Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

One time I saw Stilton at the Costco I got it, when it was done there was no more Stilton to be found.

Same here! They have some amazing blue cheese from time to time, but never the same one for very long.
They also have the best price on the Cabot black 5-year cheddar.

When they put whole pork loins on sale, it's the cheapest meat you can buy, usually close to a dollar a pound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Thinking bout a drive to Costco purely for a huge honking hottie, and I think it's gonna rule.

The thread needs to know if you actually snagged that hottie.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

BaconCopter posted:

The thread needs to know if you actually snagged that hottie.

That thought did not become reality. Though it pushes me to attempt this for a solid lunch tomorrow.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
my costco added a garden center and now in addition to amazing hot dogs, I'm tempted to continue buying poo poo to plant in my yard even though I don't need any more. but those deals....

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Tato posted:

my costco added a garden center and now in addition to amazing hot dogs, I'm tempted to continue buying poo poo to plant in my yard even though I don't need any more. but those deals....

Our garden center was set up by one employee and he was so proud of it, a Good Man and Good Employee.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

That thought did not become reality. Though it pushes me to attempt this for a solid lunch tomorrow.
GBS goon project: Buying a hot dog from Costco

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

Same here! They have some amazing blue cheese from time to time, but never the same one for very long.
They also have the best price on the Cabot black 5-year cheddar.

When they put whole pork loins on sale, it's the cheapest meat you can buy, usually close to a dollar a pound.

The kirkland signature blue cheese was/is creamy garbage. Pointless!

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
When I was around 4 or 5 years old we went to Costco and my mom bought a bag of those little red coffee straws that had around 10,000 of them in the bag. With regular use from my mom's coffee in the morning and me using them for various other drinks that bag lasted us until my last year at college when I finally used the last one. Costco has literally been keeping me alive and hydrated since I was a small child.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

a hole-y ghost posted:

GBS goon project: Buying a hot dog from Costco

You have identified the one goon project that can be accomplished by 98% of goons, and the 2% failure rate should produce at least one good thread.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

You have identified the one goon project that can be accomplished by 98% of goons, and the 2% failure rate should produce at least one good thread.

"I went to buy a hot dog but the cute girl behind the counter winked at me so I meowed like a cat and ran off into the Optometry department"

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Dr. Capco posted:

When I was around 4 or 5 years old we went to Costco and my mom bought a bag of those little red coffee straws that had around 10,000 of them in the bag. With regular use from my mom's coffee in the morning and me using them for various other drinks that bag lasted us until my last year at college when I finally used the last one. Costco has literally been keeping me alive and hydrated since I was a small child.

You do realize you can drink without straw in case of emergency, right?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

You do realize you can drink without straw in case of emergency, right?
Are you seriously suggesting mommy's little gum-gum should risk getting a hot-hot owwie in his mouthy???

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Those are coffee stirs, not straws guys, who would sit there sipping a dram a minute out of a coffee cup with that tiny rear end straw idea

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Duck and Cover posted:

The kirkland signature blue cheese was/is creamy garbage. Pointless!

I bought some two weeks ago, not a fan. Would be good to make blue cheese dressing with. But not that great to eat on its own.

They had some English Coastal Cheddar that was fantastic though.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Thinking bout them dogs

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Thinking bout them dogs

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Thinking bout them dogs

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Costco customers are generally affluent, so you're wrong.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Citizen Tayne posted:

Costco customers are generally affluent, so you're wrong.

Gotta buy in to get that 1/4lbs Hot Dog with 20oz Drink. Keeps the savages out.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Does it come with refill?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Does it come with refill?

you know it bud!!!!!

:grin:

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Yo pops you ain't thinkin' of it correctly. I said it before, I'll say it again, it's a gat daNGED BUCK FIDDY. Dogs for days bud. Ain't gotta think about nothin! I got 4 the other day and slammed em down in the hot dog emporium food court seating area while blasting some classic Bruce Springsteen from my phone; Nana was not impressed.

Apr 7, 2003

My wife and I biked past a costco today. I suggested having lunch there at the food court and she said, "We should go to Red Robin, we can do better than the Costco Food Court."

I'm single now.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Citizen Tayne posted:

My wife and I biked past a costco today. I suggested having lunch there at the food court and she said, "We should go to Red Robin, we can do better than the Costco Food Court."

I'm single now.

Red Robin has pretty good burgers for a chain restaurant though, and the garlic fries are top tier

Apr 7, 2003

Teikanmi posted:

Red Robin has pretty good burgers for a chain restaurant though, and the garlic fries are top tier

I'm divorced from you now, too.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Citizen Tayne posted:

I'm single now.

:sever:

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene
today i went to costco and didnt even get a hot dog on the way out (but i did get one of those frozen mocha things) and i feel like i've let someone down

if it's any consolation however, i was pretty filled up on a carne asada taco/al pastor burrito pair i got not long before going

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Citizen Tayne posted:

I'm single now.

You did a good thing

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Citizen Tayne posted:

I'm single now.

You made the right choice. If you go onto the website, Costco has two for one on mail order brides.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Prude posted:

today i went to costco and didnt even get a hot dog on the way out (but i did get one of those frozen mocha things) and i feel like i've let someone down

if it's any consolation however, i was pretty filled up on a carne asada taco/al pastor burrito pair i got not long before going

Well G-d knows I feel let down. That dog needed a home! A good home! And now it has. Nothing.

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene
i got this big pack of mochi while i was there, it contains vanilla, strawberry, and mango flavored mochi and i'm happy to report all three are pretty good

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Gonna leave good 'ole Costco with a pallet of berries

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Citizen Tayne posted:

I'm single now.

Good man o7

Prude posted:

i feel like i've let someone down

You have let a whole gently caress load of people down. Including me & Whatley-san~. Get that drat dog a home.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Plz... eat the dog! I beg you!

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
My Costco membership pays for itself on diapers alone.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Still waiting for a rap track about Costco. Hoping for a Rick Ross feature.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

the good fax machine posted:

My Costco membership pays for itself on diapers alone.

I also poo poo myself 24/7

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Departments and Specialty Items

Auto Buying Program
Car Wash
Fresh Deli
Fresh Produce
Independent Optometrist
Membership
Print & Copy Center
Bakery
Executive Membership
Fresh Meat
Gas Station
Inkjet Cartridge Refill
Photo Center
Special Order Kiosk

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
was at my extended family's easter brunch and the food sucked (much like my extended family)

was thinkin about them dogs. i hope the noble costco workers got today off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

A chest of spring mix greens
The chest of hydroponic lettuce
A chest of 69 eggs(or so)
Two heaping tubs of Kirkland lobster bisque
The chest of cheddar cheese
A satchel of Kirkland Black Forest ham
A monster box of diet cokes
A carved case of mangos
A huge round up of Kirkland coffee beans(grind on the insanely sick grinder right past the registers)
And of course a fresh chicken rotisserie for daddy to nom nom on the way home.

please tell me you eat a whole rotisserie chicken with your hands while driving