Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MikeJF posted:

The characters so far are past sonic and present sonic, character #3 is going to be future sonic.

You mean the one who is silver-haired, from the future and has psychic powers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

ImpAtom posted:

You mean the one who is silver-haired, from the future and has psychic powers?

No, that's Future Trunks the Hedgehog, easy mistake to make.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Xad posted:

No, that's Future Trunks the Hedgehog, easy mistake to make.

Ah, so instead the new playable will be Sonic Black.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Pureauthor posted:

Nah, that's Sonic X with Tunnel Rhino's power.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Pureauthor posted:

His Super Sonic Rosé is totally different from the new Super Sonic Blue.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

TFRazorsaw posted:

It's Antoine!

I want to go with this. Like, a world where Robotnik won and there's a resistance force? Prime for the SatAM group to show up.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Same except it's just Antoine and he's still a lovely French stereotype

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I haven't seen a thread for it, but that Spark game reminded me of a thing I NEVER got right in Sonic games either and it's the loops.

What are you supposed to do to keep momentum? I run at maximum speed, then hit a loop, get a quarter of the way up and it's all gone. I stop, roll down it and stop. Am I supposed to hold right? UP? JUMP? I have no clue and loops have been the bane of my existance in 2D Sonic games since forever.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Just...hold right. Don't try to match the direction as you go around or anything fancy, just hold right.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Antoine hasn't been lovely for years.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Um yeah who would want anything else

Kikas posted:

What are you supposed to do to keep momentum? I run at maximum speed, then hit a loop, get a quarter of the way up and it's all gone. I stop, roll down it and stop. Am I supposed to hold right? UP? JUMP? I have no clue and loops have been the bane of my existance in 2D Sonic games since forever.

:psyduck:

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Kikas posted:

I haven't seen a thread for it, but that Spark game reminded me of a thing I NEVER got right in Sonic games either and it's the loops.

Wait till you hear about the barrel in Sonic 3!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kikas posted:

Did you know that rolling into a ball down slopes makes Sonic go faster?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

4 year old me figured out how to do a loop de loop when i first played sonic the hedgehog

the cool posts kid
Jul 24, 2007

"hold right to win"

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Kikas posted:

Have you only played Sonic 4.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Kikas posted:

Yuji Naka ignored his hungry family for months and months trying to program that drat loop in Sonic 1 for this post ??? Even I understood relative direction when I was 5!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

SupSuper posted:

Have you only played Sonic 4.

I have played an unreasonable amout of Sonic 4. But I have also played a lot of other 2D Sonic games, and the loops never look as smooth for me as they do in any video I see :v:

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

You know what zone doesn't get enough love? Sonic and Knuckles Death Egg zone. That level was awesome, and I loved the gravity stuff. Plus I'm sure there are tons of secrets in the parts that the light tubes bring you past, but I've never actually managed to explore them.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Kikas posted:

what

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Real talk what's the deal with the red star bumper springs in Sonic 2?

Can you make that jump on the high route of aquatic ruin act 1 or did they just put that there to gently caress with me. It seems like half the time I get the jumps properly and the other half I careen into the toilet.

Also the best part of the barrel is, as an adult, realizing there's actually different barrels. They don't all work the same.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Why does sonic wear shoes when he doesnt wear any other clothes?? is mobius like a nudist camp planet where they put towels on seats and wear shoes but other than that anything goes?

and the gloves?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Overbite posted:

Why does sonic wear shoes when he doesnt wear any other clothes?? is mobius like a nudist camp planet where they put towels on seats and wear shoes but other than that anything goes?

and the gloves?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
holy loving poo poo that screen wipe

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Overbite posted:

and the gloves?

The shoes and gloves are utilitarian. The talking cartoon animals don't have an ingrained nudity taboo because they've got nothing to cover. Other talking cartoon animals who wear more clothes do so as an affectation in imitation of human mores.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 17, 2017

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Overbite posted:

and the gloves?

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2017/04/rumour-sonic-mania-to-include-animated-cut-scenes/

This is amazing

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011
I would very much like it for the 2d sonic game coming out to have better cutscenes than the 3d one.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
why does a sonic game need cutscenes

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Screaming Idiot posted:

because https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JcT0VgUim8

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

like, in the middle of the game dude

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Screaming Idiot posted:

Because it gives us Mike Pollock as Robotnik.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Pureauthor posted:

Because it gives us Mike Pollock as Robotnik.

that is what boss fights are for

"GET A LOAD OF THIS"
"TIME FOR A CHANGE OF PACE"

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

It's no use

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Stachewipe

Who have hamburger when you can have steak?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

If that linked half-finished thing is all there is to it then I'm all for it! It's a cute little linking scene with some expressive animation and a cool moment, also gives you a preview of what the boss might do and that the fight might start off running.

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011

Screaming Idiot posted:

if you do not care for it then you are free to press a button to skip the cutscene, friend screaming idiot.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I would appreciate more cutscenes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

quote:

Hello,

We have received new release date information related to your pre-ordered video game in the order you placed on September 13, 2016. The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

"Sonic Mania: Collector's Edition - PlayStation 4"
Estimated arrival date: September 04, 2017

:| is this game ever coming out?