Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Pokemaster #421 posted:

So with my 20k feathers should I promote Eirika Nino or Lilina, or spend them on getting skills for my azura eldigan Minerva and bunny Camilla?

Post those IVs and get your answer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Sorry, what did the arena changes entail? I'm still being matched to around the same point region as I was last week which is 676-680.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Where are you guys seeing your stat totals or whatever?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

Where are you guys seeing your stat totals or whatever?

You can sort units by stats in the allies screen

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Sorry, what did the arena changes entail? I'm still being matched to around the same point region as I was last week which is 676-680.

They changed it so you can have hard fights now, instead of just wailing on armours for easy points.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Probably works the other way too. I usually get like a full page of defenses over night and this morning I had only one, hah.

I actually ran into a Pegasus team this morning that was all +2-4s despite no merges on mine. Still was a 680 so that was cool. Seems like they are being smarter about things.

Miss the arena daily quest though, my free sword crest!

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Post those IVs and get your answer!

So basically optimal iv upgrade dude not optimal iv spend feathers on skills yeah?

Edit my Nino is - hp +Atk and I think my Eirika is +res -Atk, so I'm assuming she's out. Nino might be a good upgrade though. Oh lilina is +Atk- hp like Nino. drat that really sucks about Eirika. Oh well

Pokemaster #421 fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 12, 2017

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

TheKingofSprings posted:

You can sort units by stats in the allies screen

Oh, you just add up your totals manually?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Pokemaster #421 posted:

So basically optimal iv upgrade dude not optimal iv spend feathers on skills yeah?

Edit my Nino is - hp +Atk and I think my Eirika is +res -Atk, so I'm assuming she's out. Nino might be a good upgrade though. Oh lilina is +Atk- hp like Nino. drat that really sucks about Eirika. Oh well

Eirika is a great buffbot either way, Sieglinde is an amazing legendary weapon, but that Nino seems pretty drat good too, only better one would be +spd (which I'm holding out for before I promote mine personally)

Silver Falcon posted:

Oh, you just add up your totals manually?

Afaik yeah

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Apr 12, 2017

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Eirika is usually just a buff bot on my teams. Her attack is so poopy that people just inherit life/death to get a little attack out of her and the speed to double. I lack that inherit atm so I just put swordbreaker on her so she can tank a red lord from time to time and then a blade tome user kills whoever it is next turn.

Nino is a solid upgrade as usual and +atk is a good IV.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Nino doesn't really benefit from +Atk like other units because her tome can give her access to huge amounts of bonus damage (and her base attack is solid anyway), while +Res Eirika could make a half-decent magic/dragon baiter as a secondary function to her buffing duties, with the right skills (glacies).

Choose your favourite.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Nino is a solid upgrade as usual and +atk is a good IV.

Is +atk/-res still useful? I pulled a second Nino and I'm considering training her up, but I'm hesitant about that -res.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Airspace posted:

Is +atk/-res still useful? I pulled a second Nino and I'm considering training her up, but I'm hesitant about that -res.

Yes that's fine, +atk/spd, - any defensive IV is solid for pretty much any unit not named Effie

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yes that's fine, +atk/spd, - any defensive IV is solid for pretty much any unit not named Effie

Neat. I guess I'll go train her up and compare her to my first Nino to see which one eats the other.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

It is fun hilariously overkilling Effies through Wary Fighter. New arena feels a lot easier. Got a 4760 score for the season as well.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

Max score variation in arena seems to be twice as wide as it was previously, which means you really need to burn some swords using "surrender" if you want to maximize your Points.

this is kind of a bummer and makes it feel even worse when you lose a unit late into a run.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I only went three rounds, but arena seems to be twice as hard for me. Went from 630 to 680, with Kagero/Takumi/Lucina/BLucina. Probably gonna swap Takumi out for someone good like Nino.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I got a 4* Reinhardt with the free pull plus a bunch of other idiots but BLucina eludes me :(

Oh and Reinhardt is +Spd/-Atk, of course :suicide:

Philip Rivers fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 12, 2017

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Philip Rivers posted:

I got a 4* Reinhardt with the free pull plus a bunch of other idiots but BLucina eludes me :(

Oh and Reinhardt is +Spd/-Atk, of course :suicide:

loving ouch :(

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Basically people who were running high BST before probably have it much easier and people who weren't are probably having it harder.

Looks like I got a 4742 and I'm never surrendering poo poo. I don't really care about ranking anymore as long as I get top 10k which that should easily. It's only a difference of 500 feathers from top 5k.

Airspace posted:

The -res won't make a noticeable difference. Nino can typically bait one attack from a green and like two from blues just cause of weapon triangle. She will never tank a red mage at all so res doesn't come into play.

Just watch out for green tomebreakers on green mages. I've lost a Nino a few times to that simply from overlooking it.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Apr 12, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

-RES or -DEF are the best minuses for Nino to have.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Love the new arena. Sample size of three since I spent my swords too early yesterday, but all my matchups appeared to be people like me: some interesting skills scattered around, maybe a +1 on one or two units, but nothing whaley

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

-Res is marginally better than -Def for Nino I'm pretty sure. If there ever comes a time I need a new sick skill in Nino's set I'll grind my 3* +Spd/-Res and feed my 5* +Spd/-Def one to her.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Julia is my godamn MVP.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Man all I got off of trying to roll with the free orbs was a 4* Donnel and Peri. From a 3 pull and a 2 pull. I hate subaki's stupid face.

What's wrong with Subaki? He's my first 5* and he's King gently caress You of Murder Mountain.

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013
Ok so I'm trying to make a real arena team but the skill choices are overwhelmingly me. What would be good skills for these units?

-Hp/ + Atk Azura

-Hp/ + Spd Julia

-Hp/ + Atk Tharja

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I have too many 3* subaki. I'm just tired with this banner after not getting any rabbits with the 2 5* units off the banner I've gotten.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
My Julia ended up with 41hp and 46atk which doesn't even list as possible on here.

https://feheroes.wiki/Julia

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Sinistral posted:

Ok so I'm trying to make a real arena team but the skill choices are overwhelmingly me. What would be good skills for these units?

-Hp/ + Atk Azura

-Hp/ + Spd Julia

-Hp/ + Atk Tharja

Azura: Basically perfect out of the box
Julia: Life and Death, Fury, Atk+, or Spd+. Some sort of rally skill. A buff in slot C. G Tomebreaker. Maybe a different proc. Making a "perfect" Julia will cost thousands of SP.
Tharja: Pretty close to perfect already. Give her a rally skill, and maybe swordbreaker. Consider replacing Spur Res with Hone Atk or Hone Spd.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Trebek posted:

My Julia ended up with 41hp and 46atk which doesn't even list as possible on here.

https://feheroes.wiki/Julia

The wiki doesn't include atk bonuses from the weapon.

e: you're -atk which is pretty crippling on Julia

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

One last spring roll...

+Spd/-Atk Cordelia

Meh. I hope the 5's I started with turn out to have good stats because all the ones I'm actually trying to judge are less than good.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Jeff Goldblum posted:

One last spring roll...

+Spd/-Atk Cordelia

Meh. I hope the 5's I started with turn out to have good stats because all the ones I'm actually trying to judge are less than good.

She'll have 38 speed if you give her something that isn't a brave lance or life and death. -attack sucks but she still has 32 on the unit.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

My spring Chrom ended up +speed -hp which is not bad at least.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Thanks again for the help! So is anyone else super indecisive when it comes to this dumb game or is it just me? I'm sitting on several hundreds of sp for each of my main dudes because for some dumb reason I always hesitate before inheriting skills, despite knowing exactly what I want to do.

Like right now I've got a 4 star able who has sword breaker 3 just waiting to be slapped on my eldigan but for some dumb reason I just don't pull the trigger. I think my bunny Camilla has over 800 sp just chillin because I can't decide between draconic aura or hone attack and man I really need to kick myself in the rear end and just start inheriting like a madman

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Thanks again for the help! So is anyone else super indecisive when it comes to this dumb game or is it just me? I'm sitting on several hundreds of sp for each of my main dudes because for some dumb reason I always hesitate before inheriting skills, despite knowing exactly what I want to do.

Like right now I've got a 4 star able who has sword breaker 3 just waiting to be slapped on my eldigan but for some dumb reason I just don't pull the trigger. I think my bunny Camilla has over 800 sp just chillin because I can't decide between draconic aura or hone attack and man I really need to kick myself in the rear end and just start inheriting like a madman

I get that way too, it always feels like there's that chance you'll realize you want to use a different unit or you'll get a different one (Swordbreaker is looking great on my No'wi when I haven't used her in like a week...)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Just pulled Peri, and listened to her voice clips. :stare:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

I don't know why they had Tommy Pickles voice actress do characters in this game and Fates but I do not like it

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

bobjr posted:

My spring Chrom ended up +speed -hp which is not bad at least.
+SPD is really good for Bunny Chrom, lets him double a good amount of units if you give him Life or Death or Fury.

Kheldarn posted:

Time to plaaaay

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

I don't know why they had Tommy Pickles voice actress do characters in this game and Fates but I do not like it

I just looked it up, in Fates Peri and Hinoka were voiced by Elizabeth Daily. Cindy Robinson only voiced them in Heroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

cheetah7071 posted:

The wiki doesn't include atk bonuses from the weapon.

e: you're -atk which is pretty crippling on Julia

I dunno man, that bitch puts in work.