Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

It said it jellied the mouse, which would happen with virtually any substance with sugar in it. Dissolving is a whole other thing.

I've seen youtube videos of people trying to dissolve steak in coke. Nothing happens even after days.

The rumor came from there being acids in coke that can dissolve things. Which is true, there are acids in cola products that, in sufficient concentrations, dissolve things like steak. But that's true of a poo poo ton of common acids and there is orders of magnitude less concentrated than necessary in common coke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

thats really pedantic

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Soda products can't actually dissolve things like mice.

If they did, how would you know (apart from your coke tasting a little more rodenty than usual)?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Being afraid of soda because it has acid in it is like not eating foods because they have "chemicals." It just shows a lack of understanding of basic science (and science terms).

(Also, you should avoid soda because of all the sugar, you fat gently caress)

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Being afraid of soda because it has acid in it is like not eating foods because they have "chemicals." It just shows a lack of understanding of basic science (and science terms).

(Also, you should avoid soda because of all the sugar, you fat gently caress)

I'm pretty sure the original poster was just trying to shame soda drinkers and get a nice smug high, like yourself.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TrustmeImLegit posted:

It said it jellied the mouse, which would happen with virtually any substance with sugar in it. Dissolving is a whole other thing.

I've seen youtube videos of people trying to dissolve steak in coke. Nothing happens even after days.

The rumor came from there being acids in coke that can dissolve things. Which is true, there are acids in cola products that, in sufficient concentrations, dissolve things like steak. But that's true of a poo poo ton of common acids and there is orders of magnitude less concentrated than necessary in common coke.

I bet if'n you fry up that steak it'd be delicious.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

The Ape of Naples posted:

I bet if'n you fry up that steak it'd be delicious.

you can cola marinate things, it's good

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

What. the. gently caress.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Brb. Going to make some Faygo Fajitas.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Flaggy posted:

Coca Cola bbq sauce is like... a Thing in the South so it sort of makes sense?

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Flaggy posted:

I have a bottle of Dr pepper BBQ sauce and it is disgusting.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Top chef all stars had someone make a dr pepper bbq sauce. It tasted like salt and sadness

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

I'm pretty sure the original poster was just trying to shame soda drinkers and get a nice smug high, like yourself.
thanks forums superstar Hot Smart "I'm totally not a smug prick" ARYAN Girl

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

TrustmeImLegit posted:

As per "Breaking Bad", acid, though, does a really good job. Witnesseth Dr. Martin Poliakoff:

http://www.periodicvideos.com/videos/mv_cheeseburger.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZBwluyR2Tc

Flaggy posted:

Um, I used some of the Dr. Pepper sauce on a couple of slabs of baby backs, and, drat, it was actually pretty awesome.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

RIP

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I didn't even know he was sick. I saw him do stand-up once. He was a funnier guy than his brother for the last 30 years.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That and the Time Haters were my two favorite sketches from that show.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Wouldn't a mouse corpse in a bottle of water have mostly disintegrated after a few months? Acid or no acid, a wet corpse is gonna break down.

Stoatbringer posted:

If they did, how would you know (apart from your coke tasting a little more rodenty than usual)?

Those are the hosed with nutrients!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

You can order ribs from Chilis with the Dr Pepper sauce but I didn't like it.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I can dump regular Dr. Pepper on my food like a regular person.

E: yes I used regular twice and I don't care.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I make ribs with a Coke marinade and it's pretty drat good.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

For once I wasn't in the Meme thread to find this out.

P.N.T.M.
Jan 14, 2006

tiny dinosaurs
Fun Shoe
Mix coke in with apples in a pan to create a simple pie filling. The sugar actually works fine since you'd add that in anyways.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Jesus Christ, I thought I visited Snopes more recently, why the hell does it look like Buzzfeed now? It didn't look pretty before, but that's one of the reasons it was trusted. I've only half-trusted any website that looks like that.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

trapped mouse posted:

Jesus Christ, I thought I visited Snopes more recently, why the hell does it look like Buzzfeed now? It didn't look pretty before, but that's one of the reasons it was trusted. I've only half-trusted any website that looks like that.

I actually agree wth you. Looks kind of like a generic click bait type site now.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I actually agree wth you. Looks kind of like a generic click bait type site now.

Because it was bought out by George Soros and is 100% untrustworthy now?

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Johnny Aztec posted:

Because it was bought out by George Soros and is 100% untrustworthy now?

Wow, this took literally five seconds to Google and debunk. No wonder conservatives hate fact checkers.

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

That's not a very funny picture.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I can't believe Lego is selling that set in stores. Sad!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Funnier than yours imo

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Idk, I'm laughing

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Bullied by mice.

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003

Elias_Maluco posted:

Funnier than yours imo

Wanna boot that cat across the room.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Elias_Maluco posted:

Funnier than yours imo

Jeez, what a gangster rear end move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I just ordered some of these... excited/terrified to try them. I figure if I can handle drinking Malort, I can handle eating these​.