Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalenden
Oct 30, 2012
Anything for Endless Legend? With all expansions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
AI War anyone? Im terrible at RTS games but I apparently bought this a while ago?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Kalenden posted:

Anything for Endless Legend? With all expansions.

The wiki has everything I would have said here.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Anything for Shadow Warrior 2? The wiki's got nothing on it for that

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

a glitch posted:

AI War anyone? Im terrible at RTS games but I apparently bought this a while ago?

I would watch a few tutorials on Youtube. It's not exactly an RTS in any traditional sense, it's more like you're fighting a guerrilla war, skirting around the edges of the AI's turf. It's a great game, but not the easiest game to wrap your head around and some of the main concepts and the general flow of the game aren't covered well by the in-game tutorial. If you can get past the sharp learning curve, you're in for a lot of fun though.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

• Use whomever you want in combat, backup party members get full XP. Go nuts.

Sorry to be captain nitpick but this isn't true unless you max out the Moon confidant.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Sorry to be captain nitpick but this isn't true unless you max out the Moon confidant.

You are correct :doh:. Even so, just starting the arcana gets the backup party gaining XP, and the amount increases as you progress through the Moon Confidant's levels.

Also, because this one took me far too long to find;

• If you want to read a book while in LeBlanc, the place to do it is the bar stools beside where Sojiro generally stands.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Persona 5:

So apparently on rare occasion (I've only seen it once so far) there's a show on TV that asks you a question allowing you to raise your knowledge. Free knowledge point!

Also, question: is there any purpose to the fridge? I've opened it and it looks like something could happen, but I don't know what.

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Apr 12, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
If you level up Sojiro's confidant more you can make curry which is a party wide SP recovery item

Hot money making tip: Inflict confuse on minibosses and they have a chance of throwing lots of money at you

Kalenden
Oct 30, 2012

Millennial Sexlord posted:

The wiki has everything I would have said here.

Okay, thanks!

Also, any advice for (totally unrelated) Shadowrun: Hong Kong?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Kalenden posted:

Okay, thanks!

Also, any advice for (totally unrelated) Shadowrun: Hong Kong?

The ghoul is a great party member, don't pass on him.

Giving your party items makes them vanish at mission end if you don't use them.

There is a feng shui run. Bring gobbet.

Best etiquettes are shadowrunner and gang (corporate is good too).

Duncan gets a magnet arm. Get it. Use it. It is stupidly good.

Specialize one way or the other with racters drone.

Also, anything from Dragonfall applies. Talk to your team (and the magic shop owner) at every opportunity.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Welp, rented two DVDs in Persona 5 and I poo poo you not, I only had chance to see part of one before they were loving late.

gently caress you Morgana I sacrifice sleep irl and I should be able to in Persona 5 as well, even (and especially) during exam week

what happens if you're late anyways? late fees?

dumb cat

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

KingSlime posted:

Welp, rented two DVDs in Persona 5 and I poo poo you not, I only had chance to see part of one before they were loving late.

gently caress you Morgana I sacrifice sleep irl and I should be able to in Persona 5 as well, even (and especially) during exam week

what happens if you're late anyways? late fees?

dumb cat

The late fees are always waived apparently. Return them whenever.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
oh good, I really want to get better at picking up girls and this romance DVD isn't going to finish itself (not with loving morgana managing my schedule)

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The joke is he's a cat so of course he doesn't want to do poo poo.

KoB
May 1, 2009

al-azad posted:

The joke is he's a cat so of course he doesn't want to do poo poo.

Hes not a cat!!

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Almost everytime I've rented a DVD there has been days where I didn't have any free time, I think they don't count towards the rental period or something. I've had to pay the fee at least once though.

And I think the fridge is there to let you know if there are curry ingredients available? Not sure but the popup when I unlocked the ability seemed to indicate that.

There are a lot of things that can be said about Persona 5, but I don't think we want it to end up like the P4 page was before it got cleaned up. There's a certain charm to discovering and figuring stuff out on your own, and if you want to do "everything" in a single NG you'd probably have to use a guide from the start anyway. I think a few notes on mechanics and special wares available on special days would be enough.

And yeah gently caress Morgana. "You should probably go to sleep." No gently caress you I can at least read a chapter or two in this book first, or make some coffee? No? Eat poo poo with your dumb grin.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I'd say with Persona 5 the in-game tutorials and manual are incredibly comprehensive. The only thing I've encountered that they don't explain is the full conversation chart (found in the digital manual) and you can decline persona you have registered to reacquire them without talking.

If I were coming into the game fresh then the thing I would want to know "before I play" is that social points don't carry over between levels. What this means is that if someone isn't ready to advance then it's the perfect time to do activities with them like making coffee for Sojiro which he'll ask you to do even when he's ready to advance and thus you waste a day.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I'm thinking the big Persona stuff you'd want high up on the list are things like:

Status ailments are powerful, and even bosses aren't necessarily immune.

Instant death spells succeed quite often, especially when targeting someone weak to it (including your characters) Bosses are always immune to instant death if I remember right.

Fuse demons often. After a certain point they take a ridiculous amount of XP to level up compared to a demon with a higher base level.

More specific tips should probably be lower priority.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Yeah, I'd say fusing is the weirdest thing if you're an SMT newbie. Persona are disposable and their stats modify your stats so always be fusin'. There's no benefit to keeping a crappy persona around when you can carry skills over to a new, better one.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Mass Effect Andromeda tip:

It appears that you cannot unlock all of the AVP pods. I seem to be capped at AVP level 20, with 19 pods unlocked. So, choose carefully, if you care about anything in particular in there, get it early. Some people are stuck frozen forever I guess RIP

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
any tips for teleglitch

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Best etiquettes are shadowrunner and gang (corporate is good too).

It feels like everyone has different opinions on the "best" etiquettes, Socialite is pretty handy too.

Also while it's not an etiquette, Biotech skill checks come up quite a bit in various places

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Neddy Seagoon posted:

• Use whomever you want in combat, backup party members get full XP. Go nuts.
This is not true, there is in fact an entire social link dedicated to raising the exp backup members get; it goes from partial to half to most to full exp.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
Top of the page. :ssh:

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Tollymain posted:

any tips for teleglitch

I'd also be interested in this.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
gently caress you if you're posting Bout exploits or endgame quest rewards in the I haven't started playing the game yet Megathread!!!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

This is not true, there is in fact an entire social link dedicated to raising the exp backup members get; it goes from partial to half to most to full exp.

Mayor McCheese posted:

Top of the page. :ssh:

For what it's worth, I edited it anyway just to point to "do the Moon Arcana" instead.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I made a list with stuff for Persona. These are all things that are not spoilers but also not explained fully in-game when they become available. As was said earlier the in-game tutorials and manual are fairly comprehensive at telling what things do when they pop up the first time so there's no need to have a tip like "remember to fart every morning" when there's a in-game tooltip that pops up on the first morning that say "farting is important and you can do it every morning."

- If you have the money, go to the underground walkway every Sunday and buy the special juice. It will give you a random social stat point.

- Some stores carry special products at certain times. Hints towards what, when and where can be overheard if you listen in on conversations.

- Always carry an unread book with you.

- All non-party member confidant links have different advantages. The first perk you unlock will hint towards what future perks will be like and you can check what the next perk will be and what level you need to get it in the confidant part of the main menu. None of them are necessarily more important than any other though as they are all useful.

- Status ailments and buffs are powerful and even bosses aren’t necessarily immune.

- A second or third baton pass will be even stronger than the first.

- Personas are expendable and are supposed to be replaced on the regular. When the “next skill” field is blank and the amount of EXP needed to level a persona starts to skyrocket it is time to start looking for a replacement.

- Remember to just have one waifu. Getting more waifu will destroy your laifu.

That last one is just for fun but could be considered a non-story spoiler I guess.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
The Something Awful Forums->Discussion->Games->All We Talk About is Persona

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Foxhound posted:

- Remember to just have one waifu. Getting more waifu will destroy your laifu.

That last one is just for fun but could be considered a non-story spoiler I guess.

Oh yeah, I saw there's a moment for that just from the various Confidant Guides online. It's a bit of a change from Persona 4, where you could date everyone so long as you didn't hang out with them on a Sunday. Or Persona 3, where you had no choice in the matter and had to romance every girl. Happy Valentine's Day...:unsmigghh:

Incidentally, I've always liked the thought that if you're cheating on multiple girls in Persona 4 they all figure it out about thirty seconds after your train's pulled out of the station at the end of the game and you've gotten away scot-free.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe
Persona 3 has the best system:

Most female social links were romances, and after a certain point the relationship got "Serious", which meant that seeing another girl would cause the link to go into reversal (i.e. the girl would be mad at you and wouldn't want to talk anymore, so you had to spend precious time fixing things). If you maxed out the link however, you would have an "Intimate moment" and make "a bond that can never be broken", meaning it was now safe to see other women. This means the optimal strategy (the only strategy really) was "See girl, go full on lovey dovey until you bone her, then never speak to her again, while doing the same to the next girl. Repeat until you've screwed everyone in town".

Gerblyn fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Apr 13, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gerblyn posted:

Persona 3 has the best system:

Most female social links were romances, and after a certain point the relationship got "Serious", which meant that seeing another girl would cause the link to go into reversal (i.e. the girl would be mad at you and wouldn't want to talk anymore, so you had to spend precious time fixing things). If you maxed out the link however, you would have an "Intimate moment" and make "a bond that can never be broken", meaning it was now safe to see other women. This means the optimal strategy was "See girl, go full on lovey dovey until you bone her, then never speak to her again, while doing the same to the next girl. Repeat until you've screwed everyone in town".

You also have to make sure you visit them regularly, or their S.Link will reverse because you're neglecting them. This does not happen with the male S.Links, from memory.

Whenever the game says you and your girlfriend share an "Intimate Moment" to cap off the S.Link, I'm sure the intent is it's a chaste and polite experience spending time together, but I choose to assume that thing gets loving depraved the moment that screen goes dark and you're happier not seeing what occurs.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You also have to make sure you visit them regularly, or their S.Link will reverse because you're neglecting them. This does not happen with the male S.Links, from memory.

They sure will! I'm fairly sure I managed to reverse a relationship with the french guy in the sewing club by ignoring him for too long.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

The Something Awful Forums->Discussion->Games->All We Talk About is Persona

Seriously.

South
Apr 9, 2001

I am the highest paid lifeguard in the world. Love me.
Doing a replay of Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and a first play through of Mass Effect 3 on my 360. I don't really remember much of 1 or 2. Any spoiler free tips for the three?

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

South posted:

Doing a replay of Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and a first play through of Mass Effect 3 on my 360. I don't really remember much of 1 or 2. Any spoiler free tips for the three?

If you've played ME1 on that console and unlocked the "Rich" achievement, it will still be available to you, which will give you access to SPECTRE gear, and there is zero reason to use anything else. If not, make getting that achievement a priority so you don't have to play the inventory minigame.

For ME2, if you want to save everyone, don't dawdle after the Reaper IFF mission.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kruller posted:

For ME2, if you want to save everyone, don't dawdle after the Reaper IFF mission.

There's a safety threshold of two missions, so you can go do Legion's loyalty mission and one other thing before you're in trouble.

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

South posted:

A lot of sidequests aren't the greatest and give minimal rewards so just stop if you find them samey or boring. But you're directly given a particular sidequest in ME1 pretty deep into the game that you should definitely do. Also ME1, sell all your unused items every couple missions or so. The inventory system isn't bad unless you completely fill your inventory, which is a nightmare and also completely unnecessary. ME2: definitely do the Lair of the Shadow Broker DLC, it's some of the best stuff in the series imo. These games are pretty straightforward so you can pretty much do whatever you want, play however you want, and you're not going to gently caress yourself over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

South posted:

I forgot one:

In ME2, there's a guy in front of a window you can Renegade interrupt to throw out of said window. I don't know what happens if you don't do it, and I never want to find out.