Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
(jump to votecount)

(source)
Porta Reginae was for a long time the main trading port for Arrentia proper. It was built on a flat plain at the mouth of the mighty Queens' River, which in turn flowed into a natural harbor. Lumber from upriver could be floated south to Porta's shipyards, goods could be sent to its warehouses and sold in its shops, and its location on the Morze's western coast made it a natural resting place for travelers. As the Imperia grew, so too did Porta Reginae; the success of the Empire was reflected in Porta's roads, sanitation, plumbing, and constabulary, which were the finest in the known world.
Though as it invariably happens in these stories, things changed. A few generations ago, Queen Ebgenia II devoted a substantial amount of her resources to leveling some of the craggy hills protecting the Imperial capital - Dromay - from the Morze. It was largely considered to be a wasteful boondoggle, though she did clear enough land for a small harbor. Enterprising merchants, hoping to cut down travel time between Porta and Dromay (the centers of Arrentish commerce and government respectively) established branches to their guilds and cooperatives in Dromay's tiny port. They then presented their businesses as having "direct access" to both the Queen's court and the massive bureaucracy governing the Imperial domains. This was a gross exaggeration, but unsophisticated foreign traders believed it, and soon Dromay became a powerful commercial force in its own right.
As Dromay grew, though, Porta Reginae shrank (or more accurately grew more slowly). The city's merchant elites began to compete with Dromay for business and attention, which only spurred the new Dromay elites to fight back, both seeking to make their city the wealthiest at the other's expense. Though both were ostensibly part of the same Empire, the two cities could not hate each other more. It was only a matter of time before someone crossed a line.
Last night, constables found an owner of a Porta Reginae trading cooperative - Murmur Twins & Co. - murdered in the streets. He was one of the most belligerent merchants opposing Dromay's influence, making it certain that his death was economically motivated. And yet, the weird thing was, the knives used to kill him were Murmur-branded. Any self-respecting Dromay assassin would have used their own weapons from their own city. It was almost as if he was killed by someone in his own company engaging in industrial sabotage. Or maybe it was a false flag to bring MT&C to tear itself from the inside. Or perhaps it was part of something more insidious, something more grand than just the petty feuds of some rich fools. As the constables would discover in time, this death would just be the beginning of a conspiracy stretching beyond Porta Reginae, beyond even the Morze itself. A conspiracy which, if it came to fruition, could bring the Empire itself to its knees.

(source)
Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a 24 player closed-setup game. However, it is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki or the Mafia flash thingy. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix minor things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be reasonable about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter. Votebot finally supports this functionality, and so there should rarely be a discrepancy between my counts and its. I may even stop doing hand counts entirely; how strange would that be?

Posting is very important to me, however I will not expect you to be abuzz with posting things left and right. If you haven't posted for a while, I'll probably prod you with a PM casually, maybe with a "hey go post GO POST NOWWWW". If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included. However, if you're put on probation for more than a day, then I will replace you without warning. So don't get probated!

Deadlines are the most effective and easiest way to encourage participation. To that effect, every game day will have a deadline. If majority voting has not been reached by then, the day will end with no hanging. The Day 1 deadline will be at most 5 days long, and they'll only get shorter! Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it to be floating.

To sign up, simply say whether you want to play or be a replacement, whether or not you have PMs, and your email address. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. I only check my email every other day or so, so if you don't have PMs you should really consider it!

If you are living with, or otherwise have direct RL contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Here we go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c:

NOTE: just an estimate, not assumed to be accurate!

Current Phase: N / A
:h: N / A
:d: N / A

Player List:
1) 100YrsofAttitude
2) Birdstrike
3) CCKeane
4) Ernie.
5) its me glenda GulagDolls
6) Kashuno
7) KhyrosFinalCut
8) Max
9) merk Tobbs Gnawed
10) Mithross
11) Moatillata
12) Murmur Twin
13) Pinterest Mom
14) Quandary
15) Samfucius
16) Somberbrero
17) Spoonsy
18) The Lord of Hats
19) this is a stickup
20) Tired Moritz
21) TMMadman
22) tpink
23) Uranium Phoenix
24) wins32767 IllegallySober

Night 0: TaoJones, Iulius Pliny, Bombast (town-aligned doublevoter), died.
Day 1: Some people tried to vote out Lord of Hats but failed.
Night 1: Murmur Twin, ???, died. Mithross, ???, died.
Day 2: Quandary, Faustus, Saboteur (C&C-aligned JOAT), executed.
Night 2: 100Yrs, ???, died.
Day 3: tpink, Lucia Tullia, Innkeeper (town-aligned messenger), executed.
Night 3: CCKeane, Henryk, Shareholder (town-aligned vanilla), died. TMMadman, ???, died. Moatillata, ???, died.
Day 4: Uranium Phoenix, Leopold Kuczecyk, Hitman (C&C-aligned hitman), executed.
Night 4: Tobbs Gnawed, ???, died.
Day 5: Ernie., Claudia, Constable (town-aligned weak watcher), modkilled.
Night 5: The Lord of Hats, Her Imperial Majesty Queen Cornelia the Quiet, Empress of Arrentia, Queen of Mereaux and the Livireen, Pontifex Maxima, First Secretary to the Metzzi Community, Protector of Charnaz and Kirane, Dogess of the Republics of Rubirge and Rossetia, Ard Rigan, Emira Cazanae, and Khanum of the Khivzm Steppes (queen-aligned beloved princess), died.
Day 6: Spoonsy, Brudny Czapek, Turncoat (C&C-aligned jailor), executed.
Night 6: Somberbrero, Czesława Metella, Healer (town-aligned white mage), died. Birdstrike, ???, died.
Day 7: KhyrosFinalCut, Magda Kosma, Spy (C&C-aligned goon), executed.
Night 7: Pinterest Mom, Antonia Drusa, Framed Shareholder (town-aligned miller), died. Tired Moritz, ???, died.
Day 8: Kashuno, Stanisława Kridl, Spy (C&C-aligned goon), executed.
Night 8: this is a stickup, ???, died.
Day 9: The town decided to try their luck with an odd number.
Night 9: Max, ???, died.
Day 10: GulagDolls, Judyta Caeceri, Shareholder (town-aligned vanilla), executed.

GAME OVER
ASSASSIN VICTORY

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 09:03 on May 13, 2017

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I'm not alive or hosting anything else so hell yea

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:lsd:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't played a game in a while.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Hahaha I was trying to take a small mafia break but I just read the description of this and can't say no.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Murmur Twin posted:

Hahaha I was trying to take a small mafia break but I just read the description of this and can't say no.

knowing me it won't reasonably start for another week anyway ("ha ha ecco your incompetence is so charming!" - nobody) so maybe that'll be your break!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Apr 12, 2017

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i don't remember presigning for this

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Eh why not Ecco. I'll step into whatever crazed production you've got this time.

e: Ecco, can I be something mildly game breaking and pro town this time?

Spoonsy fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Apr 12, 2017

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Yeah I'll play it's been a bit.

No way this will be as cool as the game where I was the king though that was rad as hell

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It was rad!

I'm just gonna spectate. Good luck!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Spoonsy posted:

Eh why not Ecco. I'll step into whatever crazed production you've got this time.

e: Ecco, can I be something mildly game breaking and pro town this time?

You should modkill this person for editing his post!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

You should modkill this person for editing his post!

eccogame dummy

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I will play if you want me to. :)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Nothing to see here.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Woo, Eccogame

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'd like to play but I need to see how long I last in my current game. I'll be a Replacement on call, for now, and if you haven't started and need people and I died, I'll play!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'm still laughing at this game's flavor - I turned down a job at a knife manufacturing company near Portland a few weeks ago. Apparently it was a good choice!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I will play but only if you can Tastefully work me into the flavor

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I request to be awkwardly and uncomfortably shoehorned into the flsvor

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I'll look for my Cicero translation

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
we're at halfway! :toot:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I wasn't going to join another game but then I saw that it's Ecco, cool flavor, and that awesome people have signed up so far (hi MMT!), so I couldn't resist. In please. :kiddo:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I feel like Arrentia's historians have spent a great deal of time trying to figure out why this pattern of community-organized lynchings happens so often.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

The Lord of Hats posted:

I feel like Arrentia's historians have spent a great deal of time trying to figure out why this pattern of community-organized lynchings happens so often.

A shameful history really

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The Lord of Hats posted:

Ecco, next game you run should be about the first instance of this occurring.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

The Lord of Hats posted:

They all played mafia Hangman as children (see Hnetva) and well when all you have is a hammer etc.

Max posted:

Ecco, next game you run should be about the first instance of this occurring.

(I already did :ssh:)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i want to join ecco game

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Quandary posted:

I request to be awkwardly and uncomfortably shoehorned into the flsvor

This guy gets it

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Okay, I guess I'm signing up. Dang, it's been awhile.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Hello People. I too will play this game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

To sign up, simply say whether you want to play or be a replacement, whether or not you have PMs, and your email address. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. I only check my email every other day or so, so if you don't have PMs you should really consider it!

I refuse to follow directions.

edit: I'm even editing this post to violate another rule.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Triple post.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'll play.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hello I am an alien I am here to shoot lasers.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

tentatively in, pm sent!

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Merk! Keane! Ernie! Somberbrero! How have you all been? It's been a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

wins32767 posted:

Merk! Keane! Ernie! Somberbrero! How have you all been? It's been a long time.

shut up NERD.

• Locked thread