Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

This is why they need to ban Shakespeare from schools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
A Colorado furry convention has been canceled due to the CEO being a tax-evading sovereign citizen. (and also pedophile nazi apparently)
https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/851666150991708160

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

They saw a big white object and Seman fell four floors and landed on the first floor rotunda.

I'm 12 years old.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

SpacePig posted:

God, why would you use an actual police decal without permission, you dumbshits. Everything else was carefully crafted to be Pepsi colored and Pepsi branded, and they're going to go ahead and just use a (what is probably a knockoff, but still) SFPD patch. Stupid.

They probably just rented some off-the-shelf police outfits from a costume shop that supplies movie studios. Movies and TV are obviously allowed to use realistic-looking logos and uniforms and stuff for police and military, but I bet the rules are a lot stricter for commercials, where it could be taken as an official endorsement.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Powered Descent posted:

They probably just rented some off-the-shelf police outfits from a costume shop that supplies movie studios. Movies and TV are obviously allowed to use realistic-looking logos and uniforms and stuff for police and military, but I bet the rules are a lot stricter for commercials, where it could be taken as an official endorsement.

There's "realistic looking logo" and "logo that l-iterally says San Francisco Police Department" with the logo and everything.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Like Drug Dealer? cause guess whaaaaat

woah bro really gets the brain juices going n makes u think huh :okpos:

E: lol hadn't made my daily news rounds yet (i try to limit it in order to minimize sadness) and wow the plot really loving thickens, here I thought we were being cool TCC posters

Not that his past has anything to do with this incident in the slightest but it's sure as hell gonna matter in terms of the public discourse surrounding this shitfest. This reeks of someone trying to dig dirt up as a distraction/to mitigate public outcry because nothing has changed as far as the original incident is concerned

But alas, the perfect victim he is not

KingSlime has a new favorite as of 18:13 on Apr 11, 2017

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

SpacePig posted:

There's "realistic looking logo" and "logo that l-iterally says San Francisco Police Department" with the logo and everything.
You can get really close in movies at least. My favorite is the director in This Is Spin̈al Tap wearing a "USS Ooral Sea (OV-48)" cap which is the exact cap for "USS Coral Sea (CV-43)" except they closed off two C's and an 3. It's the exact design otherwise. They did this when the Navy wouldn't let them use the actual hat on film.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The loving interview.

quote:

"I heard somebody shout. I looked across from me and I saw a deputy on the railing on the fourth floor and a big white object fall through the air, and then I screamed because it was freaky."

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Azathoth posted:

You can get really close in movies at least. My favorite is the director in This Is Spin̈al Tap wearing a "USS Ooral Sea (OV-48)" cap which is the exact cap for "USS Coral Sea (CV-43)" except they closed off two C's and an 3. It's the exact design otherwise. They did this when the Navy wouldn't let them use the actual hat on film.

Nah, that's just 'cause Reiner *thought* he needed the Navy's permission. You don't. In the DVD special extras, he's wearing just a regular Navy cap that hasn't been messed around with at all because by then he knew better. You can wear an actual uniform in a film, without permission; you sure don't need the Navy's permission to wear a ballcap of the kind that's sold in the gift shop just about every museum in the country.

Generally (patchwork of laws and all that), you don't need anyone's permission to use insignia. Actual *badges* can be different, but even then the use of badges is generally okay unless you're actually trying to impersonate a law enforcement officer or other official, or suggesting that the organization whose insignia you're using is endorsing your production or product. Even in San Fran the law only deals with the sale of police badges, not the wearing of shoulder patches. This is a local government making noise, nothing more.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

hanales posted:

I was living in Youngstown when he was initially arrested. gently caress this guy that death was too quick. I enjoyed every second of the video.

To be clear, he was raping a 9 year old girl, and when he got found out, he burned down the house killing the girl and her grandmother so there would be no witnesses.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

They censored it because the whole area was covered in Seman :v:

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Joe Wilson, who shouted "You lie!" at Obama, has constituents chant "You lie" at him at town hall meeting

That's basically the whole story, the link is just there for verification.

trickybiscuits has a new favorite as of 21:22 on Apr 11, 2017

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

ekuNNN posted:

They censored it because the whole area was covered in Seman :v:

Runny Seman.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I censored it, but there's nothing really to see just the dude laying there. I guess movies have been lying to me about people splatting everywhere.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Like Drug Dealer? cause guess whaaaaat

At least he's not a furry (that we know of).

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm not defending the guy at all but maybe the prosecutor didn't have to smile the entire time during that interview about the suicide.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Saint Freak posted:

I censored it, but there's nothing really to see just the dude laying there. I guess movies have been lying to me about people splatting everywhere.

Unfortunately I know from experience that when they're falling from high enough, they do make a big mess. 40 feet isn't enough to do that I guess.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

I'm not defending the guy at all but maybe the prosecutor didn't have to smile the entire time during that interview about the suicide.

didn't he though?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

You're right, every question response should have just been a hearty belly laugh

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

A White Guy posted:

gently caress english.

Tend to your French then: en masse.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

I would love it too if my current workload suddenly plummeted.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

BrianBoitano posted:

:golfclap:

Trump supporters not pleased about Syria bombing

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

BrianBoitano posted:

I don't know, I think I'd be distraught if the thing I'd been preparing as a cornerstone of my career fell through.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Grey Fox posted:

The contract is wrote; unseal the vessel and allow it to be filled to the brim with succulent stock, each traveler perfectly ripe for the insatiable hunger of See-Ee-Oh, the United Lord. https://twitter.com/theJoshBanks/status/851564571701673990

I wonder what Dan's goon handle is

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

ElGroucho posted:

I wonder what Dan's goon handle is

pcos bill

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sassassin

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Phanatic posted:

Nah, that's just 'cause Reiner *thought* he needed the Navy's permission. You don't. In the DVD special extras, he's wearing just a regular Navy cap that hasn't been messed around with at all because by then he knew better. You can wear an actual uniform in a film, without permission; you sure don't need the Navy's permission to wear a ballcap of the kind that's sold in the gift shop just about every museum in the country.

Generally (patchwork of laws and all that), you don't need anyone's permission to use insignia. Actual *badges* can be different, but even then the use of badges is generally okay unless you're actually trying to impersonate a law enforcement officer or other official, or suggesting that the organization whose insignia you're using is endorsing your production or product. Even in San Fran the law only deals with the sale of police badges, not the wearing of shoulder patches. This is a local government making noise, nothing more.

I worked on a Tom Arnold move called National Lampoon's Golf Punks (uncredited, but still please don't doxx me). Ol' Tommy Boy was insistent that his character should wear a Seattle Mariners hat and the producers ok'ed it without clearing it through legal first. After shooting, they asked the Mariners for permission. They said "gently caress no" because the character was a degenerate gambler. Every shot of Tom wearing the hat, which was basically every exterior shot he was in, had to have the Mariners logo digitally scrubbed, which was super loving expensive because it was 1998.

e. actually, the shadenfreude is on me for having worked on National Lampoon's Golf Punks

Dillbag has a new favorite as of 22:14 on Apr 11, 2017

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dillbag posted:

I worked on a Tom Arnold move called National Lampoon's Golf Punks (uncredited, but still please don't doxx me). Ol' Tommy Boy was insistent that his character should wear a Seattle Mariners hat and the producers ok'ed it without clearing it through legal first. After shooting, they asked the Mariners for permission. They said "gently caress no" because the character was a degenerate gambler. Every shot of Tom wearing the hat, which was basically every exterior shot he was in, had to have the Mariners logo digitally scrubbed, which was super loving expensive because it was 1998.

Second billing on IMDB goes to James Kirk, making that a better Star Trek movie than anything Abrams has done.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
A thing happened.
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/851861601556627457

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.
Shooting people on the street: bad

Taking victims to your murder dungeon: cool & good

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Ah yes the ol' local Holocaust Center. Thought I'd pop down to the local Holocaust Center and pick up some supplies. I heard two towns over is getting one of those Super Holocaust Centers with a butcher shop and everything.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Got some rad savings down at the Holocaust center, I heard they've got a patio area now too

Christsake, Spence

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ElGroucho posted:

Got some rad savings down at the Holocaust center, I heard they've got a patio area now too

Christsake, Spence

Just don't ask to use their 'alternative washrooms'

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Just don't ask to use their 'alternative washrooms'

But their housewares collection is amazing. They have some really nice lamps.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Saint Freak posted:

Ah yes the ol' local Holocaust Center. Thought I'd pop down to the local Holocaust Center and pick up some supplies. I heard two towns over is getting one of those Super Holocaust Centers with a butcher shop and everything.

Is that like the Hitler building? Because I have heard that the restaurant there is fantastic.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Saint Freak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsYYnwhn4g4

Josef bugman posted:

Is that like the Hitler building? Because I have heard that the restaurant there is fantastic.

You motherfuckre!

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Phanatic posted:

But their housewares collection is amazing. They have some really nice lamps.
Oh, that reminds of of the interaction a Young Turks guy had with a Jewish reporter on twitter during the gravestone desecrations.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
twitter's format is so stupid and non-intuitive, makes trying to make sense of archived posts a mess

gently caress twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

yah right? That clearly displayed date and time, why does twitter make it so hard to nail down??