Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

Could you imagine if this happens and then Hamilton loses the championship to Vettel by a couple of points? It'd be glorious.

I'd be cleaning spooge off the walls until the 2018 Winter Test.

https://youtu.be/enisEolQXnw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Powershift posted:

Why hasn't red bull built an amphibious F1 car yet? you'd think it would be easy, it's already got a snorkel, it's already really light and made of boaty stuff. Just seal up a bunch of gaps and stuff and go boatin.

Well played on my phone typo :golfclap:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

GramCracker posted:

I think I would literally forego watching Nando win the Indy 500 if that were to happen. The salty tears would be the best thing of all time.

You know they're not on simultaneously and you can watch both right?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Basticle posted:

You know they're not on simultaneously and you can watch both right?

There's a reason why I call it the greatest day of racing, at least in the US (note I said greatest DAY, not 24 hours). Morning you get Monaco, mid-day you get the Indy 500, and in the evening you have the Coke 600.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Yet another page full of ridiculous posts from Rosberg fans fantasizing about their driver being good. They sure seem to spend a lot of time posting here, it's almost as if they were professional EU trolls and this was their day job....

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Luckily Britain has divorced itself from that Union

poty
Jun 21, 2008

If anyone wants to discuss F1 races and qualy sessions live without being told what to think by Angela Merkel's favourite mouthpieces wicka and Morns, I recommend the #f1 IRC channel on server irc.synirc.org

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Could you not have let me enjoy the prospect of my one true love's return to f1 and Alonso having a blast at the 500 without having to put up with tedious attempts at jokes about the slow death of the nation I grew up in?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

I'm fully on board the Jenson train. Did you know that he got disqualified from a triathlon race for being too fast? hosed up imo http://www.telegraph.co.uk/triathlon/2017/04/05/jenson-button-disqualified-ironman-triathlon-championships-speeding/

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Tsaedje posted:

Could you not have let me enjoy the prospect of my one true love's return to f1 and Alonso having a blast at the 500 without having to put up with tedious attempts at jokes about the slow death of the nation I grew up in?

I'm new here and given the state of the world I've got a big list of countries you may have grown up in.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
And banned from commentating on Sky because he was too witty and astute

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

poty posted:

Yet another page full of ridiculous posts from Rosberg fans fantasizing about their driver being good. They sure seem to spend a lot of time posting here, it's almost as if they were professional EU trolls and this was their day job....

None of us are Rosberg fans so much as we enjoy seeing Hamilton's CPU fail to compute being beaten.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
I am a Rosberg fan. But I also acknowledge he was in no way the fastest driver and that apparently makes some people's brains explode.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

in which you grew up*

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

I am a Rosberg fan.

I bet your favourite ice cream flavour is vanilla too.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Quantrill posted:

Someone's optimistic

32 drivers and 33 entries confirmed already (Juncos hasn't announced a driver).

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

I am a Rosberg fan. But I also acknowledge he was in no way the fastest driver and that apparently makes some people's brains explode.

Your avatar says otherwise :eyepop:

Also, what would the be the hardest to adjust to for an F1 driver doing just the 500, the long pit stops or the sheer speed involved.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Tomorrow's fun activity: waking up at 5 and seeing how long I can blast up British motorways at 155mph with a V8 soundtrack, pretending I'm a race driver, before commuters ruin it like the arseholes they are.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

iospace posted:

Also, what would the be the hardest to adjust to for an F1 driver doing just the 500, the long pit stops or the sheer speed involved.

My guess is drafting

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

wicka posted:

in which you grew up*

Pedantry is a thing up with which I will not put

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

Being in traffic, probably.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

wicka posted:

Being in traffic, probably.

Instead of being the traffic in Nando's case, this year anyway?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

iospace posted:

Instead of being the traffic in Nando's case, this year anyway?

Not exactly traffic if you can be passed within a lap

poty
Jun 21, 2008

iospace posted:

Also, what would the be the hardest to adjust to for an F1 driver doing just the 500

Being asked to get fat by the engineers so you don't mess up the car's center of gravity

poty fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 12, 2017

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Theophany posted:

Tomorrow's fun activity: waking up at 5 and seeing how long I can blast up British motorways at 155mph with a V8 soundtrack, pretending I'm a race driver, before commuters ruin it like the arseholes they are.

You should try living in a place where it snows. It's perfectly fine to sit in a passing lane with your huge SUV or pickup going 20mph under the limit cause of a little snow. Meanwhile I'm follow five feet behind in my thirty year old shitbox hatchback just screaming obscenities.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

You should try living in a place where it snows. It's perfectly fine to sit in a passing lane with your huge SUV or pickup going 20mph under the limit cause of a little snow. Meanwhile I'm follow five feet behind in my thirty year old shitbox hatchback just screaming obscenities.

This is why I like working at 7am, there's hardly anyone on my streets when I'm leaving in the morning. If it's snowy I just take every corner in my neighborhood sideways.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Theophany posted:

The meltdown would be jizzworthy. I'd be loving cross-eyed for all 50-something laps.

This was funny. Post like this more often.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
New footage of McLaren-Honda in China;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SPEIAV1Vc0

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

just screaming obscenities.

Our lives are eerily similar.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Human Grand Prix posted:

New footage of McLaren-Honda in China;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF-fyn-WfIs

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Aren't there American teams that are like.. good?

Isn't this the same as Chip Ganassi announced they were entering F1 and were going to win races in their first season? I guess it's exactly the same as Haas. The idea that Haas is going to win anything in their first years is laughable because F1 is super competitive. Isn't it the same for the Indy 500?

Or has McLaren actually said nothing about how they're going to do and it's all thread hyperbole?

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Tony Montana posted:

Isn't this the same as Chip Ganassi announced they were entering F1 and were going to win races in their first season? I guess it's exactly the same as Haas. The idea that Haas is going to win anything in their first years is laughable because F1 is super competitive. Isn't it the same for the Indy 500?

Or has McLaren actually said nothing about how they're going to do and it's all thread hyperbole?

The McLaren is by name only, really. He'll be under Andretti Autosport, kinda like Rossi was last year (and this year?). I'm pretty sure the engine was borrowed from Stefan Wilson, but I don't really know.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Tony Montana posted:

Maybe you should read the actual articles instead of just straight up making poo poo up.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Chip Ganassi was in F1? Do you mean Adrian Reynard?

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Apr 12, 2017

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

FartingBedpost posted:

The McLaren is by name only, really. He'll be under Andretti Autosport, kinda like Rossi was last year (and this year?). I'm pretty sure the engine was borrowed from Stefan Wilson, but I don't really know.

I think the deal with the engine is that it was originally earmarked for Wilson and Honda is going to give it to Alonso's entry instead. I suspect Wilson was planning to run Andretti's 5th entry until Alonso made his interest known.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Tony Montana posted:

IndyCar is a different animal.

Case in point? Bourdais is leading the title fight right now in a team that would be comparable to Sauber or Manor in terms of traditional positions on the grid.

It's not unlikely, I mean...I saw a rookie in Rossi win it last year in one of the most amazingly bizarre finishes ever. It's a real :ussr: of a series for better or worse.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Human Grand Prix posted:

Chip Ganassi was in F1? Do you mean Adrian Reynard?

Roger Penske did it back in the day. Actually won a race too.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

Case in point? Bourdais is leading the title fight right now in a team that would be comparable to Sauber or Manor in terms of traditional positions on the grid.

The relative difference in size between the top teams and Coyne might well be larger than the difference between the top F1 teams and Sauber.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JensonButton/status/852196270621958145

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

FuzzySkinner posted:

IndyCar is a different animal.

It's not unlikely, I mean...I saw a rookie in Rossi win it last year in one of the most amazingly bizarre finishes ever. It's a real :ussr: of a series for better or worse.

Hrm, cool. So poo poo could happen and Nando could end up doing something awesome. Rad.

FartingBedpost posted:

Ah right, so the car isn't something McLaren are making, it's a rebadged car from an existing team. Well poo poo, I guess we're going to get another data point on my 'all oval drivers are rubbish' theory. I would expect Nando to have quite the time trying to adjust to how dramatically different not just oval racing is but a bigass oval race like the Indy 500.

• Locked thread