Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ConanThe3rd posted:

"Turns out the alt right were literal nazis" is starting to turn into cliche pretty drat quickly.

I mean, specifically for a shounen series. The premise is just generally pretty bizarre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

http://readms.net/r/neverland/034/4166/1

I think Phil is going to stab Mama in the neck

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

SgtSteel91 posted:

"everyone" is going to escape, so the kid is including mama in that group.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

SgtSteel91 posted:

Oh well, saving everyone was impossible but at least they managed to save the interesting kids.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
whatever happens
I'm down with Phil

I hope he transforms into a demon though

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

oh god dammit Phil.

It would be cool if Phil suddenly iced Mama, but I feel like this is just an attempt to throw a wrench into their escape plans. I mean, it's not surprising they'd run into a problem with one of the youngest kids.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
#istandwithphil
As the best character with the best smile I unironically support whatever he's bout to do
Transforming demon or throat slitter or even snitch, Phil is my favorite orphan please don't ask god to drat him

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

One thing that isn't clear to me is why, if escape is remotely possible for the kids, an adult like Mama hasn't tried to escape. While they would obviously know she was gone after she didn't report, it's the same case for the kids where they'll inevitably be aware they're gone soon. I guess it might just be due to their level of indoctrination.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ytlaya posted:

One thing that isn't clear to me is why, if escape is remotely possible for the kids, an adult like Mama hasn't tried to escape. While they would obviously know she was gone after she didn't report, it's the same case for the kids where they'll inevitably be aware they're gone soon. I guess it might just be due to their level of indoctrination.

Krone told them that mamas have bombs installed in their hearts, in addition to the tracking chips, iirc.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ytlaya posted:

In addition to the bombs it was shown in a flashback that she did try to escape as a kid(Chapter 23). It seems like Grandma convinced her to stay somehow(maybe the same proposal Mama gave to Emma?).

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Oh, forgot about the bombs. Yeah, that kinda answers that question, huh.

edit: I'm wondering if the demons are aliens. "Tifari" is a kinda alien-sounding name IMO.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I sure hope not, that's too close to Gantz for comfort.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Whatever/whomever the demons are, i hope that the "why are there are demons" plot takes a sideline to the mindgame push and pull between the kids and villains.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Whatever/whomever the demons are, i hope that the "why are there are demons" plot takes a sideline to the mindgame push and pull between the kids and villains.
As long as they eventually get to it. Let's not repeat World Trigger.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

ConanThe3rd posted:

As long as they eventually get to it. Let's not repeat World Trigger.

Did World Trigger ever get into that other world? I tried to read it but they just hosed around doing gently caress all and gently caress JUST GO TO THE OTHER WORLD ALREADY I WANT TO SEE IT.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Nah, it spent forever loving around with a tournament arc the training matches, and then went on indefinite hiatus because the author's wrecked their body. :geno:

There was a lot of fun ideas and characters in that but it basically just went nowhere.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

At least the training matches are really, really good.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

At least the training matches are really, really good.

What can I say? When are they going to get​ to the fireworks factory?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Kuroyama posted:

One of the six series (Dr. Stone, We Never Learn, Hungry Marie, Robot, Poro, U19) is gonna start running in the English Jump next week too.

Yeah, but only one. :( And as much as I liked Hungry Marie and We Never Learn, and Poro too, if they only pick up one it better be Dr. Stone.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'd rather have Hungry Marie but I don't really have strong positive opinions about any of them. I haven't read any of Robot or We Never Learn tho
Dr stone is ok I guess

None of these really enthuse me like, I don't know, the first chapter of The Promised Neverland, which to be sure is a high standard.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I'd rather have Hungry Marie but I don't really have strong positive opinions about any of them. I haven't read any of Robot or We Never Learn tho
Dr stone is ok I guess

None of these really enthuse me like, I don't know, the first chapter of The Promised Neverland, which to be sure is a high standard.

As a Beelzebub fan Marie is definitely my #2, We Never Learn was a strong #3 due to cute character designs and an absence of generic feel-good romcom in the magazine since Nisekoi left. But Stone is my #1 for sure, it's interesting and entertaining enough and having the writer of Eyeshield 21 gives it more than enough faith from me.

I will agree that Neverland had the most killer first chapter though, and it deserved to be picked up immediately by the magazine based on how absurdly good and interesting it was. The new six don't quite match that, but I think a lot of them have potential.

I would have liked them to keep Spring Weapon #1 too, though. The magazine could use a gag manga and the first chapters were pretty funny. It's still going too, unlike the other Jump starts from that time (Amalgam, Demon's Plan, ect) so I wish they'd kept it back when it ran.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah, tbf Dr Stone would still be my #2 after Hungry Marie, which is more about leftover Beelzebub good will than anything in the series so far. Those initial Beelzebub chapters were so perfect tho

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Yeah, tbf Dr Stone would still be my #2 after Hungry Marie, which is more about leftover Beelzebub good will than anything in the series so far. Those initial Beelzebub chapters were so perfect tho

I want Hungry Marie to stay around just because I have faith that the Beelzebub author will continue to make funny jokes. And while it hasn't been as good as Beelzebub so far, it's still been funnier than most other manga I've read. Beelzebub also shows that the author is pretty good at not letting stories go off track and become bad. It repeatedly threatened to become a more stereotypical shounen battle thing, but also stuck to its roots as a comedy.

I purposely haven't read any of Dr. Stone since the first chapter, because I've heard some good things about it and would prefer to have more chapters at once to read.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
It's official, Dr. Stone is part of the English Jump line-up.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I'm glad Marie is holding up her end of the body-swapping deal, rather than just coming out for food gags.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Man, these people seem starved

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

That's probably the smart bet for Viz. Besides Marie (which has previous artist cred) it was probably the one most likely to make it out of the lot.

Greekonomics
Jun 22, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

They're also adding another series next week.

I hope they add a third too. This Jump Start had a lot of good debuts.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

I'm glad Marie is holding up her end of the body-swapping deal, rather than just coming out for food gags.

It's good.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Man that looks cool as hell and I hope it gets added to the line up next week.

Also my computer background is that big spread Horikoshi drew of all the Jump heroes from way back and man it is crazy to look at it now since like 3/4 of the series' represented are over or got canceled quickly.

Phone posting or I'd post the image for reference.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here you go.

Imgur is down so I had to attach the picture instead....

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh wait nevermind I found an imgur link on Reddit.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Luffy looks rather...intense in that picture

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Toriko looks like
Not toriko
Its the normal proportions

Also whats with Horikoshi and teeth
Everyones got too much teeths

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Oh that's right HunterxHunter still exists and is still running in Jump, technically.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Who is the girl with huge boobs above Ichigo?

edit: Souma looks significantly different than he does in his own comic.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

yeah i'ts almost like someone with a fairly distinctive style drew the whole thing or osmething

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Horikoshi's art is so fr*cking good

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Ytlaya posted:

Who is the girl with huge boobs above Ichigo?

I think she was from a series called E-Robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Allarion posted:

Link to the new chapter - http://bato.to/reader#0a1385a50a9d70c6