Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

1. Anomalous Amalgam
  2. AsiinaHal Incandenza
  3. Ernie.
  4. Flamander
  5. Infinitum
  6. its me glenda
  7. Mayor Glowku
  8. Mr. F!
  9. Retro Futurist
  10. SirSamVimes
  11. Slamburger
  12. this is a stickup
  13. tpink
  14. Yorkshire Tea
  15. Your Personal Muse

Flips
Slamburger, Carnegie Empath, died night one!
Infinitum, Rico ‘Grandpa’ Parker, Rockport Medic died night one!
its me glenda, Mary Hung, LanternLight Duelist was knocked out day two!
Anomalous Amalgam, Silas Colson, LanternLight Speaker died night two!
Ernie, Connie Dottes, Carnegie Seer disappeared night two!
SirSamVimes, James Timberlake, Ravenswood Wraith, was exorcised night two!
Your Personal Muse, Bertram Coleman, Ravenswood Poltergeist was purged day three!
tpink, Alan Litkin, ??? ????? disappeared night three!
Mayor Glowku, Daniel Sleighton, Rockport Duelist was found dead night three!
Hal Incandenza, Slyvia Stokes, ??? ????? disappeared night four!
Mr. F!, Aleissa Tompkins, Carnegie Vanilla, was executed day five!
Flamander, Marissa Hodges, Carnegie Chainer, died night five!

(West Front of Ravenswood Manor)

The Problem began some fifty years ago. It has different names depending on where you go, The Awakening, The Turning, or just The Event, to name a few. Wherever you go though, it's the same. Starting in England, Kent to be precise, and spreading outward over the course of decades, the spirits of the dead are restless. Those who died badly are no longer content to rest beneath the earth, but seek vengeance upon any mortals who cross their path. At first, the loss of life was tremendous. Home were abandoned, lives were ruined, communities torn apart. But then, out of that dark genesis, came teams of researchers and psychics who found ways to fight back. Iron, salt, running water, fire, these were the initial tools humanity used to fight back, as the first paranormal agencies stepped forward to deal with The Problem. Governmental control soon followed, with the founding of the Department of Psychical Research and Control and others. Curfews were established, precautions were taken with the violently deceased, graveyards were razed and salted where possible. It helped some, but The Problem has shown no signs of disappearing. As it worsened, younger men and women with greater psychic sensitivity were called upon to hunt down and destroy these phantoms, as it was discovered that this skill deteriorated with age. Now, most of the agents in the field are younger than sixteen, with supervisors in place to call the shots as needed.

Regardless of how dangerous the ghost was, the central solution was the same. Find the source of the ghost's power, contain or destroy it, and try to survive while you do so.

The Problem took a long time to reach the Americas, long enough that some thought there was a chance it'd miss them altogether. The defenses and practices other countries had standardized were in poor form when the first wave hit. Some of the worst, bloodiest hauntings in the history of The Problem took place during those first few months. One in particular, was at Ravenswood in Bunceton, Missouri. For some time now, the house has remained vacant. Cleaning crews come infrequently, always during the daytime, but otherwise it has remained untouched. The conditions were severe enough that the family was happy enough to abandon the palatial estate to a general quarantine. Now, with The Problem in hand, they seek to reclaim their lost inheritance. Details of the original incidents were sparse, but brutal enough that the family requested the service of not one, but three agencies to assist in purification and removal. With over thirty rooms and a thousand acres, it is a daunting proposition, with a similarly lucrative reward. The house must remain intact, and as such some of the most effective and dangerous tools against the supernatural must remain absent. It is a heavy sum indeed that convinces an agent to leave their magnesium flares at home. This sort of arrangement is nearly unheard of, as most agencies remain bitterly competitive to secure their livelihood. Although there is a cash incentive to the most productive of the three teams, cooperation will be paramount to their survival. A simple enough task, to work together for one night.

Isn't it?

The Agencies

Carnegie and Co.

One of the oldest and most reputable agencies in America, the founder is a direct descendant of the famous industrialist. With ties to The Carnegie Metallurgic Institute of Defense, these agents are quick to swoop up government contracts. Their equipment is always first rate, and neatly emblazoned with a metal stamp of C&C. However, in recent years a reputation of undue caution and lack of true psychic talent has somewhat undermined their position on the market. Nevertheless, they are the first name that comes to the minds of most Americans when they think of psychic defense.

Members:
1. tpink
2. Ernie
3. Mr. F
4. Retro Futurist
5. Slamburgler

LanternLight LLC

A regional operation, effective across most of the Mid and North West. LanternLight has come a long way in the past ten years, due to their diligence in building effective, personal relationships with their clients. Some of the best Sensitives in the country are currently in their employ, and their small research team has made brilliant strides in understanding apparitions. However, it's been hard for LanternLight to shake the idea that they're 'soft,' unable to handle the kind of ghoulish Type 2 specters that require a firm hand and firmer blade. This kind of case could be a major turning point for the company as a whole.

Members:
1. Flamander
2. Anonymous Amalgam
3. its me glenda
4. ypm
5. ssv

Rockport and Sons

Known as a psychic of extraordinary bravery and skill, Anthony Rockport died during one of the infamous Winchester Incidents. However, his family continues to carry on his legacy. A mostly local agency with fewer than two dozen operatives based out of Saint Louis, Rockport and Sons has nevertheless developed a reputation for taking on cases that no other agency would touch. However, disaster here could spell the end of the entire agency and the Rockwood family line itself.

1. This Is A Stickup
2. Asiina
3. glowku
4. Infinitum
5. Yorkshire

Heyyyy this is a mafia game for 15 players. Pick a team when you sign up or I will just pick one at random, I'll assign public character names once the actual game begins. The flavor is ripped off from the Lockwood and Co. books.

Rules.
1. Don't be a dick. If you don't like someone on the playerlist, don't sign up.
2. No Krells. Sorry Krell.
3. Don't lurk. What constitutes lurking is at my discretion, but try for at least ten posts a day.
4. Do not post ANYTHING at all after hammer, or what you think to be hammer. No twilight unless specified.
5. Don't post anything after you die other than :ghost: Go [team]! :ghost:
6. Flavor is just flavor. Read into it at your own peril.
7. Days are 48-72 hours, nights are a hard 24.
8. No replacements after D1, don't screw over your team by ducking out if you can help it.
9. Do not quote your role pm. :siren:If you have private communication with another player, you still may not share any portion of your role pm.:siren:
10. Please don't fake day actions. Like don't do it at all. I reserve the right to modkill you.
11. Death millers.

Signups:
1. Flamander
2. this is a stickup
3. Asiina
4.ypm
5. its me glenda
6. tpink
7. mayor glowku
8. infinitum
9. Anonymous Amalgam
10. Ernie
11. mr. f
12. retro
13. Yorkshire
14. Slamburgler
15. SirSamVimes

Still working through role messages, aiming for Monday evening start time.

Somberbrero fucked around with this message at 20:19 on May 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flamander
May 4, 2009
Eh, I'll sign up. Picking LanternLight LLC.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
DEATH MILLERS

ROCKPORT

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm Angus, boy detective.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

wanna be a lantern

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I don't know what this is but sure

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Your Personal Muse posted:

I don't know what this is but sure

just mafia man. nothing too crazy.

oh and newbies are obviously 100% cool.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
A mafia? Boy oh boy I don't know mafia guess you guys can't kill me day 1 (whatever that means)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lantern me

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
not a signup but

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765859

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

ravenswood is a real place in missouri :(

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

also a short-lived spinoff to the hit television series Pretty Little Liars

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
carnegie drools!!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I'll play (random team works), thanks!

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
sign, Put me with Stickup please

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
seven more to go, that's a lot! come play my mafia game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mayor Glowku posted:

sign, Put me with Stickup please

Same but glowku

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Random team please.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

ima pull out

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Same but glowku

:kimchi:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i'm in.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

My man ERNIE

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Joining carnegie and Co (if you can choose the agency you want to be in )

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'd like to practice, practice, practice and get to Carnegie

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I'll join Rockport I guess

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Carnegie, please

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I don't even know what the teams are for but mine will win

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

AT LOSING

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
We are almost there guys :kiddo:

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Looking forward to a game with Tpink

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I'm sorry I'm going to have to back out, I cant stand Mr. F!

Have fun everyone!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I am a-okay with flavour ripping off Jonathan Stroud books. Put me in the only remaining team with free spots.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I can't tell if there is room or not, if there is, sign me up

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

If Magnus was actually backing out, Hal can be on Team Awesome (Carnegie). We will find our scum infiltrators the fastest and win.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Slamburger posted:

If Magnus was actually backing out, Hal can be on Team Awesome (Carnegie). We will find our scum infiltrators the fastest and win.

I just hate that Mr. F! guy, but I guess I'll play with him

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
no take backs :getout:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mr. F! posted:

I just hate that Mr. F! guy, but I guess I'll play with him

youre full of poo poo, you love mr.f

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Well just call me up when someone inevitably lets you down somber!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

muse why are you a scumburger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I think we have enough people now? But I am also real bad at counting numbers so idk :shrug:

• Locked thread