Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
That's the third time they've played Glass Eyes. Watched the show on Periscope streams and someone mentioned how Creep felt like a test/warmup for Coachella which makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
http://www.seattletimes.com/entertainment/music/concert-review-radiohead-unremarkably-good-at-keyarena/

That might be one of the most poorly written concert reviews ive ever read.

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

PDX:
Couldn't have imagined it better if I tried. Golden moment was hearing I Might Be Wrong. Silver moment was an absolute ballin version of Bloom. Bronze moment was the shredding version of Burn The Witch. Runner up goes to Thom's eyeball during You and Whose Army.

TKoL songs sounded the best of everything, especially Bloom. Holy poo poo.

PDX show was really great, but the set list did not seem to flow very well in my opinion. Burn The Witch was absolutely the best song of the night. Both my brother and I looked at each other and said "WTF?" when they started Creep as their last song. I thought they hated that song.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Radiohead71 posted:

PDX show was really great, but the set list did not seem to flow very well in my opinion. Burn The Witch was absolutely the best song of the night. Both my brother and I looked at each other and said "WTF?" when they started Creep as their last song. I thought they hated that song.

It did feel like they were trying to do a greatest hits kinda thing, probably because they haven't played Portland in 20 years.

I would've started with Everything In It's Right Place, because it was a boring rendition but it gets the crowd hyped.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Radiohead71 posted:

They've exorcised their demons with Creep and it's now a semi-frequent closing number for them.

Would rather they brought back You or Blow Out, tho.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I think High and Dry is the only song they hate so much that they'll never play it again. I don't think they've played it since 1996, and the one show I've heard from that era has Thom Yorke introducing it saying something like "it's a useless loving pop song, it doesn't mean anything."

Ballz posted:

Would rather they brought back You or Blow Out, tho.

That same show (Pinkpop Festival 1996) has an absolutely killer performance of You that doesn't seem to be on YouTube anymore. It might be my favorite pre-Bends song of theirs on the basis of that performance alone.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Apr 11, 2017

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Aye when i saw them last year in Barcelona, one of their first recent shows, it definitely felt like a best of.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
AMSP has been a greatest hits tour, with one or two wild-cards per night. If they play two nights in the same city, then you're going to get a more diverse set-list. When I saw em in Montreal, the only rare one they pulled out was Let Down. They checked off boxes for Karma Police, Paranoid Android, 2+2=5, etc, etc. When I saw them in Newark twice in 2012, we heard Kid A, How to Disappear Completely, Go To Sleep, and a couple others that aren't played often.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
High and Dry is significantly better than Creep

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
Santa Barabara last night was definitely not a greatest hits show. Granted they were all songs they have been playing in concert for this tour, but if you went in as a more casual fan then the only songs on the set list you might've been familiar with were Lotus Flower and EIIRP.

Blast Fantasto posted:

High and Dry is significantly better than Creep

Maybe, but from the band's perspective Creep is probably more of a silly song to enjoy playing ironically

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
coachella stream just started

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNVZy9kp6M0

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Feed keeps cutting out and I hear there are legit big sound troubles. Crowds leaving in droves. Disaster.

E: They're back on stage and things are OK for now but lol c'mon Coachella you had one job.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

sigmachiev posted:

Feed keeps cutting out and I hear there are legit big sound troubles. Crowds leaving in droves. Disaster.

E: They're back on stage and things are OK for now but lol c'mon Coachella you had one job.

Stream still sounds like complete poo poo but at least you can actually hear the loving instruments instead of some bitch in the crowd that won't stop screaming.

Edit:

Are you loving kidding me? It cut out again. Perfect acoustics of the crowd cheering and screaming; just no music.

Avalanche fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Apr 15, 2017

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
And it's hosed again. Jesus

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

This is insane, you've gotta have redundant systems and poo poo to account for failure with a stage this big.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Fantastic intro to Street Spirit

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Thom kinda sounds like he's phoning it in here.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Thom has engaged full wiggle

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
That was an absurdly beautiful performance of Identikit.

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

If I didn't already love Weird Fishes, that rendition would have done. Just awesome.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
this is a really loving good version of creep of all things

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

They really recovered from those audio issues and put on a fantastic set, I really feel like an idiot for not seeing them when they were down here now.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

Otis Reddit posted:

AMSP has been a greatest hits tour, with one or two wild-cards per night. If they play two nights in the same city, then you're going to get a more diverse set-list. When I saw em in Montreal, the only rare one they pulled out was Let Down. They checked off boxes for Karma Police, Paranoid Android, 2+2=5, etc, etc. When I saw them in Newark twice in 2012, we heard Kid A, How to Disappear Completely, Go To Sleep, and a couple others that aren't played often.

The Montreal show was like that due to being a festival, where for the past year they have played much more crowdpleasing setlists. All the standalone shows for this tour, even in cities with only one date, have gone deep.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
Real fans are preparing to start an ant farm with these guy fyis.

https://phys.org/news/2017-04-radiohead-ant-species-silky-fungus.html

quote:

"We wanted to honor their music" one of the authors, Ana Ješovnik, says. "But more importantly, we wanted to acknowledge the conservation efforts of the band members, especially in raising climate-change awareness. "

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/radiohead/status/859044764389453829

I think we're getting an OK Computer era album with unreleased songs and alternate versions.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

say waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttt?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

OKC 20th anniversary is this month so maybe they're doing something? Do they fully own that album and its recording sessions or does that belong to Parlophone?

Skttrbrain
Apr 6, 2008

Ballz posted:

OKC 20th anniversary is this month so maybe they're doing something? Do they fully own that album and its recording sessions or does that belong to Parlophone?

Im pretty sure they fully own everything now.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Big boots?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Trying not to get too hyped, at least not yet. That tweet doesn't mean anything right now other than reminding us that OK Computer exists.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
It's the second half of The King Of Limbs, obviously

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

Ballz posted:

Trying not to get too hyped, at least not yet. That tweet doesn't mean anything right now other than reminding us that OK Computer exists.

But what about all the posters. That have been seen in about 20 major cities throughout the world. https://www.reddit.com/r/radiohead/comments/68n2p7/in_paris_not_sure_if_this_is_a_new_one/ https://www.reddit.com/r/radiohead/comments/68oieq/tel_aviv_israel/

Something is definitely up.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
It's just gonna be a triple-album of covers and remixes. Don't get excited. Or they'll throw in a disc of all the b-sides and alternate versions we already have.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Sir Lemming posted:

It's the second half of The King Of Limbs, obviously

Hey buddy, gently caress. YOU.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Ballz posted:

Trying not to get too hyped, at least not yet.

Don't worry, I won't.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
http://www.oknotok.co.uk/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

HOLY poo poo HOLY poo poo HOLY poo poo HYPE BEGINS NOW

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
WHAAAAAATtttt

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cool. Not gonna say I'm crazy hyped or anything but cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Bummed Follow Me Around isn't there but I'll take Man O War and Lift.

Although who knows what's gonna be on that mix tape in the deluxe edition.