effie's voice is one of the best things about her, friend

I don't really have a take either way but the voice really doesn't seem to fit the look, it's super jarring. I haven't played any fire emblem games outside of the one on the GC and the GBA games

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Tae posted:

It's basically just a voice type change. Her mannerism and dialogue are basically the same, except she she had a higher, more wispy voice to contrast the actual words and the english went in the opposite direction.

A lot of the voicework direction in fates was really bad, because the actors straight up just got like a paragraph of their characters' description before recording.

So in japan it's this blonde babyface with a soft voice that talks about gains and lifting?
Because that sounds awesome.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Kyte posted:

So in japan it's this blonde babyface with a soft voice that talks about gains and lifting?
Because that sounds awesome.

She wants to get really strong to protect her Lady, but isn't just a cliche meathead.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Sorry, Effie had some of the funniest dialogues and interactions in Fates and I won't hear a bad word against her.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Has anyone tried a vanilla 5* Selena (not the ultimate Selena that one guy was running) in arena yet? Mine is - def/+res, so I'm not sure if she can trade with Hector without dying, and she can maybe survive some Julia shots but may still get hosed up by Nino (though I didn't see much Nino on defense teams last week).
I could invest some skills into here but she honestly doesn't seem that good unless I completely rework her.

Edit: specifically can she take down a vantage Hector because they're all over the place

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 11, 2017

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

My 4 star selena ORKOs Hector.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Elyv posted:

My 4 star selena ORKOs Hector.

This is cool and good

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Finally got all the bunnies :toot: Is there something interesting I can do with an +ATK/-HP Bunnycina? Blárblade+ is the first thing that comes to mind, but I already have a Nino/Eirika/Azura core team that I can slot an arena bonus unit into, so that seems like a waste of feathers.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Retcon posted:

Finally got all the bunnies :toot: Is there something interesting I can do with an +ATK/-HP Bunnycina? Blárblade+ is the first thing that comes to mind, but I already have a Nino/Eirika/Azura core team that I can slot an arena bonus unit into, so that seems like a waste of feathers.

With a Nino/Eirika/Azura team you don't need anything. Just upgrade and improve the units you like.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Retcon posted:

Blarblade+ Bunnycina, Olivia, and Light Breath Fae for whenever you're feeling up for a change of pace?

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Edit: specifically can she take down a vantage Hector because they're all over the place

She's a sword lord with Armorslayer, and Triangle Adept by default, if she didn't murder the absolute poo poo out of Hectors then this game's balance is absolutely meaningless.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Andrast posted:

With a Nino/Eirika/Azura team you don't need anything. Just upgrade and improve the units you like.
Yeah, guess I'm still in the mindset of wanting to min-max everything, but that kind of stops having a meaning once you have an arena team that can easily breach 4500+.

Reik posted:

Blarblade+ Bunnycina, Olivia, and Light Breath Fae for whenever you're feeling up for a change of pace?
So, does the buff from Light Breath work with Blade tomes? The wording makes me think it does, but I'm not 100% sure.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Arena teams that put reposition on their melees to hide their -blade users after they attack are extremely loving rude

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Arena teams that put reposition on their melees to hide their -blade users after they attack are extremely loving rude

This is why I need to put draw back on my eirika but she only has 20 SP right now and she's - Atk so she never kills anything

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Finally, 99 stamina.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Is 2.0 coming when the server is back up or with rollover tonight or in a few days?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
It's already up.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

What the hell is this S skill slot under A B C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I was kind of expecting chapter 10 to drop alongside the first major update.

Tae posted:

What the hell is this S skill slot under A B C

Read the patch notes. There's going to be minor skills like speed+1 that will be given out in various ways and which you can equip to characters.